Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Friendly Humour posted:

Don't just say, have a point. Now what is it?

His point is that the French should lay down and take the boots because the union isn't a majority of the country. They are only 1%, so they should kiss the arse of the important 1%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really like Schaeuble tho. He's such an honest man when it comes to his disdain of democracy and popular power, it's a refreshing change from the the social-democratic face of his fellow political class.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Isn't he part of the traditional right? :psyduck:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I like how Shitwolf had to step down because of blatant corruption and Merkel immediately put him high up in her cabinet.

Really shows what stands for moral character in the German political scene.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

GaussianCopula posted:

Maybe CGT should stand for election the next time.

:yeah:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Please. Dictatorship of the proletariat or bust :colbert:

The CGT leader even has a Stalinesque moustache, c'mon:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Now there's an election photo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Xoidanor posted:

Do we have confirmation that Schaeuble actually has a soul yet?

At this point I think it's safe to assume that the answer is "he does not". Not quite confirmation, but I feel confident guessing based on his actions.

Really excited for when he replaces Merkel as head of the CDU.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Friendly Humour posted:

Now there's an election photo.

This one is better:

Used in an article in a right-wing (of course) newspaper with the headline: "Philippe Martinez, the man who wants to bring France to its knees". Look at that scary finger-pointing lefty :ohdear:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I don't get why the French people complain about their government, don't they know that Hollande has been named "statesman of the year" by a bunch of New Yorkers? That puts him hot on the heels of UK Prime Minister David Cameron (SOTY 2015) and Canadian PM Stephen Harper (SOTY 2012), as well as his predecessor Sarkozy (SOTY 2008).

Kassad posted:

This one is better:

Used in an article in a right-wing (of course) newspaper with the headline: "Philippe Martinez, the man who wants to bring France to its knees". Look at that scary finger-pointing lefty :ohdear:

Not the right finger to be raising, IMO.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kassad posted:

This one is better:

drat I would vote the poo poo outta that guy.

Seriously someone needs to photoshop him into pictures of the Politburo.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Tesseraction posted:

His point is that the French should lay down and take the boots because the union isn't a majority of the country. They are only 1%, so they should kiss the arse of the important 1%.

Everything not passed by a 100 percent vote is undemocratic. Got it.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Randler posted:

Everything not passed by a 100 percent vote is undemocratic. Got it.

Something passed with 0% of the vote is, actually, undemocratic.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

YF-23 posted:

Something passed with 0% of the vote is, actually, undemocratic.

I do not consider the French vote of confidence mechanics to result in 0 percent votes. But that is probably minority position in this thread.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kassad posted:

Please. Dictatorship of the proletariat or bust :colbert:

That is a magnificent moustache and an excellent facial expression for a politician.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Randler posted:

I do not consider the French vote of confidence mechanics to result in 0 percent votes. But that is probably minority position in this thread.

I was in part exaggerating, but the whole thing just stinks of the executive being allowed to blackmail the legislative. There's only so much procedure you can go through to pass legislation before its democratic legitimacy becomes unclear.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

YF-23 posted:

I was in part exaggerating, but the whole thing just stinks of the executive being allowed to blackmail the legislative. There's only so much procedure you can go through to pass legislation before its democratic legitimacy becomes unclear.

Most European (and I believe even Greece?) democratic systems incorporate the ability for the government to say "if we can't pass this piece of legislation we are not able to continue in our jobs"

The fact that the legislators would be risking their jobs if they actually stopped this law only underscores the fact that the majority of voters do not support their position.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The vast majority of the French want fewer labor protections? Well, why didn't they say so? We can have a couple expeditionary forces of Marines in by a week from today to begin turning them into slave laborers. I am sure that they will herald this rescue from the tyranny of vacation times.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Brainiac Five posted:

The vast majority of the French want fewer labor protections? Well, why didn't they say so? We can have a couple expeditionary forces of Marines in by a week from today to begin turning them into slave laborers. I am sure that they will herald this rescue from the tyranny of vacation times.

