Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
So out of nowhere I got a replacement Reprolabels Scorponok set in the mail today. It's still not a perfect replica of the G1 stickers but the colors are much, much closer than the one I got from them earlier. The blue is too dark but overall it's about 95% accurate, versus basically not even close before. Good effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Speaking of Reprolabels, how long does it take for them to send poo poo out? I literally got an order in from SirToys in less time. From China! I'm still waiting for my decals.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Speaking of Reprolabels, how long does it take for them to send poo poo out? I literally got an order in from SirToys in less time. From China! I'm still waiting for my decals.

Sometimes I get stuff in under a week, sometimes it takes three weeks or more. There is no pattern to it that I can discern.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
I'm really digging the various IDW comics, so much so that I'd say they're my favorite Transformers funny books since Furman's marvel poo poo. They can be extremely silly at times though and I can get some people not liking that though. I prefer transformers as comics though more than cartoons or films, and am an ancient old fart who bought the first marvel issue at 7-11 when it came out. There have been a lot of just heinously bad transformers comics printed over the years I've suffered through and I'm just glad these are as good as they are. I also appreciate the fact they've shaken up the status quo as much as they have with Starscream, Optimus, Megs, etc. It doesn't always work out but I'm just glad they're trying to do new things.

My only real gripes are pretty minor, I think Barber's just got too many plates spinning at once in his book and would like him to either get a second title or go bi-weekly. With the galvatron, prime, starscream, and Soundwave stories all going in that book it takes a while for the main focus to come back around to say Soundwave. I want to see more of what he's up to in his commune. Is he curating music festivals there headlined by a Mantronix Reunion yet? Maybe the starscream story-line will move into All are one and there will be more room for everyone else to breathe a bit?

My other complaint is they've made death a bit meaningless since everyone with two major exceptions has come back to life pretty quickly (and those two I'm sure will turn up sooner or later since they are marquee characters). The only character deaths that really last are for those that don't have toys made and so for me those tend to be much more powerful moments. Some decepticon being fed to the DJD or that scene of the Flower garden the Necrobot made for Megatron worked pretty well I thought. I'm enjoying the dying of the light but at the same time I'm not really buying the idea that something horrible is going to happen, because if say they do kill any of the major characters they'll likely be back just like the times before.

Unrelated, Hasbro Sg is dumping combiner wars stock all over the island, several of the specialty shops have received complete combiner wars sets now for about $75 U.S.D (normally they're $200) so I'm guessing we'll be getting Titan's Return stuff here in the next few weeks.

Sooper Gila fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 24, 2016

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Dammit. Stop Hasbro, you're killing me.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Dang, already sold out.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

A Rod-Pod, I'll Steal It, NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!!!!

HEEELP OPTIMUS!

HEEELP RODIMUS!

HEEELP ULTRA MAGNUS!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

Dang, already sold out.

Rhino, you're our only hope.

Or the HTS I guess.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Rhino, you're our only hope.

Or the HTS I guess.

I managed to get one off the chosen prime.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Sooper Gila posted:

My other complaint is they've made death a bit meaningless since everyone with two major exceptions has come back to life pretty quickly (and those two I'm sure will turn up sooner or later since they are marquee characters). The only character deaths that really last are for those that don't have toys made and so for me those tend to be much more powerful moments. Some decepticon being fed to the DJD or that scene of the Flower garden the Necrobot made for Megatron worked pretty well I thought. I'm enjoying the dying of the light but at the same time I'm not really buying the idea that something horrible is going to happen, because if say they do kill any of the major characters they'll likely be back just like the times before.

case in point:

waved off with

okay, I can live with the survival but seven pages into the very next issue! Actually, that last image has pretty much soured me on the book since it was published and yeah, while I think someone is going to snuff it in Dying Of The Light, I can't imagine them actually staying dead

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Rewind is dead

The old rewind anyways

Until he's not, and then we can have a love triangle arc

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
How quickly you all forget Trailbreaker, Pipes, and Ambulon.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Anora posted:

How quickly you all forget Trailbreaker, Pipes, and Ambulon.

