Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I was wrong about hibs.

Hibs are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-record-fc-shameful-hampden-8022425#yVP0sduz0HiP8lOT.97

quote:

Rangers Record FC: Shameful Hampden scenes are a direct result of hateful stereotyping of our fans by jealous rivals

THE bitter taste of cup final defeat after an abject performance has barely lingered, for after today’s game there are clearly much bigger fish to fry.

For the second time in 12 months Rangers fans have had to face down a horde of opposing fans invading the pitch and charging towards them in an aggressive and provocative manner.

The disgraceful behaviour of Motherwell fans was shrugged off by the SPFL and a mere slap on the wrists was delivered in a farce of a punishment that took over 6 months to deliver.

Nothing to see here. If there’s a place to start apportioning blame for bloody knuckles and sore chins it’s a good start.

Of course, it’s hardly surprising that Rangers fans have now twice been on the receiving end of such provocation.

The sporting jealousy that always marked our smaller, less successful rivals has been replaced by an intellectually empty, sneering, faux moral superiority.

:qq:

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hibernian Football Club, what a vile fanbase

I also re-watched Trainspotting for the first time in a few years this week, didnt realize Renton was a Hibs fan, so apt.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Pish

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Ramagamma posted:

Hibernian Football Club, what a vile fanbase

I also re-watched Trainspotting for the first time in a few years this week, didnt realize Renton was a Hibs fan, so apt.

Spoon burning arseholes.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Warmest regards from a spoon burning hooligan disgrace. Hope it hurts fuckos

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

radge posted:

yessss

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

haha.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
What a time to be alive.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Ha Rangers got beat by Hibs.

Just to add salt to the wound that the Women's match had Hibs beat Rangers by 5-0.

Some Rangers fans are so desperate that they tried to defend someone creeping behind a kid and grabbing him as a way to 'protect' the child from danger.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Lmao

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Pish

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

radge posted:

Enjoy another season in the Championship.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Hiya pals

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

radge posted:

Hey radge

I guess we can stop updating "things that happened since radge posted" as well

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

"The sporting jealousy that always marked our smaller, less successful rivals has been replaced by an intellectually empty, sneering, faux moral superiority."
The (most undeserved) moral superiority always seems to come from Rangers. Like, Hibs fans were easily most at fault on Sunday (you can take your "exuberant" pish and shove it), though there were a (far smaller, but with no motivation beyond a rammy) number of Rangers fans getting involved too. But the way Rangers has responded, rather than staying quiet and letting that speak for itself, they seem to alternate between getting fits of the vapours about how "vile", "disgusting", and other words straight out the tabloids, the Hibs fans were with not a hint of self-awareness of their own usual behaviour or the stuff they were singing; or saying that their poor wee darlings can't be blamed for joining a rammy because they were "provoked".

"It’s time to accept the facts, Rangers fans are the same as any other group." Naw, they're insufferable cunts, and the fact that there are a small number of other teams (I'd say 5 teams out of 42 based purely on personal experience) with insufferable cunts for supporters does not excuse that. I've really not missed this while they (and Hibs, and Hearts up until this year because they've got a heap of arseholes in their support an' all) haven't been in the Premier. It's quite sad watching the Hibs players and staff trying to celebrate their win, with all these drunken wankers running up to them to proclaim their undying love.

What a pile of pish, and we've no doubt got more of it to look forward to next year.

I see a Rangers fan got attacked on the platform at Haymarket later that night as well. I remember hearing there was trouble with Hibees on our train back post League Cup final too, though I just had one guy congratulate me after seeing my County shirt on the way out, which was rather more in the spirit of things. Still, thank gently caress I've got my car now and I can drive to away games.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Careful now Acaila, being mean to Rangers fans is sectarianism!

What I'm mostly confused about is why anyone gives a poo poo- it was a pitch invasion, was anyone assaulted or attacked in a way that couldn't have happened in the stands? Seemed to me like one big party that was dealt with aptly and calmly by the polis and the players eventually got to get their medals and lift the cup and everyone sang Sunshine on Leith. Like is anyone actually harmed by the whole thing?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Coohoolin posted:

Careful now Acaila, being mean to Rangers fans is sectarianism!

What I'm mostly confused about is why anyone gives a poo poo- it was a pitch invasion, was anyone assaulted or attacked in a way that couldn't have happened in the stands?

