Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RhoA posted:

T2 heron without a cloak... What the hell were you doing with it?

HOtboxing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Sup mostlylegless

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

cant help you because nobody here knows what a toon is

you can tuna toon but you can't 2na chali

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
so anyway, if I log back in, will I get booted off the station? will I be able to use a jump clone?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
:justdock:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

YouTuber posted:

Sigma literally has a few eras. The first era existed up until XZH-BoB camp where it functionally was equivalent to other squads. Then Armois Delgado destroyed the whole squad with his banshee voice by talking to us and also losing Apocs to a lone Crusader and berating us with his banshee voice. The destroyed period ran from like 2006-mid 2008 until particle9 or someone started forcefully talking to everyone and got them all onto the Jabber channel. After that it was a reasonable squad until the ISRAD guys got banned and Sigma lost like a third of it's members then the other third hosed off to be delvegoons.

After that I lost track of the group since we hung out with Delvegoons when in the same area or they were in ISRAD.

Speak no ill of delvegoons, for we shall ride again*

*pending the outcome of petitions

Xolve posted:

...Manny isn't the 'Head' of PL. If anyone- that's Elise.

This is Killah's campaign though- so he's the shot caller until we find something else to do.

bahaha Manny ended up in NESW, figures

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 26, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Friendly Humour posted:

so anyway, if I log back in, will I get booted off the station? will I be able to use a jump clone?

Saranen is lowsec. If you logged off there you're fine.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ullerrm posted:

Oh, trust me, I know the official story PL tells everyone about "campaign leaders" and whatnot -- So, who's been the campaign leader for this war? Was there a change in campaign, or a change in leader, between the Vale ops and the 93PI ops? What was the campaign before Vale, and who was leading it? (Genuine questions, not sarcasm.)

To be perfectly honest, the official stories about PL's decision-making style often give the feeling of plausible deniability, rather than a genuine buck-stops-here leadership. I'm not sure if that's intentional, but it's the attitude that I received, and it's a major reason that I didn't follow leboe to PL when I burned out at Rote.

The campaign is over, unless you have some hidden stash of sovereignty somewhere. We're more or less in the same state we were in while in Curse. Just loving around and throwing pings for minor poo poo out of #minusten. Our posted fleets are just a mirror of your posted fleets and that doesn't really require a campaign commander but Manny is indeed in charge until Killah Bee comes back after dealing with school/spring break. The entire adventure up north was a joint affair between Manny and Killah Bee.

As for deniability, who cares? That's for try hards who are too invested into the game. Context matters on fuckups. If some PL dude decided to start awoxing then the first person who encountered the situation, Lenid, Grath et al would issue the death sentence and the corp would immediately purge the person as soon as a director/CEO got online. PL is very loosely organized intentionally because it works better when you have a certain level of competency. The more barriers you throw up preventing people from doing what they want the more they'll try to circumvent them or frustrate themselves working around them. The campaign commander thing is intentionally designed that way to avoid brain drain and burnout, we want the people most available and engaged to be running fleets.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

jm20 posted:

bahaha Manny ended up in NESW, figures

Manny is also responsible for the biggest supercap welp in eve history

but he's also a chill FC, so...

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Landsknecht posted:

Yeah we chatted a bunch, he's fun. We had a respect for eachother, and I let him and his dudes roam freely and vice versa y'know pvp respect.

Happy Dolphin
Apr 12, 2007

:shepface::shepface::shepface:

vulvamancer posted:

I wasn't aware you'd been demoted because I hadn't seen you say anything in illum for weeks. It's not my choice but it felt like you were pretty checked out since we started losing space (which you took really hard).

The reason I have largely remained quiet regarding non-capital things in illum is that my list of predictions (that mittens himself suggested I made) hit the mark of 30 correct predictions (Both large and small) and 6 wrong and when the dread bomb prediction came true, which almost every single director disagreed with me on. I realized no one cared about my predictions despite this and decided to just focus on the capital stuff because it wasn't going to make a difference anyway. The the majority of the few things that actually got implemented of my ideas were done half-heartedly and most of them missing the objective of why they were done. If you're in illum, I'm sure querns can paste you the first 5 points that I made to him (before he got tired of listening to it and gently pushed the subject forward, heh) - Otherwise ping me on jabber and I'll compile the list with logs (Obviously I don't have access to certain things anymore, so you'll have to search for that yourself and I'm not going to reveal opsec stuff).

