Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Four Score posted:

As a slave to his daughter used to destroy the Justice League, no less. It's okay though, her Amazon mom turns her away at the last moment (a lot of women die/almost die in Rebirth guys) and, after the Black Racer is released slaying Volthoom and freeing Jessica Cruz/Cyborg's mind as well as Hal giving his Power Ring to Batman so Batman can free himself from the Mobius Chair before it makes him, I assume, a drooling vegetable, she reverts Darkseid to a creepy-looking baby and vanishes for parts unknown to raise him with TLC, while Owlman and Grid make off for the Moon of their Earth with the Mobius Chair. Of course, just as Owlman begins to attain omniscience, he becomes aware of a presence and he and Grid are subsequently atomized by Sir Not Appearing in This Film (Dr. Manhattan).

Geoff Johns delenda est.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zore posted:

apparently Steve Rogers has always been an undercover Hydra Agent.

Yeah. That's a real thing Marvel's going with now.

Then he's been doing a really bad job of it.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Zore posted:

is vince russo in charge of marvel's character arcs now or something

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Four Score posted:

subsequently atomized by Sir Not Appearing in This Film (Dr. Manhattan).

:stare: I'm sorry, what?

*5 minutes of googling ensues*

:stonk:WHAT.:stonk:

If Alan Moore were to be found tomorrow surrounded by corpses in the DC bullpen, clutching an axe and grinning maniacally, I would not be surprised. And no jury in the world would convict him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
DC just published a comic were they blame a guy who hasn't worked for them in a long time for all their problems.

This is a thing that happened.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Ensign_Ricky posted:

:stonk:WHAT.:stonk:

If Alan Moore were to be found tomorrow surrounded by corpses in the DC bullpen, clutching an axe and grinning maniacally, I would not be surprised. And no jury in the world would convict him.

You think Moore would stoop to such pedestrian means?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Keeshhound posted:

You think Moore would stoop to such pedestrian means?

You're right. He'll try to cast a spell first. And when that doesn't work, then the axe.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
If the DC offices are suddenly filled with snakes and nobody can find anyone that worked there, then it was Alan Moore

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Man, when is the last time people were like "Marvel, what the gently caress? Well, let me just read this DC comi--wait, what the gently caress?"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Comics are kind of stupid sometimes huh?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What if he cursed DC to write lovely comics? Would we be able to tell?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

[What If? Vol 2. #28]

Sneak preview of the Trump administration cabinet meeting

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
sky shark
sky shark
SKY SHARK
SKY SHARK!!!

Ms Marvel has the character find of 2016

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 26, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Every Major Revelation in DC Comics' Rebirth Special

You know, it kinda makes me want to read the comic book.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

He already did it ...15 years ago!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

prefect posted:

Every Major Revelation in DC Comics' Rebirth Special

You know, it kinda makes me want to read the comic book.

It's a very attractive morbid curiosity, really. There's basically no way this can turn out well, but I really want to see how they try.

I want to know how they came to that last big idea. Did they start with it, or were they really stuck on how to resolve a particular point before someone burst in, possibly on multiple drugs, and just shouted DR. MANHATTAN DID IT!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Seriously basing your entire reboot off a comic miniseries that ended 30 years ago seems a little desperate.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Yup this all pretty much WCW levels of writing.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Yup this all pretty much WCW levels of writing.

Batman having creative control would explain pretty much everything that's happened since 1993.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Soonmot posted:

sky shark
sky shark
SKY SHARK
SKY SHARK!!!

Skyshark, the happiest shark there is, will save us all.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Seriously basing your entire reboot off a comic miniseries that ended 30 years ago seems a little desperate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Wars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Wars_%282015_comic_book%29

;)

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

You're right. He'll try to cast a spell first. And when that doesn't work, then the axe.

His spell will be to enchant the axe.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Ted Kord is back and I don't give a flying gently caress about anything else. I will read the poo poo out of a Blue Beetles comic.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

On one hand, shame on the creators for being all nostalgic for what they read when they were young. On the other hand, I also read that stuff when I was young, so bring it on :toot:

(I can't find the Doom toot emote. :()

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

SirDan3k posted:

If the DC offices are suddenly filled with snakes and nobody can find anyone that worked there, then it was Alan Moore

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhonne posted:

Wait what? What the gently caress?
As said, Cap was revealed to be in Hydra the whole time!!! (It's a story and will be undone. Come on now.)

As for those panels, they're from an issue of What If? where Cap saves Erskine and leads a troop of super soldiers in WW2 (basically the Howling Commandos but with super soldier abilities). Needless to say this works out pretty well, but on the ship back to the US, their ship gets sunk by a U-boat and Cap is the only survivor. Note this is all told in flashback by President Cap to Ted Koppel. So, Cap makes it back, becomes head of SHIELD, reveals his identity, and eventually becomes president. He starts distributing the super soldier serum among the populace, but it doesn't work on black people for some reason! Very strange! In this world, Cap can be president-for-life, and is, and stops a bunch of things that would have led to more superheroes (no Spider-Man, no F4, etc.). Eventually in "now", amnesiac Namor gets attacked by the super soldiers and flees into the Arctic, finding Cap's frozen body.

