Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frisky
Apr 2, 2012

What turtle?
I'm the guy playing scarlet, sitting at the back and missing shots not giving a fuuuck :synpa:

Frisky fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

CrashCat posted:

three damage per tick? no wonder i literally couldn't kill anything with Winston

He's just a big damage sponge meant to keep the enemy team distracted while your teammates kill them all.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Last night a player was upset that we didn't follow his plan to make a team comprised of turrets, turret builders, and shieldman.

He then called us rear end when we didn't win the round.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

thathonkey posted:

either that or you can pay for an amazon VM located in your city and use it to do all the gaming stuff

:lol: at any rate that looks like an interesting CJ session, thanks!

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i like playing as roadhog but i kind of feel like hes basically useless

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I watched my buddy play him and it's actually you

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Batterypowered7 posted:

Nah, some nerds went and made this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pYTwn2xI1OaXPGv2qF1lNaNwlxAedprujWlEv-AkNec/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Even Mercy's peashooter can take out most character sin 10 hits, and it fires pretty quickly.

lol no falloff

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Das Butterbrot posted:

a game that was released almost a decade ago has more content than a new game? WTF!

It was more the fact they stuck them in loot boxes

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Batterypowered7 posted:

He's just a big damage sponge meant to keep the enemy team distracted while your teammates kill them all.
oh well if it depends on teamwork then I definitely should never pick it.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

It's funny that 90% of the stuff you get in the loot crates are sprays/player icons/voice lines, when TF2 let you customize most of that poo poo yourself(and has way more + better voice lines for each character).

drat that's pure distilled treadmill right there. But like, in a gold cup.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
how does the economy work in Overwatch anyway, can you just buy skins etc? trade them? if not is blizz just relying on one time purchase fee for revenue? season pass, xpacs etc?

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Internaut! posted:

how does the economy work in Overwatch anyway, can you just buy skins etc? trade them? if not is blizz just relying on one time purchase fee for revenue? season pass, xpacs etc?

blind boxes

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
thats all? how are dupes handled?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Internaut! posted:

thats all? how are dupes handled?

If you get a dupe it gives you currency instead with which you can buy anything at all

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress all characters with shields

that is all

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
YES i was hoping somebody would post an overrwatch thread !!!!

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Revenants Return posted:

.53 cents per hour to play a game after doing a 30 step process that includes things like
"Edit the client.ovpn file to have your server’s IP in it"

I think I'll take a pass on this one OP. Thanks but no thanks

That's the best price because the guide uses "spot prices", "normal" price is .67 more an hour. Amazon US-East "spot prices" right now are as high as $7.67 an hour, :lol:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i was just joking about playing that way i just think it's cool

wacky tacky kathy
May 26, 2016

by zen death robot

the great deceiver posted:

if u add me back to steam i will give u a copy of midair i think i am getting like 10 early access alpha keys of 170 dollar value each :-D

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"Overwatch?" More like "Overrated." :smug:

wacky tacky kathy
May 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

"Overwatch?" More like "Overrated." :smug:

cuckboi

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The biggest advantage Overwatch has vs TF2 are the movement based abilities. In TF2 there was just the scout who was fast and could double jump but in Overwatch most characters have some way of flying around, climbing up walls, dashing in a certain direction, etc. It makes the game very fun IMO

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
demoman was most mobile class tyvm

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
In 2016, Blizzard Entertainment released an fps in which you can only change your mouse sensitivity using a slider that doesn't even display the exact value it's on.

They have also said they hope this fps will become a popular "competitive esport" game.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

If you can play more then 4 or 5 classes in "competitive" then I'll consider it a success

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
im the suckboy having a flip about mouse sensitivity in a game where even the most generic healing hero can slingshot herself around the map grinding on allies like pipes in a tony hawk game

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
overwatch has good butts

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

im the suckboy having a flip about mouse sensitivity in a game where even the most generic healing hero can slingshot herself around the map grinding on allies like pipes in a tony hawk game

Maybe read the second of two sentences before ramming down on the reply button?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

proof of concept posted:

In 2016, Blizzard Entertainment released an fps in which you can only change your mouse sensitivity using a slider that doesn't even display the exact value it's on.
to be fair even when there is a value shown, it's usually in some arbitrary unit that makes no sense to me anyway

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I just look up a converter when I want to play a new game :shrug:

I don't care that much, it's just funny that they want it to be an esports game and then do stuff like that

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

proof of concept posted:

They have also said they hope this fps will become a popular "competitive esport" game.

"Look at all these games that are getting super popular lately. I want me some o' dat since the WoW gravy train slowed down a little. Slap some poo poo together, folks!"

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
Can't wait to see Blizzard buy their way into making this casual game an e-sport.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

He's basically best used to punish people overextending beyond where they can be traded.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Kehveli posted:

He's basically best used to punish people overextending beyond where they can be traded.

can you break down what you just said to me because i dont really understand it and i really do like roadhog

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

can you break down what you just said to me because i dont really understand it and i really do like roadhog

He's a candy-rear end.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
This game is really good Chinatown we should play it together.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ya this weekend I'm gonna get some good sessions in I've just been busy with adult things this week.

Welp! At least I have disposable income!!!

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

ya i wanna play with some gbs goons too

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

not goons from like games or something because theyre loving horrible nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

ya i wanna play with some gbs goons too

It's always been my dream to have someone to play COOP with me on some old school ID games :smith:

• Locked thread