Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The funniest part of Civil War will always remain the out-of-nowhere random kiss they included just to make sure that the entire film wasn't about Captain America's desperate lust for Bucky, only 99% of it.

It's completely ruined by the bro nod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ImpAtom posted:

The funniest part of Civil War will always remain the out-of-nowhere random kiss they included just to make sure that the entire film wasn't about Captain America's desperate lust for Bucky, only 99% of it.

That is worth it just for Sam and Bucky's reaction to it. Also Chris Evans and Emily Van Camp would make the most aryan babies ever.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

twistedmentat posted:

That is worth it just for Sam and Bucky's reaction to it. Also Chris Evans and Emily Van Camp would make the most aryan babies ever.

It's almost like Captain America was always literally the Nazi ideal, and would fit right in with being a Hydra sleeper agent.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

It's almost like Captain America was always literally the Nazi ideal, and would fit right in with being a Hydra sleeper agent.

Well...

And who doesn't love the bro nod? Bucky and Falcon had some great scenes together. :allears:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I still see Zola saying "Winter Soldier killed Howard Stark the way he killed Fury" in that clip.

Also this is dumb as poo poo
http://collider.com/x-men-apocalypse-deleted-scenes-jubilee/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

Of all the major 90s as gently caress X-men, Jubilee is the best after Cable.

Jesus christ, I can't believe we're getting more of the same charles/magneto/logan crap instead of jubilee. gently caress this movie.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MacheteZombie posted:

Tony makes a move to Bucky just as the tape ends, Cap places his hand on Tony's shoulder, "Tony Tony"

A sullen Tony collects his thoughts for a moment before looking into Cap's eyes, "Did you know?"

Cap, "I didn't know it was him"

Tony, stirring with anger leans in a bit as his eyes brim with tears he's holding back "Don't bullshit me Rogers, did you know?"

Cap, "Yes."

Tony shakes back a step, clearly heartbroken by the news. He gives the moment a pause, then strikes Cap and the fight with Bucky begins.

I interpreted it as:

"Did you know [my parents were murdered]?"

"[Yes, but] I didn't know it was [Bucky who did it]-"

"Don't bullshit me, Rogers! Did you know [my parents were murdered]?!?"

"...Yes."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I think it can be interpreted either way, just wanted to put out the transcript of that bit since people were quoting it in their own words.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ignite Memories posted:

Jesus christ, I can't believe we're getting more of the same charles/magneto/logan crap instead of jubilee. gently caress this movie.

I mean the conflict between Chuck/Erik has been decided to be the central conflict in the X-men movies, which I can accept, but yea, throwing Wolverine in there for no reason other than it being Wolverine is just unforgivable.

I can accept the Wolverine change in DoFP, and I commend them for not having him solve the problem, but leaving that to the natives of that time period.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

There really is no reason to watch the new X-men movie is there? The 80s focused marketing was so good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ImpAtom posted:

I always took that kiss as "okay and lets wrap up this romantic subplot that's gotten creepy since revealing who she is by having them both tell each other that there is no chemistry here and the kiss meant nothing. Now Bucky and Sam get the best bit in the movie."

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

Shageletic posted:

There really is no reason to watch the new X-men movie is there? The 80s focused marketing was so good.

There are some good-looking mullets?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MacheteZombie posted:

It's completely ruined by the bro nod.

Honestly, Steve/Bucky/Tony make Civil War the best movie about a disastrous love triangle I've ever seen.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

Well, Sinister is the most 90s of all villains

Madkal posted:

Wrong. Stryfe is

Spoiled that just out of fear that it would trace all the way back to the original spoiler.

No way, it's gotta be Omega Red and his MUTANT DEATH FACTOR.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Honestly, Steve/Bucky/Tony make Civil War the best movie about a disastrous love triangle I've ever seen.

Oh for sure. Bucky should be jelly of Sharon getting some mack time in with Steve.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MacheteZombie posted:

Oh for sure. Bucky should be jelly of Sharon getting some mack time in with Steve.

