Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMH7QpcTVE0&t=61s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12zGtbW9fis&t=54s

Guy Mann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUhgQ-LZCa4

I liked the cheesy live-action trailer they made for Human Revolution, I'm so glad they made another for Mankind Divided.
We will forever be mechanically apart

Wait, holy poo poo, 9 million people died at the end of HR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Metal Jesus is a giant dork but I can't help but like him since he's one of the few Youtube gaming people who doesn't spend half his time complaining about stupid poo poo or wallowing in drama. It's always just "here's a bunch of games you can get cheap that I like things about!"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Cardboard Box A posted:

Every augmented person on the planet turned into a cyber-augmented rage zombie until Jensen shut off the signal at the end of the game, even if it was only for a short while that is a lot of carnage. Jensen was a cutting-edge heavily armed military cyborg and even he could get taken down a pack of them, a normal person wouldn't stand a chance.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
far cry primal is so extremely my poo poo. just wandering around killing animals and checking out the scenery while blazing

it'll do until No Man's Sky anyway

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Guy Mann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUhgQ-LZCa4

I liked the cheesy live-action trailer they made for Human Revolution, I'm so glad they made another for Mankind Divided.

Youtube comments continue to be solid gold

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

precision posted:

far cry primal is so extremely my poo poo. just wandering around killing animals and checking out the scenery while blazing

it'll do until No Man's Sky anyway

You know it's delayed, right?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Joe Gillian posted:

You know it's delayed, right?

If people can delude themselves into thinking No Man's Sky is going to be a good game then sticking their fingers in their ears and going "games journalism games journalism GAMES JOURNALISM" to try and pretend that the delay isn't happening and is just those chucklefucks at [every gaming site on earth] making something up for clickbait is easy-peasy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Guy Mann posted:

If people can delude themselves into thinking No Man's Sky is going to be a good game then sticking their fingers in their ears and going "games journalism games journalism GAMES JOURNALISM" to try and pretend that the delay isn't happening and is just those chucklefucks at [every gaming site on earth] making something up for clickbait is easy-peasy.

Yikes

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Star Citizen is going to be a great game.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Paladinus posted:

Star Citizen is going to be a great game.

That thing's been quiet for a while. Any new drama, or just a low hum of people realizing they set their money on fire and walking away cursing Chris Roberts' name one by one in ascending order of commitment?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

That thing's been quiet for a while. Any new drama, or just a low hum of people realizing they set their money on fire and walking away cursing Chris Roberts' name one by one in ascending order of commitment?

i don't think its quiet its just cordoned off in a subforum so you don't see it. but i haven't checked

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
This is it, the apocalypse, whoa oh

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
CJacobs, I had the same symptoms a few years back and after one time it got really bad my girlfriend drove me to the ER and it turned out I had gall stones. Like, a ton of them, many at sizes that would block my bile ducts which causes pretty nasty liver damage. Apparently they caught it before it caused any significant damage to me.

What I'm saying is go to your college clinic or whatever and do what you gotta do to have them take a look. Man/woman/non-binary-gender it up and go to the loving doctor.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 27, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my doctor wife just got home and says gall stones should only hurt after fatty foods.

ulcers there are two types. one that feels better on a full stomach and one that is super bad after food but usually 2-3 hours later

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There's a new Total War game out (Warhammer), and it made me realise that I haven't played a single Total War game outside of a demo many years ago. It's a pretty big blind spot of mine, where's a good place to start with that series?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
how many DOOM snapmaps featuring 9/11 are there?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

There's a new Total War game out (Warhammer), and it made me realise that I haven't played a single Total War game outside of a demo many years ago. It's a pretty big blind spot of mine, where's a good place to start with that series?

i really only ever clicked with medieval. i like the roman setting more but the game felt a lot more complicated and hard to play than the earlier ones. the TW series is something that is cooler in concept than actually playing imo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

bloodychill posted:

CJacobs, I had the same symptoms a few years back and after one time it got really bad my girlfriend drove me to the ER and it turned out I had gall stones. Like, a ton of them, many at sizes that would block my bile ducts which causes pretty nasty liver damage. Apparently they caught it before it caused any significant damage to me.

What I'm saying is go to your college clinic or whatever and do what you gotta do to have them take a look. Man/woman/non-binary-gender it up and go to the loving doctor.

drat. Well, there's not much I can do except not eat much until then but thanks for the heads up.

Real hurthling! posted:

yo cjacobs if your real doc won't see you for two weeks go to one of those walk in city md type clinics (that's what they're called in the NYC metro area). they loving exist to write perscriptions based on what you say your symptoms are and a 5 minute check to make sure you're not crazy and they take all the insurances cause they wanna get paid. then go to your real doctor to find out if they got it right but at least you'll have something that could potentially help you out now.

I'll look into it and see what I can find. 2 weeks of pain is a pretty long time to wait, that's for sure!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 27, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Cardboard Box A posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMH7QpcTVE0&t=61s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12zGtbW9fis&t=54s

We will forever be mechanically apart

I can believe that. its heavily implied that its all augs went nuts when poo poo went down.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jay Rust posted:

Shogun 2 is really really good, and if you get the fall of the Samurai dlc you can unlock gattling guns and mow down rows and rows of troops like that one scene in the Last Samurai. You can even go in first person view on those units and be the one who does the mowing. Its good.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Cardboard Box A posted:

This is it, the apocalypse, whoa oh

The idea of games being exclusive to Humble Monthly just ensured that I would never sign up for it out of principle.

e. Though I can't imagine it's doing well considering their creeping desperation of handing out coupons for it like candy with every Humble Bundle, then adding a discount to the Humble Store for subscribers, then letting people know what one of the mystery games would be, and now finally just bribing studios to make them exclusive games for the service.

