Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Augus posted:

"When the West was great, our children were raised with stories and sagas, folk tales and common prayer. Today, they are raised by corporate franchises, worship skeleton superheroes, and experience reality through a screen. We must resist and turn to older, better ways. But in The Current Year, all too often the best many parents can do is find some movie that’s not completely pozzed they can take their children to.

That movie has emerged. It’s time to redpill your children. It’s time to take them to see The Angry Birds Movie."

Holy gently caress.

Poz my neg film daddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

I Before E posted:

Poz my neg film daddy

That sounds like a song from a Richard O'Brien production. And I'd watch the hell out of a Richard O'Brien movie about a camp neo-Nazi film studio.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY172rzvbWE
HBomberGuy's new video. So you're onto Davis again?
I love how you have the skull and fedora in the background of your workspace. Subtle.

I find it mindblowing that someone like that actually exists in society.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Miss Wallace posted:

Aurini is only tangentially part of society, really.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I struggle to believe that Aurini really even exists anymore.

He's just a collective figment given life by equal parts actual horrible beliefs and the ridiculous caricature of awful people with those beliefs.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Davis Aurini fun fact: the blog entry he wrote immediately prior to his Ghostbusters one is a personal essay about how he struggles with depression and how he has come close to suicide many times. Four days later he wrote that stupid thing where he diagnosed Paul Feig with made-up mental problems while explaining where true masculine power comes from.

http://www.staresattheworld.com/2016/05/on-depression/

Also he has a police record because he hit his girlfriend, and then got away with it because he told the court she had bipolar disorder. So I mean he's funny and everything but also legitimate scum beyond being dumb.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY172rzvbWE
HBomberGuy's new video. So you're onto Davis again?
I love how you have the skull and fedora in the background of your workspace. Subtle.

@HBomberGuy how is the Crystal Skull vodka? I got a teeny tiny version of it as a gift, but haven't opened it yet. Not sure if it's worth investing in a Big loving Skull version of it.

Also: Crystal Skull Vodka Joke: Patreon Money well, WELL spent!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Also appropriate for a Ghosbusters video, as it's the only good thing Dan Akroyd has made since 1990.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

lornekates posted:

@HBomberGuy how is the Crystal Skull vodka? I got a teeny tiny version of it as a gift, but haven't opened it yet. Not sure if it's worth investing in a Big loving Skull version of it.

It's pretty good vodka, plus you get a kitschy glass skull bottle.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WUdQpuVRtw

Not watched it yet but Doug made a video called "Is White Washing Really Still a Thing?"

Dis gon be gud.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Tracula posted:

Not watched it yet but Doug made a video called "Is White Washing Really Still a Thing?"

Dis gon be gud.

Doug you ignorant piece of poo poo, you loving know what type of people lap that up. Are you trying to appaeal to the internet nazis? Is my usual kneejerk reactionto every dumb thing out his mouth. Thankfully he pretty much points out that it's racist and is a systemic thing.

"these movies have adaptions with white actor and they haven't been criticized" Shows poo poo adaptions of these things that have next to no understanding of the source material. But straight up admits that whitewashing is simply unacceptable. I do take contentions with him using lazy libertarian establishment South Park as a strawman for using minorities in roles of minority characters.

Overall he seems to be all for it, so I can't call him a racist prick, or a colorblind racist, so gold star for you Doug. You managed to actually not take the South Park middle ground like lgbt people shouldn't push for rights or thag anti smokers are as bad as smokers.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 26, 2016

emeriin
Feb 1, 2015
The video at the very least is about how it's totally a thing.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
we should post that MS paint photo of doug cover photo for his editorial. this is called for.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Tracula posted:

Doug made a video called "Is White Washing Really Still a Thing?"

:yikes: I'll be back in a page or three.

Cyron posted:

we should post that MS paint photo of doug cover photo for his editorial. this is called for.
This?

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 26, 2016

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

MrSlam posted:

:yikes: I'll be back in a page or three.

Don't worry aside from not getting why Cloud Atlas yellowface is hypocritical, again Doug just needs to look at Kyle's video to show just that, he seems to tackle the issue intelligently enough. Que people much smarter than me showing why I'm giving him too much credit.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Can we just replace the entire OP with this image?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I do find the tone-deafness of Hollywood to be a source of entertainment sometimes. Executives just don't have a clue. Like the kerfuffle over Scarlet Johansson being cast in the Ghost in the Shell movie. There was an (rightly so) outcry over white washing and they responded by saying they can use digital effects to make her look more Asian. It's both really funny and incredibly sad.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tracula posted:

Dis gon be gud.

Pretty late to the party on that one

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jimbot posted:

I do find the tone-deafness of Hollywood to be a source of entertainment sometimes. Executives just don't have a clue. Like the kerfuffle over Scarlet Johansson being cast in the Ghost in the Shell movie. There was an (rightly so) outcry over white washing and they responded by saying they can use digital effects to make her look more Asian. It's both really funny and incredibly sad.

Don't forget doubling down on the entire clusterfuck by also casting several japanese actors for other roles.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
PS it's not really a review, but if anyone wants to hear me do a dramatic reading of a chick tract, well...here you go. Of course I stuffed up and managed to pick the most sane anti gay chick tract out there, but I'm intending to do the more bonkers ones later.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Executives are not actually human. We as humans know that, say, a Tetris movie is a stupid idea. Executives do not.

Prove me wrong.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Executives are not actually human. We as humans know that, say, a Tetris movie is a stupid idea. Executives do not.

Prove me wrong.

Now imagine those executives influencing legislation.

