Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ultimately the best counter to a skilled Widowmaker is going to be an equally skilled Widowmaker just like how it is with every game that has to have a sniper. I would like to see one shooter go gently caress no to sniper garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Conan and two Games of Thrones stars play Overwatch very poorly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8bjvoHOSFs

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Sometimes your team composition just doesn't synergize well with Mercy. In those cases, I don't mind using my pistol more than usual. I got PotG in one round where I ran in, rezzed two people, then headshot a Widowmaker at long range with Mercy's pistol. Quite satisfying. I also hope that the killcam lets the enemy team hear your voice lines, because I bought "on a scale of 1-10, how much does it hurt" to troll those I kill as Mercy. I even killed a Bastion in turret form (facing my direction) with her by plinking away at his visible edges behind a pillar.

In Arcade mode, I fought an all-Torbjorn team defending on Gibraltar. It was pretty tough to deal with but we made it to the last point with a good amount of time, then hit a roadblock. Until I switched to Zarya. Zarya eats turrets for breakfast because they don't know to not fire and charge her weapon. I'm not good with Zarya, so it took a few tries and a second Zarya, but we did eventually manage to break through thanks to chain-shielding and Gravity Wells providing too much damage even for the mass Torbjorns to handle.

Also, I got a 100 MB patch or so for the game, no notes. Probably not important, just some bugfixes.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
The only thing that would make Reaper's mariachi skins better would be if mariachi music played when he ulted. Hanzo's ultimate makes a wolf howl instead of a dragon roar.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
420 trace it erryday

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

:chloe:

Gee, thanks, little frostbot... But i think i'll pass...

fruitfucker lives

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

:chloe:

Gee, thanks, little frostbot... But i think i'll pass...

This reminds me. Don't search for Overwatch on Tumblr. Even with blacklists for everything nsfw you can think of.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
mcree about to be nerfed into the loving ground, you heard it here first

well you probably didnt but still

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Kawabata posted:

mcree about to be nerfed into the loving ground, you heard it here first

well you probably didnt but still

Does this have any basis

Is he ruining a tourney or something right this moment

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I have this thing for switching to my nes zapper as Mercy and braining the enemy Widowmaker from across the field.
I would do it proper by switching to Widowmaker myself and engaging in an epic sniper vs. sniper duel, but i haven't learned how to channel the spirit of Caro.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Does this have any basis

Is he ruining a tourney or something right this moment

is he ruining a-

watch any vod from the latest gosugamers tourney or any tournament in the last 3 months, count the mcrees for each game

it's an average of 4

EDIT: seagull is streaming a team scrim as I post this, 4 mcrees, it's basically FanTheHammerWatch

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Kawabata posted:

is he ruining a-

watch any vod from the latest gosugamers tourney or any tournament in the last 3 months, count the mcrees for each game

it's an average of 4

EDIT: seagull is streaming with his team as I post this, 4 mcrees, it's basically FanTheHammerWatch

I know about that but I mean nothing's changed yet so I figured maybe you meant something REALLY stupid was going on.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I have this thing for switching to my nes zapper as Mercy and braining the enemy Widowmaker from across the field.
I would do it proper by switching to Widowmaker myself and engaging in an epic sniper vs. sniper duel, but i haven't learned how to channel the spirit of Caro.

He's actually still alive if you are wondering why your spirit journeys keep failing.

Had some pretty rough games today. That feeling when you get 10 blaster kills with mercy only to lose in overtime because your the only one trying to shoot the stupid loving tire.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just unnerf Symmetera and Genji and make Mei and Dva not low tier imo.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I know about that but I mean nothing's changed yet so I figured maybe you meant something REALLY stupid was going on.

I mean it was bad before but now 2 mcrees are almost mandatory on most maps, I do consider that REALLY stupid tbh

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tokubetsu posted:

the cure for pain is in the pain

Enthusiasm
Jul 11, 2010

NEVER go back for any reason.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

They're just doing the patron wait and see thing.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

fadam posted:

Just unnerf Symmetera and Genji and make Mei and Dva not low tier imo.

Mei is one of those heroes that can never be good because her very concept is extremely annoying to play against and if she wasn't at least kind of bad then she would ruin the game.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Kawabata posted:

EDIT: seagull is streaming a team scrim as I post this, 4 mcrees, it's basically FanTheHammerWatch

At one point just now they had a game where the opposing team was running 3 mcrees, I think seagulls team had 2 mcrees on it at the time too. :cripes:

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I was in a few all D.Va teams yesterday. It was weird.

Thanks, Blizzard, for sticking 2 Overwatch ads right outside my work. Really makes the day drag even more.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
mei IS good, she's just not stupid. she's useful on certain points of certain maps at certain times, which is a fine thing for a hero to be in a game with over 20 characters. she's just not going to be a static part of any team's lineup because she requires people to walk into her (ie practically needs to be on defense).

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

cock hero flux posted:

Mei is one of those heroes that can never be good because her very concept is extremely annoying to play against and if she wasn't at least kind of bad then she would ruin the game.

Maybe if you're a big fuckin baby.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

cock hero flux posted:

Mei is really good though :confused:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its always high noon somewhere.

cock hero flux posted:

I'd rather get killed by Mei than Widowmaker/Hanzo. At least Mei isn't killing me from full health from across the map.

EDIT: Does Widowmaker leave any kind of visual marker as to where she is aiming like the Sniper in TF2?

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 27, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Mei is just over shadowed by Mcree as a strong duelist.

Also it's loving stupid the arrow only does 125 but the poo poo scan idiot fucker rifle does 150

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheTatteredKing posted:

Mei is just over shadowed by Mcree as a strong duelist.

Also it's loving stupid the arrow only does 125 but the poo poo scan idiot fucker rifle does 150
arrow charges in .5 seconds, rifle is 1s (which is too fast, but they both are)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

How do you even fix McCree without breaking the game in even worse ways

Would making the flashbang stun inversely proportionate to your max hp even do anything in competitive

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I snipe better with Mei than I do with Hanzo and she's my go to for killing Bastion campers.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Id genuinely like to hear more of your thoughts on balance besides Dva, Widow, and McCree. I feel like attack heroes outside of McCree are in a really good place right now.. hbu?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
So can they nerf Reaper or something. I'm getting sick of seeing three of him and Widowmaker per map. Also, make Symmertra's weapon capable of firing at all from more than five feet away.

Macaluso posted:

Mei is really good though :confused:

Her freezing effect needs to kick in a little sooner.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Played with Goons using Discord. Performance anxiety led to premature Ultulation but it was fun, I look forward to poop socking it on the weekend.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Geostomp posted:

So can they nerf Reaper or something. I'm getting sick of seeing three of him and Widowmaker per map. Also, make Symmertra's weapon capable of firing at all from more than five feet away.

People are choosing Reaper because hes badass and easy to play.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Geostomp posted:

Jesus Christ I didnt even see this part. NO Dude

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

cock hero flux posted:

I disagree about this post in the context of Overwatch, but I played Mortal Kombat againtst my friend who was good with Sub-Zero and every time I did anything he froze me so I kinda gave up. In OW it's not 1vs1, so Mei doesn't shut down the whole game, and she has tons of counters.

Fan art idea: Mei as Sub-Zero, Roadhog as Scorpion

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Geostomp posted:

So can they nerf Reaper or something. I'm getting sick of seeing three of him and Widowmaker per map.

If effectiveness had a real effect on what characters you'd see, there wouldn't be a Dva in every other team on QM

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Mei is good at being low tier and being adored by disgusting sniffers but imo she could use some buffs in terms of actual gameplay.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

How do you even fix McCree without breaking the game in even worse ways

Would making the flashbang stun inversely proportionate to your max hp even do anything in competitive

Make flashbang's stun duration proportional to how far from the projectile the target is, so a direct hit is the current .7s duration, and the furthest range is like .3 seconds, and have it scale in between obviously. This makes some of the weirder comp stuff less easy/OP, like flashbanging over a rein shield or stunning 2-3 people for almost a second. It'd also just feel a lot less irritating in pub play while also keeping the utility of stunning people out of stuff like ults or bastion siege mode.

You'd probably have to address Tracer a bit too since this would be a pretty notable nerf to Mccree's ability to check her

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Yeah but who the gently caress lands arrows? Make the charge time whatever it needs to be so the arrows do 200 god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

fadam posted:

Maybe if you're a big fuckin baby.

Look at Mei's skills. She's got a slow and stun that has no cooldown and can pretty much be maintained indefinitely until you die, so you have to just sit there completely unable to do anything for however long it takes her to kill you. She's got an invulnerability/heal skill which exists only to cockblock people that are about to kill her. She's got a big wall that she throws up in your face that stops you from going anywhere. And she's got a big AOE ult that applies her stun to everyone.

The thing that keeps her from being insufferable is that she's fat and slow and freezing people takes a long time and she's basically incapable of killing someone without freezing them first. Take those away and make her actually good and most of your time playing the game would be spent either staring at a big loving wall in your face, staring at Mei sitting invincibly in an ice cube or staring at your health bar slowly drop while you're frozen. Mei is a character who is all about making other people unable to do anything. Not killing them and making them respawn, but just making them sit around and wait for whatever she's doing to be over.