Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got super lucky with them a few years back.

Edit: jump on this now

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Invader-Zim-action-Figure-Lot-Palasides-/201578584910?nav=SEARCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

I really appreciate the help but I don't think I can deal with the level of "broken, try to figure out how from one pic lol" going on.

However you did lead me to look at eBay and I found a series 1 Zim MISB for $40, and I jumped right on that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell yeah, that's what's up.
Edit: I didn't notice the hosed up tallest or Gir. I just thought Ms Bitters' head was the only issue.

Yikes.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I had no idea anybody still cared about those Invader Zim figures... I have a bunch that I'd just as soon get rid of, but packing them up such that they wouldn't break in shipping seems like such a chore.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sometimes the aesthetics of POP! toys just works for some characters.

I have the 6" Godzilla, Donatello, Kylo Ren and Poe. That's good enough but they make so much more. The Rocky ones are neat too.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I have the POP xenomorph and Doomguy, and that's it. I was kinda tempted by the Independence Day alien, but passed on it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I have the POP Pink Batman

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
A friend gave me a Doomsday Pop and I bought myself Walter White and Saul Goodman Pops because the mezco figures all look like rear end.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Shut up about Pops, everybody, holy poo poo

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
wow the new Tusken Raider design looks dumb.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

wow the new Tusken Raider design looks dumb.

That's Chirico Cuvie from Armored Trooper Votoms. He only comes with the helmet so you can pose him dramatically casting it aside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8hwDQJRU7E

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Louisgod posted:

Finally, it makes sense. I guess I don't get the aesthetic appeal as they all look the same and have weird eyes. It'd be cool if they actually looked more like the character.

"They all look the same," he lamented on the page with all four Golden Girl Pops, "is that Bea Arthur or Claptrap? How can anyone tell?"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
My troll game is weak if I'm being taken seriously..

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
When Pops first came out they were way better quality, but since they've gotten every single license on earth the quality has taken a nosedive. Every now and then you see one that really stands out though. I still kinda like them though, because they're an inexpensive way to get stuff from franchises that usually don't have anything else on the market.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Travis343 posted:

I like comic books where people wear weird, colorful clothing in simple, effective designs that communicate visually what I need to know about a character. I don't like character designs where there are a million little busy tidbits competing for attention and every visible surface has a bunch of words and like stickers and slogans and so on. I don't like designs that look like the initial sketch was passed around a roomful of marketing executives and each one scribbled on a different tattoo or accessory, and instead of working them into a polished, cohesive design, they just ran with literally everything on the paper at the end.

Good comic book outfits- I mean the really, really good ones that stick in people's minds - have been worked over by talented people to communicate more with less, because they know they're going to have to draw this loving thing for 22 pages a month, and they need people to know what they're looking at at a glance. You could communicate "dangerous garbage humans you don't want anything to do with" without a slapdash miasma of half-formed ideas like that. They look like wait staff at Crazy Clown's Family Dining Circus and they're wearing all the 'flair' they can so they don't get chewed out by the boss. They look like they were pulled off of the DeviantArt of some 9th grader who blocks people if they suggest maybe a second draft would be in order because they can't handle criticism. They Are Not Good Designs.

gently caress Pops, too, while I'm at it.

I agree that as you're saying these designs are not what they could be, and I doubt the Joke/Harley/The Rest the look they do because of the reasoning that some people have been talking about here, ie, bad people doing bad things. All the Suicide Squad designs seem very much the product of round table deliberation. That said, I do think that the effect still works, even if it's not intentional.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

My biggest issue is the "here's who i am" text description tattoos. Everything else is fine.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Shut up about Pops, everybody, holy poo poo

God bless ThreeZero, Scopedogs are basically the best robot design and its good to see them in 1/12 scale again.

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe

Why cookie Rocket posted:

My biggest issue is the "here's who i am" text description tattoos. Everything else is fine.

Yeah, for me the tattoos ( especially the one on his forehead) and the silver teeth are the only problems I have. Most of the figures seem to be making him in the Arkham pants and purple crocodile coat, but I think that the black tuxedo with the flower and the purple shirt with the silver suit jacket look fine and would prefer figures of those.

Out of all the outfits seen the one with the purple coat is the one I don't like, but it looks more like he got a coat somewhere and put it on so he wouldn't be running around in just pants from the asylum.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

i

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I had no idea anybody still cared about those Invader Zim figures... I have a bunch that I'd just as soon get rid of, but packing them up such that they wouldn't break in shipping seems like such a chore.

Ooh, I might PM you if you have the last few I'm looking for.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Schrecken posted:

Yeah, for me the tattoos ( especially the one on his forehead) and the silver teeth are the only problems I have. Most of the figures seem to be making him in the Arkham pants and purple crocodile coat, but I think that the black tuxedo with the flower and the purple shirt with the silver suit jacket look fine and would prefer figures of those.

Out of all the outfits seen the one with the purple coat is the one I don't like, but it looks more like he got a coat somewhere and put it on so he wouldn't be running around in just pants from the asylum.