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 27, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

i really only ever clicked with medieval. i like the roman setting more but the game felt a lot more complicated and hard to play than the earlier ones. the TW series is something that is cooler in concept than actually playing imo

PBS Newshour posted:

Shogun 2 is really really good, and if you get the fall of the Samurai dlc you can unlock gattling guns and mow down rows and rows of troops like that one scene in the Last Samurai. You can even go in first person view on those units and be the one who does the mowing. Its good.

Thanks guys. I'm way more familiar with European medieval history (because of Crusader Kings 2) than Japan stuff so will probably buy Medieval first.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CJacobs posted:

drat. Well, there's not much I can do except not eat much until then but thanks for the heads up.

I'll look into it and see what I can find. 2 weeks of pain is a pretty long time to wait, that's for sure!

Chill's post reminded me that I also had gallstones. I guess I blocked it out. I remember it feeling, literally, like there was a fist shaped rock right underneath my ribcage. The feeling would subside after a while. I'd feel it after eating then after a while, after drinking anything, even water. I ignored it and it got worse and worse. Finally had to be rushed to the emergency room by my roommates because I looked green/grey in the face. Ended up in a hospital bed hooked up to an IV drip and couldn't eat for a week while my digestive system calmed down enough so they could remove my gall bladder. It was pretty terrible.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jay Rust posted:

Thanks guys. I'm way more familiar with European medieval history (because of Crusader Kings 2) than Japan stuff so will probably buy Medieval first.

medieval is very good, so you've made a good choice. have fun :)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wine 'em Dine 'em Alley of Crime 'em

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6JBx_2tov4

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's been said plenty, but it bears repeating: the Witcher 3 is a truly fantastic looking game. One of the most visually impressive titles ever produced, but in terms of the quality of the visuals, the art direction, and the scope wherein they exist.

Of course, the sunlight effect does have a tendency to unexpectedly overpower some talking scenes, but it's pretty so I can't say I mind

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So overwatch is pretty fun.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ofDyHdtxQ

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Harrow posted:

Really, I'm not surprised that Half-Life 3 never came out (and almost certainly never will). At this point, Valve has nothing to gain and everything to lose. Expectations for Half-Life 3 would be unreasonably high and I just don't think Valve would ever be able to meet them, and they probably know that, too. They missed the window during which releasing Half-Life 3 would make sense and now it would probably be a worse idea to make it than not to.

It has nothing to do with expectations and everything to do with money. Why spend AAA gaming budget money on a low replay, technical showpiece, single player campaign, when they could instead spend similar or probably much less on an infinitely replayable multiplayer game stuffed to the brim with in-game purchases that cost them almost nothing to make?

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
I'm pretty sure they've said they're not working on it because literally no one at valve has an idea good enough

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

the new Undertale is lookin pretty good

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Looks better than The Nameless Mod at least.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I cannot tell what the heck is going on in that wayforward screenshot

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The Banner Saga was a game not reccomended by most goons, but I picked it up cheap in a recent sale and I have to say, it's a frustrating game in some interesting ways. I found myself really drawn into the world and the characters, the art is great, I like my band of folks and I enjoy the writing a lot. However, I hate that the game seems to just randomly murder cast members who I had been developing on both a mechanical and narrative level, often without any loving warning whatsoever. I'm in a situation where I get betrayed by an rear end in a top hat and I've reset three times and found no outcome that doesn't result in my favorite archer getting murdered, and I'm absolutely powerless to stop it, because the deciding point was four chapters ago.

Yet when my characters fall in battle, they never die. The one point of the gameplay where there are life-or-death consequences and I'm in direct control of a combat scenario, and it's the one place where nobody can actually die. I'm frustrated because I could just go along, I have a lot of archers and so can afford to lose on, but I really like that character and don't want her to die, and it's a weird circumstance, where a game has succeeded in making me like its characters so much that I don't want to play it anymore because it keeps murdering them.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

FirstAidKite posted:

I cannot tell what the heck is going on in that wayforward screenshot
That's the point, it's a joke April Fool's game that was supposed to be basically every single genre in one game.

I have no idea how they would make an actual game out of it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It'll be an idle game, obvs

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The Banner Saga was a game not reccomended by most goons, but I picked it up cheap in a recent sale and I have to say, it's a frustrating game in some interesting ways. I found myself really drawn into the world and the characters, the art is great, I like my band of folks and I enjoy the writing a lot. However, I hate that the game seems to just randomly murder cast members who I had been developing on both a mechanical and narrative level, often without any loving warning whatsoever. I'm in a situation where I get betrayed by an rear end in a top hat and I've reset three times and found no outcome that doesn't result in my favorite archer getting murdered, and I'm absolutely powerless to stop it, because the deciding point was four chapters ago.

Yet when my characters fall in battle, they never die. The one point of the gameplay where there are life-or-death consequences and I'm in direct control of a combat scenario, and it's the one place where nobody can actually die. I'm frustrated because I could just go along, I have a lot of archers and so can afford to lose on, but I really like that character and don't want her to die, and it's a weird circumstance, where a game has succeeded in making me like its characters so much that I don't want to play it anymore because it keeps murdering them.

A big theme of the game is death is inevitable and often unavoidable. It just doesn't translate well into the mechanics in most cases.

Just tough it out until the end and then use a guide for a second playthrough if you want an "happier" ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

8-Bit Scholar posted:

People said The Banner Saga was bad? gently caress that, I was immersed (which is not easy for me). I'm waiting for the new one to go on sale before I get it, though.

• Locked thread