Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Yeah, it sort of felt like a hand-washing. I'm going to remain hopeful for the next season. Also hoping next season is the last one, because this show is already getting stale and messy only four seasons in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I liked that finale quite a bit and am looking forward to seeing where they go with the next season :colbert:

This show is much better than Flash.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well, that was better than the Flash finale at least.

Dig crying about killing his brother is some stupid poo poo. "My wife understands because she's a soldier" :psyduck: Dig you were a soldier too. Man up you pussy.

The whole island plot was still completely pointless. At least it was slightly better than the s3 flashbacks, but that is a tremendously low bar.

Remember in s2 when one side armed with guns had a melee with another unarmed side? Yea. It was retarded then and it was retarded now. Those soldiers should have gunned everyone down.

I like that everyone hosed off EXCEPT Felicity. :argh:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Well, that was better than the Flash finale at least.

Dig crying about killing his brother is some stupid poo poo. "My wife understands because she's a soldier" :psyduck: Dig you were a soldier too. Man up you pussy.

The whole island plot was still completely pointless. At least it was slightly better than the s3 flashbacks, but that is a tremendously low bar.

Remember in s2 when one side armed with guns had a melee with another unarmed side? Yea. It was retarded then and it was retarded now. Those soldiers should have gunned everyone down.

I like that everyone hosed off EXCEPT Felicity. :argh:

This post doesn't make sense, you say it was better than Flash then you rattle off the main points that actually make it worse than the Flash.

At least Flash gave us Flashpoint (granted, as a stupid cop-out), Black Flash, AND literal FlashDad. Arrow just gave us... Mayor Queen?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
That was the single worst hour of television I've ever seen, and I made it through 2 season of Under the Dome. Season 3 is an absolute masterpiece in comparison to Season 4.

I watched CW shows before Arrow, so it's not as if I'm expecting Daredevil fight choreography combined with Game of Thrones production quality and emotional depth on par with In Treatment. I'm fully prepared to take the bad with the good, but with Arrow there is no good. Season 3, for all its poo poo, was at least coherent.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Let's not go crazy, season 4 was lovely but it wasn't season 3 lovely.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Scyantific posted:

This post doesn't make sense, you say it was better than Flash then you rattle off the main points that actually make it worse than the Flash.

At least Flash gave us Flashpoint (granted, as a stupid cop-out), Black Flash, AND literal FlashDad. Arrow just gave us... Mayor Queen?

Yes even with all the faults in the Arrow finale, the Flash finale was worse. Maybe if the Arrow finale had a ton of fan service characters tossed in you would have liked it better?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Well, at least this season can't get any worse.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yes even with all the faults in the Arrow finale, the Flash finale was worse. Maybe if the Arrow finale had a ton of fan service characters tossed in you would have liked it better?

Yeah, but that's like saying, "well *this* poo poo sandwich doesn't have as much poo poo, so it will taste better."

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm glad Ollie shived him. Fucker had it WAY coming. Heart cracked pretty hard for Lance. He just went completely hollow inside. And now all of Arrow's friends are leaving him alone with Felicity. Truly a punishment for this poor season. I just can't tell if they're punishing him or me. Can we define cold blood? Oliver killing Darhk at the end of a brutal fist fight where he was clearly intending on killing him (and the rest of the world) is not killing in cold blood. It's like the exact opposite of killing in cold blood.

So now we get some Russia flashbacks. Neat.

I'm going with Flash for the better finale. Maybe because it crammed in more comic book references that I geek out for and I felt like it set up a better hook for the next season. This felt weirdly like the conclusion of Arrow. Like we won't be getting a new season. It also weirdly reminded me of Death of the Family which makes sense considering this show wants to be Batman pretty hard.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

raditts posted:

Let's not go crazy, season 4 was lovely but it wasn't season 3 lovely.

Season 3 was far better than this. It was stupid, but not devoid of any logic like Season 4 has been. Oliver Queen is not even the star of his own show anymore. Felicity went from tech support girl to CEO of a multi-billion dollar tech company, to almost single handedly saving the world from a nuclear apocalypse. Remember how stupid it was when Felicity used her tablet to hack into the leagues fighter jet last season? Now she hacked into a nuke that was flying right at her. Last week she redirected a nuke onto a smaller town and let tens of thousands of people die when she has Barry Allen on speed dial.

In the meantime Merlyn is still somehow getting a free pass to do whatever he wants, including helping to bring on the end of the world, all because he will protect Thea in a fight. This is all in addition to the whole killing Laurel plot (especially after killing Sara to allow her to take up the mantle in the first place).

There is no redeeming qualities to the show. Flash has its fan service, Arrow season 3 had its moments like Oliver vs. Ras part 1, but season 4 had nothing. We had one episode with above average fight scenes, but I can't even tell you what that episode was about. Season 3 headed down the wrong path, but season 4 is just a garbled and embarrassing mess.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The biggest problem with the show is that people have pretty much decided that it's a Batman-lite so nothing will change their minds. Hell even the producers and writers have pretty much settled on that.

I mean look at the fuckin street fight and tell me that's not a straight ripoff from TDKR.

