Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Just had my third shavs drop this league. The rarity changes are a good thing overall, but I will miss the drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i had a windforce drop for me. thats it for greater than 1alch uniques

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
my biggest drop the entire league was just straight up an exalt orb

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

mine was a pair of sorc boots i chanced into a really good rare and sold it for 2ex i think

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
+3 Fire gems staff like 2 weeks in. :smug:

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

3 self found exalts and a voll's devotion from cadiro for 15k coins. easily my luckiest league so far

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I got a Kaom's Heart right as I was finishing up for the league.

Naturally, I gave it away unIDed to goons :v:

Also got a couple exalt drops. I was still poor as hell for almost the whole league, but it was nice to be able to afford cool poo poo on my nonexistent budget.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I got 3 exalted orbs to drop (all within 24 hours), 6 voltaxics from cadiro, shavs from cadiro, 2 scolds from cadiro, two lightning coils from lab, heretic's veil from lab, mjolner, perandus signet, kongor's, hegemony's, and 4 brittle emperors. Perandus was a good league.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Is that windripper?

panda clue
May 23, 2014
yes, and that new body armor

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Context?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

You have a really cool Skyrim character.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

devoir posted:

Context?

Just something I found on reddit and thought it looked cool. Lot of old poe stuff in there.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
What's the go-to skill for basic 2h RT builds right now, is Cyclone still decent outside of CoC?

The ascendancy changes did make the choice between Juggernaut, Slayer and Champion really though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/QarldeV/status/736060469694210049

:aaaaa:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

I like how this would have been pointless in this league, but probably a good item for magic finders in prophecy

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I'm thinking about giving up on my usual Molten Strike build (none of the ascendancies go with it!!!) and trying something more conventional. Specifically thinking about trying a perma-stun Slayer. Tree is here, pretty typical. I'm not sure which ascendancy skills to take in what order, though. Overwhelm seems obvious, but the bonuses aren't that great. The 20% area radius from Impact would be really helpful early game, and that plus all the bonuses from Headsman would be great for clearspeed™ when mapping.

I'm not super clear on how the reflect reduction works, though. It says "reduced [...] damage taken", so does that mean it's applied after "physical damage reduction" from armor + endurance charges, and then linear with the 20% reduced damage taken from fortify? Does fortify reduce reflected damage?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Arzachel posted:

What's the go-to skill for basic 2h RT builds right now, is Cyclone still decent outside of CoC?

The ascendancy changes did make the choice between Juggernaut, Slayer and Champion really though.

Earthquake or Cyclone.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

I'm not super clear on how the reflect reduction works, though. It says "reduced [...] damage taken", so does that mean it's applied after "physical damage reduction" from armor + endurance charges, and then linear with the 20% reduced damage taken from fortify? Does fortify reduce reflected damage?

All forms of "reduced [TYPE] damage taken" stack additive together, after armor. Armor and endurance charges are "physical damage reduction", a different effect.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 27, 2016

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Any goons on basic perandus league want to help me out? I want to hit 12 challenges done for the cool gold footprints but don't think I can make it on my own. I'm at 8/12 needed and have used up all the easy ones. I'm now doing the cruel difficulty clears and some of these are awful.

Anyone got any of the unidentified uniques for the league? Or willing to let me piggyback on a vaal temple and manor run? I have plenty of chaos orbs to spare.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Could somebody please critique my tree? I've allocated too many skill points but the ones on the left side are aspirational anyway, the rest of it is the important part.

The tree is here

This is for a life/evasion character with Bladefall + Remote Mine + Trap/Mine Damage + Minefield + Poison + Concentrated Effect as the main skill. When I get Cospri's Will I can swap the poison for Void Manipulation.

Lots of crit on gear, 6 power charges, and dual Ming's with an Atziri's Promise with increased flask effect for another 70% phys added as chaos. Whirling Blades has a 30% chance to cause bleed, which adds another 20% phys added as chaos.

e: I didn't bother with any of the big chaos or poison damage nodes on the tree because they don't double-dip.

e2: This build really doesn't get much life at all from the tree (100% or so). Given that it's mostly around the witch and shadow area, perhaps it's time for my first CI character?

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 27, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Any goons on basic perandus league want to help me out? I want to hit 12 challenges done for the cool gold footprints but don't think I can make it on my own. I'm at 8/12 needed and have used up all the easy ones. I'm now doing the cruel difficulty clears and some of these are awful.

Anyone got any of the unidentified uniques for the league? Or willing to let me piggyback on a vaal temple and manor run? I have plenty of chaos orbs to spare.

Which ones do you have done? Only having 8 done and wanting to piggyback on map full clears seems...suspicious.

I think I might have an un-ID'd lab unique still.

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Do these and you don't even have to do any of those garbage clears!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdyg8zju471j68m/Screenshot%202016-05-27%2012.29.57.png?dl=0

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
http://www.web-layers.net/poe/perandus/ Is the best challenge tracker Ive seen.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Hmm might make a Marauder EQ Juggernaut and run 2x Kaom's Sign rings.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Sotar posted:

Hmm might make a Marauder EQ Juggernaut and run 2x Kaom's Sign rings.

That's what I'm going to do probably, though I might respec at like 75 to some sort of RF discharge build.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Vasudus posted:

That's what I'm going to do probably, though I might respec at like 75 to some sort of RF discharge build.

This is what I got so far. i am trash at building trees so I am gonna guess it will be torn apart.

http://poeplanner.com/AAEBATMAd8bYW...N3V97kWu_ON9IM=

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
As a redditor pointed out, Doedre's will probably see a lot more use outside of the gimmicky cast on drink builds with Juggs seeing as it's probably the quickest and easiest to exploit source of endurance charges.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

nightwisher posted:

As a redditor pointed out, Doedre's will probably see a lot more use outside of the gimmicky cast on drink builds with Juggs seeing as it's probably the quickest and easiest to exploit source of endurance charges.

Also it's an automatic savage hit for Berserkers to get 100% leech

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

gonadic io posted:

:lol:

I sense a new meta...

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

nightwisher posted:

It will also proc a cwdt+ic setup at max end charges.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

nightwisher posted:

gonadic io posted:

climboutonalimb posted:

It will also proc a cwdt+ic setup at max end charges.

:vince:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Friendly reminder that jugg gets 20% chance on being hit to get max charges. Doedres isnt going to be needed for any sort of defensive setup and its in fact pretty loving bad for reactive defense.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

If you're always at 8 endurance charges and Immortal Call lasts 5 seconds with a 3 second cooldown and triggers when you take like 1000 damage, when exactly is Immortal Call NOT going to be up that you have to use Doedre's Elixir to trigger it?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
besides, if you really need ECs, just tap your enduring cry button

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

TheRat posted:

Friendly reminder that jugg gets 20% chance on being hit to get max charges.

guess I'm rolling EQ jugg

panda clue
May 23, 2014

TheRat posted:

Friendly reminder that jugg gets 20% chance on being hit to get max charges. Doedres isnt going to be needed for any sort of defensive setup and its in fact pretty loving bad for reactive defense.

idk, using it to force a savage hit for berserker sounds pretty clever actually. really no reason to use it as jugg, though.

Weird edge-case question - if I am converting a spell from 100% lightning to 100% fire, I believe I get 100% from both fire and lightning bonuses on the tree, but what about cold? Anyone know if cold damage does anything, since I am first converting the lightning to cold to be able to convert it to fire?

panda clue fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 28, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Coming back in June for Prophecy. I haven't played since about 6~ months ago, what are the notable changes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

GreyPowerVan posted:

Coming back in June for Prophecy. I haven't played since about 6~ months ago, what are the notable changes?

Oh, just the biggest change to the game since the Scion got introduced.

Go to the POE Wiki, read up on Ascendancy.

• Locked thread