Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

never buy anything because there is always going to be upgrades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
FYI in my GeForce Experience (beta) Shadowplay has been renamed to "Share"

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I gave up on fighting that urge

I'm having trouble finding a situation where Junkrat isn't effective
Junkrat on the 'defense' category is a lie, he's good on a bunch of maps on offense.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your Computer posted:

Specifically, it's in the "Game" section near the bottom.

Someone who's actually good at this game; what's your score? :ohdear:

Wait, what? I looked at the career profile and didn't see anything.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

sarmhan posted:

Junkrat on the 'defense' category is a lie, he's good on a bunch of maps on offense.

Yeah there's quite a few miscategorizations as far as heroes in this game goes

I thinkthis game (and Heroes of the Storm for that matter) would do well to implement a tag system for their characters similar to League of Legends where, say, Symmetra could get "mobility,shields,turrets" and Lucio could get "heals,mobility" etc (just making up tags and poo poo so you get the idea)

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

In reality the only 'requirements' are a healer and a frontline tank. Everything else is more map and internal-comp specific

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah mcree is more area denial, which is defense not offense. Maybe Mei could switch with him?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

that makes even less sense

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Who's y'all's favorite 'Alright, Time To Quit Fuckin' Around' hero? For me, it's usually Lucio because the team sucks at healing and I can make more of a difference keeping everyone barely alive than taking out one idiot OOP as Widowmaker..

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

TheTatteredKing posted:

Yeah mcree is more area denial, which is defense not offense. Maybe Mei could switch with him?

what

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Bogart posted:

Who's y'all's favorite 'Alright, Time To Quit Fuckin' Around' hero? For me, it's usually Lucio because the team sucks at healing and I can make more of a difference keeping everyone barely alive than taking out one idiot OOP as Widowmaker..

Offense it's Reinhardt, defense it's Bastion. You can win without either of those heroes but it's pretty much objectively easier to win with them.

agent_wildflower
Sep 7, 2011

Bogart posted:

Mei. Usually I'll play whatever the team is missing or is a great counter to a strong player on the other team. But when I get angry I hit H and switch to Mei.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Had a match where Roadhog would kill me every time as Winston. Well the PotG is me getting revenge on him, the best possible way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPixLCGFP_g

Bogart posted:

D.VA, I tend to be hard to kill as her and just get really aggressive as her.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bogart posted:

I have a perfect 100% win rate with Symmetra out of 1 game so I will save her for the day I need her the most and destroy my opponents

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

TheTatteredKing posted:

mcree is the kill people character, there is never a time where you do not want him

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Offense people are about mobility and flanking. Mei can use her wall to get around, and her self heal is good for a back line harassment campaign. She basically fits the role as well as mcree does, who is about ambushing flankers and punishing tracers diving mercies.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Discord needs an auto afk timer A lot of you "people" are just forever afk in channels.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

mcree is the kill people character, there is never a time where you do not want him

Yes that's true, but I don't think he's supposed to be the "always good in every situation against everyone" character because that shouldn't exist.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
we were getting shredded near our spawn by a bastion so I switched to Hanzo, jumped in front of him and hit E to deflect

there was just one minor flaw in my plan

I bet that Bastion was really confused though

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

hmm yes the guy w/ short range instakill ability, less offensive and more defensive than character that literally puts up walls

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Soothing Vapors posted:

we were getting shredded near our spawn by a bastion so I switched to Hanzo, jumped in front of him and hit E to deflect

there was just one minor flaw in my plan

I bet that Bastion was really confused though

I tried to teleport behind a bastion as reaper but because of the angle, I couldn't see very well and just teleported directly in front of him. Welp.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i wish mccree was my dad

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZeZATcLiPQ

Was this that Genji game people were linking last night? I couldn't check it out, being at work.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

fadam posted:

Literally the only reason people think D.Va is secretly good or whatever is because she's easy to jack off to. If she looked like Zarya or Roadhog there would be a lot less people playing and giving a poo poo about the worst character in the game.

Zarya is cute af, how dare you compare her to a pig man.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
just got bopped by the seagull brigade but we still did pretty good so good poo poo me

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

sarmhan posted:

Its more that he hard counters like half of the defense heroes. Not needing line of sight means he shits on anyone who relies heavily on camping in one spot.

I had no idea how to win as attackers on temple of anubis until I picked him and proceded to single-handidly wreck the enemy team.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Infill just gave the three of us who stayed a series of level 5s who think you defend Volskaya by rushing their spawn and dying.

What the gently caress.

