Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Hello Healthstra Support, My kidney dialysis machine has been down all weekend. What do you mean you don't know when it'll be up and running again? No, unlimited dialysis next weekend isn't compensation.

Hello Heathstra Support, My beloved grandmother's life support machine has crashed, the screen isn't updating .. Wait what the gently caress do you mean 'try turning it off and on again'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Hello and welcome to TPG Health, where your clinic's power drops out every 2 days.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I hope everyone realises that 'agile' and 'innovative' are just the new code words for trickle down. You go full neo-con because ~reasons~ and everyone wins! :10bux:

I suspect this was too subtle for Auspol.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Do you think Turnbull gets aroused by pictures of copper?

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Anidav posted:

How long until the Liberal Government literally outsources everything to Telstra and Telstra becomes our government?

loving god its unbelieveable how much poo poo telstra is involved in. i'm vomiting.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Arent they trying to give Telstra Centrelink and Australia Post call centres too?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

Arent they trying to give Telstra Centrelink and Australia Post call centres too?
Yes.

Telstra are basically trying to expand into any area or market they possibly can, because they're starting to feel huge pain from losses due to the NBN. David Thodey left at the right time, because it's not going to be a fun time for his successor.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
At least it wasn't Vodafone Health.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cartoon posted:

I suspect this was too subtle for Auspol.
I got it

Brick Dust Otis posted:

loving god its unbelieveable how much poo poo telstra is involved in. i'm vomiting.

Have you called Telstra Healthcare to find out why you are vomiting?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Vote 1, Telstra

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Telstra's MO as a government: Send all jobs overseas, sack all Australians.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Should hardly notice a difference then.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Anidav posted:

How long until the Liberal Government literally outsources everything to Telstra and Telstra becomes our government?

lol if you think this hasn't already happened, wake up sheeple

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CrazyTolradi posted:

Telstra's MO as a government: Send all jobs overseas, sack all Australians.

Workplace racism down 10000000%

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

CrazyTolradi posted:

Oh god, Telstra Health has been a legit thing since before 2011, it was mentioned very heavily as a great thing in my IPWAN/Next IP training and this shining example of what one could do over the Telstra network. The fact that it's taken them over 5 years to even get any kind of momentum going outside the company is a sign of how much faith anyone has in it.

Also consider that Telstra outsources a lot of what it actually does now days, so you're likely to end up with such a service being outsourced twice. Given also the problem that Telstra contracts out major software projects to companies like InfoSys, who deliver shoddy out of the box solutions that aren't suited to purpose without major reworking of front and back end interfaces.

Telstra Health is probably a great idea if you want your doctor to get a migraine trying to access your records, and if you want your records to be up on Google.

Reading a little deeper its not getting contracted to keep all your health records but cancer records that are currently handled by several smaller not-for-profits.
sounds a bit like MyGov, but with Telstra

Telstra Health.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Workplace racism down 10000000%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQRZXM-4xI

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

quote:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-25/richard-di-natale-indicates-support-for-milk-floor-price/7446548
Greens leader Richard Di Natale has indicated his party would support the introduction of a floor price for milk, significantly tightening regulation in the dairy industry.

Senator Di Natale made the comments at the regional leaders debate in Goulburn on a day when dairy farmers protested across the country in response to milk processors slashing prices paid to farmers.

"We need to decide whether we set a floor on it, I think that's one option that's up for debate," Senator Di Natale said.

"But the point here is we cannot continue to have a sustainable dairy industry while Coles and Woolies are ripping off dairy farmers."

Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce immediately refuted the idea and said the Government would not re-regulate the industry.

"If you put in a floor price, if that's the Greens policy, I can understand the empathy behind that, but what happens is you end up with massive stockpiles of a product that you can't move and the thing ends up collapsing and that itself creates a crisis," Mr Joyce said.

Some farm groups want processors like Murray Goulburn and Fonterra to scrap "claw back" provisions which allowed those companies to retrospectively cut milk prices recently.

The move forced farmers into hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt overnight.