Actually Trailbreaker was sad, Ambulon was inappropriately hilarious and Pipes was pretty obvious. And has Barber been more pro-active when it comes to actually killing people off? I mean apart from Bumblebee and Shockwave who are a little higher on the list than Ambulon, Pipes and Trailbreaker

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 24, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I love rewind. I love the dead gay robot

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

I love rewind. I love the dead gay robot

he's just in love with someone that (I suspect) is no good for him

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I always enjoy the simultaneous complaints of killing too many characters and too many characters not being killed off. I think it shows a balance of "who the hell knows what will happen."

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Only this arc has suffered from a lack of death. I mean considering the odds #TeamRodimus is up against, it seems pretty asinine that they only escaped with a few minor injuries and one major injury. And the main complaint we have is that, well, mostly it seems completely arbitrary whether a character who seems to be dead says that way. Rewind came back through timey wimey bullshit, but Red Alert decapitated himself, Rung was shot in the head, Cyclonus was shot up pretty bad, Tailgate got robocancer, Overlord was obliterated by the Lost Light's missiles and yet here they all are, still alive and kicking. So now whenever I see someone "die" in MtMtE my initial thought isn't "oh poo poo, they're dead" but "when are they going to be magically resurrected with no narrative exposition?"

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

Gammatron 64 posted:

Dang, already sold out.

as of right now they've opened preorders back up, but given how quickly the first batch went they may be gone by the time i'm done typing this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HST still hasn't put their stock up so it might be worth it to check thee every half hour. As of right now I am still slated to get a case in 4 weeks but they canceled the last two exclusives so who knows what will happen.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Actually Trailbreaker was sad, Ambulon was inappropriately hilarious and Pipes was pretty obvious. And has Barber been more pro-active when it comes to actually killing people off?
Killing Barricade the way he did was pretty harsh. I'm not sure Slingshot technically died under his watch, given that was corporate mandated.

Other than that I can't think of any recent high profile stuff.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Honestly, it's G1-accurate for them to all be basically indestructible. The movie was the one big exception where they're shooting guns at each other like normal, but all of a sudden they're dying somehow.

It's not like I really love the idea of characters dying left and right or anything, so I'm fine with the stakes being relatively low. It's their drat insistence on using character death to heighten the drama that makes the fact that the characters not dying a problem.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Yeah the panel shown wouldn't be so bad if the "dying" panel hadn't been such a perfecting ending to that character.
It's the opposite of "this character died so anyone can die". This character's perfectly crafted death scene was a fakeout so now anyone's death could be fake.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
so my mom brought home a couple totes of my old toys from the cabin today, and i already found a couple of my old transformers. a couple RID Build Team dudes, Vector Prime from Cybertron, and an updated die cast rerelease of G1 prowl that hasbro did fuckin ages ago. there should be a few more Cybertron figures somewhere in there and the headmaster from Armada

and a bunch of sweet action figures that were basically the predecessor to those superhero mash-up dudes you can get now but those aren't really germane to this thread!

anyway i dug out the build team ones and man

these are not good 'bots

why was grimlock an excavator and why did i like this piece of poo poo

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
if you don't want the build team i know someone who would...

it's me. it's always me

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DoctorWhat posted:

if you don't want the build team i know someone who would...

it's me. it's always me

i only have two of them, i never managed to get the other two

i owuld be interested in the not grimlock/dump truck man owns though

and if anyone has a line on Energon Rodimus, mine busted at some point and i would like one so i could combine him with Energon Prowl

edit holy poo poo only forty bucks on amazon for rodimus, time to figure out the names of the two build team guys

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
also my headmaster trailer armada guy still makes the transformers sound when you push the head in, i'm hype as gently caress about that

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

New MtMtE is out and... I'm totally back on board and one mystery is finally solved: Dominus Ambus was agent 113, exposed by the DJD and "domesticated" ala the Roboids from the last scavengers arc as revenge

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

New MtMtE is out and... I'm totally back on board and one mystery is finally solved: Dominus Ambus was agent 113, exposed by the DJD and "domesticated" ala the Roboids from the last scavengers arc as revenge

I like the answer to the mystery, but that really was the dumbest way to end that subplot.

