Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Ilios is my favorite map (not only because it has the best music either), and I encountered a funny bug there while playing tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_hK-R8E7E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

I feel like I need to learn Lucio because often the team needs a healer. Do you just stand next to people to keep them healed and switch to the speed buff when there's no danger around?

Lucio's healing range is 30 meters, which is freaking huge in this game. So you don't "stand" next to anything ever, you move like a motherfucker all the time and mix it with wall riding until your enemies give up on hitting you. Then you click your "amp it up" for healing whenever it comes out of cooldown and there's people around, no need to think too much about it. Occasional speed boost here and there, and the ultimate for saving the group or pushing on targets.
edit: oh and all that leaves you to hit your M1 all the time at enemy targets

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 27, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

We were defending on Hollywood. Tracer gets play of the game. She lands a good pulse bomb that crushes some people, steps into a side room, turns her back to the wall and emotes, causing the camera to do an EXTREME CLOSEUP on her rear end. Everyone in the server busts up laughing. Tracer: "IT FINALLY WORKED" Me: "YOU WERE TRYING?! OMG" Tracer: "DUDE I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR SO LONG."

I hurt myself laughing.

Also why are Pharah's voice lines garbage

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Thumbtacks posted:

tpain is playing overwatch right now for some reason

https://www.twitch.tv/tpain

This is the greatest thing in my life.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have determined that Hazno is bullshit because I have gotten kills with him and I should not get kills with him because my aim is godawful. Especially after I've been drinking.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

chumbler posted:

I have determined that Hazno is bullshit because I have gotten kills with him and I should not get kills with him because my aim is godawful. Especially after I've been drinking.

It's simple geometry.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Nehru the Damaja posted:

We were defending on Hollywood. Tracer gets play of the game. She lands a good pulse bomb that crushes some people, steps into a side room, turns her back to the wall and emotes, causing the camera to do an EXTREME CLOSEUP on her rear end. Everyone in the server busts up laughing. Tracer: "IT FINALLY WORKED" Me: "YOU WERE TRYING?! OMG" Tracer: "DUDE I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR SO LONG."

I hurt myself laughing.

Also why are Pharah's voice lines garbage

https://gfycat.com/UntimelyMajesticAppaloosa

was it this?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

This is a silly question but how exactly do you chat to the other team? Whenever I hit all chat it always just says [team], regardless of what I bind it to.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

This is a silly question but how exactly do you chat to the other team? Whenever I hit all chat it always just says [team], regardless of what I bind it to.

Press Tab to cycle channels :tipshat:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Put this in the OP.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Also, P to change which channels are on or off, which voice channel you're speaking in and mute or ignore players.

chumbler posted:

Put this in the OP.

It's the only one going in. I'm tired of the butt meme.

Onean fucked around with this message at 08:23 on May 27, 2016

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Bolivar posted:

Press Tab to cycle channels :tipshat:

Oh, how very odd. Thanks a bunch though :)

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Thor-Stryker posted:

D.Va is like the Vanilla WoW Paladin. She runs around with a poo poo-ton of HP but never actually does anything.

D.Va's problem is that she's an anti-tank that's worse than McCree and Reaper in every way. She can take any tank 1v1, but her lack of circle-strafe and her center mass critical spot makes it really tricky fighting smaller guys and groups. I think she only shines when you have another tank who plays poorly and you need her to disrupt the other team.

D.Va would be more useful if her role was suppression and she had weapons like the Heavy's gun from TF2.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Evil Canadian posted:

Oh, how very odd. Thanks a bunch though :)
/m will get you into match (all) chat

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
Once you figure out that Genji's super power is his dash reset and his ability in the right situation to cut through multiple people like hot butter in the space of about 5 seconds he becomes insanely fun to play

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Brawl participation should get a weekly lootbox to make people play threbad gimmick ones.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Mei is honestly really loving strong, I don't see why she wouldn't be picked in comp, maybe they aren't using her right click as much as they could? But she is one of the best stallers in the game, and can block a lot of things idk.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Randler posted:

Brawl participation should get a weekly lootbox to make people play threbad gimmick ones.

That's what they do in Hearthstone, it would make sense to.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Ahahah yes

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

It's simple geometry.

Yea, his arrows simply have a diameter of 1 meter, but stationary objects only block the very centre.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Didn't Blizzard say somewhere that they were considering this? I think it would be great.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lmao

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Proposition Joe posted:

Ilios is my favorite map (not only because it has the best music either), and I encountered a funny bug there while playing tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_hK-R8E7E
Where's the bug? I just see massive lag. :(

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I swear there's more voice lines and such now than there was in Beta.

