Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Quick question about hardware. My cat chewed through the cord on my sensor bar. Most of them seem to have the same prices. I can't tell if they're made by different companies or what, but is there a replacement that you guys generally suggest over the others?

Rexroom posted:

The frame rate jerks are just TP's way of registering hits with the sword.

Just got to that (yeah, I'm an idiot and couldn't find the sword) and yeeeeshhh that's jarring.

The jerkiness I was talking about was during some of the cut scenes oddly enough. Also, the character design of the villagers is downright hideous.

How come this game got an HD treatment when they could've just put that effort towards the new game? I looked at the old one and it doesn't look radically different (graphically anyway) and they could've just as easily put it on the VC.

I'm still keeping an open mind. Hope to god I get out of this village. Quite glad I got it on sale. Had I got this full price I'd probably be holding a grudge against it.

On a more optimistic note, are there any other games, 3DS or WII/WIIU, in line with Xenoblade X. So far that may be my favorite game on the console. I'm a little over half way through and it's just about edging out Bayonetta 2 as my favorite. I'm definitely gonna get the first one on the VC (or get a legit copy if I can find one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

SylvainMustach posted:

Quick question about hardware. My cat chewed through the cord on my sensor bar. Most of them seem to have the same prices. I can't tell if they're made by different companies or what, but is there a replacement that you guys generally suggest over the others?

you can literally just use a pair of candles, all the bar does is throw off infrared light. i doubt anyone makes the four leds better than anyone else

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SylvainMustach posted:

How come this game got an HD treatment when they could've just put that effort towards the new game?

It takes far less effort and money to remaster an old game vs making a new one (especially if you outsource most of the work, which they did) and it lets them buy time while they finish the next Zelda game.

That and people are glad to have opportunities to rebuy and replay these games, especially if they fix or improve them in some way.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

SylvainMustach posted:

How come this game got an HD treatment when they could've just put that effort towards the new game? I looked at the old one and it doesn't look radically different (graphically anyway) and they could've just as easily put it on the VC.

The effort put in was pretty negligible-- they farmed it out to a tiny third-party studio. Porting from Wii/GC was probably a fairly straightforward task, and art-wise they only really touched the textures, not the models. I doubt the project diverted any resources from the new upcoming title.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

deadly_pudding posted:

It's... pretty much how it works? Microsoft bought it from him for the billions of dollars that can't heal his sad-brain. I mean, I guess he might have some residuals in that contract, but I haven't heard anything about that.

Yeah now the money goes to Bill Gates, the owner of Microsoft.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

FYI, all Minecraft sales fund the upcoming 2017 release of the Xbox Mini, the Xbox Slim, and the Xbox 2. Fight this madness, boycott Minecraft!

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

oddium posted:

you can literally just use a pair of candles, all the bar does is throw off infrared light. i doubt anyone makes the four leds better than anyone else

haha thanks. Got it.

On a random note, does anyone think that the NX is going to be a bit behind, power wise, again considering the PS4NEO and Xbox scorpion or whatever on the horizon? Or is it complete speculation at this point.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SylvainMustach posted:

haha thanks. Got it.

On a random note, does anyone think that the NX is going to be a bit behind, power wise, again considering the PS4NEO and Xbox scorpion or whatever on the horizon? Or is it complete speculation at this point.

Probably, if the latest statements from Emily Rogers are any indication.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Probably, if the latest statements from Emily Rogers are any indication.

I dunno, a lot of people were pointing out her bad track record.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zelda Wii U may have two demos, totalling an hour and a half.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/05/two_extended_e3_demos_expected_for_the_legend_of_zelda_on_wii_u

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Probably one for the big open world to go horseback riding around in, and one for a dungeon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought they usually have three demos.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

greatn posted:

I thought they usually have three demos.

I remember this being the case in Twilight Princess; did Skyward Sword do that too?

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I REALLY hope they stick to their guns and keep the new Zelda as an open-ended, exploration-focused thing. To be honest I haven't enjoyed a 3D Zelda, ever. I've never enjoyed of doing "quests" for npcs - the quests are usually boring and I don't care about the NPCs. I'm sick of grinding 100 rupees so i can buy a wallet that holds 200 rupees, then 200 rupees so i can buy a wallet that holds 300 rupees, etc. I just want to explore a really big, cool overworld filled with colorful monsters and stumble upon dungeons in remote locations.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Zelda Souls

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Polo-Rican posted:

I just want to explore a really big, cool overworld filled with colorful monsters and stumble upon dungeons in remote locations.

Probably should have bought the Witcher 3, buddy.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Saoshyant posted:

Probably should have bought the Witcher 3, buddy.

I did! But I beat it already! And while the exploration and overworld in the Witcher is absolutely incredible I'd like something a little less quest-focused (even though The Witcher 3 has literally the best-written and most interesting quests of all time)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tipme posted:

Zelda Souls

Death to this idea.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Polo-Rican posted:

I did! But I beat it already!

Good news, then! The expansion just came out and it's glorious.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is it the whole game

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

smell this posted:

Is it the whole game

Doubtful.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
One is a demo of the game, the other is Aonuma hosting something akin to a TED Talk on BBW, noting how almost every NPC in the game now looks similar to Telma.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Viewtiful Jew posted:

One is a demo of the game, the other is Aonuma hosting something akin to a TED Talk on BBW, noting how almost every NPC in the game now looks similar to Telma.

I am ready for the greatest Zelda

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Polo-Rican posted:

I REALLY hope they stick to their guns and keep the new Zelda as an open-ended, exploration-focused thing. To be honest I haven't enjoyed a 3D Zelda, ever. I've never enjoyed of doing "quests" for npcs - the quests are usually boring and I don't care about the NPCs. I'm sick of grinding 100 rupees so i can buy a wallet that holds 200 rupees, then 200 rupees so i can buy a wallet that holds 300 rupees, etc. I just want to explore a really big, cool overworld filled with colorful monsters and stumble upon dungeons in remote locations.

That doesn't sound like anything I've had to do in a 3D Zelda

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Sakurazuka posted:

That doesn't sound like anything I've had to do in a 3D Zelda

The closest thing I can think of is either the Gold Skulltulas or the Biggoron Sword in Ocarina of Time.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Death to this idea.

No its perfect

I think he's saying zeldas are v streamlined with collecting heart pieces, getting new weps in dungeon with what feels like there's no real incentive to do much besides explore the ambiance of said game..you already know how the game rolls to a certain degree since theyve copy pasted the formula to death. I do hope they spruce it up a bit and make a unique Nintendo thing from it all

bef fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 27, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

bef posted:

No its perfect

Different franchises can and should do different things, and gamers should have less reductive expectations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Can't believe that in 18 days we'll finally get a title and info and stuff.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
You will love zelda souls once it comes out, it's only a matter of time

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Can't believe that in 18 days we'll finally get a title and info and stuff.

Title: Legend of Zelda
Info: it's still in development

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I wanto do a contest. Guess the Zelda name and I'll buy you an avatar. Whoever gets the closest wins.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

legend of zelda: Linkle's Compass

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time HD

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Legend of Zelda: The Hyrule Fantasy

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
The Legend of Zelda: Skyrim Sword

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

The Legend of Zelda: A Fantasy Harvest Moon

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's a game where Link/Zelda/Ganondorf team up to take on a greater threat and it's called Triforce Heroes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just The Legend of Zelda, so Nintendo can joke about the name being known the entire time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Legend of Zelda: Neat Xylophone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Legend of Zelda: Electric Zeldaloo