Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Forgot how hilarious the SU-152 is firing 250 Pen gold rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm having a hard time with my M46 Patton. Do I need to play it like a T20 instead of a Pershing?

kinda, but unlike the T20 it's great at making GBS threads out lots of damage so you can be much more aggressive than just going for the occasional potshot

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Which Russian TD line is the one to go down these days? I seem to have a bunch of credits for whatever reason suddenly :getin: and I forget what grab after the SU-100.

If these rental bux don't get rolled back I'll be able to afford the E-100 when I unlock it soonish. Thanks, WG coders!

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I love my M48 dearly. Not sure if it's because it's a fun tank or if it's because it's the only Tier X I have aside from my Maus.

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

Captain Blaargh posted:

Which Russian TD line is the one to go down these days? I seem to have a bunch of credits for whatever reason suddenly :getin: and I forget what grab after the SU-100.

If these rental bux don't get rolled back I'll be able to afford the E-100 when I unlock it soonish. Thanks, WG coders!
Absolutely the ISU line, I have recently done both and as BadLlama mentions, the SU-152 is great for blooping both HE and HEAT. The next two tanks carry the fearsome BL-10, a great and pretty soviet gun on first a bad and then a great chassis. The tier X have great pen, I guess.
The SU-100M and up are a high dpm tanks in an alpha world with the shittiest gun depression. If you've tried the 416 or other bad depression tanks, they can work but I was often frustrated with both chassis and gun on the tier 7 and 8. The tier 9 is solid, but it's hard comparing it to the 704 and choosing the 122-54. Never tried the Stalin shoe.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tier 4 Heavy 1v1 Tournament. It's finally the Durchbruchswagen 2's time to shine!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Prav posted:

kinda, but unlike the T20 it's great at making GBS threads out lots of damage so you can be much more aggressive than just going for the occasional potshot

Okay, makes sense. I tend to play mediums too much like heavies sometimes. Which will probably be more successful with the E-50, although I should still probably not do that unless I'm facing a T8.

I also know all about making GBS threads out damage, that thing is awesome for that. Right now I'm hitting 7.25 second reload with 390 per shot, basically IS-3 alpha and pen.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

McGavin posted:

Tier 4 Heavy 1v1 Tournament. It's finally the Durchbruchswagen 2's time to shine!

So that gives you the option of DW2, Type 95 and B1? Or any premium heavies at that tier I may be missing?

/edit
Ah the B2 rental would probably work. I still feel more like taking the post-buff Type 95 out for a spin.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 26, 2016

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

RanKizama posted:

I love my M48 dearly. Not sure if it's because it's a fun tank or if it's because it's the only Tier X I have aside from my Maus.

I like my M48, although it probably hasn't left the garage in 2 years. But it just isn't good enough at tier 10. Especially after the buffs to the E-50M and how good the czech T10 medium seems to be.

Also its a massive gently caress you that you have to grind its top gun at tier 10.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I should really buy back the panther 2 and just suck it up and grind that boring rear end tank.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
This loving "spot 4 enemy tanks before you get spotted" mission is doing my bloody head in.

It should be easy enough with a bit of luck, but I am having NO such luck. Every battle either is in loving Ensk or some other impossible map, or is filled with other scouts who yolo ahead, hog all the spots and then die. Or enemy scouts who yolo ahead, spot me and die. Or the enemy team all just herd into the opposite corner of the map. Or a combination of the above.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So that gives you the option of DW2, Type 95 and B1? Or any premium heavies at that tier I may be missing?

/edit
Ah the B2 rental would probably work. I still feel more like taking the post-buff Type 95 out for a spin.

Type 95 shooting HEAT from the 7.5 is probably the way to go as long as you don't miss or let them retreat.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

primelaw posted:

I probably won't be able to get on anytime during this weekend since I'll be visiting a few friends. RIP your type 59

Well look at - I serve Primelaw a Type 59 up on a silver platter, and yet suddenly he's too good to play Tanks with me on a holiday weekend? Typical yankee.

Nordick posted:

This loving "spot 4 enemy tanks before you get spotted" mission is doing my bloody head in.

It should be easy enough with a bit of luck, but I am having NO such luck. Every battle either is in loving Ensk or some other impossible map, or is filled with other scouts who yolo ahead, hog all the spots and then die. Or enemy scouts who yolo ahead, spot me and die. Or the enemy team all just herd into the opposite corner of the map. Or a combination of the above.

The 260 version needs you to spot seven enemies before being spotted. It is total horseshit - you need a map where you can spot the enemy without being lit, you need no enemy lights suicide scouting you, you need no friendly lights suicide scouting the enemy, and you need half the enemy team going the direction you pick! I ended up getting it done on loving Arctic Region, on that south bush near the water, because I spotted four tanks going southeast, one going middle, and two going onto the idiot sniper hill - including an M40/M43.

It took me a long, frustrating series of games, playing in a way that was harmful to my team, to get that stupid mission. gently caress that mission.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

It took me a long, frustrating series of games, playing in a way that was harmful to my team, to get that stupid mission. gently caress that mission.

This is true for roughly 100% of the missions.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Hellsau posted:

Yeah I have zero intention to even bother with these missions after I get the T28HTC, except maybe some of the easier ones just for the individual rewards, if I happen to get into an opportune match.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Hellsau posted:

The 260 version needs you to spot seven enemies before being spotted. It is total horseshit - you need a map where you can spot the enemy without being lit, you need no enemy lights suicide scouting you, you need no friendly lights suicide scouting the enemy, and you need half the enemy team going the direction you pick! I ended up getting it done on loving Arctic Region, on that south bush near the water, because I spotted four tanks going southeast, one going middle, and two going onto the idiot sniper hill - including an M40/M43.

gently caress.

I accomplished this yesterday, except it was for a mission that requires spotting 4 while remaining unseen.

It will never happen again :(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

McGavin posted:

Type 95 shooting HEAT from the 7.5 is probably the way to go as long as you don't miss or let them retreat.

I just bought it back and I'm trying different approaches to the countless B2s I'll probably see. I was hoping that the HE shell might still do 50+ damage to them anywhere I shoot them so I would be able to out-dpm them, but it's not really consistent. The HEAT shell is also somewhat inconsistent in my first couple of approaches that aren't close range because the weird angling and curves of the B2's front

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

CitizenKain posted:

I like my M48, although it probably hasn't left the garage in 2 years. But it just isn't good enough at tier 10. Especially after the buffs to the E-50M and how good the czech T10 medium seems to be.

Also its a massive gently caress you that you have to grind its top gun at tier 10.

So, you haven't even played it since it was buffed recently? Why even try to critique it?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

McGavin posted:

I just signed up. Never done a tournament before. I was planning on using the B2, although I've never used a rental tank ever. I only have 9 hours left on it so I guess there is a way to get more. Otherwise I'll rebuy the Type 95. I actually didn't mind that tank.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

If you're actually trying to win the tier 4 heavy 1v1, use the DW2. 130 pen APCR is so vastly better than all the other options that it isn't particularly close. The Type 95 is effectively armorless, even compared to the DW2, and is also gigantic, so if you're getting into a fight at any sort of distance or with any sort of cover, I have to assume the Type is at a disadvantage, and the shell velocity on the HEAT looks goddamn horrendous - though I've never actually used that HEAT, so I'm just looking at the stats on tanks.gg. Even if you get into a brawl with the Type 95, you can technically 4 shot the enemy with HEAT - 440 HP for the DW2 and Type 95, 110 alpha on the Type's HEAT....but if previous 1v1s have taught me anything, it's that you'll low roll constantly, and need that fifth shot, and if you need the extra shot then you're going to get killed by APCR before you can load that fifth shot even with the DPM advantage and initial burst. If ANYTHING goes wrong, that derp gun is going to be the death of you.

then again the actual strategy is to play the B2, make a bunch of credits and not give a poo poo about winning because it's such an insignificant amount of gold that it really doesn't matter.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Hellsau posted:

Well look at - I serve Primelaw a Type 59 up on a silver platter, and yet suddenly he's too good to play Tanks with me on a holiday weekend? Typical yankee.

