Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I like Voyager the same way I like seasons 1 and 2 of TNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

I never understood why Star Trek's costumes were so awful. They were either generic impractical jumpsuits or goofy stuff like that. It was actually a big deal that Babylon 5's uniforms had pockets. I guess pockets are a lost technology in the Star Trek universe.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Velcro belts are the future

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Velcro belts are the future

Created by vulcans trapped on earth in the sixties

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Action Jacktion posted:

I never understood why Star Trek's costumes were so awful. They were either generic impractical jumpsuits or goofy stuff like that. It was actually a big deal that Babylon 5's uniforms had pockets. I guess pockets are a lost technology in the Star Trek universe.

I always liked the Enterprise jumpsuit.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Enterprise Cumstained Jumpsuit

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Chomp8645 posted:

Enterprise Cumstained Jumpsuit

:riker:

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Action Jacktion posted:

Didn't that have to do with some bullshit from Roddenberry about people evolving beyond the need for personal possessions? Or is that just some mis-remembered bullshit internet story?

God, so much of the worst poo poo about TNG and the later series just goes right back to him.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

So very tempted to buy a new av

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

go3 posted:

Specialties and Disintegration owned so loving much

I wanted to find a video of someone disintegrating from this game but no luck. Their drawn out scream as they disappeared was haunting...

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

So very tempted to buy a new av

I may beat you to this.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

treiz01 posted:

I wanted to find a video of someone disintegrating from this game but no luck. Their drawn out scream as they disappeared was haunting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpNmE7XygsQ

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Im the TNG dudes meniskirt

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Awww yeahhhh that's what I wanted

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Action Jacktion posted:

There's one TNG episode where guest star James Cromwell has this insane outfit where it's a blue turtleneck sweater with a weird collar, and over top is this suit jacket that is attached to pants to make an odd sort of jumpsuit. It's wonderful.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
this thread needs more seven of nine and chase masterson I want to see their brains

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
We need to do a special edition of Star Trek First Contact. We update it so that in the 2060s, James Cromwell walking with a T-shirt with an ancient internet meme on it, has an entire retro 3DS game collection he's been building since he was a teenager and a the music he listens to with the Vulcans is a hit from his youth by someone like Miley Cyrus, Kanye, or Beiber.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I liked the one that took place 1000 years in the future and he had to convince a museum curator the voyager crew weren't Nazis

this one is cool because it validates holocaust denial

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

cheerfullydrab posted:

There's one TNG episode where guest star James Cromwell has this insane outfit where it's a blue turtleneck sweater with a weird collar, and over top is this suit jacket that is attached to pants to make an odd sort of jumpsuit. It's wonderful.

Always post pics of cool star trek outfits that get mentioned.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

this thread needs more seven of nine and chase masterson I want to see their brains

Always post pics of hootchie mama outfits every time Chase gets mentioned

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

shadow puppet of a posted:

Always post pics of cool star trek outfits

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

lmao

Always post pics of hootchie mama outfits every time Chase gets mentioned

:eyepop: thank you

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ok so was all of star trek really just sisko being crazy and writing on walls or what????

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

drat I love that thing. I didn't know formal jumpsuits existed. And those excessively padded shoulders!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

ok so was all of star trek really just sisko being crazy and writing on walls or what????

No, it's O'Brien's pathetic holo sweet fantasy. That thread was fabulous by the way.

The biggest disappointment of Star Trek was never showing the full glory of Vulcan Love Slave.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Automatic Slim posted:

No, it's O'Brien's pathetic holo sweet fantasy. That thread was fabulous by the way.

The biggest disappointment of Star Trek was never showing the full glory of Vulcan Love Slave.

Ok i'm going to say it, with the exception of the episode of Geordi getting shut down on the beach, every holodeck episode is poo poo.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

If we are talking fashion I have to point out that Klim Dokachin was the sharpest dressed man in any quadrant he set foot in.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

If we are talking fashion I have to point out that Klim Dokachin was the sharpest dressed man in any quadrant he set foot in.

is that one of the retarded aliens?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ahem

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ok i'm going to say it, with the exception of the episode of Geordi getting shut down on the beach, every holodeck episode is poo poo.

What about the TNG Moriarty episodes?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
its poo poo, jim

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Could a retarded alien dress with all the flair and crisp line work of a tube of grocery store wasabi?

Oh, turns out he was a Zakdorn. Same as the stratagema master Sirna Kolrami.

*whispers* such a handsome race.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 27, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Could a retarded alien dress with all the flair and crisp line work of a tube of grocery store wasabi?

oh wait is that the alien that had the junkyard? and they hid in it and blasted the dudes?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

These guys are super smart at strategy and complete assholes.

gently caress my life that I know this poo poo.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 22, 2022

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Automatic Slim posted:

No those are Packlets. These guys are super smart a strategy and and complete assholes.

it's ok, I know a shameful amount about marvel comics :kiddo:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Automatic Slim posted:

No those are Packlets. These guys are super smart a strategy and and complete assholes.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
on second thought we should kill ourselves for wasting our lives

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
Starfleet professional Deanna Troi had to pretend she wanted to see his snake so that the Enterprise could solve a mystery that went right to the heart of the Romulan government #hatework #notreally #chocolate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

on second thought we should kill ourselves for wasting our lives