Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

That was a good one, but ya zero jumping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

That was a good one, but ya zero jumping.

People generally do jump a fair bit in console, but people avoid any vertical axis movement with the right stick if they can. It's much more effective using strafing to aim if everyone is ground level. There is still lots of vertical action though. I can pretty consistently hit Pharah out of the sky with Zaryas alt fire and I regularly get wiped by 76s when flying with her.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Got Deadeye, was behind Reinhardt's barrier. Entire enemy team was sort of out in the open. Was about to get a near full wipe when Reinhardt is suddenly distracted by a passing butterfly or something and charges off like a loving idiot and I get murdered horribly.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Ihmemies posted:

76 feels so good in quick match. Press button to get kills. You even get autoaim and continuous sprint and self heelz... and a rifle nade.

I really love his design. He's not flashy, but he's got all the tools to effectively fight anyone and his ultimate is a lot of fun.

MacheteZombie posted:

I've noticed a lot of people seem to misinterpret the proper use of movement skills, or are just straight up uncaring about them. Like 76's that never sprint, genjis that are always at ground level, Hanzos/widows that never get into birdsnest areas, hell Pharahs that never fly are all too common.

How do you not fly as Pharah

How is that even remotely possible, that's the funnest part about her

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 26, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
ground based pharahs are my favorite thing

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Schrodingers cat posted:

Wow.... I can't believe I missed that.
Honestly, I missed it until I actually watched the official instructional video. But yeah, I can now zip into a spot, deal damage, get slammed down to like 20 HP, then rewind back to full health, and zip out. It's loving bonkers.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Had another bunch of amazing games with the Discord goons. They are some chill rear end people. Even when the matchmaking punished us with several KOTH maps with full premades we still kept our calm and ended our session with some wins.

I finally think I have the hang of McCree, Phara and almost Reaper. Only thing with reaper is I don't know how to avoid getting into a 1v1 fight instead of what I want to do and get behind everyone and gently caress them up.

I hope someone got to save some footage from the games we were in. For whatever reason the Highlights only save the first 5 games then none after that. So the legit POTGs I got at the end of matches never showed up in Highlights.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Junkrat's mine has so much goddamn utility, it's amazing. It's a fantastic finisher, it can be used along with his grenades to zone people out. It can be used to get higher ground, escape from a messy situation, separate healers from their team, etc. I've even used it to escape from roadhogs hook multiple times.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Elderbean posted:

Junkrat's mine has so much goddamn utility, it's amazing. It's a fantastic finisher, it can be used along with his grenades to zone people out. It can be used to get higher ground, escape from a messy situation, separate healers from their team, etc. I've even used it to escape from roadhogs hook multiple times.

if I notice we are getting flanked a lot, I'll throw down a bear trap with a mine on top of it

as soon as bear trap is triggered I blow the mine, free kill

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Is there some trick to getting your profile to show up on https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/pc/us/name-numbers ? Or is it just really laggy? In repeated testing, sometimes it loads the profile and sometimes it says page not found. I wish it would just say it failed loaded rather than that

Mokhu
Mar 3, 2004

NCAA Hopesman Winner 2008
Fallen Rib
What's the max account level one can reach?

This game is cool and fun, some heroes I still really need to get the hang of. Does anyone have a link to some more technical info on certain heroes? Zarya is a good example of how I just don't get how her shield or charge works.

Also, when I hook with Roadhog, do I M1 or M2 for max headshot damage?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Elderbean posted:

I have to strongly fight the urge to play Junkrat on every single map and regardless of team comp. He's so much fun.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Eonwe posted:

if I notice we are getting flanked a lot, I'll throw down a bear trap with a mine on top of it

as soon as bear trap is triggered I blow the mine, free kill

Was that you who killed my Genji on Volskaya Industries? You dirty bastard laying that trap down after we took the first point. (or whoever ended up doing that)

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Relin posted:

Is there some trick to getting your profile to show up on https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/pc/us/name-numbers ? Or is it just really laggy? In repeated testing, sometimes it loads the profile and sometimes it says page not found. I wish it would just say it failed loaded rather than that

It's just flakey I think. It's working fine for me now:
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/pc/us/DrewMoney-6912

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I still have yet to play Roadhog because I don't like his giant belly button.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

drewmoney posted:

It's just flakey I think. It's working fine for me now:
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/pc/us/DrewMoney-6912

lol@ case sensitive URLs in 2016 but thanks for that link :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ularg posted:

Was that you who killed my Genji on Volskaya Industries? You dirty bastard laying that trap down after we took the first point. (or whoever ended up doing that)

I don't think so, if your name is Ularg on b.net I would have probably said hi

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Temple of Anubis against 6 (!) Pharas was lost because the pubs did not enjoy the freekills with Soldier 76.....

