Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

How's your game go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Brunas posted:

Honestly? I wouldn't, epic takes... a very long time. The epic ships are pretty much just bad, outside of like 250 rebel corvette builds that are janky. If you want to win as imperials, I'd just take as many tie fighters as you can fit into a list (12x12 for 144, 10 fos for 150?). Just for fun, take whatever! I played 7 advanced and a raider, it was pretty fun, but mostly bad.

For the raider, the only secondary weapon worth having is single turbolasers. Just max out on those and bring jonus and the mod that gives extra energy or a reinforce token. Then bring ships that can do damage to higher agility ships.

For the corvette, you still only want single turbolasers, but you want to bring esege next to with a recon spec to use the focus tokens, as well as roark to shoot your bullshit at ps12. You want weapons engineer and sensor teams, as well as either gunner or luke skywalker. Basically just blow your load, miss the last single turbolaser shot on purpose to get another 5 dice primary with mini focus from luke. It's devastating, and also like 200 points. You will legitimately PS kill almost half of an epic list in two rounds of shooting with this.

Lastly, 12 tlts or 6 uboats + 4 tlts.

Epic pretty much always devolves into stupid jank, so I wouldn't bother trying to play "competitively".

The question wasn't if I should play it competitively. I just want to give it a shot and I have a willing partner.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Chemmy posted:

How's your game go?

Mine? Talas finally put an end to the reign of terror of AAAY, with some pretty comically unlikely things happening all game.

Stresshog shoots primary range 3 on omega leader and gets one damage through (one stopped by palps), then lands two more damage through with the tlt
Jake shoots focus/TL prockets at a bumped inquisitor and does 0 damage.

Pretty fun/ny game, I forgot to take screenshots because I'm a bad person™

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

The question wasn't if I should play it competitively. I just want to give it a shot and I have a willing partner.

Oh cool, then I'd say bring a raider with a bunch of cool stuff, but don't get carried away with too many tie fighters or the game will take hours. Around 7-8 ships per person seems like the sweet spot to have things not be tedious?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Yeah epic works best with a gentleman's agreement to ~forge the narrative~ and bring at least one epic ship and no super jank.

Try playing the campaigns included with them.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Otisburg posted:

Yeah epic works best with a gentleman's agreement to ~forge the narrative~ and bring at least one epic ship and no super jank.

Try playing the campaigns included with them.

Yeah I'm pretty sure my buddy is gonna run all 4 IG88s (because why the gently caress wouldn't you?) and an assortment of other things.

I want to run my Raider and...stuff.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure my buddy is gonna run all 4 IG88s (because why the gently caress wouldn't you?) and an assortment of other things.

One suggestion I've heard for doing Scum epic is to let them treat the transport as faction, because why not?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ConfusedUs posted:

Part of me wants to run all four IG-88s, but the rest of me doesn't want to buy two more Aggressors.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I own 4 Aggressors, and have only played with all of them once. Totally worth it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Corbeau posted:

Nearly done with this FO Interceptor and pleased with how it compares to the TIE FO. Just gotta get the red tinted canopy, I think...

Hell yeah lookin good F/O Int buddy. :hf:

my WIP

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That Bomber looks really nice...

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

You know, I have 4 basic squints that will almost certainly never see the table anyway since I generally run Bloodstripe Soontir or Royal Guard Carnor, or both...

The white is pretty much pure white, but what's a good match for the black?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I just bought another HWK because hell yes HWKs are the best.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Two more and I can run a list of nothing but HWKs :unsmigghh:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Brunas posted:

Mine? Talas finally put an end to the reign of terror of AAAY, with some pretty comically unlikely things happening all game.

Stresshog shoots primary range 3 on omega leader and gets one damage through (one stopped by palps), then lands two more damage through with the tlt
Jake shoots focus/TL prockets at a bumped inquisitor and does 0 damage.

Pretty fun/ny game, I forgot to take screenshots because I'm a bad person™
Not to mention that moment were seven ships were stressed or those full blanks with four green dice...

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Talas posted:

Not to mention that moment were seven ships were stressed or those full blanks with four green dice...

It's like my game against Chemmy this week. Rolled 4 evades with Soontir against a 1 hit shot from OL or somesuch. Procket shot? Rolled nothing on 4 dice. Okay whatever dice.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Strobe, just wanted to let you know that ZenMastaT and I might not get our game in this week until Sunday. He works nights, I work days, and there's a timezone difference. We might be able to squeeze it in Saturday, but I have a previous commitment that may run long.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Has anyone been to Empire Comics and Games in New Albany, IN? I'm in the area and they are the brick and mortar store for cardhaus.com; you can order for in store pickup but it wouldn't be available until tomorrow when I'm gone. I'm wondering how much, if any, X-wing stock they have in store.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
CoolStuffInc is having an X-Wangz Sale and the prices are Pretty Good. Finally picked up a Gozanti (not Raider :( ) (for $35).

overdesigned fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 26, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Tekopo posted:

I really like the look of this list:

TAP/VESSERY

99 points

PILOTS

Baron of the Empire (21) x 3
TIE Advanced Prototype (19), Crack Shot (1), TIE/v1 (1)

Colonel Vessery (36)
TIE Defender (35), Tractor beam (1), TIE/D (0)

The extra point can be used either on VI or TIE Mk II for Vessery. Synergies well: the Barons with crackshot are an actual threat beyond just using the tractor beam on them, TIE/v1 works nicely because you want those TLs for Vessery anyway, and you get the boost of the Barons being a bit more survivable. I think this will probably work better than 3 or 4 FOs when Imp Vets comes out. Also Tractor + Crack Shot is just nasty as hell.