There might have been more substance in the Arrow finale, but let's face it, that substance is not anything to write home about, at all.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Felicity's security and redundancy practices make Hillary's complicity in her poo poo seem like petty annoyances

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I only kept watching because Season 1 was so good, but I'm done. This is just...so bad.

Like, most of the non-DC shows on the CW are probably better than this.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I laughed when Oliver straight up murdered that woman.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope Detective Lance is a hard boiled private eye next season.

Nairb
Dec 28, 2005
Must have missed something, but how in the hell did Darhk suddenly lose his powers?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Nairb posted:

Must have missed something, but how in the hell did Darhk suddenly lose his powers?

The power of love.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

qbert posted:

I only kept watching because Season 1 was so good, but I'm done. This is just...so bad.

Yeah, Arrow hit its peak in season 2, and since then it's been circling the toilet. Season 3 was bad, but at least somewhat coherent. Season 4 was just a mess, made more frustrating by killing off Laurel.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

nooneofconsequence posted:

The power of love.

It made one man weep, made another man sing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nairb posted:

Ollie with Felicity's hope was enough to stop normal-powered Darkh. So to fight death-fueled Darkh it took the whole city (or at least that local mob, which was probably everyone still LIVING in the city after what it's been through) believing in him. Really if Darkh had just done the math and started shanking people, it would have gone downhill for everyone else very quickly.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I regret about 22 1/2 of the 23 hours I spent watching this season.

http://www.lian-yu.ga/

I lasted almost 30 seconds.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

The power of love.

Hope, not love. In that crowd's case, hoping that Oliver would kick Darhk's rear end and make him suffer, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. God this show is just bad anymore. Amell seems like a genuinely good guy and I hope his movie career takes off because I can't see a season six.
Oh and I almost forgot the uplifting season moral: sometimes a dude just needs killin! Its justice! Its right! Remember, kids: sometimes murder is the answer! GO RED ARROW.

Oracle fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 26, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I love that it's nighttime when Dahrk takes the laptop and reenables the nukes again (I think) and then it's suddenly daytime for the one launched from Colorado (and heading east?) when Ollie makes his speech and Lance and Donna are driving out of town (which looks exactly like the same area where their second leaving town shot is) and when the nuke is taken out. At that point, there's only about an hour left and come 15 minutes until all of the others impact (and not at staggered intervals like the one aimed at Star City?) it's the middle of the night.

Nice editing on that episode. :thumbsup: Also, the crowd scene had the dad that Ollie and Dig put in zipties last episode at the front of it, it looks like.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They really need to establish why Star City is worth saving. I mean, right now it seems like the only things that make it unique are the giant craters left behind from super villain plots.

Like, literally anything. One line of dialogue saying that there's a huge Lebanese immigrant population so Star City has the best kibbeh in America.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I still don't understand why Darkh's powers suddenly stopped working.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Hollismason posted:

I still don't understand why Darkh's powers suddenly stopped working.

They didn't, he was still able to effect that hacker dude. They just didn't work on Oliver, because Oliver had an equal amount of hope magic

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom posted:

They didn't, he was still able to effect that hacker dude. They just didn't work on Oliver, because Oliver had an equal amount of hope magic

Holy poo poo this show is loving stupid.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
How much Speed Weed did the writers have when they wrote the second half of this season?

Can I have some?

4:23 blaze it

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
darkness

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Not only did they turn Malcolm face again, he did it in the middle of the arrow cave (yeah, I said it) invasion I assume he was LEADING and everybody just sort of shrugged and kept going...

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I regret about 22 1/2 of the 23 hours I spent watching this season.

http://www.lian-yu.ga/

I lasted almost 30 seconds.

Wow that is painful

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

We shouldn't kid ourselves, this season was just as bad as the last one, just with more, even dumber stuff.

The thread title hasn't been correct in quite some time.

I'm giving a fifth season a pass. Maybe I'll catch up if it actually improves but at this point I'll doubt it'll happen.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Holy poo poo was that stupid. Anyone remember the time when this series was good? I want the Flash to erase the timeline at the moment season 2 ended.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
We've all earned this.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm there with you guys, that was a perfect series close, everyone bailed and ollie got a real job.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Sereri posted:

We shouldn't kid ourselves, this season was just as bad as the last one, just with more, even dumber stuff.

The thread title hasn't been correct in quite some time.

I'm giving a fifth season a pass. Maybe I'll catch up if it actually improves but at this point I'll doubt it'll happen.

Only way season 5 could be good is if they're told it's the final season and go all out crazy like the V writers did.

Woden fucked around with this message at 11:59 on May 26, 2016

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Fan-loving-tastic.

At the end there when Felicity asked him if he thought she'd be gone too I honestly expected him to say "I was kinda hoping!" and just walk away.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The bit with Dig realizing his kid is way too young to be talking is great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Eh, I thought it was more satisfying than the Flash finale. At least they're not reseting the entire show, the characters are (for better or worse) dealing with all of the insane poo poo that has happened to them. I"m shocked we didn't get a little hand hold right at the end of the shot of Ollie and Felicity being alone in the arrow cave there at the end.

I'm actually surprised we didn't really get any tease as to what is happening next season at all, I mean we've got Ollie being mayor with everyone scattered about, but there was no hint as to the big bad or anything.

• Locked thread