And the ones who stayed weren't so hot, including a guy who thinks Symmetra is black (along with the associated slurs)

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Cephas posted:

Zarya is cute af, how dare you compare her to a pig man.

Roadhog is the cutest how dare you.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

TheTatteredKing posted:

Yes that's true, but I don't think he's supposed to be the "always good in every situation against everyone" character because that shouldn't exist.

Mcree's main flaw is that he's got the worst mobility out of the offence heroes but if he hits you with the flashbang you are essentially already dead. So the counter to him is shooting him from outside flashbang range.

That said I think they should replace the stun with a blind/disarm because it's a little too easy to just flash someone and then dump 6 shots into their face while they can't move. They should at least be able to flail around so you have to aim.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
McCree is one of the easiest hooks in the game and most aren't quick enough with the stun to punish you for it

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

fadam posted:

Literally the only reason people think D.Va is secretly good or whatever is because she's easy to jack off to. If she looked like Zarya or Roadhog there would be a lot less people playing and giving a poo poo about the worst character in the game.

not gonna lie, I'd start maining D.va if I got her Junker skin to drop

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

JollyPubJerk posted:

McCree is one of the easiest hooks in the game and most aren't quick enough with the stun to punish you for it

I play a lot of Roadhog and honestly I'm a bit wary about hooking Mcrees. Yeah, most of the time you just hook him and blow his head off and it's no sweat, but if you fail to kill him(like if your loving hook deposits him behind you like it does sometimes for no reason) then he kills you.

Doesn't stop me from doing it though. The lure of the hook is too strong.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Bogart posted:

Roadhog. While he feeds meter like crazy hes just under widow/mccree when it comes to quickly removing someone while usually not dying to most one/two action kills.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Its more that he hard counters like half of the defense heroes. Not needing line of sight means he shits on anyone who relies heavily on camping in one spot.

I had no idea how to win as attackers on temple of anubis until I picked him and proceded to single-handidly wreck the enemy team.

Junkrat is also ridiculously good as defense on Temple of Anubis. That map is just made for him, so many walls to bounce grenades off of, tons of spots to mine yourself up to, lots of narrow areas to throw traps. He's so fun on that map.

For the people complaining about seagull not answering the "who are the worst characters?" question completely yesterday, someone just asked him again about it and again the only name he could come up with was D.Va. Said every character but her gets played in comps.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

Mcree's main flaw is that he's got the worst mobility out of the offence heroes but if he hits you with the flashbang you are essentially already dead. So the counter to him is shooting him from outside flashbang range.

That said I think they should replace the stun with a blind/disarm because it's a little too easy to just flash someone and then dump 6 shots into their face while they can't move. They should at least be able to flail around so you have to aim.

If he doesn't just shoot you in the face with left click.

Wangsbig posted:

hmm yes the guy w/ short range instakill ability, less offensive and more defensive than character that literally puts up walls

I'm just using their own logic. Offense heroes are stated to be good at "getting around" defenses.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

totalnewbie posted:

It absolutely, absolutely is, but a 30% jump in performance over the 980 for LESS money is kind of hard to pass up.

The 980 was never that expensive, was it?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8526/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-review/7

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10304/nvidia-announces-the-geforce-gtx-1080-1070/2

Looks like the day 1 MSRP on a GTX 980 was $549, and the 1080 MSRPs are $599 and $699 based on whether you buy the available soon "Founders edition" or the available later cheaper ones.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

cock hero flux posted:

The best comparison is McCree's flashbang versus Junkrat's trap, since they're supposed to achieve a similar outcome.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's weird that they put DVA in the tank category, it's kind of misleading

All the categories are borderline useless

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

cock hero flux posted:

not gonna lie, I'd start maining D.va if I got her Junker skin to drop

Me too. That skin is :krad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Man, I'm having so much fun with this game! I'm not a pro at FPS and I've been really hating the CoD and even Battlefields lately but I love being a support and feeling like I'm needed. As soon as I log on I get 4-5 tells from groups asking me to be their support for the night....zipping around as Mercy as poo poo gets obliterated around me is very exhilarating and using the ability to escape hairy situations is also awesome!

Some maps and objectives I'm just all about playing Lucio though, it's fun to be able to DPS and environmental kill others and his ult is always clutch and turns the tide in a lot of games. One thing I love to do is if we get ulted by Zarya or Mei is I will AMP IT UP while right at the beginning of the ult and it usually saves the team from getting completely obliterated. Zen is fun and I wish I could play him more but a good number of teams have a widowmaker and I have been forced to immediately switch off or get wrecked.

10/10 blizzard, you did it again.