Milk lakes and butter mountains to make a comeback?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Barnabys fukt

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Barnabys fukt

"Foreign Minister Julie Bishop contacts the Indonesian Government to explain Barnaby Joyce's comments" ahahaha

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Anidav posted:

Telstra, Serco or Onmi Consumer Products.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Nova Peris quits politics in tears. Meanwhile, Andrew Bolt comments that she has gone "walkabout"

gently caress you Andrew.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

It'd be good if Andrew Bolt was run over by a steamroller

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

"For her now to bail, three years later in the middle of an election campaign, sort of raising stereotypes of 'not sticking to it, going walkabout,' all that kind of thing, is a disgrace, is an absolute disgrace on her part," Mr Bolt said.

He then said Ms Peris represented "race politics" and asked if "race politics" had become "a new kind of racism".

Mr Bolt again raised the issue of Ms Peris leaving in a live interview on 'The Bolt Report' with Warren Mundine, the chairman of the Australian Government's Indigenous Advisory Council.

"Doesn't this actually feed a negative stereotype, you know that ancient one, that Aboriginals not really sticking to it? When you know that's false, and she's let the team down?" he asked.

What the gently caress am I reading

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Anidav posted:

He knows better than to say "all aboriginals *do a thing*" now, so instead he says "some people think this, which I of course am not saying is true, but she did that thing which helps prove some peoples point"

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

"For her now to bail, three years later in the middle of an election campaign, sort of raising stereotypes of 'not sticking to it, going walkabout,' all that kind of thing, is a disgrace, is an absolute disgrace on her part," Mr Bolt said.

He then said Ms Peris represented "race politics" and asked if "race politics" had become "a new kind of racism".

Mr Bolt again raised the issue of Ms Peris leaving in a live interview on 'The Bolt Report' with Warren Mundine, the chairman of the Australian Government's Indigenous Advisory Council.

"Doesn't this actually feed a negative stereotype, you know that ancient one, that Aboriginals not really sticking to it? When you know that's false, and she's let the team down?" he asked.

Lmfao

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Why didn't Warren just say: well actually Andrew that's bloody racist. Only you are suggesting this so don't try and pretend this isn't of your own creation.

How can you be a guest on his show and not want to kill him or yourself.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Because then that opens the flood gates of him being hostile to Bolt, when he was only saying something that is just a fact of life in Australia racism is real pretending it doesn't exist blahblahblahblah it's really disappointing that you got so aggressive about it because you know some people say aboriginals are aggressive wink wink nudge nudge

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Looking forward to bolts abc expose on racism

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I want a plugin that replaces the word Andrew Bolt with "A Racist Shithead"

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Anidav posted:

I want a plugin that replaces the word Andrew Bolt with "A Racist Shithead"

I prefer "convicted racist Andrew Bolt".

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kommando posted:

The only possible way MyGov coudl be worse

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Kommando posted:

Reading a little deeper its not getting contracted to keep all your health records but cancer records that are currently handled by several smaller not-for-profits.

Telstra Health.
It might be just used for cancer records at first, but it's designed to be a platform for medical practitioners to keep all their records in one database. The incompany information on it talked about how great it'd be for remote/rural doctors, and people would be able to access all this stuff next to a hospital bed at the touch of a button etc.

You know, the sort of stuff that the NBN would have enabled, only you have to pay a fuckton more to Telstra for it.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I wonder if this was part of a deal to keep the cost of buying copper cables off Telstra down?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Amber Heard and Johnny Depp have divorced, Barnaby strikes again!

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Vietnam tries four asylum seekers over voyage to Australia despite no 'retribution' promise

:allears:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

:stare:

quote:

Human Rights Watch said Nguyen Minh Quyet had had a stroke in prison and is unable to move his legs, after being held for a nine-month period.

:catstare:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

quote:

The Turnbull government is attempting to salvage Australia's $55 million agreement to send refugees to Cambodia at a time when the country's leader, Hun Sen, has launched the worst crackdown on freedoms in recent memory.

Australian officials on Nauru have convinced two Iranian refugees to take a one-way ticket to Phnom Penh by portraying the south-east Asian nation as a kind of tropical utopia with no violent crime, refugee advocates say.