So I decided to focus on capital stuff, like I made clear to the mittani in our private conversation. I re-wrote the entire capital guide with the new mechanics and re-worked the capital reimbursement in the last 2 weeks - Which would unironically have been posted this week since I've been skipping on reading up on an exam to finish and there is a ton more if you dig a little in broadcast history, the capital channel logs and in-game. If you were in church, you would see me active almost daily.

Disclaimer: Don't get me wrong, I don't have any illusions about GSF being a democracy. Generally The mittani is good at taking advice from others.

Anyways, I'll stop posting about this as I have talked to Merkelchen and I'm now waiting to see if one of the decision makers will step up and actually put it straight to me why I was demoted.

Happy Dolphin fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 26, 2016

tempezt
Oct 28, 2011
evening all. the war so far. this is what I have found on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvgGckFbMlQ

do tell, what do you think and he has done other ones from the start.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Landsknecht posted:

P. sure that PL has held the record every time for biggest super cap welp going far back as 2009. It's just a result of constantly using them every day.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i aint watching that poo poo

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

i aint watching that poo poo

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
wait is that an uba video no take that back to reddit

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Other Barry posted:

not all message board communities hate immigrants as much as yours

:vince:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
holy poo poo that one got missed in the toontalk god drat other barry

tempezt
Oct 28, 2011

wait is that an uba video no take that back to reddit

sorry to ask but what an uba video?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Uba Stij aka Unfunny Poster aka Hendrick Tallardar

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

vyst posted:

Uba Stij aka Unfunny Poster aka Hendrick Tallardar

Aka Lionel Hutz aka Miguel Sanchez aka Dr Nguyen van Phuoc.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 26, 2016

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

evilweasel posted:

Saranen is lowsec. If you logged off there you're fine.

I see. Out of curiosity, what happens if you log back in and your character happens to sit on station that is under new management?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Friendly Humour posted:

I see. Out of curiosity, what happens if you log back in and your character happens to sit on station that is under new management?

You just sit there. If you undock you're unable to redock so stuff everything you can into one ship or just list it on the market.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Happy Dolphin posted:

The reason I have largely remained quiet regarding non-capital things in illum is that my list of predictions (that mittens himself suggested I made) hit the mark of 30 correct predictions (Both large and small) and 6 wrong and when the dread bomb prediction came true, which almost every single director disagreed with me on. I realized no one cared about my predictions despite this and decided to just focus on the capital stuff because it wasn't going to make a difference anyway. The the majority of the few things that actually got implemented of my ideas were done half-heartedly and most of them missing the objective of why they were done. If you're in illum, I'm sure querns can paste you the first 5 points that I made to him (before he got tired of listening to it and gently pushed the subject forward, heh) - Otherwise ping me on jabber and I'll compile the list with logs (Obviously I don't have access to certain things anymore, so you'll have to search for that yourself and I'm not going to reveal opsec stuff).

So I decided to focus on capital stuff, like I made clear to the mittani in our private conversation. I re-wrote the entire capital guide with the new mechanics and re-worked the capital reimbursement in the last 2 weeks - Which would unironically have been posted this week since I've been skipping on reading up on an exam to finish and there is a ton more if you dig a little in broadcast history, the capital channel logs and in-game. If you were in church, you would see my active almost daily.

Maybe I'm a dummy, but didn't you offer to step down? Is it possible they just took you up on the offer?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

YouTuber posted:

You just sit there. If you undock you're unable to redock so stuff everything you can into one ship or just list it on the market.

What happens to jump clones if you jump out?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Friendly Humour posted:

Warp away?

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Friendly Humour posted:

What happens to jump clones if you jump out?

It stays there and you can jump back into it. I just did that with a jump clone that was stuck in conquered territory.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Just curious, why don't you guys have station instas/0km dock bookmarks for stations you are expected to use? Was this part of basic bee training?

You should've bought Webb's bookmark sets guys all I'm gonna say

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

jm20 posted:

Just curious, why don't you guys have station instas/0km dock bookmarks for stations you are expected to use? Was this part of basic bee training?

I'm almost certain I've seen mention of corporate insta-dock/undock bookmarks from a GSF person in this very thread - their existence doesn't mean people are smart enough to use them though

Happy Dolphin
Apr 12, 2007

:shepface::shepface::shepface:

Maneck posted:

Maybe I'm a dummy, but didn't you offer to step down? Is it possible they just took you up on the offer?

From coordination, yes.