The players?

Also gently caress off with the polis affectation you insufferable twat

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Total Meatlove posted:

The players?

Also gently caress off with the polis affectation you insufferable twat

Were they though?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

Were they though?

You've uncovered the conspiracy! There wasn't a pitch invasion and it was all holograms projected from the Rangers end to discredit Hibs, like in Scooby Doo

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

The goalposts got broken, the playing surface looks a state having been ripped up (and I know a pitch that's in a state considering what ours was like by the end of our first season in the Premier!), the teams had to come off the field rather than celebrate, and a whole load of folk got into a fight that wouldn't have happened in the stands because they have a line of stewards at the end of sections of fans, and usually a gap between them so they don't get anywhere near each other in the stands.
Unnecessary fuckwittery and totally embarassing.

Don't worry 'Hoolin, any numpty Gers fans will see the union jack under my avatar and assume I'm good ;)

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I dunno I feel like a pitch invasion would be fun.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Coohoolin posted:

Then you're a twat. The hibs fans ran on and some fronted up to rangers players and staff. This made the rangers fans run on. Its not rocket science.

There would be nothing fun about that and the hibs fans were lucky they didn't get a full on police horse charge.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Coohoolin posted:

Saturday was horribly close to turning into something serious because of fuckwit hibs fans, goading fuckwit rangers fans into a fight.

Also it's unforgivable that the Rangers players were put at risk, they should be able to go their work without worrying about having to run the gauntlet of people swinging punches at them.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Coohoolin posted:

Overrated. You feel like a bit of a fanny when you have to get yourself back afterwards.
(Yes, I'm a dirty hypocrite, but in my defence I was 11 and, unlike usual matches, not under parental supervision at the time but on a junior supporters club trip. And Glebe Park in Brechin is hardly Hampden)

I just went to go and find pics of that game, and ended up on a blog article talking about Rangers playing Ross County for the first time since 1966, and how it brought up religious controversy in Dingwall! Despite attempts to get the game moved from the Sunday it had been scheduled for for tv reasons, our very devout chairman ended up boycotting because he didn't agree with having football matches on the sabbath.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
This seems like such a non-issue but I'm coming at it as an American, we rush fields and courts in college on the regular and it's kind of awesome and nobody gets hurt

I can't speak to the culture where y'all might punch each other? I don't know? Help an ignorant

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Your Boy Fancy posted:

This seems like such a non-issue but I'm coming at it as an American, we rush fields and courts in college on the regular and it's kind of awesome and nobody gets hurt

I can't speak to the culture where y'all might punch each other? I don't know? Help an ignorant

idk, but the Police don't kill black people over here so I guess it all evens out.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Your Boy Fancy posted:

scottish "football" fans are/were violent drunk subhuman proles

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Besides anything else it's illegal here. Also pitch invasions used to happen a lot back when going to a match was like attending a small war so people get funny about them.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

They also take players and such off the field for their safety, so they don't get to celebrate. Clubs get fined for them too IIRC, so if you'd rather potential player wages got wasted on that, fair dos.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Thank you for clarification.

They all seemed so happy at the time.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Your Boy Fancy posted:

quote:

After the San Francisco Giants defeated the Kansas City Royals in the 2014 World Series, Giants fans set fires, vandalized buses and police cars, shattered windows of businesses, scrawled graffiti, and threw bottles at police. Two people were shot, one person was stabbed, and a police officer was badly hurt from fireworks exploding. 40 arrests were made

quote:

Two people were shot

This was over a baseball game that they won.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Yeah Scottish football fans are mostly scum, but it made me chuckle that an American came into the thread questioning the culture.

America is the worst country in the world and all Americans should either leave the country or die.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

duckmaster posted:

This was over a baseball game that they won.

European style shooting section

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Police Scotland and the Daily Record have teamed up for some kind of quasi-'The Truth' style defence of how poo poo the policing was at the game.

Fans spat on hero officers
Fans attacked officers going to help
Fans used their children as human shields

All with no attributed source or CCTV footage.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
The overreaction is amazing. Is it just because it was the poor Rangers that lost the cup?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

The overreaction is amazing. Is it just because it was the poor Rangers that lost the cup?

