Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

jm20 posted:

bahaha Manny ended up in NESW, figures

You're not a real PL corp until Manny has held tenure.

Habit, SNIGG now NESW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Daco Vato posted:

But I was just about to instruct everyone to train fighter hangar management to 5! :colbert:

that requires login. retroactively fired since six months ago, you were now never capital commando.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
get retconned

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
PS use Panthers over Sins

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Supercapital FC Syndic Thrass makes his rise to power

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
otoh if i did a ton of work for a group of guys and they said "hey, you've been inactive for a couple of weeks so we don't want you here" i'd be kinda upset

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

otoh if i did a ton of work for a group of guys and they said "hey, you've been inactive for a couple of weeks so we don't want you here" i'd be kinda upset

As far as I know the policy was "When you are coming back and putting in work again we will promote you". Doing nothing for weeks gets you demoted, putting in :effort: gets you promoted.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

you have that right, to be upset. Normally the recourse for someone who does work is to withdraw their contributions.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
however if your authority to perform work is removed it's a slightly different message isn't it.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Siets posted:

This article needs more love and attention:

https://www.themittani.com/content/space-riches-space-rags

Noticing Jita was only 2 jumps away from the school system I was in, I decided "ah what the hell, I've made a bunch of money from PI and sleeper loot recently... Umma just stop by Jita and get me a quick skill injector."

I then very quickly found myself on my third injector filling out the remainder of my mining skills. Mining. Skills.

I think I have a problem. drat you CCP.

I have 3 accounts all of them are more or less done with the skills they need I play since 2008.
It is a relief having this setup I just set some skill goal to one of the characters and leave it.
Last week I got a notification about the ''bowhead'' skill went to lvl 5 didn't even notice.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Happy Dolphin posted:

B) It was handled the exact way that we had been told it would not be handled in the future after the Endie-demotion disaster.

Yes it sounds like it was handled badly but what endie-demotion disaster? I quit and was offered another role if I'd reconsider.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
maybe he means the blawrfening

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

maybe he means the blawrfening

Or Kismeteergate

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I don't know, the crucifixion of the holy martyr Kismeteer seemed relatively straightforward.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

hailthefish posted:

I don't know, the crucifixion of the holy martyr Kismeteer seemed relatively straightforward.

I was trying to think of someone else, and I don't think Lemba was akin to Blwarf or Endie.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Maybe Vily?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

hailthefish posted:

Maybe Vily?

"The Vilyfication"

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

vyst posted:

Directorship has always been an effortocracy. I became a director because I was literally the only person doing anything in recon. My predecessor was having a quarter life crisis loving chicks topping a deuce and a half in weight.

Cough - while I was doing that :sun:, it was actually more moving 3000 miles across the Atlantic and not having an Eve-capable computer for months (and general burnout - I basically stopped playing entirely when I got spacefired).

(Also 250lbs is actually relatively small compared to some...)

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

250lb is relatively small for a motorcycle, not a person. hth.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Deuce and half refers to Tons

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
that it can carry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M35_2%C2%BD-ton_cargo_truck

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Re: MH drama of last few pages. If GSF booted capital/supercap directors based on inactivity, I'm surprised there are any left. The level of non-communication about anything to Titan pilots is amazing. Of course, not much chance to use them recently, but even patch or fittings discussion is p much dead. Reminds me of the Bring Stabity era. I kind of miss Vily, which is bizarre to say, because his posts often sucked. Only 1 director has reached out to help Titans trapped in bad places, at least from what I've seen (not naming just to avoid giving away a Titan helper to hostiles).

Happy to say that when I was de-directored for inactivity many months ago, I had already lined up a successor (who's unfortunately also doing little/nothing for GARPA these days) and gave no fucks because it was long overdue. But, similar to others it was handled rather impersonally and gracelessly. No chat before or after, just a short Sion forum message, demotion, and screwing up lots of roles on my characters that I had to follow-up and fix. I made no posts or threads at the time. No log dumps. Still chilling with the same old space folk. I like the people in my little corners of the swarm.

pmchem fucked around with this message at 12:19 on May 26, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That's a pity.