Use the extra point to give Vess Crack Shot, not VI or Mk2. There's not much stress around right now, you haven't got any massive need to get him up to PS 8 to shoot before the rest of the list.

Crack that Tractor Beam through.

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax
With the sale, I'm going to be a huge piece of poo poo and buy the last few ships I need to have one of everything. I now have all the epic ships.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Yeah, I thought about that as well. I wish I could have enough points of ordnance as well, alas that is too many points. I just love the synergy in that list and the fact that you can both have offensive strength while still making the barons pretty durable, unfortunately it does paint a big fat target on Vessery, although I guess you can just take a focus token on him and use it defensively.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I got all excited when people said the raider was $35. It's $75 on CSI :negative:

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
Did they make a mistake on pricing for a little while or something?

edit: speaking of the CSI sale, are there any essential upgrade cards worth buying the Imperial Assault Carrier or the Rebel Transport for?

dropkickpikachu fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 26, 2016

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Gozanti has Wampa, Agent Kallus.
Rebel Transport has Wes Janson, R3-A2 (needed for stresshog), R5-P9.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

ranbo das posted:

I got all excited when people said the raider was $35. It's $75 on CSI :negative:

I hosed up, I meant gozanti, my bad :( :sad:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Chemmy posted:

Gozanti has Wampa, Agent Kallus.
Rebel Transport has Wes Janson, R3-A2 (needed for stresshog), R5-P9.

Rebel Transport also has Tarn Mison, Hobbie, and Porkins, plus R2-D6 and R4-D6. Lots of good stuff for X-wings in there.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yeah the Transport is the Epic ship to get for the Rebels if you're interested in upgrade cards.

The Tantive IV has C3PO and R2D2's crew version, which are pretty key to "Fat Han" builds. Not much else, really. I guess it has Han (crew). I hear he's not terrible on a Ghost. (He's terrible on anything else.)

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
Thanks guys. I think I'll grab the Transport as my first Epic ship with this CSI sale!

A buddy of mine likes to play scenarios too, so I'm sure I'll get plenty of bang for my buck.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The rebel transport is a good ship to practice airbrushing on. Tantive 4 would look nice with a Sabine pattern.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I got the Tantive 4 (for Christmas from my son) for the model mostly. In hindsight I REALLY wish I'd asked for the Rebel Transport instead.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Last week I had to work, so I missed the game but apparently my friends played a 400pt game, where each side fielded an epic ship (Raider and Corvette IIRC), they said it took all night but they had a blast.

I'm so angry at my co-worker for calling out while I was the one On Call. I was all packed up and ready for x wangs.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I've played epic with the Raider and Corvette. It's fun.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Chemmy posted:

I've played epic with the Raider and Corvette. It's fun.

RIP Ello Asty

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Nah bro, either a hard 2 or a 3 bank could clear the Raider's footprint next turn, and a boost would make it certain.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has anyone been to Empire Comics and Games in New Albany, IN? I'm in the area and they are the brick and mortar store for cardhaus.com; you can order for in store pickup but it wouldn't be available until tomorrow when I'm gone. I'm wondering how much, if any, X-wing stock they have in store.

Turns out all their in store prices are the usual MSRP :argh:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Really tempted to get Most Wanted and a Firespray from the sale. (Largely to try and run dumb builds with Kath.) Although the Gozanti on sale is tempting...this where Xwing gets you, I'm not super into Imperials but the price and what it gives you... :ohdear:

Of course if I buy anything I'd want to pick up another Ywing and a TIE advanced to have some extra minis for painting. :v:

It's weird how certain stuff just isn't on sale, like the K Wing or Kihrax. Is that because they are out of stock?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

overdesigned posted:

I hosed up, I meant gozanti, my bad :( :sad:

It's ok I still need a gozanti so I went ahead and got one :unsmith:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

drat the K-wing was what I was gonna snag when i got home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
On Monday I tried out of the list I was thinking of running for reigonals, Whisper, OL and Inky. Whisper got destroyed in a single hit. :( It was a combination of really bad luck and very poor piloting. I 'm going to try to get at least one practice game with this list, but I'm not expecting to do very good this weekend, but might as well play, the entry's free with the ticket.

I also picked up the interceptor pack, so now I have 3 intreceptors. And I finally got my SD I got from Ebay. :)

Any goons going to Tacoma Reigonals (at ETX) this weekend? I might seen you there. Do the secret goon sign.

There isn't a secret Goon sign

• Locked thread