Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Finally beat the game for the first time, took 23 hours.

I lucked out and got the Raiden Gun + Backup Gun Item. The Raiden auto-targets through walls in 360degrees so all I had to do was run into each room and let the double-beam cleave the entire room.

First time fighting the Dragun as well, used the Raiden gun to take off 3/4ths of his health. He was considerably easier than the fourth level bosses especially in his final mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Yeah, high priest is the hardest boss for me to flawless. The dark phase, the random wall bullets and that he has a poo poo load of health are all bullshit.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Klaus Kinski posted:

Yeah, high priest is the hardest boss for me to flawless. The dark phase, the random wall bullets and that he has a poo poo load of health are all bullshit.

Wall bullets are annoying, dark phase isn't too hard, just hide in the entrance hallway and dodge roll as needed.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Kuros posted:

Wall bullets are annoying, dark phase isn't too hard, just hide in the entrance hallway and dodge roll as needed.

I've taken to hiding in the doorway during the dark phase. The High Priest's response was to spawn the bullet sparks directly in said doorway. Twice in a row.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
It's not too hard, it's just that he has a lot of health already and if he decides to chain it, the fight takes forever.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I slightly updated the room reward script, since i hosed up and previously you only got a reward 85% of the time :v:

That was still more than enough to turn the game into casual fun mode, but damnit when i say a drop after every room, i stand by my word.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I can clear the normal game ez every time but I still haven't killed the litch and I'm at 40 deaths. Once I get to hell shotgrubs just rip me apart. I don't know how to deal with them *at all*.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The only reliable way i've found to deal with them is to kill them before they can shoot at you. Once their bullshit swirly wavy bullets start dancing around, you'd better start praying

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
For anyone who still hasn't finished their hunting quests and wants to speed them up a little, here's the Hunting Counter script updated for 1.0.9 64-bit:

http://pastebin.com/NNupwTNH

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

HenryEx posted:

I slightly updated the room reward script, since i hosed up and previously you only got a reward 85% of the time :v:

That was still more than enough to turn the game into casual fun mode, but damnit when i say a drop after every room, i stand by my word.

I thought I was just crazy, or that when I seemingly didn't get anything it was just like a single cap spawning underneath me or something (which I didn't think was possible, but...)

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 24, 2016

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

HenryEx posted:

For anyone who still hasn't finished their hunting quests and wants to speed them up a little, here's the Hunting Counter script updated for 1.0.9 64-bit:

http://pastebin.com/NNupwTNH

At this point I'm sticking out Shambling Rounds legit just to see how many days it'll take from start to finish.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
How do you actually use something like that? I've never been able to figure out Cheat Engine beyond pre-made tables.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Shima Honnou posted:

How do you actually use something like that? I've never been able to figure out Cheat Engine beyond pre-made tables.
I've never used pre made tables so a helping hand would be great.

It seems that I am the worst at games sine I haven't even seen the 5th floor yet after a lot of play time. It's fun but I am just kinda sick of its bullshit now and figure rewards from every room will let me play without feeling like my run is over because I took a couple of hits on the first 2 floors.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

If you know how to attach CheatEngine to the game, you just need to copy the RAW Paste Data from the links into your clipboard, and then paste it (with Ctrl + V for example) when the Cheat Engine window is in focus. It'll add the script in question to the CheatEngine table. You can also right click in the CheatEngine table section and select "Paste".

This way you can simply insert a script to an existing table you already use, and don't need to switch between pre-made tables or something like that.

vvv
That also works if you don't intend to use any other scripts

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 24, 2016

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

There's a download link to download that script as a text file. Download the text file, rename the extension from .txt to .CT

Open Gungeon, open Cheat Engine, tell Cheat Engine to look at the Gungeon process, open the script, kill a monster in the game, click on the square next to the script which will open 3 more squares, click on squares 2 and 3, kill another monster, the 3rd square is the value you want to change, right click on that line, change the value to 1 less than the amount of monsters you need to kill, go back and check with Frifle and Grey Mauser to make sure that they only want one more monster killed, turn off script and kill that last one.

The reason why you need to set it to one less is because Frifle and Grey don't flag correctly if you set it to the exact amount and may repeat a hunt. Such as I have their achievement completed, but still need to finish the Dragun hunt.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Btw, i've just changed the script so you don't have to Enter The Gungeon anymore. Just talk to Frifle before activating the script, then talk to him again to let the values update, and you can update the kill count right there from the Breach.

