Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

Just wanted to let everyone here know that even though he isn't a clone, doppelganger, long lost twin, possessed, or mind controlled, Rhyno has secretly been working for DT this whole time.

Mind blown.

I'm actually a time remnant. The real Rhyno has been secretly poo poo posting under various parachute accounts this whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I'm actually a time remnant. The real Rhyno has been secretly poo poo posting under various parachute accounts this whole time.

Explains all the avatars.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

ImpAtom posted:

This is not a clone, not an imposter, not mind control, not someone else acting through Steve. This really is Steve Rogers, Captain America himself.

So I guess either they're lying/twisting words or it isn't really the Red Skull's fault after all.

They also said Peter Parker was never going to be Spider-Man again and there was totally not a planned ending where he came back.

They were lying then, too.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
So since Bru left the book it's been Dad Cap, Old Cap, Black Cap and now Hydra Cap?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dad Cap was the best.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

:ninja:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Carnage is the best symbiote character.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Actually it's War Dog.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ImpAtom posted:

Supposedly the idea is that he's from a different cell of Hydra who disagrees with the Red Skull segment and that is why he constantly beats the poo poo out of Hydra, it's Nazi infighting they say is inspired by Man In The High Castle.

Okay...how the gently caress does that work? I mean, either you are a Nazi, or you're not. There are no part-time skinheads. You don't kind-sorta want to genocide a race of people. It's kind of a binary option.

I do think it's kind of interesting from a marketing perspective in two ways. First, DC had their big "not a reboot" go public recently, but look over at Marvel. Steve's always been Hydra? WFT?

And second, I really almost feel like Marvel can now say "Oh, you don't like Falcon Cap? You always liked Steve Rodgers better? Well, he's always been a Nazi. Yeah, since day one. Sam's not lookin' too bad now, is he?"

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

Okay...how the gently caress does that work? I mean, either you are a Nazi, or you're not. There are no part-time skinheads. You don't kind-sorta want to genocide a race of people. It's kind of a binary option.

Are you talking about in this story, or in real life? Because if you mean the latter, that's a huge part of why the Nazis were so ineffective, the constant politicking within the party and different figures struggling for power and influence. There was a ton of infighting within the Nazi party back in the 30s and 40s; even if they hadn't lost WW2 they probably would've factionalized the instant Hitler died, if not even before that. Pretty much everyone just below Hitler hated each other and would constantly undermine one another's efforts at their jobs because of a combination of philosophical disagreements and general personality clashes. Himmler, Goebbels, Goering, Speer, they all loathed one another.

And part of it actually did come from schisms about if the Final Solution should be the primary or secondary goal back then as well, so in a sense yeah, some actually did "kinda-sorta" want to genocide a race of people. Yes, they all wanted to wipe out the Jews, Communists, homosexuals, gypsies, and so on, but some thought that was a means to an end and others thought it was the end itself.

It does still mean Cap's a huge genocidal racist though yeah. He'd just disagree with Red Skull about everything else if that's the way they're going.

Idran fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 26, 2016

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

A more liberal Nazi. How long until someone draws a cover of Cap punching himself?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This A stands for Adolf!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Now we know why Cap didn't want to be associated with France.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Canemacar posted:

Turns out Spider-man was the mugger that killed Uncle Ben the whole time!

I hope everyone fucks up and does this to their characters. Remember the man who killed your parents, Bruce? It was you all along!

Superman destroyed his own planet!

Darkseid was the hero all along!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Did someone seriously just put spoiler tags on loving World War II?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Endless Mike posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Some of us haven't finished reading The Great War, yet!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Brevoort said it was the war to end all wars, how can there be a sequel? :(

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

It felt silly, but I thought we weren't spoiling the Nazi Cap thing, and going into detail on the internal workings of the Nazi party in WW2 in response to that post after the unspoiled parts of recent posts would make it pretty obvious what the thing with Cap was.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Everyone who has twitter has been spoiled already.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Look it's not my fault Gillen is taking his sweet time writing Uber.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uthor posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Some of us haven't finished reading The Great War, yet!

It really drags on and on.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

zoux posted:

It really drags on and on.

Pretty weak ending, too.

A character who hasn't even been in the story up to now comes in out of nowhere, and then the war is just over.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
As far as WW I goes, it's pretty weak how they laid the seeds for the sequel in the after-credits scenes.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Plus they took their time to set up the military-industrialist-congressional complex and then never defeated it! How many sequels is this gonna take?!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Let's just get all the variants out of the way.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No, please don't.

Also for the last one Deadpool doesn't even really care for chimichangas. He just likes the word.

X-O fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 27, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

X-O posted:

No, please don't.

Okay, sorry. I didn't know better.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Space Fish posted:

Plus they took their time to set up the military-industrialist-congressional complex and then never defeated it! How many sequels is this gonna take?!

I dunno. They got really grimdark with the sequel. It bombed pretty bad. Hopefully there won't be a sequel since the whole series is pretty radioactive these days.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This one is true.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

What an awful typeface choice.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Squizzle posted:

What an awful typeface choice.

Hobo Regular's the new Comic Sans, dude. It's everywhere.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Cap's costume looks kind of dumb in that image. I'm not sure if it's the art but the mask just looks wrong.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

irlZaphod posted:

Cap's costume looks kind of dumb in that image. I'm not sure if it's the art but the mask just looks wrong.

It's weird, because Nazis are famous for having stylishly-designed uniforms.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

prefect posted:

It's weird, because Nazis are famous for having stylishly-designed uniforms.
It's not like Hydra are dressing him!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Inkspot posted:

Hobo Regular's the new Comic Sans, dude. It's everywhere.
You're just confirming what he said.

irlZaphod posted:

It's the lack of wings.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Speaking of Cap, what is it like when Magneto and Captain America interact? Surely Magneto is respectful to the man that punched Hitler in the teeth, but I've never seen it.

Blenheim
Sep 22, 2010
Was there a recent personnel shake-up at Comics Alliance? Elle Collins started getting a big push a few weeks ago, and they seem to have a largely different. "set" group of writers doing group articles & discussions. Their staff page has most of the entries taken down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blenheim posted:

Was there a recent personnel shake-up at Comics Alliance? Elle Collins started getting a big push a few weeks ago, and they seem to have a largely different. "set" group of writers doing group articles & discussions. Their staff page has most of the entries taken down.

They need to do something. CA has been a mess since Andy Khouri left for DC.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Not gonna lie, when I first noticed Elle's articles (a couple months ago?) I wondered if she was a Chris Sims pseudonym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

This one is true.

And in the last series of Batman Eternal they did a fake-out cliffhanger of Batman blowing away some other orphan's parents.