I still enjoy doing capital things.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

jm20 posted:

Yeah, we go over it, and there are corporate bookmarks for the important stations, though everyone is encouraged to make their own since the bad guys will figure out those spots pretty quickly. What you saw early on with PL's camp of the Saranen undock was people undocking on their own and not warping to it quickly enough, or trying to warp to it before sailing past the Archons sitting on the dock and bumping.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

PathAsc posted:

That makes two of us.

Three.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Happy Dolphin posted:

So I decided to focus on capital stuff, like I made clear to the mittani in our private conversation. I re-wrote the entire capital guide with the new mechanics and re-worked the capital reimbursement in the last 2 weeks - Which would unironically have been posted this week since I've been skipping on reading up on an exam to finish and there is a ton more if you dig a little in broadcast history, the capital channel logs and in-game. If you were in church, you would see me active almost daily.

It sounds like a good thing that you were demoted tbh

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I know this will probably leak to reddit, but I've actually been named the new director of cap ships for our vaunted alliance. As such. I have ordered all capital ships to continue standing down and all pilots to keep using communication protocol level z0r until further notice.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

jm20 posted:

gsf has put a citadel up as an insta undock in saranen

one effect of pl chilling on the saranen undock is that some gsf members are getting quite good at undocking

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I wish I had more information to form a stronger hypothesis about space demotions and reactions. Some people are offended and object, and I'm willing to bet far more find their demotions understandable.

As far as I can tell, the difference is the person's motivation. If there's any hubris or power-seeking I'd imagine the person will be upset. However if they worked as a matter of service to the org, getting demoted or fired (or in my case losing access to a TMC Slack chat channel by sion) is simply the message that hey no harm, no foul, this is a meritocracy and you haven't met a cutoff and so you've been given the opportunity to be a regular line member for a while.

I don't see how it's any different than not logging in for 3 months and getting purged from corp, as a generic example.

As for the matter of whether you think you make the activity cutoff

It's just good practice as a meritocracy to maintain a high level of performance. I had an old boss who was great at moving performance goalposts no matter what. One protection against mindless emotional fuckery in this situation, though, is that people are still needed in illum (or whatever rank or chat rooms) to continue doing work. Basically you can be assured that not everyone is being demoted just for the sake of moving goalposts.

Then there's the possibility of obsoletion. Perhaps the type or amount of work to be performed has changed, and if your work is capitals I don't think you should blame yourself. Things change.

Rather than making a case as to why you shouldn't have been demoted, the better conversation is to ask what you could do to get reinstated if you don't know already.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

YouTuber posted:

The campaign is over, unless you have some hidden stash of sovereignty somewhere. We're more or less in the same state we were in while in Curse. Just loving around and throwing pings for minor poo poo out of #minusten. Our posted fleets are just a mirror of your posted fleets and that doesn't really require a campaign commander but Manny is indeed in charge until Killah Bee comes back after dealing with school/spring break. The entire adventure up north was a joint affair between Manny and Killah Bee.

As for deniability, who cares? That's for try hards who are too invested into the game. Context matters on fuckups. If some PL dude decided to start awoxing then the first person who encountered the situation, Lenid, Grath et al would issue the death sentence and the corp would immediately purge the person as soon as a director/CEO got online. PL is very loosely organized intentionally because it works better when you have a certain level of competency. The more barriers you throw up preventing people from doing what they want the more they'll try to circumvent them or frustrate themselves working around them. The campaign commander thing is intentionally designed that way to avoid brain drain and burnout, we want the people most available and engaged to be running fleets.

Lenny Kravitz2 is the Campaign Commander

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Daco Vato posted:

I know this will probably leak to reddit, but I've actually been named the new director of cap ships for our vaunted alliance. As such. I have ordered all capital ships to continue standing down and all pilots to keep using communication protocol level z0r until further notice.

I'm sorry Daco you haven't done enough as capital commando and are being demoted

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Happy Dolphin posted:

Anyways, I'll stop posting about this as I have talked to Merkelchen and I'm now waiting to see if one of the decision makers will step up and actually put it straight to me why I was demoted

who are you and what space job were you demoted to/from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

frozenpussy posted:

I'm sorry Daco you haven't done enough as capital commando and are being demoted

But I was just about to instruct everyone to train fighter hangar management to 5! :colbert:

Orange Red Bull posted:

who are you and what space job were you demoted to/from

He says what his job was a few pages back, and from that you can figure out who he is.

• Locked thread