He's totally think "oh yea Golden Rule time".

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MacheteZombie posted:

Only would have been better with Falcon going "Steve, it's not the 1940s anymore. You can kiss a dude in public now."

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I see you all are not half the friend Cap is....

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Obviously Falcon and Bucky should get gay married and Steve gets to be all I AM AMERICA AND I SAY THIS IS COOL AND GOOD

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Come on now, Steve would never endorse his husband marrying someone else.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Come on now, Steve would never endorse his husbands marrying someone else.

Pretty sure there's already fanart of this, because of course there is.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Ignite Memories posted:

It's a movie taking place in the 80's and they removed the most 80's character of all time....

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

JT Smiley posted:

It's a movie taking place in the 80's and they removed the most 80's character of all time....
Goddamnit. Probably gave the extra time to Olivia Munn's lovely Psyloche.

This is going to X3 all over the place, isn't it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You must be misreading, they cut Jubilee.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

You must be misreading, they cut Jubilee.

The only thing better than Jubilee is vampire Jubilee.

Yeah, I said it!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Soonmot posted:

Yeah, I said it!

Signed. Jubilee, especially vampire Jubes, is actually pretty awesome.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

MacheteZombie posted:

It's completely improved by the bro nod.

You slipped a few keys bruh, but I got it for you.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

You slipped a few keys bruh, but I got it for you.

Nah, it was a bad joke. An easy joke, I'll give you that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's a great joke. Biggest laugh in the movie both times I've seen it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's an easy joke.

Like fart jokes, people will often laugh at them. Doesn't really make them particularly good or clever.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's not like the kiss was some big dramatic moment

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
A joke can be easy and still be a really good joke

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Soonmot posted:

Yeah, I said it!

100% behind you on that. And now it means that the X-men (as in the team in the movie) is again, a bunch of white kids.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She was never actually on the team in the movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

A joke can be easy and still be a really good joke

I don't disagree, but the joke is only included as distracting fluff. A good joke in CW is Spiderman asking all the heroes about their skillsets and tech. It highlights the character's traits, fits with the tone of the fight scene (which I still have problems with), and is relatively well written.

Raserys posted:

It's not like the kiss was some big dramatic moment

It's a very mediocre scene, suffering from a lot of the things that ails MCU movies, and the joke is there to take away the viewer's attention from those things. It worked, don't get me wrong, so in that sense it was a "good" joke. I guess.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sam and Bucky's reaction to the kiss was probably the biggest laugh in the theater i saw it in.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Sam and Bucky's reaction to the kiss was probably the biggest laugh in the theater i saw it in.

Ant-mans laugh while going big at my showing, but again that's beside the point.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

MacheteZombie posted:

I don't disagree, but the joke is only included as distracting fluff. A good joke in CW is Spiderman asking all the heroes about their skillsets and tech. It highlights the character's traits, fits with the tone of the fight scene (which I still have problems with), and is relatively well written.

Thanks for informing us what is or isn't correct to laugh at.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

Thanks for informing us what is or isn't correct to laugh at.

Nah you can laugh at whatever you want man. Thanks for always posting stuff to laugh at.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

MacheteZombie posted:

I don't disagree, but the joke is only included as distracting fluff

It's bonding for Falcon and Bucky, if nothing else. Along with "Can you move the seat?" "....no.", it gives you a picture of their relationship in the short moments they have to work with.

quote:

It's a very mediocre scene, suffering from a lot of the things that ails MCU movies, and the joke is there to take away the viewer's attention from those things. It worked, don't get me wrong, so in that sense it was a "good" joke. I guess.

It's called a palette cleanser, and it's the reason people generally like CW better than BvS. And it's manifestly not mediocre, because so many people loved it. It may not be great, it may be the easy option, but it's exactly what it was intended to be and it did exactly what it needed to, and people responded to it. By definition that makes it a good scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

B-but... Quips!

• Locked thread