Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Is there a good reason to not be chieftain if you're rf-toteming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

TheRat posted:

Is there a good reason to not be chieftain if you're rf-toteming?

Only thing that comes to mind is gem access. Or racism. 😉

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
My one and only character is RF totems with tukohama for fire immune totems and temporal chains/elemental weakness/flammability blasphemied with whispers of doom skill and doedres damning. Kills everything and enemies target the totems so you're mostly fine. Not that fast though.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

theshim posted:

I have a serious addiction to double beyond though :getin:

Same here. I've wasted so many chaos trying to get beyond and pack size on coliseum maps this league.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i did a zana daily map yesterday and it was a normal kill the rogue exiles one with no beyond mod but the one where blue packs get a bloodline (i think) mod. abaxnoth randomly spawned after i think i took down a blue pack. is it possible that the blue pack had beyond or something? was really weird that he just popped up out of nowhere.

cool boss though. killed him without too much trouble since i was on my flame totem guy so i could just run circles around him

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I keep flipping between a cold caster (inquisitor or elementalist), an EQ jugg since I didn't do EQ yet, or a crit EK assassin. New league needs to start already fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
I think I'm going to roll reave this league, never done it and it looks sweet. These are my thoughts, cya.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Awesome! posted:

i did a zana daily map yesterday and it was a normal kill the rogue exiles one with no beyond mod but the one where blue packs get a bloodline (i think) mod. abaxnoth randomly spawned after i think i took down a blue pack. is it possible that the blue pack had beyond or something? was really weird that he just popped up out of nowhere.

cool boss though. killed him without too much trouble since i was on my flame totem guy so i could just run circles around him

One of the Bloodline mods spawns that boss on mob death.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Awesome! posted:

If he spawned when the blue pack died that was one of the mods from bloodlines league.

Why has every "kill the corrupted boss" mission I get been crematorium boss? gently caress you zana.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

The March Hare posted:

I think I'm going to roll reave this league, never done it and it looks sweet. These are my thoughts, cya.
I did southpaw Reave a little while back, with Vaal Reave stacks it's fun because you can hit entire rooms with your melee attack :black101:

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I want to try out the new frost skills next league so I'll probably be playing a witch of some sort.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I'll do a AssZerker Scion using EK until I find a build defining Item and then play that.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I will be out of town after 3PM on Jun 3d so I only get two hours to start prophecy before having a week's lag. I am trying to decide between the following:
Assassin Herald Bomber (super fun but falls off hard in red maps and enfeeble/status effect immunity maps)
Guardian support (expensive and I lack friends to carry me)
Dual Obliteration wander (cheap and versatile)

i'm leaning toward Guardian on HC but the guild HC playerbase is pretty slim.

I'm hoping to push for 36 challenges this season so I may just failback to the Prophecy SC league.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
So does ice nova spawn from any frostbolt or all of them?

If it's the latter, scold's bridle and CWDT GMP Slower Proj frostbolt and high mana cost ice nova spam :getin:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whypick1 posted:

One of the Bloodline mods spawns that boss on mob death.

Bugsy posted:

If he spawned when the blue pack died that was one of the mods from bloodlines league.
ah cool that must have been it. thanks. never seen that mod before

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Grizlor posted:

If it's the latter, scold's bridle and CWDT GMP Slower Proj frostbolt and high mana cost ice nova spam :getin:

Only one I'm afraid, you can see it happening in the trailer/skill reveal. I think it's the one closest to the cursor but that remains to be seen.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

Grizlor posted:

heh good stuff, hope it does work that way

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Balance stuff coming in 2.3

Wand and Sceptre implicits got boosted the gently caress up.
Bunch of new unique monsters added
Lab traps now only count 60% of ES to effective life, 0% if you have Eldritch Battery
Cruel Izaro nerfed

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whypick1 posted:

Cruel Izaro nerfed
probably not necessary although i dont really care either way. cruel and merc izzy felt fine to me

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Balance stuff coming in 2.3
0% if you have Eldritch Battery

Thank gently caress that was so dumb.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
New tree data here

Only thing I looked at is the Scion Berserker node. Its now 1% damage leeched as life if you've killed recently.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
i didnt really feel the need for CI but i definitely noticed the trap damage as a hybrid char, so i agree good change.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Like the spell totem and proliferation changes, and wow those implicit changes.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
Nice changes all round! Good stuff to GGG.

e: wow these ascendancy tree changes are really interesting. Definitely a great deal more powerful options

