Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Just found it in the episode. I'm trying to binge all my tv in a three-day vacation.

This Martha arc as a three hour movie has been BRUTAL.

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

Just found it in the episode. I'm trying to binge all my tv in a three-day vacation.

This Martha arc as a three hour movie has been BRUTAL.

Everything Martha related in the show is incredibly draining and sad. There's many points in her storyline where the kinder thing may have been just killing her.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's awesome that Phillip is just Kimmie's platonic weed smoking buddy now, giving her advice about boys :3:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

precision posted:

It's awesome that Phillip is just Kimmie's platonic weed smoking buddy now, giving her advice about boys :3:

It's still creepy on many levels. All of their operations involve making and capitalizing upon connections, but the Kimmie stuff is particularly exploitative.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Nichael posted:

It's still creepy on many levels. All of their operations involve making and capitalizing upon connections, but the Kimmie stuff is particularly exploitative.

I'm just glad it's not creepy enough that I'm literally squirming whenever it's on screen.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Two more seasons and then the cold war is over.

I'm happy about this. There's no way the show could continue ratcheting up the tension without some kind of end point to shoot for.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Giving this show a 6-season run is really generous given its ratings stateside, but apparently it's a much bigger hit abroad. I'm glad we'll get a well thought-out conclusion :3:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
This is spectacular news. It's so rare and satisfying to see a network be motivated to support a show by critical acclaim over ratings, and lately FX has been doing a much better job of it than HBO.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Really, really encouraging news. Even the best of shows can run overlong and start phoning it in and now that the Americans has an allotted end date there's no need to hold anything back or hedge bets. A six season run is none too shabby and it feels right to go out at that point before the suspension of disbelief stretches too far beyond breaking point. That they've shown a willingness to do six-month time skips and the like also shows that anything up to the fall of the Berlin wall can be shown with relative ease and without too many worries about pacing.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I know everyone's anxious about how Liz will take the fall of Communism, but I'm honestly more interested in how Glasnost/Perestroika are going to gently caress with her head (and Paige's, by extension).

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Good. Six seasons is probably about the max you can reasonably run, and even then, you gotta be drat careful.

But having a definite end time, and lots of time to plan for it, should result in some awesomeness.

We happened to be hosting an Estonian exchange student, who's father was a government official, member-of-parliament-type, when the August Coup happened in 1991. It was an interesting experience.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TheCenturion posted:

We happened to be hosting an Estonian exchange student, who's father was a government official, member-of-parliament-type, when the August Coup happened in 1991. It was an interesting experience.

Tell us more! Even now, I wouldn't be ballsy enough to ask any of my Estonian friends about it. We just leave it at, don't compare them to Russians.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

smg77 posted:

Two more seasons and then the cold war is over.

I'm happy about this. There's no way the show could continue ratcheting up the tension without some kind of end point to shoot for.

:agreed:

With the writers knowing it will end in 2 seasons, I trust it will get a very well done finale.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
What the gently caress Elizabeth :catstare:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So Phillip did indirectly get Gaad killed.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
well this might get awkward

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Stan and Pastor Tim in the same room

This has the potential to go completely sideways :ohdear:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Oh man, this dinner scene is just phenomenal.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.

FELD1 posted:

Oh man, this dinner scene is just phenomenal.

It's been awhile since I've squirmed this much watching a scene. This show is so good.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
This is some Lifetime original movie poo poo :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

As despicable as this is, you really have to appreciate their heist game.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Look at them floppies!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
All of that setup just to get access to the dude's office. That is some professional poo poo right there.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aderholt is very good at his job.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
They found out about the Mail Robot bugging :stare:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

At least Don knows better than to write his passwords down.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

FELD1 posted:

All of that setup just to get access to the dude's office. That is some professional poo poo right there.

And infiltrating a new computer-savvy person into the country, who everyone probably just thought was Claudia in disguise, since he mentioned his need for that so offhandedly.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Now even Paige knows about Poor Martha

EDIT: And Liz just murdered a dude

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

One of the few justified killings in Elizabeth's career.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Everyone remembers the first time they watched their parents murder somebody

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Stay tuned for all new scenes from Ninja Mom.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

DarklyDreaming posted:

Now even Paige knows about Poor Martha

EDIT: And Liz just murdered a dude

Just when she was calming down and things were normalizing.

quote:

Here is something you can't understand
How I could just kill a man

tomapot fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 26, 2016

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Quit crying - your Dad once crammed a broken woman's body into a suitcase and I killed a Pakistani diplomat with nerve gas and a nice old woman by making her OD one pill at a time."

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Uh oh mail robot :ohdear:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DarklyDreaming posted:

Stan and Pastor Tim in the same room

This has the potential to go completely sideways :ohdear:

Ya Pastor Tim is gonna burn this motherfucker down.

I laughed when Elizabeth asked Pastor Tim for advice then goes "what if I don't believe in religion and god?" and he just walks away.

comes along bort posted:

Uh oh mail robot :ohdear:

At the start of the scene, he passed by in the background too lol

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
I don't know who has it worse right now. Don or Mail Robot. Some pretty ugly things are going to happen to Mail Robot. But Don just got ruined and it was all for nothing.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
"Your father and I will do anything to keep this family together. Including killing these two hobos."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"I thought you said you don't kill people!"

"Oh, come on...those were hardly *people*, Paige."

Also, I couldn't help but hear Keri Russell doing Bullet Tooth Tony's bar speech from "Snatch" during that scene.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Paige this area of the throat is where you stab them......Paige are you even paying attention!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I'm sure Liz can spin this into a recruitment pitch.

"Paige, if I was just Elizabeth Jennings we would both be dead. But I had Spy Training and now we're alive. Don't you want that ? In 20 years you can go out walking with your children and never have to be afraid."

Also seeing Keri Russell lie about being pregnant while in a heavy coat to hide her actual pregnancy was hilarious.

• Locked thread