Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Onmi posted:

I like the answer to the mystery, but that really was the dumbest way to end that subplot.

So in the end Dominus is dead because Rewind has 'let go' and now this is supposed to make him and chromedome stronger? The thing is, Dominus isn't a character for any of us, he's a plot device that doesn't do anything. It just feels... pointless.

I dunno, despite not being a "character", the mystery was the driving force for Rewind since the beginning, and once he finally got his answer (and was presented with the opportunity to have him back) he wasted literally no time in letting Dominus die to save Chromedome. There was definitely weight behind that. I dunno if any of that needed to be tagged, but you did, so. The reveal woulda been way better if I hadn't spoiled it for myself earlier today because I'm a jackass who can't not click that sweet blacked-out text.
This comic definitely has its flaws but I think its character moments, like Cyclonus confiding in Whirl how unworthy he thinks he is of Tailgate, outweigh them and then some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Veg posted:

Just speculating. Probably is alive, and would probably choose Dominus over Chromedome.

If so, it's too bad they killed Dominus in this issue! I know he could come back in the next issue the way people like to complain about, but Kaon died last time and he wasn't miraculously resurrected.

One thing they haven't explained: When we see Overlord floating in space, he's holding something in one hand, but we can't see what it is. It must be significant, whatever it might be. The other Rewind's head, maybe?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Well, the "everyone waiting to die in the dome" plotline feels overlong, but at this point my biggest problem is that I still have a lot of misgivings about the Lost Light crew intentionally leaving their own to be tortured and murdered. I guess we won't see back with them for a long time to see if they really meant it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Acne Rain posted:

Well, the "everyone waiting to die in the dome" plotline feels overlong, but at this point my biggest problem is that I still have a lot of misgivings about the Lost Light crew intentionally leaving their own to be tortured and murdered. I guess we won't see back with them for a long time to see if they really meant it.

Reminder that Getaway mentioned using the Nudge Gun to convince those on the Lost Light.

So there's a very good chance that he pretty much applied it to any resistance.

EDIT: and beyond that he was already shown to be emotionally manipulative, so most likely, he just preyed on their very obvious fears about Megatron and Rodimus. It's very easy to twist a story such as "Megatron went berserk and they bravely sacrificed themselves to let us escape. I'm not about to disobey our captains last order to survive. Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

Onmi fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 26, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope we'll be getting figures based on those vintage cars in Cuba.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, there was that... HFTD Hubcap I think?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Hubcap was such a spectacular toy that my mom stole mine (along with a PRID vehicon and that yellow-and-white Skystalker redeco) and keeps them at her desk.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Action Jacktion posted:

I wonder what Chromedome will do when he finds out Overlord is still alive and the other Rewind's death was basically for nothing. Or is the other Rewind still alive too?
I wonder if the Trepan's Trigger still works on Overlord...

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Onmi posted:

Reminder that Getaway mentioned using the Nudge Gun to convince those on the Lost Light.

So there's a very good chance that he pretty much applied it to any resistance.

EDIT: and beyond that he was already shown to be emotionally manipulative, so most likely, he just preyed on their very obvious fears about Megatron and Rodimus. It's very easy to twist a story such as "Megatron went berserk and they bravely sacrificed themselves to let us escape. I'm not about to disobey our captains last order to survive. Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

well if that's so can we blame Prowl for this, too?

Like who looks at Getaway and thinks "This guy should have a nudge gun".

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Dang it, slow your roll, Roberts, just because people complained about the plot not advancing in some issues doesn't mean that you should solve them all at once. Especially when it's in the middle of a hectic situation where there's so many other things going on at once and theoretically there's an imminent danger that wasn't really addressed at all. You shouldn't be having friendship ceremonies in the middle of a siege! There wasn't even a single decepticon other than Ravage!

Also, I don't understand how poking around in the sparkeater/Ambus's head would've killed Chromedome. It seems like a really lame last minute thing that's a cheap way out of having to actually examine Ambus as a character and give Rewind some real introspection. Where's Ultra Magnus to actually say something about Chromedome and Rewind killing his brother?

And is there actually such a thing as a "real" Sparkeater?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Acne Rain posted:

I forget, did he mention that he tipped off the DJD was going to be there to the rest of the crew? Maybe they just thought they were stranding them behind and they could get a ship later from the Necrobot? I forget if this was explored or not.

TFWiki seems to say that the rest of the crew doesn't know about DJD part.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SlothfulCobra posted:

Also, I don't understand how poking around in the sparkeater/Ambus's head would've killed Chromedome. It seems like a really lame last minute thing that's a cheap way out of having to actually examine Ambus as a character and give Rewind some real introspection. Where's Ultra Magnus to actually say something about Chromedome and Rewind killing his brother?
It's been mention a number of times in MTMTE, I think even back in the first issue.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Overlord's spark was replaced by rewind's when those aliens fixed him up and at the pivotal moment they'll see what a data slab in the body of a phase sixer can do to a bunch of bloodthirsty Decepticons!