Han Solomon fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 26, 2016

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Most ascendancies buffed on the weaker nodes. Some crazy poo poo like:

Juggernaut Unrelenting
6% increased Damage per Endurance Charge
8% reduced Elemental Damage taken while at Maximum Endurance Charges
If you would gain Endurance Charges, you instead gain up to your maximum number of Endurance Charges.

edit:

Deadeye Powerful Precision
Attack Projectiles Return to You after hitting targets
Projectiles have 100% additional chance to Pierce targets at the start of their movement, losing this chance as the projectile travels further
Projectile Critical Strike Chance increased by Arrow Pierce Chance

Voxx fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 26, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Returned projectiles can't hit the same target though, otherwise that would be ridiculously OP (especially on something like Tornado Shot).

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
Elementalist granting +1 to golems innately holy poo poo!

e: also the free ele prolif is buffed to 12, which is the current range of ele prolif (which is getting buffed to 16)

50% reduced ele reflect damage taken WOW

There is no end to the changes i could list they all sound really good. Elementalist sounds amazing right now especially with 8 points

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The goddamn gently caress on getting max charges.

J
Jun 10, 2001

quote:

Additionally, fourth tier "chase" unique items (like Shavronne's Wrappings) have been made rarer than they were in 2.2.0.

Welp the shav drops aren't exciting anymore crowd won. gently caress that poo poo.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

J posted:

Welp the shav drops aren't exciting anymore crowd won. gently caress that poo poo.

I really don't think its going to be that big of a deal

Chris Wilson posted:

Previously we made all tier 3 and 4 uniques four times more common. We're keeping the tier 3 ones where they are and tweaking the tier 4 ones a bit. It's not a huge change.

I think the rarest tier of items could stand to be made slightly rarer than in Perandus, but he doesn't make it seem like they're going back to 20+ ex in rarity.

Chris Wilson posted:

We only have one minor change in the main passive tree, Arcane Vision is now connected to the same attribute node as Pain Attunement. The changes to Ascendancy Trees have been much more extensive.

:vince:

panda clue fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 26, 2016

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Some cool changes with the ascendancy nodes. I was planning on getting the double chest armour node with the 2 extra points, but now I will take the Fortify node for the extra damage reduction and rework my passive tree to pick up the Fortify cluster. That comes out to an extra 8% damage reduction and about 60% increased damage, which is probably worth giving up a few life nodes.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Anyone got a link to the ascendancy tree changes? I have no idea how to use this 'tree data' they have for download.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Anyone got a link to the ascendancy tree changes? I have no idea how to use this 'tree data' they have for download.

You download the offline planner and use that:

https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.2.9

just get/install PoESkillTree-Ascendancy-2.2.9.exe. yes its safe.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Hinekora, Death's Fury
1% of Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life

also free casting for inquisitor at full ES :stonk:

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Did they not buff any of the poo poo Scion ascendancies? Yeah, Berserker needed a nerf, but I can't believe they left total garbage like Chieftain, Juggernaught, and Necromancer for Scion untouched.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Xequecal posted:

Did they not buff any of the poo poo Scion ascendancies? Yeah, Berserker needed a nerf, but I can't believe they left total garbage like Chieftain, Juggernaught, and Necromancer for Scion untouched.

I think they're waiting to see how Scion shakes out now that you can get two subs AND pick an alternate start. That's a hard thing to plan for, and they'd rather not have to nerf crazy poo poo the community ends up coming up with if they don't have to.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so are they not nerfing ice trap? think my first farming character is gonna do that next league then maybe ill try out the jebquake build

panda clue
May 23, 2014
juggernaut discharger is going to be a beautiful thing

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

panda clue posted:

I think they're waiting to see how Scion shakes out now that you can get two subs AND pick an alternate start. That's a hard thing to plan for, and they'd rather not have to nerf crazy poo poo the community ends up coming up with if they don't have to.

Scion/Deadeye nerf is the most frustrating. It leaves the overpowered builds in place while loving everyone else. Drillneck has 10% pierce, so all you need to get 100% with the gem again is to use the 10% pierce unique jewel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Looks like no changes to Occulist, buffs to Necromancer (basically free purity and minor haste with auras, slightly more effect attached to offerings).

That 20% cull on slayer is weird - "kill enemies with 20% life or lower when hit", so it seems like its a counterattack thing (that you can't like increased rarity too).

• Locked thread