Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Minrad posted:

salt/autism post coming up :buddy:

Played a fun Mei game, guy on the other team disagreed

rather then argue or ignore complaints about Mei being OP, I challenged him

he lost pretty hard and I got POTG, the guy telling someone to lynch themselves over picking a character in a video game tried to play the "u mad" card

and a mediocre potg wherein he dies to wrap things up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ1-werxfpo

this owns lmao

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Countblanc posted:

assuming you mean the kill feed, it's somewhere in the options menu.

if you mean an actual scoreboard, well, i have bad news friend

I've got the killfeed I mean a score board where you see eliminations and deaths and poo poo like that. It's hard to tell who I need to switch for or who I can replace on my team with just a general thought on how the game is going.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Kenshin posted:

Also, use Pharah on Lijiang Towers always. There are SO many opportunities to knock people off the map. In this match 6 of my eliminations came from knocking people off the map (mostly on the section with narrow bridges)

Pharah on the Napal variation with the enormous pit right next to the point is so easy to get those environmental kills with, too. It's fantastic.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Scoreboard helps me determine who is worth queueing with further or kicking out of my group for being bad, I don't like this false equivalency the current system provides

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

flashman posted:

I've got the killfeed I mean a score board where you see eliminations and deaths and poo poo like that. It's hard to tell who I need to switch for or who I can replace on my team with just a general thought on how the game is going.

well too bad, because Toxicity

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Countblanc posted:

assuming you mean the kill feed, it's somewhere in the options menu.

I don't mind the lack of a scoreboard but the killfeed should be on by default, it'd help people realize their teammates are dead so maybe running in 1vs6 isn't such a great idea.

Also they need to fix it so it isn't reversed. Gets me every time :saddowns:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
It's so much fun putting Symmetra's turrets on a high roof and watching people spaz out trying to find it. :allears:

Just sucks that tonight every team seems to have one person with a brain that can seperate and burst me down when I'm playing Lucio or Mercy. :argh:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Spiros posted:

Scoreboard helps me determine who is worth queueing with further or kicking out of my group for being bad, I don't like this false equivalency the current system provides

In-game awareness should be enough to see how bad someone is doing, e.g., one match I played my team was getting rocked by a Pharah hard and our S76 did gently caress all about it the entire match. Post-game, I right-clicked that player in my 'recently played with' list and set it to avoid him. Heh.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why do people not take the teleporter :psyduck:

In TF2 you had loving waiting lines for the teleporter because everyone refused to walk. Now everyone can barrel through it and they all ignore it in favor of the half minute hike back to the point.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

limited posted:

It's so much fun putting Symmetra's turrets on a high roof and watching people spaz out trying to find it. :allears:

Just sucks that tonight every team seems to have one person with a brain that can seperate and burst me down when I'm playing Lucio or Mercy. :argh:

i played a brawl game as mercy. i had dreams of rezzing my team mates non stop but there was a junkrat on the other team who made it his life mission to make sure every single tire fire chased me specifically. some people actually focus on the healer :eyepop:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if in-game awareness is enough to tell who is bad, why is it bad to have a scoreboard since people can apparently divine who to bm anyway

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Internet Kraken posted:

In TF2 you had loving waiting lines for the teleporter because everyone refused to walk. Now everyone can barrel through it and they all ignore it in favor of the half minute hike back to the point.

i dont take it if the point isn't being actively fought over or is about to be fought over. i also consider how many charges are left - if there's one i'll probably take it regardless so my symmetra can start building another

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
You people who are Hardcore enough to kick people for not being good enough are the reason they made this system.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Countblanc posted:

if in-game awareness is enough to tell who is bad, why is it bad to have a scoreboard since people can apparently divine who to bm anyway

Not saying having a scoreboard is bad—I wouldn't mind seeing more stats on-the-fly. I'm just saying I don't think it's entirely necessary.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

People are going to get mad regardless if theres a scoreboard or not, it'll just be at poo poo like someone picking widowmaker or DVA, or someone messing up an easily visible skill like an ice wall. At least they didn't take away all chat from this thing like HOTS or Hearthstone..

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
okay so me, my brother and a friend have been testing comps for competitive play, these are the results:

5 Hanzos and a Mercy on Egypt defense: didn't work too well. Turns out Soldiers and Tracers can stop us dead on our tracks.

4 Widowmakers, a Hanzo and a Mercy on Egypt offense: we actually capped A super fast, then Winstons (who is in need of a nerf, I believe) stopped our offensive on B. 3 Widowmakers and 2 Hanzos would probably be an improvement, seeing that a double SONO CHI NO SADAME got us halfway to capping the point.

6 Soldiers on Watchpoint defense: we won easy, held the second checkpoint. Should be the default for comp play, it has healing, range, damage and speed.

6 McCrees on Watchpoint offense: we lost easy. McCree is a weak character, easily stopped by Meis and Bastions. He can't heal and he's not amazing at long range.

3 Reinhardts, a Bastion, a Soldier and a Lúcio on Numbani defense: okay, I wanted to do 4 Reins 2 Bastions, but turns out the Soldier complimented our formation quite well. Held first point.