Blackheart posted:

Well, there was that... HFTD Hubcap I think?
And he is absolutely fantastic.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So if anyone is going to die in this fight, who do you think it will be?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Pipes will come back just in time to get stepped on again.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DoctorWhat posted:

Hubcap was such a spectacular toy that my mom stole mine (along with a PRID vehicon and that yellow-and-white Skystalker redeco) and keeps them at her desk.

Doo-de-doo-de-dooo

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Captain Invictus posted:

Overlord's spark was replaced by rewind's when those aliens fixed him up and at the pivotal moment they'll see what a data slab in the body of a phase sixer can do to a bunch of bloodthirsty Decepticons!

And he is absolutely fantastic.

I'll admit I haven't been following the comics directly lately, has Overlord killed anyone since he made his reappearance, cause that could potentially make or break your seemingly silly idea

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think he's just stood around looking menacing and making threats.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Onmi posted:

Rodimus should in a sacrificial way to make up for all the spectacularly bad decisions he's made, but he won't. I think it's going to be Whirl and possibly Cyclonus and I'm going to be sad but smiling because I can imagine them going down swinging and bickering at each other

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

You Am I posted:

It's been mention a number of times in MTMTE, I think even back in the first issue.

Yeah, but he's still been injecting constantly. It doesn't follow that of all times, now, when he's doing it for a good cause is when it's going to be fatal. I mean, smoking kills, but if you need to do it for a lifesaving surgery, maybe wait until next week to quit.

Onmi posted:

Somebody that there will be no consequence for, like Crosscut or Powerflash.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

SlothfulCobra posted:

Yeah, but he's still been injecting constantly. It doesn't follow that of all times, now, when he's doing it for a good cause is when it's going to be fatal. I mean, smoking kills, but if you need to do it for a lifesaving surgery, maybe wait until next week to quit.

Somebody that there will be no consequence for, like Crosscut or Powerflash.

might be a bit difficult for Powerflash or Crosscut to die, unless Getaway has a change of heart and brings the Lost Light to Necroworld

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's far from perfect, but I got over my dread of customizing to try to improve CW Wheeljack a bit:

Added some much needed black paint to several parts, and an articulated shoulder launcher.The fake chest windshield was a bitch to mask, and I learned the hard way that I should remove the masking tape before the paint dries fully; I had to re-do it. I'm pretty happy with the results!

I know this isn't anywhere near the best of the CW molds, but it's a pretty neat Wheeljack. The generations one is fantastic but a bit too wide. The headsculpt is fantastic on this one as well.

EDIT:

Sky Reign: still the best torso.

It's funny that the "team name" of the Sky Reign group is "Lynx King". Dude's just that full of himself.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 26, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GROOVE GROOVE GROOVE GO GO GO

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DLZUVYA

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Or just wait til it shows up on HTS with free shipping or something. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpazmasterX posted:

Or just wait til it shows up on HTS with free shipping or something. :v:

Look at this guy without Amazon Prime.

Also it was supposed to go up on HST yesterday, it might not make it up on HST in time for the MayMahem special.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
$40 for Groove is insane. You are insane if you pay that price, even with Prime free shipping.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Amazon Prime, now that was a good Prime. Really earned that matrix.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

$40 for Groove is insane. You are insane if you pay that price, even with Prime free shipping.
It probably wasn't $40 when he linked it, once Amazon sells out of their stock the listing will fall back to the scalpers third-party Marketplace sellers.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
But like the others, he was a conqueror and crushed his enemies under heel.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah it was 17 bucks when he linked it as usual

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Call me when they start selling Titans Return because I want the alligator guy and the tank guy and also the Titan Master that comes with a dinosaur/dragon tia

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alligator guy is prob gonna be the next and last Generations guy I get.

(And yeah, Groove was $17 when I looked at the link earlier. It said there was 20 left.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was indeed $16.99 and they have been adding stock all day so keep checking.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Endless Mike posted:

Alligator guy is prob gonna be the next and last Generations guy I get.

(And yeah, Groove was $17 when I looked at the link earlier. It said there was 20 left.)

Dude the tank one looks sweet too and they're both wave 1

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
And wave two has a wolf and some weird helicopter thing hell yes I love headmasters

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Just buy them all and we will trade or settle up at gooncon

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I don't want them all

Like gently caress Chromedome

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Literally The Worst posted:

I don't want them all

Like gently caress Chromedome

You are buying them all, you don't know it yet

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah....

But seriously the tank dude in wave one looks sweet as gently caress why isn't that out yet instead of stupid Groove

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Even if the third party seller price were reasonable, I don't think I want to support a company called FunBox USA.