Personally I think its a shame you never got a chance to check out our golem bot. There's functions there that are under utilized.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Endie posted:

"The Vilyfication"

Vilydiction?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

pmchem posted:

Re: MH drama of last few pages. If GSF booted capital/supercap directors based on inactivity, I'm surprised there are any left. The level of non-communication about anything to Titan pilots is amazing. Of course, not much chance to use them recently, but even patch or fittings discussion is p much dead. Reminds me of the Bring Stabity era. I kind of miss Vily, which is bizarre to say, because his posts often sucked. Only 1 director has reached out to help Titans trapped in bad places, at least from what I've seen (not naming just to avoid giving away a Titan helper to hostiles).

Happy to say that when I was de-directored for inactivity many months ago, I had already lined up a successor (who's unfortunately also doing little/nothing for GARPA these days) and gave no fucks because it was long overdue. But, similar to others it was handled rather impersonally and gracelessly. No chat before or after, just a short Sion forum message, demotion, and screwing up lots of roles on my characters that I had to follow-up and fix. I made no posts or threads at the time. No log dumps. Still chilling with the same old space folk. I like the people in my little corners of the swarm.

You were never around. Why should they have to chase you down to salve your ego? The mature thing to do is for you to reach out to Sion and resign your position knowing you either didn't have the time or motivation to do your job.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
With the recent cap changes (and module changes) I wouldn't feel comfortable about using a super or especially a titan without a lot of playtesting anyway. You can do this vicariously by observing other people's losses and comparing the damage taken and their situations. For like, a year.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The book I read has inspired me to make my own little tale of mining and how I started EVE. I will put pictures in it too :)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

VideoGames posted:

The book I read has inspired me to make my own little tale of mining and how I started EVE. I will put pictures in it too :)

I would read that book :)

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

VideoGames posted:

No kidding, this would be pretty :shobon: . An in-game art book would also be pretty cool. I've got some of the art books, but just someone tooling around in space and taking pretty screenshots would be great.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

vyst posted:

You were never around. Why should they have to chase you down to salve your ego? The mature thing to do is for you to reach out to Sion and resign your position knowing you either didn't have the time or motivation to do your job.

Hmm? I know you're unfamiliar with the SIG history, but the exit was exactly what I had been working towards. It's why I got a co-director set up and told the SIG that he was taking over day-to-day and told Sion/Weas/Mittens that I didn't have time to deal with things anymore, months before I was de-director'd. Everyone knew the situation. Immediate resigning to leave a vacuum isn't always the mature option. I was just a little surprised at the way things went down at the end, and all I did was comment on the manner and then complement people in GSF. Sorry for having memories I guess.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

pmchem posted:

Hmm? I know you're unfamiliar with the SIG history, but the exit was exactly what I had been working towards. It's why I got a co-director set up and told the SIG that he was taking over day-to-day and told Sion/Weas/Mittens that I didn't have time to deal with things anymore, months before I was de-director'd. Everyone knew the situation. Immediate resigning to leave a vacuum isn't always the mature option. I was just a little surprised at the way things went down at the end, and all I did was comment on the manner and then complement people in GSF. Sorry for having memories I guess.

Ok, so it's not the same situation as MH then. You in your mind had resigned and prepared an exit and executed that strategy. You haven't had a presence in illum anyway for months so what's the difference at whether or not they fired you the day you told them or today? I think it's unfair to draw a similar parallel to it.

FWIW Sion actually reached out to me and tried to get me to stay and he thanked me for all I've done for goonfleet. Maybe your GTS goodwill didn't take you as far as you thought it would :(

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Endie posted:

"The Vilyfication"
OK, this was a pretty good post.

Hubbl3 posted:

As far as I know the policy was "When you are coming back and putting in work again we will promote you". Doing nothing for weeks gets you demoted, putting in :effort: gets you promoted.
Thing is, he HAS been active in the past few weeks. Not trying to keep the drama train rolling but this is an observable fact.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Sorry to tell you VG but you will be transformed into a evil killer it just takes some time.
It's a slow process but we will succeed.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
okay videogames i think it's time you bought a permit ok

if you don't im coming for you

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

alternatively, someone else ITT buys videogames a permit and we're cool :)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

(in game)

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
how much are permits these days

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

frozenpussy posted:

how much are permits these days

10 million ISK for an entire year of coverage!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

okay videogames i think it's time you bought a permit ok

if you don't im coming for you

for every procurer of his you kill, I'm going to buy him three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I don't mine, not sure if 10 million for a permit is a joke. Is it the cheapest scam ever, or if I send you 10 mil does Rock not get ganked for a year.

• Locked thread