Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Ended up getting TP instead of WW since it was on sale. Hope it's good. Even if it's only okay I'll still probably get WW eventually.

Fwiw as much as I liked the 2d Zelda games I've played, the more I think about the lack of upcoming releases or any sort of announcement the sadder I get about it. I quiet like this system and its a shame they're not doing much for its fan base in what'll likely be its last year.

Edit: I've still got a few games left for the system to hold me over. Provided the NX looks good I should be okay til then. Hopefully Mirage is good.

And I'm glad I've got Kirby on the way too (albeit not for this system).

SylvainMustach fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
WW is worth at least 2x as much as TP. Hope you paid less than 1/2.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Twilight Princess is a great Zelda.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Twilight Princess is a great Zelda.

:yeah:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Minecraft: Wii U Edition is getting a physical release on the 23rd of June in Japan. I guess the rest of the world will follow shortly.

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/735276461632806912

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They already announced one for NA back when they announced the Mario content pack.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They already announced one for NA back when they announced the Mario content pack.

So they have. But not for Europe. How strange.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Waltzing Along posted:

WW is worth at least 2x as much as TP. Hope you paid less than 1/2.

No worries. About half.

My first thoughts are that it doesn't look that good. I know it's an HD remaster of a gc game but I sorta thought they would've made it look nicer or do something with the frame rate because it feels jerky sometimes.

Also, I hope it picks up speed because this is the slowest opening to any game I've ever played. I still have every intention of getting WW though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
The intro is uniquely rough.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

SylvainMustach posted:

No worries. About half.

My first thoughts are that it doesn't look that good. I know it's an HD remaster of a gc game but I sorta thought they would've made it look nicer or do something with the frame rate because it feels jerky sometimes.

Also, I hope it picks up speed because this is the slowest opening to any game I've ever played. I still have every intention of getting WW though.

The frame rate jerks are just TP's way of registering hits with the sword.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Did they ever patch TPHD to keep the framerate from dropping when you play on the gamepad screen?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

TP has gotten a lot of love since people started revisiting it. Play it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Oh hey, Wii U is also getting part of the Minecraft... competitive action?

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/735882194799976448

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Do kids play unmodded Minecraft? I wouldn't know, but I'm curious how popular the console versions are in comparison with the actual thing.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Saoshyant posted:

Do kids play unmodded Minecraft? I wouldn't know, but I'm curious how popular the console versions are in comparison with the actual thing.

My understanding is that kids will play Minecraft in any possible form. At the company picnic somebody's like 4 year-old grandson was playing Minecraft Pocket Edition pretty much all day.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I've heard that the console and pocket versions sell way more copies than the PC one these days. And with its general marketing towards all ages, having it on console it a great way to play it as a family with your kids, instead of going through the trouble of having multiple computers and figuring out a LAN setup or paying for a server monthly.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd imagine that unmodded console or handheld Minecraft would be way more popular with children.

I kinda wanted to grab the Wii U one cause of that Mario world pack but Notch's meltdown makes it a little hard.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 26, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'd imagine that unmodded console or handheld Minecraft would be way more popular with children.

I kinda wanted to grab the Wii U one cause of that Mario world pack but Notch's meltdown makes it a little hard.

Notch won't profit off of anf purchases of Minecraft nowadays, he doesn't own it anymore.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Sony posts the top selling games on the Playstation Store each month and Minecraft is usually somewhere in the top 5 on PS3/4/Vita every single time

It's so weird, you'd think everyone that wanted to play it would own it by now but it just never stops selling somehow

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Junpei Hyde posted:

Notch won't profit off of anf purchases of Minecraft nowadays, he doesn't own it anymore.

i'm an economist and i can confirm this is how it works 100%

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Minecraft U still doesn't use the gamepad features at all, right?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

oddium posted:

i'm an economist and i can confirm this is how it works 100%

It's... pretty much how it works? Microsoft bought it from him for the billions of dollars that can't heal his sad-brain. I mean, I guess he might have some residuals in that contract, but I haven't heard anything about that.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SeANMcBAY posted:

I dunno, if anything, Notch's uprising makes me want to get it on WiiU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Sam Faust posted:

Minecraft U still doesn't use the gamepad features at all, right?

Well, not yet. They did say they will make better use of it sometime in the future.

However, it does use the gamepad's microphone for voice chat. :v:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

deadly_pudding posted:

It's... pretty much how it works? Microsoft bought it from him for the billions of dollars that can't heal his sad-brain. I mean, I guess he might have some residuals in that contract, but I haven't heard anything about that.

that's why i confirmed it knucklehead

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just bought Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and based on the back of the box is Danica Patrick a part of SEGA canon now?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

oddium posted:

that's why i confirmed it knucklehead

I thought you were being sarcastic :shobon:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Alec Eiffel posted:

I just bought Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and based on the back of the box is Danica Patrick a part of SEGA canon now?
Only if Wreck-It Ralph and (if you have the steam ver) Simon Lane from Yogscast and TF2 is part of the Sega canon.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Jarogue posted:

Only if Wreck-It Ralph and (if you have the steam ver) Simon Lane from Yogscast and TF2 is part of the Sega canon.

Based on the Sonic twitter, I am willing to believe almost anything is Sega canon, if you want it to be.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jarogue posted:

simon isn't in tf2

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is yogscast still a th ing

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

don't answer that i don't care

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You should probably be arrested once you reach a certain number of YouTube subscribers

Make the number whatever gamexplain is currently at

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Super No Vacancy posted:

is yogscast still a th ing

Yes, and they're all goons. One goon. It's you. :ssh:

Super No Vacancy posted:

don't answer that i don't care

Nice coverup.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Saoshyant posted:

Kids don't give a poo poo about mods.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

Kids don't give a poo poo about mods.

Mods?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces