Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm glad pat got the yoga pants skin for over watch. I'm sorry he can't make rent tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I can't believe paige chucked pat out of their apartment window

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
why is there no new vessel video

i'm dying

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Should we just be happy Pat is addicted to video games and not drugs?

Because if this was drugs, he'd be long dead by now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rhonne posted:

Should we just be happy Pat is addicted to video games and not drugs?

Because if this was drugs, he'd be long dead by now.

Nah, be glad he isn't addicted to gacha mobile games. Imagine how massive of a fuckin' whale he would be.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I can't fault Pat too much for his actions, because I bought some pretty princess dress up boxes too.

But you know, not on the scale of like $200+

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Woolie Vs Reboot part 10

I asked for this

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nooooo, siegward :(

Pat is bad

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

In his defense, the Storm Ruler is explained kind of terribly.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I don't think there's actually an infinite ammo cheat code

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Dexie posted:

In his defense, the Storm Ruler is explained kind of terribly.

Yeah, that boss fight is really dumb. Like, a cool looking boss from the intro, and it ends up being a gimmick boss battle.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Apparently Baiken is in the new Guilty Gear. Woolie's going to lose his poo poo.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

Nah, be glad he isn't addicted to gacha mobile games. Imagine how massive of a fuckin' whale he would be.

Pat announces he started playing Magic the Gathering, Hasbro stock rises 120%.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Pat's awful spending habits make sense when you realize less than 5 years ago he was working minimum wage at a grocery store. Going from no money/barely any money to having actual disposable income does things to people.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pat's awful spending habits make sense when you realize less than 5 years ago he was working minimum wage at a grocery store. Going from no money/barely any money to having actual disposable income does things to people.

Eh, I mean, everyone has dumb spending habits. If he can afford doing it, more power to him.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Dexie posted:

Apparently Baiken is in the new Guilty Gear. Woolie's going to lose his poo poo.

No Bridget, no buy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

I think Shounen Jump is sweating a bit because for years they've kind of planted their feet on the three big long-running series (One Piece, Naruto and Bleach). Now Naruto is over, Bleach is consistently one of the lowest-rated manga out there because it's loving terrible, and a lot of the newer big hits like Assassination Classroom and, apparently, My Hero Academia actually have pacing that doesn't last for decades. This Naruto fanfic comic (because that's what it is, terrible fanfiction) looks like an attempt to wring blood from a stone.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
HE B OLY

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
OTOH there's also a book in which Kakashi uses his powers as Hokage to give everybody a mission to attend Naruto and Hinata's wedding and get them a gift. Kiba, the bug guy, Guy, Lee and Choji almost die.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Last was like the merciful finishing blow at the end of a long torture session.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

*images*

Then it does the Dragon Ball Super thing of retelling the movie but worse.

So THIS is a joke, right? Like, they're not actually dead, right? :stare:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dexie posted:

So THIS is a joke, right? Like, they're not actually dead, right? :stare:

Who knows, it's doing the DBS thing of retelling a movie, but it's a monthly manga so it'll be a while before getting to new stuff that'll connect to that bullshit, we haven't even met edgelord #2 yet.

Matt was the first one that started feeling negatively towards Mighty No. 9, right? His hunches on bad videogames have been right as of late and after essentially losing forty dollars I'm gonna start paying attention to whenever he says something looks bad to save myself.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah MN9 was the final straw that got me to stop backing kickstarters. I think he mentioned that he backed MN9 for $200. So he's probably feeling pretty rough about it.

Also holy poo poo Pat don't spend $250 on cosmetic items in Overwatch. I mean he's probably making much more than my current lovely job but gently caress I cringe every time they mention making a really expensive purchase.

cmykJester fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 26, 2016

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Even in her own spinoff, Sakura is secondary to her teammates.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the last kickstarter I backed was la-mulana 2, but that's because the team delivered a stellar product so gently caress yes I'm in for round 2.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The only kickstarters i've backed are Shovel Knight, Hover, Indivisible and Nelo, all of which were fun to play during the kickstarter (was shovel knight playable to all? i forget but it looked dope as hell in the best friends' video) so i'm feeling good on that front, with Nelo being the most iffy of the bunch.

I'm still reeling over TMNT, I used a gift card i won for it, could've waited 'till the next steam sale and gotten a bunch of good stuff instead.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I backed too many kickstarters though 90% of the time it was "hey this game looks cool, sure I'll throw $10-$20 at it."

I stopped doing that after getting burned a few times.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Most of the stuff I backed ended up pretty good. The problem was it came out like 2-3 years later and I had thoroughly lost interest (Pillar's of Eternity and Shadowrun were the biggest examples).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't mind stuff getting delayed even when they're KSs, it's one of the perks of not having to answer to private investors and publishers. I mind stuff getting delayed with no justification or for unreasonable amounts of time. MN9 is a joke by now, Barkley 2 was becoming a joke but they've been more active on telling people it's still being worked on, Hivebent at least people came out and explained the whole fiasco, sorta.

Dias fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 26, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DADADADA ADADA DADA DADA DA da

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dexie posted:

She shows up in the story mode, that's it

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The game Kickstarters I backed were Undertale, Homestuck, La-Mulana 2, Bloodstained, and Barkley 2.

Undertale turned out great, no bad warning signs for Bloodstained, La-Mulana 2 looks like it's coming along well, so now it's a race to see which comes out first, Hiveswap or Barkley 2. November 11th 2023 is the deadline. The promise has been made.

gently caress the King's Quest devs :mad:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Lisa and Freedom Planet were both great, and the latter didn't even need to kickstart its sequel.
Both were on the more modest side with regards to backing amounts, so maybe that's a trend.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Did Woolie get pissed at Heavy Rain in the part 3 video that went up on their site? I'm skimming through it, and I don't see anything like that.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I took a punt on Ultimate Chicken Horse a while back and it's turned out pretty okay, although the UI still sucks and I'm not sure what has actually changed between the demo and the final release.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

cmykjester posted:

Yeah MN9 was the final straw that got me to stop backing kickstarters. I think he mentioned that he backed MN9 for $200. So he's probably feeling pretty rough about it.
Just because there's a few bad kickstarters doesn't mean they all are, man. I've backed dozens and MN9 is one of maybe two that haven't panned out as well as they should have.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Newest sweetbaby continues to deliver.

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/statuses/735673974663839744

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 10:57 on May 26, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MU5MgRV6U

This is so cheesy it makes pizza look healthy.
On the other hand I kinda wish they'd framed that one politician in the LP even if Sariff's a dick. Which probably means this did its job.

HGH fucked around with this message at 14:25 on May 26, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Baal posted:

She shows up in the story mode, that's it

She's still back though!

And she could still appear as a DLC character.

Either way I'm expecting Woolie to go crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm sort of worried because the stuff I don't back because it's well in the clear ends up going tits up (Tropes V Women and MN9 are the big ones) and I didn't back Bloodstained.

I backed Shantae and it's coming along nicely though.