I'm fine with the silver teeth because the Joker gets punched in the face a lot and I can see the Joker going with metallic teeth because it's kind of funny. Or could at least lead to a lot of Joker-style dad jokes ("dazzling smile," etc). But that stupid loving forehead tattoo. Man, in this day and age they could erase it from the entire movie and all marketing materials for like $5 but they are really going forward with it, which blows my mind.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The tattoos are garbage, but what really makes me hate the Leto Joker are all the loving try-hard behind the scenes stories that have been "leaked". Sending dead animals and used condoms to his castmates and staying in character for days on end, etc. We get it dude, following Ledger is going to be tough, but promoting yourself as this dumb loving angsty millennial Joker is just laughably bad.

Which, I suppose, is probably his desired reaction but it still doesn't make me want to see his movies. It makes me want to avoid them at all cost.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 26, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Leto was doing that poo poo before Ledger was anything but a gay cowboy.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Harley has tattoos on her thighs that are clearly self done, and those I have no problem with. If the Joker's were the same, that'd be fine too. especially if they were all terrible looking on his right arm because he's right handed. They're supposed to be fresh out of prison Harley and Joker, so home-made tattoos aren't a bad idea.

But Joker has these massive, clearly professionally done tattoos. That doesn't make me think dangerous. That makes me think that during the week he's gonna wash off his makeup, put on a nice pair of slacks, and bag my groceries at Whole Foods.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

Harley has tattoos on her thighs that are clearly self done, and those I have no problem with. If the Joker's were the same, that'd be fine too. especially if they were all terrible looking on his right arm because he's right handed. They're supposed to be fresh out of prison Harley and Joker, so home-made tattoos aren't a bad idea.

But Joker has these massive, clearly professionally done tattoos. That doesn't make me think dangerous. That makes me think that during the week he's gonna wash off his makeup, put on a nice pair of slacks, and bag my groceries at Whole Foods.

I'm trying to picture the Joker, as established in everything ever, sitting down and staying still for long enough to get those done so well. Maybe this Joker is just a spoiled Juggalo instead.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I just think that the Joker is at his best when he's amusing himself, and his jokes (however dark they are) should at least be somewhat amusing to the audience. Lethal hand buzzer? Hilarious. Forcing someone into an ironic "Sophie's choice"? Classic. Cutting off his own face and stapling it back on? Not my thing AT ALL but I can make out the punchline from here. What's the gag with the tattoos? To badly misquote "mad love" from memory, "if you have to explain the punchline it's not a joke." I'm still a DC fan deep down (in spite of DC being unreadably bad for like...over a decade) so I hope that it'll all make sense in context but holy poo poo the tattoos are off-putting.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Duke Igthorn posted:

And prepare to change your minds people who hate Pops:

Look what you'll be buying in July
(I, unironically, will be)

Why did they give them the Lord of the Rings font for the title?

EDIT - I guess the one from the title card of the show is probably too long to print well in that little rectangle, but it still looks weird.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 27, 2016

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Perry Normal posted:

Nothing escapes the Eye of Dorothy.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

... laughably bad ...

Heh... The Joker... laughably bad... get it...

...I'll see myself out.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The tattoos are garbage, but what really makes me hate the Leto Joker are all the loving try-hard behind the scenes stories that have been "leaked". Sending dead animals and used condoms to his castmates and staying in character for days on end, etc. We get it dude, following Ledger is going to be tough, but promoting yourself as this dumb loving angsty millennial Joker is just laughably bad.

Which, I suppose, is probably his desired reaction but it still doesn't make me want to see his movies. It makes me want to avoid them at all cost.

Erm... It's called Method acting. It's not new or try-hard.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Doctor Zero posted:

Erm... It's called Method acting. It's not new or try-hard.

It's not new, but it's pretty try-hard

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The movie will probably be terrible, like just about all things DC.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Perry Normal posted:

It's just mocked up packaging.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Weirdly enough I have a little more faith in this movie being "good" than the upcoming Snyder ones.

Mainly because they did some reshoots and have said they were going for a more humorous feel, and holy gently caress someone might crack a smile in a DC movie and not immediately die or wish their son let a bunch of kids drown instead of saving em.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Duke Igthorn posted:

And prepare to change your minds people who hate Pops:

Look what you'll be buying in July
(I, unironically, will be)

I've realised I have an issue here. It's Dorothy. Her clothes are too normal. Any fan will tell you Dorothy had the worst and weirdest taste.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Louisgod posted:

I don't know anything about the comics or the DC universe and hated that stupid Batman/Superman movie but think that Suicide Squad looks cool. I agree the Joker looks stupid but he isn't going to have that same pose/expression the whole movie so maybe I won't care that he has a tattoo

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I hope World of Nintendo branches out sometime. I would kill for like a Mac and some of the other boxers. King Hippo at least, Bald Bull would be cool. They own the license to all I believe except Tyson.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Louisgod posted:

:lol:

Whatever dude.

Anyways, threezero just put out a teaser for their TMNT figures based off Eastmans redesigns. They look pretty sweet!

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
You guys may have already seen, but Hasbro's upcoming X-Men line is going to be kind of amazing.

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=20238

- BAF Juggernaut
- Brown suit Wolverine, with removable hands, and a new sculpt.
- A good version of Jim Lee Rogue
- Classic Phoenix
- Kitty Pryde with Lockheed
- Havok
- Modern Cable
- Modern Deadpool
- Best Iceman I've seen at a 6" scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

^^^ :argh: beaten

So there will be 8 figures total in this wave which means the case pack out is going to be 1 of each. Good luck finding a Deadpool at retail :lol: