Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

symbolic posted:

Virtus.Pro just lost to Penta in the ESEA Pro League decider match. VP is now an ESEA premier team. :laffo:

They'll get the wildcard spot and be right back in Pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

Virtus.Semi-Pro
Until they receive the wildcard spot, which ESL will totally give them because they're Virtus loving Pro.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
they're going to get the wildcard spot which is actually bullshit, they're probably the best team to consider but the fact still stands that the penta vp series literally meant nothing for vp and everything for penta

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

How weird that leagues bend to the will of sponsors

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

symbolic posted:

Until they receive the wildcard spot, which ESL will totally give them because they're Virtus loving Pro.

What happened to VP though? They were solid contenders for a while there, now it's like they can't get a win to save their life.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Kwilty posted:

What happened to VP though? They were solid contenders for a while there, now it's like they can't get a win to save their life.

They have stayed about the same while everyone else has gotten better.

Unrelated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Sw9MlOVUc

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
esea editted their blog post from yesterday to say that vp will be in premier

https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=14821

justice rains from above

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
VP are trash online and decent on LAN. I don't understand it.

Also anyone have a link to that GBJames rant?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Kwilty posted:

they won a lan (over navi) last weekend :confused:

e: although I think they lost to some garbage team there too

Alighieri posted:

They have stayed about the same while everyone else has gotten better.

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 26, 2016

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Also anyone have a link to that GBJames rant?

No, but here is a juicy bit smack dab in the middle of it

https://twitter.com/LiquidEliGE/status/735568351921987584

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

How in the everlovin' gently caress does this happen?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fauxshiz posted:

How in the everlovin' gently caress does this happen?
When you're better than the rest of your team.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
That's from a bo3 that went pretty deep into each map if that helps.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ez for disco doplan

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smithereens posted:

ez for disco doplan

ez for fucksy0

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViTX7jI0qQU

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Stumbletron posted:

they won a lan (over navi) last weekend :confused:

e: although I think they lost to some garbage team there too

They didn't. They only dropped two maps the whole tournament - one to NaVi and one to s1mple, but didn't lose any series.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

noobs lo l :D :mmmhmm:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Demostrs posted:

ez for fucksy0

What more can he doooooooo

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

two battlescarred awp asiimovs lmao

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

:frogsiren: Liquid picked Nuke as map 2 in e-league:frogsiren:

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

xsf421 posted:

:frogsiren: Liquid picked Nuke as map 2 in e-league:frogsiren:

It's a little disappointing that only 7 out of 28 rounds were won by the Ts. Still better than old nuke, and I expect that as teams come up with better strategies to take sites that number will improve.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Thorgot posted:

It's a little disappointing that only 7 out of 28 rounds were won by the Ts. Still better than old nuke, and I expect that as teams come up with better strategies to take sites that number will improve.

Plant on lower silo = win.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

liking e-league so far, but their transition animation/sound is annoying as all hell. too quick and noise is too short

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I love that NA doesn't currently have a single team that plays consistently. Goddamn.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

To be fair, I feel like CLG losing was largely due to Pita pretty much starting off every round by losing a 1-on-1.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

fennesz posted:

I love that NA doesn't currently have a single team that plays consistently. Goddamn.

they all play consistent

consistently bad

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

LG is pretty consistent though

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

LG is pretty consistent though
TIL Brazil is in North America.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

symbolic posted:

They could only dream.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

They are considered NA though I thought????? Seeing as we don't have SA teams

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

It depends on who you talk to.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Famethrowa posted:

it's like the Dallas Cowboys being in the NFC East. It's just where they're assigned. I look at it that way, at least.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

Only for the NA Major :911:

Nothing will ever top watching LG dumpster Liquid.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
They live and compete in NA, I think it's not unfair to classify them as such. Obviously there's some fundamental difference between the Brazilian teams and the NA teams but they all live in the same geographical region.

MrMPH
Sep 11, 2013
Can I join the cool kids club on steam with you guys please? <3

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

canoshiz posted:

They live and compete in NA, I think it's not unfair to classify them as such. Obviously there's some fundamental difference between the Brazilian teams and the NA teams but they all live in the same geographical region.
One tournament in the last 6(12?) months there makes them inactive and irrelevant to their home scene, much like Renegades with Australia.

Teams can be from anywhere but the region(s) they are active in is really what matters

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
The point isn't that they are irrelevant to their home scene - shock horror, most top teams are irrelevant to their national scenes because they travel the world to compete everywhere else.

LG and TS are Brazilian. They are from Brazil, they speak Portuguese, they wave Brazilian flags. Just because somebody plays in NA, does not make them from or part of NA, and it's desperate to try and claim them as such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Jeza posted:

The point isn't that they are irrelevant to their home scene - shock horror, most top teams are irrelevant to their national scenes because they travel the world to compete everywhere else.

LG and TS are Brazilian. They are from Brazil, they speak Portuguese, they wave Brazilian flags. Just because somebody plays in NA, does not make them from or part of NA, and it's desperate to try and claim them as such.

I consider LG a Brazilian team myself, but drat dude, it's not "desperate" to consider people who live and play CS in NA as part of NA CS. It's like EvilBeard said about regions, the same thing happens in baseball as well as American football. Teams/organizations switch the area they're a part of even without the team moving, so if the team moves thousands of miles to an area, and plays pretty much exclusively in that area, it makes plenty of sense that people would consider them to be part of that area's scene.

surc fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 27, 2016