But Cambodia's security forces are behind escalating political intimidation, the suppression of political expression and restrictions on freedom of assembly, according to opposition figures and human rights groups.
In a report released on Thursday, Human Rights Watch linked Mr Hun Sen's bodyguard unit to an attack outside Cambodia's parliament last October in which two opposition MPs were dragged from their cars and beaten, kicked and stomped unconscious.

The New York-based organisation detailed a cover-up to protect those who planned and organised the attack while three junior soldiers who were put on trial refused to identify them.

"From start to finish the assault had all the hallmarks of an operation carried out by Cambodian state security forces," Human Rights Watch said, adding it was brazen even in a country where for decades security forces have been responsible for harassment, threats, arbitrary arrests, prosecutions and physical attacks against political opponents, civil society activists and anyone deemed critical of the ruling party.

Mr Hun Sen's personal unit has long been notorious for serious human rights violations, including a 1997 grenade attack on an opposition rally that killed at least 16 and injured more than 150.

Cambodia's human rights organisation LICADHO said the government's assault on its critics has intensified since last year, and the number of political prisoners has risen to 29 as the authorities have made increasing use of the criminal justice system to persecute dissenters.

Those detained include human rights investigators, opposition MPs, student representatives and environmental activists.

Youth activists aligned with Mr Hun Sen's ruling Cambodian People's Party have whipped up an alleged sex scandal involving Kem Sokha, deputy president of the opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party, and a young hairdresser.

The youths demanded that Mr Kem Sokha face legal consequences for the affair that was purportedly exposed in recordings published on-line, while police arrested four members of the local human rights group Adhoc and a member of the National Election Committee, all of whom were accused of bribing the hairdresser to deny the affair.

When Ou Virak, head of the Future Forum policy institute and a respected political commentator, described the scandal as a political confection he was sued for defamation.

The United Nations human rights agency described the arrests as "politically motivated persecutions" and pointed to "woefully flawed due process".

Five officials of Mr Kem Sokha's party, including two MPs, are also in jail on various charges while the party's president Sam Rainsy remains in Paris, fearful of returning to Phnom Penh to face defamation and other charges.

Sebastian Strangio, an Australian analyst and author of Hun Sen's Cambodia, said the crackdown reached a new low on May 9 when eight human rights defenders were arrested merely for the unauthorised wearing of black T-shirts.

Though the group were later released, Strangio wrote in the Phnom Penh Post that the arrests were a typical example of Cambodia's paranoid politics where there is a tendency to see any stirring of opposition, however small, as a threat to social cohesion and national survival.

"For more than two decades Hun Sen has deftly alternated periods of pressure with periods of calm in just the right balance to cripple his opponents and maintain the grudging support of foreign donor governments," he wrote. "But while the frequency remains the same, the amplitude is rising."

Mr Hun Sen, a former commander of the murderous Khmer Rouge who defected to Vietnam in the late 1970s, has remained in power for more than three decades.

In long rambling speeches on national television he has compared himself to great Cambodian historical figures.

Early in May, state officials ordered Cambodia's media to use Mr Hun Sen's official titles in the opening line of any print, radio or television articles about him.

Mr Hun Sen's title is Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techno Hun Sen, which according to Associated Press translates into "princely exalted supreme great commander of gloriously victorious troops".

Only five refugees on Nauru have agreed to resettle in Cambodia since then immigration minister Scott Morrison signed the controversial agreement with Cambodia at a ceremony toasted with champagne in late 2014.

Three of them have returned to their countries of origin despite having well founded fears of persecution there and Fairfax Media has revealed that the two remaining in Phnom Penh are deeply unhappy and want to quit the country.
Bold the whole thing.

I wonder if Negligent will pop in to defend his shithole of a country.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

gay picnic defence posted:

I wonder if Negligent will pop in to defend his shithole of a country.

Oh. For some reason, I thought Negligent wasn't born in Australia.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Tommofork posted:

Oh. For some reason, I thought Negligent wasn't born in Australia.
Apparently he doesn't even live here, either way I'm sure Cambodia will be a warm and welcoming place for the likes of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Neggy is banned and will hopefully never return

• Locked thread