Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Iron Prince posted:

what's your battle.net BATTLE.NET#BATTLENAME and we can play a round to see if it sucks less as a lovely team

my battle.net name is #sarahpalin

i dont think im gonna play again tonight tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Applewhite posted:

I don't intend to play Battleborn but after watching its intro cartoon I have determined it to be the artistically superior game. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sai7jPmYg5k

that looks like pure distilled tumblr

on that note is mei literally an eskimo, like did blizzard dig so deep in the diversity bag they pulled out a tiny tribe of american indians? I assumed all the asian characters were japanese but apparently the cutesy girl driving the big robot is obviously(?) corean

edit: vvvvvvvv

skeevy achievements fucked around with this message at 10:35 on May 26, 2016

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

the dog has autoaim for if you are drunk or a palsied retard

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
why were there no strong woc (women of color) in the burger king kids club

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

the great deceiver posted:

why were there no strong woc (women of color) in the burger king kids club

cause the poor ate at mickey d's instead

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Internaut! posted:

that looks like pure distilled tumblr

I didn't see a single red nose, so I disagree. Got more of a Samurai-Shamploo-crossed-with-a-Gorillaz-video vibe. So it's real bad, but hits some nostalgia points for me. Also there's elves.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

lol the grandpa-soldier character gets 6 seconds of aimbotting as his powerup :corsair:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Internaut! posted:

on that note is mei literally an eskimo,

actually she is chinese

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

wayne curr posted:

lol the grandpa-soldier character gets 6 seconds of aimbotting as his powerup :corsair:

But the game is totally casual friendly! Anyone can get in and score kills with ease! *whiffs yet another full clip with a stupid potato gamepad*

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I didn't see a single red nose, so I disagree. Got more of a Samurai-Shamploo-crossed-with-a-Gorillaz-video vibe. So it's real bad, but hits some nostalgia points for me. Also there's elves.

the sped up version is better

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i watched a video of a really annoying guy playing the beta. looks kinda lame to me. the medic character is a straight rip from TF2 except apparently has no offensive prowess so why the gently caress would anyone want to paly as her at least the medic in TF2 had that dope rear end needle gun to syringe fools with

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

This is pretty cool.

Didn't really care about Battleborn before, but, yeah, poo poo, that's a fun video.

I hope Overwatch kills it fast (it will, just on the weight of the Blizzard brand alone, doesn't even matter how well they stack up) so it'll go on sale and I can pick it up for cheap just for its single player.

you're in luck they've already lowered the price from $60 to $40 and it's been out for less than a month lmao

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It was fun to play Medic and kill morons with the needle gun, they just assume that running in a straight line into a medic is a free kill.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
watchin the video just made me want to install TF2 and play that instead so i think ill pass thanks anyway blizzard. talk about a washed up shop

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It's funny that 90% of the stuff you get in the loot crates are sprays/player icons/voice lines, when TF2 let you customize most of that poo poo yourself(and has way more + better voice lines for each character).

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
This game looks like it would be bad unless you play with friends but I have no friends.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
tf2 ain't going no where since its f2p so have fun

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Berious posted:

This game looks like it would be bad unless you play with friends but I have no friends.

it'd be great if i wer like... a teenager or college student again. but would still probably play tf2 instead.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

thathonkey posted:

i watched a video of a really annoying guy playing the beta. looks kinda lame to me. the medic character is a straight rip from TF2 except apparently has no offensive prowess so why the gently caress would anyone want to paly as her at least the medic in TF2 had that dope rear end needle gun to syringe fools with

If you want to play a healer with offensive abilities you play Lucio or Zenyatta. If you want to play a healer with insane mobility and healing you play Mercy, who has offensive capabilities in that she can heavily buff an ally's damage. Then there's symmetra who doesn't really heal but can put shields on allies.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that seems like a lot

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
That's the point. Overwatch isn't about picking a class and sticking to it, it's about picking the right hero for the current situation.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Eh, Lucio isn't really offensive as you can only hit enemies running straight at you with his weak as pulse gun, his knockback is good though. Zenyatta is fun enough, but dies from a single widowmaker bodyshot which makes him extremely frustrating to play, and Symmetra lol 25 shields is literally nothing, she is all about the teleporter and auto aim turrets/gun

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
How is hero based fundamentally different from class based

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

thathonkey posted:

Phonetically

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

thathonkey posted:

You can sell more figurines and costumes for hero based.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Germstore posted:

That's the point. Overwatch isn't about picking a class and sticking to it, it's about picking the right hero for the current situation.

which is kind of weird they've put such a big emphasis on their character development and worldbuilding or whatever the gently caress

'just kind of switch between any of them on a whim at any time no matter who you're fighting. yeah, that makes sense with these mmo cinematic videos teaser videos we put up'

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Has anyone said bendoverwatch yet.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Ahundredbux posted:

you can be cute girls in this tho

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Milky Moor posted:

which is kind of weird they've put such a big emphasis on their character development and worldbuilding or whatever the gently caress

'just kind of switch between any of them on a whim at any time no matter who you're fighting. yeah, that makes sense with these mmo cinematic videos teaser videos we put up'

What are you talking about? A video doesn't play every time you switch characters.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
its a game about a world worth fighting for

i dont believe that this world is worth fighting for at all

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Wasn't there a tacobell promo for this game? How fitting.

I don't know if I can look at a blizzard game with out seeing that warcraft movie trailer anymore.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Redmanred posted:

Wasn't there a tacobell promo for this game? How fitting.
Yeah and I'm still mad I didn't win

but I didn't have to buy tacos either so :shrug:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

limaCAT posted:

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!

i swear it's true

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

thathonkey posted:

it's even more rock-paper-scissors-y

Milky Moor posted:

Overwatch assets are reused from Blizzards failed next gen MMO Titan so I'm sure internally at blizzard they have a lot more lore etc than your typical shooter

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

CrashCat posted:

I enjoyed the hell out of crowbar smacking people back in the day too but I wouldn't say Overwatch even has that kind of balance

Like every weapon was a legit threat in HL1, even the pistol only took a few shots to take someone out. Try shooting the wrong dude with the wrong weapon (character) in Overwatch and it'll just piss them off and get you dead when they notice

Nah, some nerds went and made this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pYTwn2xI1OaXPGv2qF1lNaNwlxAedprujWlEv-AkNec/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Even Mercy's peashooter can take out most character sin 10 hits, and it fires pretty quickly.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I got this game last night because of all the hype and hey it's actually pretty fun to come home after a grueling day at work to be able to sit down and play shootmans for like 20 minutes or whatever before I have to make dinner and do other poo poo. Definitely a cross between TF2 and League of Legends with less of the repetition of TF2 and without the huge time commitment of playing a match of League. Overall I think this is a pretty good game

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Batterypowered7 posted:

Nah, some nerds went and made this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pYTwn2xI1OaXPGv2qF1lNaNwlxAedprujWlEv-AkNec/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Even Mercy's peashooter can take out most character sin 10 hits, and it fires pretty quickly.
three damage per tick? no wonder i literally couldn't kill anything with Winston

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I got my first play of the game putting my second match ever as Bastion. Just mowing fuckers down one after the other in turret mode hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Broken Cog posted:

It's funny that 90% of the stuff you get in the loot crates are sprays/player icons/voice lines, when TF2 let you customize most of that poo poo yourself(and has way more + better voice lines for each character).

a game that was released almost a decade ago has more content than a new game? WTF!

• Locked thread