Script is still here at: http://pastebin.com/NNupwTNH

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Thanks for that.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Just demolished a run (and got my third past killed) with a lucky draw of the Particulator, holster, shadow bullets and potion of double vision. The Dragun went down like a chump.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Me, every time i play the pilot:

http://i.imgur.com/U9oMUhX.gifv

I loving hate that gun :argh:

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

HenryEx posted:

I find the pilot the easiest character to play - the initial gun isn't great, but the strength of his passives and the lockpicks can't be underestimated. He was my first past.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

HenryEx posted:

The spread on that gif seems way too high. It's a pretty inaccurate gun but I've never seen the bullets go 90 degrees from the gun like that.

edit - maybe it's a mouse vs controller thing?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
The eff is going on in that gif? The spread is like a 20-degree cone normally. It's one of the worst starters but not as bad as that gif.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
hes the guy that knows how to tweak the variables in this game remember

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

There's also a passive item that reduces accuracy.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 27, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The joke is that pilot's gun is bad ffs

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is there any cheat engine thing that can force-spawn a caped bullet? I let four of them go, but I've about run out of patience on it. Such a dumb way of unlocking a character.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Digirat posted:

The joke is that pilot's gun is bad ffs
Yeah, it was an attempt at hyperbolic humour.

Justin_Brett posted:

Is there any cheat engine thing that can force-spawn a caped bullet? I let four of them go, but I've about run out of patience on it. Such a dumb way of unlocking a character.
Not that i know of, but i've seen one on probably every run (though didn't always manage to keep them alive) after a past kill. You probably still got other stuff to unlock, just keep playing.

In other news, now i really wanna know what this is or does:

edit: now that i think about it, it's probably the mimic tooth necklace

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

HenryEx posted:

Not that i know of, but i've seen one on probably every run (though didn't always manage to keep them alive) after a past kill. You probably still got other stuff to unlock, just keep playing.

I know, but I want to play as the Bullet, he sounds fun. :( I've just been restarting the first floor over and over trying to get one to spawn, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I found four out of five of my caped bullets on the fourth or fifth floor, so grinding the first floor might not be the way to go for that.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Power of Pecota posted:

I found four out of five of my caped bullets on the fourth or fifth floor, so grinding the first floor might not be the way to go for that.

Yeah, but I know I've seen one on the first floor, so that seems less tedious to me than going down to the floors that have chaotic enough rooms I might end up accidentally killing one if it does show up.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:rock:

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
I have 300 hours in the game and I am still missing one item, Lies. I am decent at finding secret rooms and still have only seen one set of witches and never the quiz guy.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

AlexJade posted:

I have 300 hours in the game and I am still missing one item, Lies. I am decent at finding secret rooms and still have only seen one set of witches and never the quiz guy.

The guy who gives Lies is extremely rare. Although the devs were saying that they were going to put a surefire way to find him in the next patch.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Found a cape guy on the first floor finally. The Bullet is amazing. Unlocked the Robot too.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Bullet is ok. Mostly the sword is p. good. I seem to find Blasphemy every time i play as the Marine in alternate costume. Not sure if weird coincidence or intentional easter egg. It kinda sucks that it doesn't play very nice with Metronome, though. If you kill an enemy via sword swipes, it doesn't count towards Metronome, only kills with the beam do. Which makes Metronome worthless on less than full health. :(

Speaking of metronome: If you're like me and annoyed that it kinda prevents you from picking up new weapons if you want to use it effectively... I made a fix via CE script. It prevents you from losing your metronome bonus when you switch weapons. It'll still be gone when getting hit though (not sure why the switch loss is even in the game tbh):

http://pastebin.com/dXtEvF9t

By the way, in doing this, i figured out that every Metronome kill gives you +2% damage, for a maximum weapon damage of 250% (or +150%, so 75 kills).

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

HenryEx posted:

Bullet is ok. Mostly the sword is p. good. I seem to find Blasphemy every time i play as the Marine in alternate costume. Not sure if weird coincidence or intentional easter egg. It kinda sucks that it doesn't play very nice with Metronome, though. If you kill an enemy via sword swipes, it doesn't count towards Metronome, only kills with the beam do. Which makes Metronome worthless on less than full health. :(

Speaking of metronome: If you're like me and annoyed that it kinda prevents you from picking up new weapons if you want to use it effectively... I made a fix via CE script. It prevents you from losing your metronome bonus when you switch weapons. It'll still be gone when getting hit though (not sure why the switch loss is even in the game tbh):

By the way, in doing this, i figured out that every Metronome kill gives you +2% damage, for a maximum weapon damage of 250% (or +150%, so 75 kills).

Ha ha, man, I thought long and hard about picking up a scrambler after clearing two floors with the metronome and the AK 47 earlier today. I still got to the past that run so it didn't matter I guess but it would be nice to do away with that.

Also I guess it makes it work in blessed runs now.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

HenryEx posted:

Metronome is awesome for blasphemy though. You have a sword for bullet killing to keep from losing the stack and a increasingly stronger sword beam that pierces with no damage penalty

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Metronome is awesome for blasphemy though. You have a sword for bullet killing to keep from losing the stack and a increasingly stronger sword beam that pierces with no damage penalty

HenryEx posted:

Which makes Metronome worthless on less than full health. :(

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Well don't get hit then!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What you counted as "awesome for Blasphemy" is just Blasphemy itself, and then a third of the bonus that Metronome gives almost all other guns. :shrug:

If you don't get hit, why would you need Blasphemy to destroy bullets