Welcome to America!

kaleidolia
Apr 25, 2012

poparena posted:

Time to kick off the Doctor Who Book Guide proper with the first book of the Virgin New Adventures, "Timewyrm: Genesys" by John Peel. It's got Gilgamesh, neanderthals, robot snake ladies and, um, the Doctor chastising Ace when she expresses her desire not to be sexually molested. Yeah, the series kind of starts off on a gross note.

I can't believe these Doctors may control the fate of the Middle East.

Seriously, though, this made what was probably a dull book seem pretty interesting, in all the wrong ways. Usually the "broaden your mind" thing is "try alien food" or "sexism is wrong", not "this gross creeper isn't so gross if you think about it". Amazing.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Miss Wallace posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=535Zy_rf4NU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Infamous Sphere posted:

PS it's not really a review, but if anyone wants to hear me do a dramatic reading of a chick tract, well...here you go. Of course I stuffed up and managed to pick the most sane anti gay chick tract out there, but I'm intending to do the more bonkers ones later.

Make sure you hit the ones set in the gay-ruled post-rapture dark future that is also ruled by the Vatican. I've been looking forward to a gay gestapo that can clean up my neighborhood all my life.

Pirate Jenny
Mar 28, 2006

Sie wissen nicht, mit wem Sie reden.

Tracula posted:

Dis gon be gud.

oh christ god why

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Miss Wallace posted:

There's one guy I keep on my Facebook timeline solely for the purpose of reminding myself of this.

And also as an occasional reminder that my life could be worse.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Oh good a shrill rear end in a top hat being "serious". I ain't watching that, especially because since watching that dumb "waa waa I'm not going to go see a movie" video by Rolfe, I'm bombarded with angry SJW/feminism/whatever bullshit in my recommendations. Again.

I need to watch these in incognito mode on my computer if I'm so damned curious. :argh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jack Gladney posted:

Make sure you hit the ones set in the gay-ruled post-rapture dark future that is also ruled by the Vatican. I've been looking forward to a gay gestapo that can clean up my neighborhood all my life.

The Geystapo are there for your protection against fashion and societal faux-pas, citizen.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ZeeBoi posted:

Oh good a shrill rear end in a top hat being "serious". I ain't watching that, especially because since watching that dumb "waa waa I'm not going to go see a movie" video by Rolfe, I'm bombarded with angry SJW/feminism/whatever bullshit in my recommendations. Again.

I need to watch these in incognito mode on my computer if I'm so damned curious. :argh:

I think you might be in the market for the Hbomb censorship add-on for Chrome

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Geystapo are there for your protection against fashion and societal faux-pas, citizen.

Municipal brunch is required on the first or third Sunday to enforce fabulosity for all breeders.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

When you're browsing on your computer, you can click the three dots below the video and tell it that you don't want to see that channel in your recommendations. It works across all the platforms youtube works on.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Jack Gladney posted:

Also he has a police record because he hit his girlfriend, and then got away with it because he told the court she had bipolar disorder. So I mean he's funny and everything but also legitimate scum beyond being dumb.

I am thankful that the internet bullshit at least distracts these morons from going on rampage.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Jimbot posted:

Here's a question I've seen no one else ask: Who's playing Batou?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

I am thankful that the internet bullshit at least distracts these morons from going on rampage.

He actually fits the profile really well. Especially now that he's an American and has easy access to guns. Some of his blog posts are genuinely disturbing ala Roger Elliot and not just hateful garbage. Out of all the reactionary MRA trash that gets mocked on SA, I would be least surprised to hear that he shot a bunch of people.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Pirate Jenny posted:

oh christ god why

because last week tonight got an easy three million views doing the exact same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebG4TO_xss

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Jack Gladney posted:

Ooh exciting, is there one like that? So far I've only found SIN CITY, which is ridiculous, and UNINVITED which is this downright offensive (yes, more than usual!) tract about some awful woman in a hospice berating people dying of AIDS. Wanna guess when that tract was made? 1986? Nope! 2011. Guess nobody told Jack about the medication that's now available.

Oh wait, SIN CITY is probably the one you're thinking of, where the poor christian gets bashed up by the evil gays and then charged with a hate crime and then there's a gay priest who looks like Recent Boy George and so on and so on.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Infamous Sphere posted:

Ooh exciting, is there one like that? So far I've only found SIN CITY, which is ridiculous, and UNINVITED which is this downright offensive (yes, more than usual!) tract about some awful woman in a hospice berating people dying of AIDS. Wanna guess when that tract was made? 1986? Nope! 2011. Guess nobody told Jack about the medication that's now available.

Oh wait, SIN CITY is probably the one you're thinking of, where the poor christian gets bashed up by the evil gays and then charged with a hate crime and then there's a gay priest who looks like Recent Boy George and so on and so on.

There's also The Last Generation, which isn't strictly gay gestapo, but the gestapo are gay and they come for you if you're straight and haven't been divorced. Also pagan and Catholic because America is ruled by a filthy Irish-descended papist who makes Christianity illegal somehow. It's like a greatest hits album for him.

There's also a series of them about this disturbed little girl named Lil' Suzy who is taken in by her weird eyepatch grandpa after her mother dies and her dad runs away, and she's really got it out for adulterers and gays, and muslims, much to the chagrin of liberated woman teacher who's always trying to explain that human rights are for everyone.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The gay dudes in one of the Lil' Suzy tract are also haunted by sassy devils like the priest in Sin City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

lornekates posted:

It's the best vodka I've ever tasted. In other words, drink it with coke or something else to drown out the terrible taste that all vodka always has because it's poison!

Fun production fact: The vodka was a gift. Neither the buyer nor myself knew the Ghostbusters connection until people had pointed it out after the video went live. It's an amazing, wonderful coincidence and I have no clue how it happened or how I didn't realise it. It's such a good reference that the fact I didn't actually think of it is going to haunt me forever!

• Locked thread