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is 10 eliminiations per round average over all my heroes decent if my most played class is mercy :ohdear:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Eonwe posted:

is 10 eliminiations per round average over all my heroes decent if my most played class is mercy :ohdear:

Do Kill Assists count as kills? Was wondering that

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

cards in 8 of 12 games as Mercy :smug:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

My most played is Pharah and I only have 13 average :shepicide:

Gotta get more pro MLG before I dare post my profile.

e: what's the "Score" thing?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Papercut posted:

I have to strongly fight the urge to play Junkrat on every single map and regardless of team comp. He's so much fun.

He's also good in like most situations

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

heres my video titled "why i dont like mccree"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5tgeiNHTyI

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Efexeye posted:

lol@ case sensitive URLs in 2016 but thanks for that link :)
oh is that what it is. blizzard :rolleyes:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mokhu posted:

What's the max account level one can reach?

Also, when I hook with Roadhog, do I M1 or M2 for max headshot damage?

Some absurdly high number, like 2500+. But it's a prestige system, whenever you reach 100 it resets to 1 and you get a different colored/decorated border.

Roadhogs M2 is exclusively a ranged tool, it does a measly 50 damage unless it travels a certain distance, then the projectile explodes and basically becomes a ranged shotgun blast. The M1 is, well, a shotgun, and designed to be used when enemies are in your grill (ie. After hooking them)

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
Why does Roadhog in particular feed ult? Do you build more charge by damaging HP rather than Armour or Shields?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Get in the mumble server when you want to group up. I'll be in there any time I want to play with goons; they put in an over watch channel with region sub channels.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

immortal flow posted:

Why does Roadhog in particular feed ult? Do you build more charge by damaging HP rather than Armour or Shields?

He has a lot of hit points and a big hit box. So you feed your ult off doing damage to him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

Get in the mumble server when you want to group up. I'll be in there any time I want to play with goons; they put in an over watch channel with region sub channels.

I went into the mumble server the other day and it was completely empty in the overwatch channel. Maybe I was in the wrong SA mumble?

Also, if you team up with goons without mumble or discord, the in game voice comm system is fantastic.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Your Computer posted:

e: what's the "Score" thing?

Specifically, it's in the "Game" section near the bottom.

Someone who's actually good at this game; what's your score? :ohdear:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

drewmoney posted:

He has a lot of hit points and a big hit box. So you feed your ult off doing damage to him.

He also has that self heal which usually means a roadhog is hopping out of corners soaking damage, hiding to heal himself, then popping back out to keep soaking your damage. Jacking up your ult rate.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

immortal flow posted:

His defensive mechanics are "self heal" and "have lots of hp," meaning he isn't mitigating damage, just absorbing it. Armor doesn't give less ult technically if you're doing the same amount of damage, but it mitigates damage which means yes you build ult slower against people who still have armor left. Mostly it's having no damage mitigation tools though, like Reinhardt shield or Zarya bubbles, since those flat out stymie ult gain.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Your Computer posted:

Specifically, it's in the "Game" section near the bottom.

Someone who's actually good at this game; what's your score? :ohdear:

mine's 40,000 but i'm bad

e: actually i suspect it just builds up over time, i have 40% of DrewMoney's score with a little more than 40% of his time played

emdash fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 26, 2016

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Where's Genji?

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

No Zarya and no Mei? Get that garbage outta here. :catbert:

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

emdash posted:

mine's 40,000 but i'm bad

e: actually i suspect it just builds up over time, i have 40% of DrewMoney's score with a little more than 40% of his time played

I guess you could do score divided by games played? Seems like a useless number though.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Thor-Stryker posted:

But as a above-average-but-not-pro player, I've never once really felt threatened by a D.Va because I can just run away or out DPS her with a little dancing. While I've had some quality Winstons eat me alive because it's impossible to escape or they destroy you with shield dancing if you try to engage them.

The one time I said "oh poo poo, D.Va," I was playing Tracer badly and burnt all my charges. I'm especially confused by people talking about Roadhog as if not killing D.Va with the combo means she has his lunch. She's at point blank and you have a shotgun leveled right at a giant head hitbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Dealing damage to reinhardt/zarya/winston shields (like, the zarya bubble, her "shield hp" works like normal health) does not generate ult. Getting damage absorbed by d.va matrix doesn't, either. Doing damage to roadhog does.