Can't let you be even with me by actually getting a Type 59 :smug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Huh, never played the DW2 before. I have a PzIII researched so I can just get that and research the DW2 today (I don't like free xping tanks, only modules).

I shall take your recommendation Hellsau. Although I don't have a crew for it and I don't want to spend 200 gold on each loving crew member. So I won't perform as well. Eh, whatever.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 26, 2016

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Did they already fix the rental sale thing? drat.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I looked at the official forums and they were saying they fixed it last night.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

they fixed it literally while i was moving crew around to sell the loving things

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

M.C. McMic posted:

So, you haven't even played it since it was buffed recently? Why even try to critique it?

I wasn't aware that it was buffed, what patch did that happen?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Played a few games today, realized that I really ought to wait until I have a better reticle, auto-aim, and battle assistant.

CitizenKain posted:

I wasn't aware that it was buffed, what patch did that happen?

A couple patches ago, the DPM got a major boost and probably a few other things got improved but I don't remember what, exactly.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Steelion posted:

Played a few games today, realized that I really ought to wait until I have a better reticle, auto-aim, and battle assistant.

A couple patches ago, the DPM got a major boost and probably a few other things got improved but I don't remember what, exactly.

Hmm, checking the stats on tank compare show the gun DPM is inline with most other tanks, but the accuracy is still poor. I did see people saying the armor got a bump though, but was it enough to matter?

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

CitizenKain posted:

Hmm, checking the stats on tank compare show the gun DPM is inline with most other tanks, but the accuracy is still poor. I did see people saying the armor got a bump though, but was it enough to matter?

I seem to recall QB saying they buffed the gun handling a lot but it's not up to where it was in the past. Still need to use a vstab. I wouldn't know for sure since I don't have it researched yet.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

RanKizama posted:

i recently got mine i love it due to a lazer like gun but im scared to play it now with all these TDs being played currently

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Looks like Aslains and OMC are updated. Oddly, I'm playing better in arty without my precious flight time mods.

It's the feeling. You gotta have the internet arty feeling in your alcohol filled gut.

I'll install one later.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Yeah I installed my standard mods from Aslain and started doing much better.

Better enough to Ace my WZ-132 in my second game, pretty much stock!

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Sold all my rentals, got 14 million credits. Bought a m46 patton and a jadgpanzer e 100. Found out that EVERYFUCKINGBODY WILL LOAD HEAT when you roll up in the latter.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ramsus posted:

Sold all my rentals, got 14 million credits. Bought a m46 patton and a jadgpanzer e 100. Found out that EVERYFUCKINGBODY WILL LOAD HEAT when you roll up in the latter.

Nice armored TD with a 250mm casemate. Excuse me while I load HEAT and pen you three times as you reload.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The JPz E100 was put into the game to appease the shitlers who fail their way up the German casemate line to own a tank which can potentially deal more damage in a single shot than they're used to doing in two games back-to-back.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey EU server dudes, I found someone that basically responds the way most of the baddies on EU server respond when called out for their poo poo:

you can have them back

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The JPz E100 was put into the game to appease the shitlers who fail their way up the German casemate line to own a tank which can potentially deal more damage in a single shot than they're used to doing in two games back-to-back.

I have lost track of the games that have been lost to a shitter in a Jpz100 that camped base the entire game and remains at full health, while my team have taken some considerable damage stomping the enemy team, effectively moving them into single-shot range. And since no one in this game knows how to take a hit or move in when the Jpz100 have fired and insist on sniping it from the front, you end up with the Jpz100 as player of the match. Probably easiest tank in the game to get a 4k damage game in.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Cardiac posted:

I have lost track of the games that have been lost to a shitter in a Jpz100 that camped base the entire game and remains at full health, while my team have taken some considerable damage stomping the enemy team, effectively moving them into single-shot range. And since no one in this game knows how to take a hit or move in when the Jpz100 have fired and insist on sniping it from the front, you end up with the Jpz100 as player of the match. Probably easiest tank in the game to get a 4k damage game in.

'fuk u faggit tds r 4 snipin'

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:siren:Yo dudes! Have a modpack!:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Cardiac posted:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

'fuk u faggit tds r 4 snipin'

mah gawd