How are you such a oval office?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Daily Rangers posted:

POLICE officers stationed outside the ground say they were prevented from entering the stadium by angry crowds of Rangers fans who had just left Hampden.
POLICE officers stationed outside Hampden when thousands of fans invaded the pitch claim they were prevented from entering the stadium by angry Rangers crowds.

Complaints included being subjected to a barrage of abuse, their vans being jostled and some parents were accused of using their own kids to block roads.

One account given to the Record said a “mob mentality” prevailed outside the National Stadium after Hibs beat Rangers 3-2 in Saturday’s Scottish Cup final.

We were told people impeding and attacking a police convoy led to a 20-minute delay in riot control officers getting into the stadium.

Only 138 cops were on duty inside the stadium when thousands of fans invaded the pitch

The detailed description claimed: “This wasn’t 18 to 30-year-olds doing this, it was families, older men in suits, 12-year-olds shouting as fiercely as their fathers and mothers.

“It was ordinary people totally affected by ‘the mob mentality’.

Police move Hibernian fans off the pitch as they celebrate at the end of the match after winning the Scottish Cup Final
Officers claim they struggled to get past angry Rangers fans as they tried to get into stadium
“No one was attacking shops or other cars, it was all directed at me and my colleagues. The venom and bile directed at us shocked everyone in our detail and we are all experienced officers. I’ve never seen such anger directed at the police.”

He was addressing criticism of the police reaction to the Hibs fans’ pitch invasion which saw Rangers players being attacked. It descended into further violence as supporters of the Ibrox club entered the field to battle their rivals.

He said: “I, along with approximately 75 other officers who had public order duties outside the ground, immediately made our way to the ground from no further than one mile away.

"There were many more officers on duty but I can only speak about our detail. We were in marked police vans in convoy with blue lights and sirens. Our priority was to assist within the stadium.

READ MORE: Hibs fan pleads guilty to confronting Rangers keeper Wes Foderingham during Hampden riot

“On entering Cathcart Road from Prospecthill Road, we were presented with a large crowd of Rangers fans leaving the ground on the pavements and road.

“Within seconds, they all started shouting at us, pointing to their watches saying we were ‘too late’.

“They were refusing to get out of our way, in some cases using their children to block our road and stop our vans, a tactic I had only seen in Northern Ireland.

Fans clashed at full time and reinforcements took a long time to arrive to quell the violence
"They then started hitting and spitting on the vans, throwing items at the vans, trying to rock the vans, kicking the vans, trying the doors.

“This isn’t a few bad eggs in the crowd – this was everyone walking past us. This lasted for 15 to 20 minutes. Had the road been relatively clear, we would have reached the stadium in 30 seconds.”

His comments were backed up by other cops, with one public order officer saying: “We heard lots of vans were attacked by Rangers fans, preventing police getting to the stadium quickly.

“Hibs fans were all inside invading the pitch and the ones who weren’t were waiting for the cup presentation.”

Another police source said: “A few of the lads were stopped from getting in the stadium when their vans were ambushed by Rangers fans outside Hampden.

“They’ve just joined in with mob mentality and surged towards the cops.”

The Record revealed yesterday that only 138 police officers were deployed inside the stadium at the final whistle with the majority outside as that’s where police chiefs anticipated most trouble.

Critics have said police were slow to respond inside to thousands of fans on the pitch, running battles and players being assaulted.

The cup presentation was delayed for 45 minutes. Just 14 people have so far been arrested.

We asked Police Scotland to address the officers’ accounts. They responded with a general statement.

Quoting Assistant Chief Constable Mark Williams, it read: “A full criminal investigation is now under way.

“We have a dedicated incident room and I’d appeal to anyone who has information in relation to criminal
behaviour at Hampden on Saturday to contact detectives on 0141 532 5457.

“Although we’ve made a number of arrests, I fully expect more to be made in the coming days as we sift through evidence from CCTV and other video footage and photographic images.

“Public safety is our No1 priority and the pitch incursion was unacceptable and jeopardised that.

“Our response was immediate, measured, proportionate and professional. In a short period of time, we deployed mounted officers, public order and conventional officers to separate the opposing supporters.”

Total Meatlove posted:

Police Scotland and the Daily Record have teamed up for some kind of quasi-'The Truth' style defence of how poo poo the policing was at the game.

Are you going to boycott the record ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Are you retarded?

• Locked thread