The following issue is "What If Captain America Formed the Avengers?" which continues the story where we learn President Cap is actually Red Skull, and Frozen Cap finds the handful of heroes and creates the Avengers to avenge the mess Red Skull has made (Wolverine with Wendigo powers, Sam Wilson as Giant-Man, Punisher in Iron Man armor, and Namor).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

SynthOrange posted:

Technically, it ended only four years ago. Don't know how anyone could forget that!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Uthor posted:

Technically, it ended only four years ago. Don't know how anyone could forget that!

It's not nice to speak ill of the dead.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Soonmot posted:

sky shark
sky shark
SKY SHARK
SKY SHARK!!!

Team him up with American Kaiju because I cannot decide who the better character of the year is.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

As said, Cap was revealed to be in Hydra the whole time!!! (It's a story and will be undone. Come on now.)

As for those panels, they're from an issue of What If? where Cap saves Erskine and leads a troop of super soldiers in WW2 (basically the Howling Commandos but with super soldier abilities). Needless to say this works out pretty well, but on the ship back to the US, their ship gets sunk by a U-boat and Cap is the only survivor. Note this is all told in flashback by President Cap to Ted Koppel. So, Cap makes it back, becomes head of SHIELD, reveals his identity, and eventually becomes president. He starts distributing the super soldier serum among the populace, but it doesn't work on black people for some reason! Very strange! In this world, Cap can be president-for-life, and is, and stops a bunch of things that would have led to more superheroes (no Spider-Man, no F4, etc.). Eventually in "now", amnesiac Namor gets attacked by the super soldiers and flees into the Arctic, finding Cap's frozen body.

The following issue is "What If Captain America Formed the Avengers?" which continues the story where we learn President Cap is actually Red Skull, and Frozen Cap finds the handful of heroes and creates the Avengers to avenge the mess Red Skull has made (Wolverine with Wendigo powers, Sam Wilson as Giant-Man, Punisher in Iron Man armor, and Namor).

I read this issue a few weeks ago as my shop was selling some back issues for a dollar. The second part was one of the weirdest (in a good way) issues I've read in a while. The mix-matching of the powers to different characters was awesome, and since it was an issue from the 80s, I didn't know about that twist ending. I went back to my shop to buy the second issue with little delay.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Uthor posted:

As horrible an idea as "Before Watchmen" was, it did have a few good stories in it. The Minutemen one I recall being particularly good...but that one was Cooke's, so no great surprise there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ensign_Ricky posted:

As horrible an idea as "Before Watchmen" was, it did have a few good stories in it. The Minutemen one I recall being particularly good...but that one was Cooke's, so no great surprise there.

The Minutemen one was awful. It had good artwork but the actual themes and context of the story were terrible. The Hooded Justice plot in particular is just foul and disgusting and misses everything meaningful about the plotline in favor of child rape and evil homosexuals.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 26, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

SynthOrange posted:

Wait a second...there was a lot of half jokey talk about Moore laying curses when the Watchmen movie was coming out. (I remember a clever 2 page comic homage to Ozy's success with a wall of tvs depicting such). What if...what if Alan Moore IS responsible for the Nu52?!

Oh...oh God...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
This popped into my head just now. Figure it's worth reposting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS0r3VNdV_k

EDIT: And the Neil Gaiman story.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 26, 2016

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I live in CT.

Uncanny Avengers #7:

...a few pages later...

And in issue 8, when he gets mind controlled:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Soonmot posted:

sky shark
sky shark
SKY SHARK
SKY SHARK!!!

Also, the bucket of fish heads has 'roly poly' written on the side. :3:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Uthor posted:

EDIT: And the Neil Gaiman story.

I'm so glad he didn't destroy the milkman. :whew:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Four Score posted:

As a slave to his daughter used to destroy the Justice League, no less. It's okay though, her Amazon mom turns her away at the last moment (a lot of women die/almost die in Rebirth guys) and, after the Black Racer is released slaying Volthoom and freeing Jessica Cruz/Cyborg's mind as well as Hal giving his Power Ring to Batman so Batman can free himself from the Mobius Chair before it makes him, I assume, a drooling vegetable, she reverts Darkseid to a creepy-looking baby and vanishes for parts unknown to raise him with TLC, while Owlman and Grid make off for the Moon of their Earth with the Mobius Chair. Of course, just as Owlman begins to attain omniscience, he becomes aware of a presence and he and Grid are subsequently atomized by Sir Not Appearing in This Film (Dr. Manhattan).

What do you mean Dr Manhattan, as in the Dr Manhattan from Watchmen

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zore posted:

So this is gonna be like the time Magneto got de-aged 40 years and started going by Joseph, with Marvel proclaiming loudly,"This IS Magneto. It is NOT a clone, not a robot, not a Skrull, it IS Magneto!" and then a few issues later they revealed,"Oh hey he's actually a clone."?