Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I haven't bet on anything in over a week now. I feel so...bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Gyges posted:

You should be. If the FBI were going to indite Hilldawg they would have done it already.

I sold all my "Hillary yes" on the news today, that I grabbed low when the feds nabbed gufficer, so I am happy

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
:lol: what is up with that word filter

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Great Old One YES is way up after chris matthews clawed his own eyes out on live television

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

way up where?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

it's paying out $6.66 per share atm, I'm gonna hold mine for now

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Gyges posted:

You should be. If the FBI were going to indite Hilldawg they would have done it already.

If I were that confident, I already would have filled up @ 75 like its been for months now. Lol at going crazy over a drop to 68.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Crazy pumping going on in the Gary Johnson fundraising market. It's a closed environment with nothing but a handful of predators and delusional libertarians.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
And C7ty1 and I.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
3rd party debate market has swung pretty far up today too. Bought a small number of NOs at 64, which felt like a steal (until romney takes on the #renegade crown) before it dropped to sub-60, but I hate how long it'll take to pay out

also - I just keep buying more Warren VP NOs in the low 80s... My strong opinion is hillary won't pick a D senator in a state with an R gov (where that gov picks the replacement)... almost certainly too much hubris here, because warren + sherrod brown + cory booker (+ sanders for how crazy it is) NOs seems too obvious

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I'm still pulling for Castro :rolldice:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

My instinct is that Warren VP No is a very safe bet, as these things go.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
It's going to be Warren or Franken.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Joe Man posted:

Please do not troll, this is a safe space.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

The Joe Man posted:

would love to see franken take it, but warren would be winning the battle to lose the war - dems don't have nearly enough of a margin of safety in the senate. If hillary is anything, it's practical. Also - if she liked franken's mid-west appeal, and wasn't worried about the senate problem, I feel like brown would be the favorite - he's got a ton of progressive cred, ohioans love him, and he doesn't have franken's colorful past

Necc0 posted:

I'm still pulling for Castro :rolldice:

I've bought up a few mark warner lottery tickets :shrug:

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Vox Nihili posted:

Please do not troll, this is a safe space.

I was the only one who was right about Indiana and the Oregon MOV market. I've turned into alternate universe Billy Kristol.

Baconomics
Feb 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/Politics1com/status/735634266898341888

the market hasn't seen this yet

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/2752/Will-the-Republican-VP-candidate-be-a-woman

Fuzzie Dunlop
Apr 14, 2013

The Joe Man posted:

I was the only one who was right about Indiana and the Oregon MOV market.

And the only one wrong about New York, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania!

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Ivanka.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Joe Man posted:

Are you kidding? There's no way Hilldawg is going to pick a woman more liberal than her.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I'm really baffled why people are betting on Franken for VP. Do any of you live in Minnesota? Or have you listened to any serious interview that he's given during the past eight years? Dude does not have Presidential ambitions that I have ever heard of.

I also don't understand how he would balance the ticket in any way. Geographically, Minnesota is wayyy down on the list of states Clinton is looking to flip or defend. Ideologically, Franken is more of an actual progressive than Clinton, and he might be a pain in the rear end to an administration that would likely be packed with "establishment" hawks and neoliberals. And the mudslinging was terrible during his first Senate race, all these obscure decades old comedy clips of his got dug out of closets and spun for all they were worth; him being on the ticket is an oppo researcher's dream.

Lutha Mahtin has issued a correction as of 05:35 on May 26, 2016

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Clinton California Yes has dropped down to 74 cents. How?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nirvikalpa posted:

Clinton California Yes has dropped down to 74 cents. How?

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/735689625407131648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

lol is this for real?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Yup!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hail satan.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I said I was out but then Cali Bern No dropped to 67. I fear emailgate might go poorly for HRC but I don't think it will go poorly enough to lose California in less than two weeks.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Holy loving poo poo.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
This is why you always bet on Bernie YES. The Bernouts will seize on something and drive the price up eventually, guaranteed. More than a week to go? Bernie YES!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I hope she live-tweets the debate.

in spanish

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Vox Nihili posted:

Crazy pumping going on in the Gary Johnson fundraising market. It's a closed environment with nothing but a handful of predators and delusional libertarians.

What's the deal with this 'victory fund' thing? I've been out of pocket for a day or so. I have trouble thinking that would even appear on the FEC report that matters to the rules, no?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So how high are Bernie YES in Cali going to spike when he wins the Trump debate?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
They're probably not going to debate but if they do I could see it getting pumped to 50/50

However just like all the other debates I doubt it will have any appreciable impact on vote results

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

debate is off. pick up the cheap CA shares while you can

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Alright Bernie that was cool for making Trump flinch but plz don't play with my heart like that

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Someone matched my order for 600 shares of CA Bern No at 66c in the middle of the night. Guess I'm in that market, then.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I think most of this motion is based of the recent PPP poll rather than the debate drama imo

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Necc0 posted:

Alright Bernie that was cool for making Trump flinch but plz don't play with my heart like that

Still up in the air: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281353-team-sanders-pressures-trump-for-debate

"Still, the Trump official indicated it's something that may be under consideration now that remarks have generated so much interest and taken on a life of their own."

Fox is gonna want that event, too.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

C7ty1 posted:

What's the deal with this 'victory fund' thing? I've been out of pocket for a day or so. I have trouble thinking that would even appear on the FEC report that matters to the rules, no?

The victory fund is here:

http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00618140/

That long string of characters "C00618140" is the FEC committee code for it. The PI market's rules say that the only thing that will be counted is the "amount in line 7, Total Receipts This Period, for GARY JOHNSON 2016, Committee ID: C00605568 [...]". Don't go and make any orders based on this post of mine, but it looks like the Victory Fund is some kind of PAC and the one they are going to count is his traditional campaign organization.

e:

welp now i'm into the johnson fundraising market for over 10% of my bankroll :shepface:

Lutha Mahtin has issued a correction as of 17:30 on May 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

The victory fund is here:

http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00618140/

That long string of characters "C00618140" is the FEC committee code for it. The PI market's rules say that the only thing that will be counted is the "amount in line 7, Total Receipts This Period, for GARY JOHNSON 2016, Committee ID: C00605568 [...]". Don't go and make any orders based on this post of mine, but it looks like the Victory Fund is some kind of PAC and the one they are going to count is his traditional campaign organization.

e:

welp now i'm into the johnson fundraising market for over 10% of my bankroll :shepface:

For which bracket, dare I ask?

• Locked thread