Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Sicilian posted:

They are most definitely alloy, but I agree with you they skimped on some of the parts. The parts skimped on are the ones most immediately replaced by anyone who rides more than a few miles a day. Those alloy spindles won't hold up to poo poo.

Got this turntable to go with the TV as they are both high resolution audio compatible. I also liked the built in Phono EQ for line out functionality.

Wät

e: Oh you paid 600$ for a 150$ record player with a 10$ cartridge and a built-in ADC :lol:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 11:37 on May 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Wät

e: Oh you paid 600$ for a 150$ record player with a 10$ cartridge and a built-in ADC :lol:

Awww. Someone's a poor.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Jerry Cotton posted:

Wät

There've been a few mixed reviews about the analog sound, but everyone is agreeing the ADC is pretty drat great.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Scarf posted:

There've been a few mixed reviews about the analog sound, but everyone is agreeing the ADC is pretty drat great.

I have no idea why you'd accept 'mixed reviews' on the analogue sound when you could have gone for a Maratnz for equivalent or less money and had a solid table with excellent analogue output. It's a turntable, ffs. Analogue sound is the POINT.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Jeherrin posted:

I have no idea why you'd accept 'mixed reviews' on the analogue sound when you could have gone for a Maratnz for equivalent or less money and had a solid table with excellent analogue output. It's a turntable, ffs. Analogue sound is the POINT.

By "mixed" I mean the ones I've seen have been akin to "It's not as good as my $2,000 table's sound, but it's still good."

I'm not justifying the price, because I have no experience with it. But saying it's no better than a $150 table is a bit of a reach too.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Scarf posted:

By "mixed" I mean the ones I've seen have been akin to "It's not as good as my $2,000 table's sound, but it's still good."

I'm not justifying the price, because I have no experience with it. But saying it's no better than a $150 table is a bit of a reach too.

Everything I've read made it pretty clear the turntable was entry level for "audiophile" equipment. :shrug:

Jerry Cotton posted:

Wät

I don't have the time to spend researching which particular components give the highest resolution erections to audiophiles. Do you do this for a living, or simply spend hours in your mother's basement drooling over "ideal" configurations you can't afford?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

88h88 posted:

Why are you trying so hard to white knight a company selling $250 dollar bikes for a grand, man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1cGtj66lOI

Are you retarded or just play one online? We get it. You no like bike.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I haven't added to my die-cast collection lately, so I got these:

Lamborghini Reventon (the seller's pic from eBay)

1976 Gran Torino Oakland Raiders Super Bowl edition (yes, it's gaudy as hell)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Does it come with pre drilled bullet holes from driving on the west bay?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

and a 4-12 record?

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

LingcodKilla posted:

The west bay? What?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Glottis posted:

The west bay? What?

Uh.... Was this before they were in Oakland?

Oh you must not be from nor cal.

It's a gang thing.

Crab Dad has a new favorite as of 02:35 on May 26, 2016

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Wät

It's amazing how you were able to post in the forums without the ability to read.

Thread titles, specifically.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

treiz01 posted:

It's amazing how you were able to post in the forums without the ability to read.

Thread titles, specifically.

Truth hurts. Then again if you're listening to Vinyl in the first place hahahaha

^ hahaha you bought a Razer Mouse :allears:

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

LingcodKilla posted:

Uh.... Was this before they were in Oakland?

Oh you must not be from nor cal.

It's a gang thing.

I have lived in the bay area for a long time and have not heard anyone say "west bay". Oakland is "east bay". But I'm not up on what "the gangs" say, as you apparently are.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Glottis posted:

I have lived in the bay area for a long time and have not heard anyone say "west bay". Oakland is "east bay". But I'm not up on what "the gangs" say, as you apparently are.

Oh lord, really? In correlation to said east bay there is a zone across formentioned bay referred to as the west bay due to it being geographically west of the center of said bay. It is also known as the peninsula due to jutting out of the South Bay region but separated from north bay by the only straight of water from the ocean into the bay.

Glad to of helped! Now go get a real car like that and drive it through hunters point!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
I lived in the Bay Area for 12 years, as an adult, and never heard West Bay. It was always the peninsula, or a city name.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

38 years and we use the term at work, I guess things are different in different circles.

And I'm ok with that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a magnetic bowl for a fiver only to notice all the screws on my current project are non-magnetic.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
They apparently make a ginger ale and I loves me some ginger.

Hrvstmn31 has a new favorite as of 14:17 on May 26, 2016

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Hrvstmn31 posted:

They apparently make a ginger ale and I loves me some ginger.

That's the same brand as the root beer, right?

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

travisray2004 posted:

That's the same brand as the root beer, right?

Yeah it is.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Nice. Will have to try this out. I, too, am a fan of Ginger Ale.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

travisray2004 posted:

Nice. Will have to try this out. I, too, am a fan of Ginger Ale.

You should it's pretty good, though I think it could use more ginger. But then again I like a really gingery ginger ale.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hrvstmn31 posted:

You should it's pretty good, though I think it could use more ginger. But then again I like a really gingery ginger ale.

Have you had Blenheim spicy? To me it's the pinnacle of ginger ale. So good. (non alcoholic though)

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
The ginger ale booze is like ten times sweeter then it needs to be. Like, I understand it is booze for kids, but come the gently caress on.

Still cranky that I cant buy 4 Loco but this poo poo and like candy flavored vodka is still aok.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Wasn't 4 Loko banned for being too strong? Don't recall the specifics but that poo poo tasted like turpentine.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

travisray2004 posted:

Wasn't 4 Loko banned for being too strong? Don't recall the specifics but that poo poo tasted like turpentine.

'Alcopops' got banned in a lot of places for being attractive to children.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

travisray2004 posted:

They had to remove the caffeine and stop marketing it as an alcoholic energy drink. Which was the only reason anyone cared about 4Loko.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

On sale this week, figured what the hell, hadn't really looked into much about it but I heard it was good and I like DW games.

...oh my god it's like they engineered an entire game around making me grin like a complete idiot. :neckbeard:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Wacky Delly posted:

They had to remove the caffeine and stop marketing it as an alcoholic energy drink. Which was the only reason anyone cared about 4Loko.

Yeah I bought a can of 12% 4loko recently and without the caffeine it was really badly flavored malt liquor.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

How does it compare to steel reserve wild berry?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

LingcodKilla posted:

I imagine they both come out of the same sewer line

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

FishBulb posted:

I imagine they both come out of the same sewer line

Thought we had some brave hipsters around.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

This is real. I thought you made it up.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That looks really good, you should go purchase some.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Oops black berry. Yeah it's the best selling booze at the most popular wino market in Santa Cruz. Apparently bang to buck ratio is very strong. And lol drinkability.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Oops black berry. Yeah it's the best selling booze at the most popular wino market in Santa Cruz. Apparently bang to buck ratio is very strong. And lol drinkability.

"blk" berry

in case you buy it thinking real berries are used in the recipe

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They only sell 8% in New Mexico so it's not worth the effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

it looks like it's all 8% anyway