Shut the gently caress up you flagrant retard.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GaussianCopula posted:

Most European (and I believe even Greece?) democratic systems incorporate the ability for the government to say "if we can't pass this piece of legislation we are not able to continue in our jobs"

The fact that the legislators would be risking their jobs if they actually stopped this law only underscores the fact that the majority of voters do not support their position.

What ability? Resignation? That's not an "ability incorporated into democratic systems". That's just quitting the job. And anyway, we're at the point in Western democracies where our elected representatives rarely if ever actually represent the interests of the people who voted for them, nevermind the majority. That's the whole reason why we're in a crisis. So one appreciates comments like Schaeuble's where the divide between the people and their rulers is made crystal clear, for that finally allows for the people to realise that no, their interests will not be represented no matter how they vote. Which is great if you happen to be a Marxist!

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

No, it underscores that the French government is really unpopular. Close to three quarters of Frenchmen are opposed to the law.

Kassad posted:

It does seem kind of appropriate that thanks to mr. Stalinesque moustache, the only newspaper you could buy in French kiosks yesterday was the communist one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pluskut Tukker posted:

It does seem kind of appropriate that thanks to mr. Stalinesque moustache, the only newspaper you could buy in French kiosks yesterday was the communist one.

good

(not that anyone still buys newspapers)

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Friendly Humour posted:

Shut the gently caress up you flagrant retard.

You know that none of your responses will ever be acknowledged by the far-right motherfuckers like GC, right? Why play Sisyphus?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Brainiac Five posted:

You know that none of your responses will ever be acknowledged by the far-right motherfuckers like GC, right? Why play Sisyphus?

gently caress you. Don't ever post here again.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Friendly Humour posted:

gently caress you. Don't ever post here again.

Why don't you direct that anger into antifa action instead of complaining about someone mocking "trade unions are oppressing the people"? Do something constructive.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Brainiac Five posted:

Why don't you direct that anger into antifa action instead of complaining about someone mocking "trade unions are oppressing the people"? Do something constructive.

Yeah right because getting into violent slapfights with nazi's is so much more productive.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

Xoidanor posted:

Yeah right because getting into violent slapfights with nazi's is so much more productive.

you know it protects minorities and gives people the feelign that there is a real and sincere struggle for an alternative

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Xoidanor posted:

Being fair if enough antifa turn up to scare them they end up getting into fights with themselves, so that's always fun.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Xoidanor posted:

Apart from what other, wiser people have said, every fascist that ends in the hospital has had their ability to contribute to fascism impaired significantly. If that ain't constructive...

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Organize properly and begin bombing these fascist hives, better morgue than hospital, right?

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

doverhog posted:

Organize properly and begin bombing these fascist hives, better morgue than hospital, right?

that's wery violent of you. i oppose individual terrorism.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Brainiac Five posted:

Apart from what other, wiser people have said, every fascist that ends in the hospital has had their ability to contribute to fascism impaired significantly. If that ain't constructive...

It would only be constructive if those people suddenly had an epiphany on the hospital bed and magically transformed from evil fascist into good democrat

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hate that guy.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Libluini posted:

It would only be constructive if those people suddenly had an epiphany on the hospital bed and magically transformed from evil fascist into good democrat

This doesn't seem to follow, can you clarify?

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

Libluini posted:

im fascist now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I tried using copies of Karl Marx as my throwing weapon of choice but it didn't seem very effective and now I'm bankrupt. :rip:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Death is full impairment. That way nazis are physically incapable of attacking minorities permanently.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

doverhog posted:

Death is full impairment. That way nazis are physically incapable of attacking minorities permanently.

there would be no evil, if we all did kill our selves...

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Lotta Lavals and Weygands in this thread, whoa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
i killed the fascist in my head and am back in control -- its the communist goku