I'm pretty sure Zarya's "C'mon, hit me. You know you want to!" is new.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Onean posted:

It's the only one going in. I'm tired of the butt meme.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
im linking this here so people know not to use it, because basically everything in it is wrong to some degree.

http://imgur.com/a/28GPV

it's a series of character guides and lists effective counters + who characters are strong against, and so few of them are useful that i don't know where to begin. good for a laugh though!

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

lmao came here to post this, owns

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Countblanc posted:

im linking this here so people know not to use it, because basically everything in it is wrong to some degree.

it's a series of character guides and lists effective counters + who characters are strong against, and so few of them are useful that i don't know where to begin. good for a laugh though!

Big Ups to the idea that Reaper sucks against Bastion while Tracer shreds him.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Countblanc posted:

The broad strokes are there. What exactly are you finding objectionable?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

Big Ups to the idea that Reaper sucks against Bastion while Tracer shreds him.

Tracer with ult runs at bastion, presses Q, presses E or right click, has a laugh

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Spiros posted:

Tracer with ult runs at bastion, presses Q, presses E or right click, has a laugh

There are so many better ways to use that ult.

e: so, so many.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 09:09 on May 27, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Having gotten a bunch more games under my belt, the thing I find myself wishing for most of all is for Pharah to be able to charge up her rocket launcher like the one from Unreal Tournament by holding the button down.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Lady Naga posted:

There are so many better ways to use that ult.

e: so, so many.

Which is useful because it's such a rare ult that takes forever to build up you have to treat each one like the precious commodity it is and not get dependable, solid kills against stationary targets who are causing your team trouble. Good call.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Ddraig posted:

The D.Va one feels off. Roadhog/Zenyatta are pretty easy for her, although I guess discord orb is kind of scary? Junkrat is imo not that hard either. Mei is terrible, and obviously you want to get close to snipers but idk.

In the Junkrat thing it says "avoid heroes who can kill you at long range" and then includes Reaper in that group, who really isn't a hero I've had trouble with, at least.

It's like a one right thing, one wrong thing.

Admittedly, I'm not great at the game so I might just be wrong, but vOv.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Ddraig posted:

What exactly are you finding objectionable?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ddraig posted:

1) it provides basically no context. why is bastion good against d.va when Defense Matrix is one of the best defensive tools for enabling your team to approach him? does this mean they're all 1v1?

2) lots of them are just like, wrong? i guess? why is Hanzo good against a character who should never peak chokepoints other than to shoot big M2 balls (symmetra) or zen (who he doesn't bodyshot and who is probably too far from the fight to reliably set up headshots against)? why is lucio, an incredibly mobile character, vulnerable to pharah? just because his projectile means he can't hit her? why are you trying to solo a pharah instead of speed boosting away while she fails to hit a single direct rocket? why isn't every hero in Mccree's "strong against" box? who would ever in their right mind say that mei is good against widow??? there's so many of these.

3) on top of it being flat-out wrong, it contradicts itself kinda. it says genji is a great counter to roadhog, but also that roadhog is great at killing genji. ok those aren't TECHNICALLY opposites but like, come on.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Ddraig posted:

Which is useful because it's such a rare ult that takes forever to build up you have to treat each one like the precious commodity it is and not get dependable, solid kills against stationary targets who are causing your team trouble. Good call.

Well yes obviously if you have the ultimate and there's nothing better to use it on go ahead and chuck it at Bastion but that can apply to literally any other character in the game so...

foutre posted:

The D.Va one feels off. Roadhog/Zenyatta are pretty easy for her, although I guess discord orb is kind of scary? Junkrat is imo not that hard either. Mei is terrible, and obviously you want to get close to snipers but idk.
Roadhog is really good against D.Va because his M1 shreds armour.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 09:19 on May 27, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ddraig posted:

https://gfycat.com/UntimelyMajesticAppaloosa

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Lady Naga posted:

Roadhog is really good against D.Va because his M1 shreds armour.

Huh, fair, didn't realize that. I guess I was thinking just 1v1, it's pretty easy to negate his first clip and then just kill him as mech or pilot before he can dps you down, but I can see how that would be a pretty tough time when it's not just the two of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
to be fair a wet blanket is good against dva