Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
It's like you all forgot about Secret Ponchos or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ah secret ponchos, the ps+ multiplayer game that somehow had a dead multiplayer on launch

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Stick it to the Man for me, that game was terrible.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Hardware: Rivals, a multiplayer only game that was just terrible. Secret Ponchos wasn't that bad, it was just that no one played it and it gave you no tutorial for it's unique gameplay.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

katkillad2 posted:

Dragon Fin Soup wasn't terrible and far from the worst PS+ game you turds.
It's the worst one I bothered to play :shrug:

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I think I've played Binding of Isaac more than any other game I own.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Safe Driver posted:

I think I've played Binding of Isaac more than any other game I own.

Wasn't spelunky another free one? Played that a ton. Seriously there's at least one free indie game that gets its hooks in you and helps justify the concept of free games. Like rocket league. That game has the population it deserves now.

Like would you pay 10 or 15 dollars less a year for PS+ that didn't give you free games? (assuming ps+ would still be required for online games)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

katkillad2 posted:

Dragon Fin Soup wasn't terrible and far from the worst PS+ game you turds.

I think it's because people had some sort of expectations for a PS Plus roguelike because of stuff like Binding of Isaac. Nobody really expects anything out of Reality Fighters.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
It took me a long time to understand The Binding of Isaac but for me now it's this. Although it took playing Rogue Legacy for me to understand it so the one-two combo of Rogue Legacy and Binding of Isaac for me.

Edit: best plus games that is

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Brightman posted:

Best period? Hmm....that list is longer to consider...yeah, gently caress, idk, the majority of PS3 stuff from like 2012 to mid-2014 was really stellar.

Sleeping Dogs. :colbert:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Yakuza 4

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

When PS+ started to become a serious thing, those initial seven retail games or whatever to me were the best because it was a huge deal. Also I think one of them was Saint's Row 2 and that game loving ruled.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The best PS+ game is easily Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

which was never a + game in NA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ineffiable posted:

Wasn't spelunky another free one? Played that a ton. Seriously there's at least one free indie game that gets its hooks in you and helps justify the concept of free games. Like rocket league. That game has the population it deserves now.

Like would you pay 10 or 15 dollars less a year for PS+ that didn't give you free games? (assuming ps+ would still be required for online games)

Yeah because the only plus game in the last year I really sunk a lot of time into was boi and then I had to buy it on PC to play the expansion anyway

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

In Training posted:

Yeah because the only plus game in the last year I really sunk a lot of time into was boi and then I had to buy it on PC to play the expansion anyway

I love BoI but I guess I somehow missed that the expansion actually came out on PS4 finally. I decided to check Steam to see what it cost and I see I never bought Rebirth on PC. There's a helpful bundle of Rebirth + Afterbirth that you can buy and save 0 cents! Oh hell yeah baby!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

I love BoI but I guess I somehow missed that the expansion actually came out on PS4 finally. I decided to check Steam to see what it cost and I see I never bought Rebirth on PC. There's a helpful bundle of Rebirth + Afterbirth that you can buy and save 0 cents! Oh hell yeah baby!

Yeah...it's not that bad though because it's still a relatively cheap game for the countless hours I've sunk into it and the expansion is really great so I can't complain.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

rabidsquid posted:

I love BoI but I guess I somehow missed that the expansion actually came out on PS4 finally.
it just came out on console a couple weeks ago

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

In Training posted:

Yeah...it's not that bad though because it's still a relatively cheap game for the countless hours I've sunk into it and the expansion is really great so I can't complain.

Oh yeah, considering the hours I've gotten out of Isaac I absolutely don't mind popping down $25 for that stuff, although I'll probably just check it out on PS4 first for whatever Afterbirth costs on psn

Awesome! posted:

it just came out on console a couple weeks ago

Well I am glad I haven't been missing it for a long time at least

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

InspectorCarbonara posted:

The best PS+ game is easily Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

I agree with this, just because

Awesome! posted:

which was never a + game in NA

:smug:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Still wish they would cut a deal to bring back some of the old PS3 games for those who subbed late

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

Still wish they would cut a deal to bring back some of the old PS3 games for those who subbed late

If they did this, it would be in place of a new game and if you think the bitching us bad when it's just a mediocre game that hasn't been put up yet you won't have seen anything yet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they could give the ones that had ps4 remasters out i guess.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i basically had to buy nothing except for P4G on my vita

everything else that was a big game was PS+

uncharted, gravity rush. lbp, wipeout, killzone, maybe minecraft? i forget

tearaway has really been the only big one i've been waiting on

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

Real hurthling! posted:

they could give the ones that had ps4 remasters out i guess.

they'd give out 3 hour ps now rentals of the game before doing that

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dont give them any ideas

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Does anyone even use psnow? I don't think I've ever read anyone on the forums mentioning that they do, anyhow.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive seen some people mention using it but not very many

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i tried it out with catherine on my ps3. it kept dropping the connection and i'd lose all progress.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Does anyone even use psnow? I don't think I've ever read anyone on the forums mentioning that they do, anyhow.

some people were talking about how they bought the 100 bucks for a year deal back in december

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

some people were talking about how they bought the 100 bucks for a year deal back in december

I'm one of these people. I'm enjoying it but you definitely need god-tier internet in terms of both speed and stability. I have a hunch Sony might do some major announcement involving it at E3.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

univbee posted:

I'm one of these people. I'm enjoying it but you definitely need god-tier internet in terms of both speed and stability. I have a hunch Sony might do some major announcement involving it at E3.

what else is left to announce at this point

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

100 dollar now/+ combo would be a fair deal imo. lots of poo poo i'd play

i'd also go for unlimited licenses to play some of the games. like 14.99 to play sotc or demons souls whenever i want without a ps3 would be ok idk.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

psp games, released 1 per month and none of the ones you want for 3.99 a day or w/e

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

A total pull-it-out-of-my-rear end offering would ramp up the selection considerably and maybe do something like "you can play any game you own digitally on PS3 if you have a PS+ sub".

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

univbee posted:

A total pull-it-out-of-my-rear end offering would ramp up the selection considerably and maybe do something like "you can play any game you own digitally on PS3 if you have a PS+ sub".

I would love to play MML and MML 2 on my PS4 instead of my PS3.

Also ME3, I've only beaten that once.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is there any metal slug anthology for ps3, or is it just the psp/ps2 one

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

axleblaze posted:

If they did this, it would be in place of a new game and if you think the bitching us bad when it's just a mediocre game that hasn't been put up yet you won't have seen anything yet.
oh no, i would be greatly saddened if i had to give up BCR2 or I Am Alive for a shot at something like Demon's Souls or Jet Set Radio

gently caress why would they have to give it up anyway, they can't be selling enough of those older games anymore to make more than an indie game slot, and i could do without another Savage Moon or The Last Guy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

Don't forget you also need to not have a bandwidth cap to chew through in a few nights of playing, oof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just buy demons souls it goes on sale for $5

• Locked thread