Shoutouts to the pubbies that were willing to put up with this nonsense, in name of science.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Countblanc posted:

Because it stops the sort of people who can't team play but then get a high number on the board and start calling people poo poo.
In hots its "look at my siege damage!"
Their mercy has more healing (because they are playing safer) you're poo poo! Winston why don't you have like any kills!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

flashman posted:

People are going to get mad regardless if theres a scoreboard or not, it'll just be at poo poo like someone picking widowmaker or DVA, or someone messing up an easily visible skill like an ice wall. At least they didn't take away all chat from this thing like HOTS or Hearthstone..

People get mad basically arbitrarily, when I was playing Paladins this last week it was pretty common for the person who did the worst to just offer "sigh..." and "shoot them!!" any time we'd lose a round because there was no way to confirm how well/poorly someone was doing until the post-game scoreboard. I had games where my friend and I would have 80%+ of the team's damage and there were still people getting fussy. People are just salty when they lose and are really bad at being introspective.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Internet Kraken posted:

Last night I sprinted through a teleporter on S76 and there was an enemy Reaper waiting for me on the other end..I shot him right in the head the moment I came out and saw him it was glorious.

Take teleporters.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
the most hanzo of plays, two simultaneous dragonstrikes that do nothing, followed by both hanzos killing each other with scatter arrow :hellyeah:

also last night a Genji managed to head shot me with dragonstrike's arrow, feels bad man.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just look up the career profile of the players you think did bad on your team post-game to confirm your ESPORTS analysis.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

teagone posted:

In-game awareness should be enough to see how bad someone is doing, e.g., one match I played my team was getting rocked by a Pharah hard and our S76 did gently caress all about it the entire match. Post-game, I right-clicked that player in my 'recently played with' list and set it to avoid him. Heh.

Yeah, I've been able to do that in the past, but it'd be nice for the information to be cataloged so I can know more easily. Like if there was such a scoreboard you'd get an idea of where people should be in terms of damage healing etc at certain points in the game and it would also make it easier to tell if your opponents were good or your teammates bad imo but whatever, its blizzard, rip

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

teagone posted:

Just look up the career profile of the players you think did bad on your team post-game to confirm your ESPORTS analysis.

Says here they've got 6 hours on Widowmaker and average 2 eliminations a game

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

flashman posted:

While its true shitters will find any reason to get mad , the lack of a scoreboard leaves out an easy convenient excuse to give others a lovely time.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Minrad posted:

Says here they've got 6 hours on Widowmaker and average 2 eliminations a game

:drat: Or maybe, Widowmaker clocked in 8 hours with a 20% win rate. GAME IS TELLING YOU SOMETHING YO.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Drakes, are you, um, bad at overwatch or something. I'm sorry if we're hurting your feelings. We just don't want to play with you.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
The more you care about a publicly visible scoreboard the more likely it is that you're the kind of bag of poo poo that made them not want to have one.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Brosnan posted:

The more you care about a publicly visible scoreboard the more likely it is that you're the kind of bag of poo poo that made them not want to have one.

id like to see the stats on this first before i start spamming the thread

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
First we had people defending being able to shout slurs at the opposite team, now people want to add a scoreboard in.

I don't think Blizzard games are for you.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

Spiros posted:

Drakes, are you, um, bad at overwatch or something. I'm sorry if we're hurting your feelings. We just don't want to play with you.

Seems legit.

I get really salty sometimes when I spend the whole match getting ganked with no tank in sight, but usually I try to consider that everyone is doing their job. Of course, sometimes you get mouthbreathers that AVOID Zen's ult when we needed a sustained push in Hollywood and I'll be an rear end in a top hat then I don't even give a gently caress.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

flashman posted:

Yeah, this. People rage cause they're feeling frustrated while losing and want to lash out on somebody, not having a scoreboard doesn't change that.

The real reason there isn't one is that they want people who are bad at the game to enjoy it and feel good too. Same reason kills and assists got combined into "eliminations" (and they hid the killfeed to maintain the illusion for casual players).

Now, as a powergaming goony goon I'd like to see the full scoreboard and my KDA and poo poo, but if not having it means I get to play this with friends who aren't usually into shooters I'm ok with that.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Spiros posted:

you will never have mathematical proof of how bad i am sorry

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i would rather not so more people have a good time

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

you will never have mathematical proof of how bad i am sorry

gently caress

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Whoever admins the discord server please for the love of all things do this:

Click the three horizontal bars next to your server name at the top left to open server settings.
Set a channel as the designated "AFK" channel.
Set an AFK timer.

There are a lot of people just afk/idle in nearly ever room all the time.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Spiros posted:

No need to be a dick, and jokes aside, the game does make it fairly easy for you to avoid players you don't want to play with.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The scoreboard wouldn't even be that accurate since assists count as kills

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tbh its enough that I can badger my hyper-competitive cs friends into admitting that it was I, spiros, who got the golds in damage and eliminations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
also it's a pain to type on latam servers because you have a bunch of spanish speakers that like to pretend portuguese is unreadable to them and will slur the gently caress out of you because latin america isn't hosed enough that people can't hate neighbouring countries, but if you do english you never know if people can understand you and if your attempt at calling out an ult push will result in sadness.