So in the end Dominus is dead because Rewind has 'let go' and now this is supposed to make him and chromedome stronger? The thing is, Dominus isn't a character for any of us, he's a plot device that doesn't do anything. It just feels... pointless.

Good answer to the mystery though, one that makes sense as well.

I do like the fusion cannon as well, I fully expected it to happen. Including Megatron turning it down at first, and most likely eventually taking it up and entering the battlefield.

I'm just curious if this is the end of the DJD. I mean... it makes sense, they've been built as villains two two seasons now, If they lose, they're never going to have the impact they did. Thematically this is the clash between Megatrons old creation and his new crew that represent his new ideals.

I have a feeling though that they will survive as an example of Megatron's "Mercy"

Onmi fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 25, 2016

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

A few more thoughts:

- There is no way Rodimus can remain as captain. Getaway told the truth about how awful he was, but Rewind sneaking in that epic burn and punch on him coupled with Ratchet practically begging him to order Chromedome to stop has just reinforced it. If he somehow gets the crew back, he's going to get them all killed
- Whirl and Cyclonus' heart to heart was amazing, with Whirl refusing to admit that he likes and admires Cyclonus, while Cyclonus is just a whole barrel of conflicting emotions. Superb stuff
- So what was up with Skids getting his sulk on when Rung went off with Nightbeat?
- Brainstorm acting as some sort of psychopathic tailor will never stop being funny, nor will Minimus' reaction to his new suit
- No idea what Megatron's up to. I hope he's going to have a change of heart, strap that fusion cannon on and go down in a hail of gunfire
- The last panel gave me flashbacks to the very last scene of Blackadder Goes Forth

And as for the Dominus stuff, it was exceptionally well played. I thought Dominus was going to be Tarn on account of his being a loadbearer and that "Tarn" was simply some sort of twisted Ultra Magnus type deal, but I was half right in that he was in the DJD just not the right member. And Rewind suddenly having a change of heart seemed strange as all through the series it had seemed that if Dominus turned up he'd drop Chromedome in a heartbeat. However, with Minimus revealing all he did, I can understand Rewind changing his opinion as he never really knew Dominus at all in the end.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

- So what was up with Skids getting his sulk on when Rung went off with Nightbeat?

Bet you a Coke he's butthurt about being put in the Locus Amicus.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

Bet you a Coke he's butthurt about being put in the Locus Amicus.

That seems very likely to me.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I liked the moment with Nautica. I thought it was really nice :nyoron:

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Here's Dominus Ambus as Agent 113/Vos from #44:

He was the previous Vos, the one with with hooks for fingers.

I wonder what Chromedome will do when he finds out Overlord is still alive and the other Rewind's death was basically for nothing. Or is the other Rewind still alive too?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Action Jacktion posted:

Here's Dominus Ambus as Agent 113/Vos from #44:

He was the previous Vos, the one with with hooks for fingers.

I wonder what Chromedome will do when he finds out Overlord is still alive and the other Rewind's death was basically for nothing. Or is the other Rewind still alive too?

Just speculating. Probably is alive, and would probably choose Dominus over Chromedome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They already laid it out that two quantum versions of the same person/bot can not exist in the same universe so it's doubtful there's another Rewind running around.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
But it turns out he wasn't Rewind to begin with, it was Eject the whole time!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

But it turns out he wasn't Rewind to begin with, it was Eject the whole time!

Oh no, I'm not getting taint reaped today.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'd like to think I'm slightly more coherent than taco.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
While I'm fine with the rest of the DJD surviving and indeed want pretty much all the named Decepticons on Deathsaurus' group to survive as well(except maybe Overlord), I really hope Tarn gets his rear end killed hard by the end of this, cause in the several years he's existed he's been nothing but a boring edge-lord who's done nothing but be responsible for the deaths of characters who are infinitely more interesting than he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They can't kill or reveal Tarn until Roberts has Optimus confront him.