Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I look at my player statistics and the recurring themes are

1) We lose if I play tank
and
2) I am hot garbage with McCree.

Now maybe it's because I mostly choose to tank on awful Payload offenses and surely some of it is due to taking me off Damage, where I'm pretty strong. But I've got to face the possibility that I might also just be a bad tank. What can I watch or read to get better? As far as I can tell my biggest weakness is not knowing when people behind me have split off or died (The kill feed being a billion miles away from the action isn't helpful). Obviously mic communication goes a long way here but I'm not a comp player. Getting 6 people on the mic and actually talking about what's happening and where is not a meaningful plan of action for me.

As to McCree it always feels like if I'm alone I'm gonna die eventually and having no mobility and pubs being pubs, I will never achieve the dream of moving with a group that can protect each other.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So it doesn't appear that McCree's revolver has a transfer bar in it, which means that seeing as how he's running around with six shots all the time and is rolling around constantly there's a chance he might blow his dick off by accident if the hammer hits the primer.

So nerf idea: There's a chance of you blowing your own dick off if you combat roll without an empty revolver.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Countblanc posted:

1) it provides basically no context. why is bastion good against d.va when Defense Matrix is one of the best defensive tools for enabling your team to approach him? does this mean they're all 1v1?

2) lots of them are just like, wrong? i guess? why is Hanzo good against a character who should never peak chokepoints other than to shoot big M2 balls (symmetra) or zen (who he doesn't bodyshot and who is probably too far from the fight to reliably set up headshots against)? why is lucio, an incredibly mobile character, vulnerable to pharah? just because his projectile means he can't hit her? why are you trying to solo a pharah instead of speed boosting away while she fails to hit a single direct rocket? why isn't every hero in Mccree's "strong against" box? who would ever in their right mind say that mei is good against widow??? there's so many of these.

3) on top of it being flat-out wrong, it contradicts itself kinda. it says genji is a great counter to roadhog, but also that roadhog is great at killing genji. ok those aren't TECHNICALLY opposites but like, come on.

I was expecting the list to be terrible, but in general it is all pretty decent. Most of it doesn't seem to be talking about 1v1, but talking about when everyone is playing their hero somewhat well. The only one that really feels off to me is genji, just because the only engaging I think he should do on tanks is long range stars to build meter.

If you're wondering why Hanzo is good against anyone with 200 or less hp, it is because it is super easy to 1-shot them with scatter shot. If you get a good bounce you can even get the 250 hp guys. Lucio in somewhat restricted areas is pretty easy to hit as pharah, and your only option is to run and hope you make it. I'd say that counts as "strong against". Mei is listed as strong against widow because you use your ice wall to restrict her line of sight while your team moves past the area she is covering.

They're solid general tips, and I'd view specific map/point/comp setups as the exception rather than the norm. Like "Don't Torb on Offense" is a solid rule of thumb, though some specific spots it can be good (some payload maps, maybe something like hana B to throw a turret+ult on the high ground with the push).

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So how do I actually get my origins crossover stuff with the digital ps4 version? Linking my account didn't seem to do anything

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Been running Genji super effectively, i'm only lvl 11 but I feel like I can carry in heavy fights. My favorite thing to do is flanking Widowmaker & Hanzo and then murdering them with their own poo poo. Wall climbing, dashing and double jumping let you move in and out of the fight effortlessly and you can go from the wrong end of a Widow's scope to right up her butt in no time flat. I have also successfully dbl-jump dashed up to a Pharah and the E-flected her entire ult to her face.

RULES OF NATURE

I wish I could play him now

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ddraig posted:

Nah, they won't.

Paired up with symmetra that would make him a 200 health hero, most of which is shields. That's also the reason why Symmetra's shields were taken down to 25 from 50 because it turns out having 200 health Tracers and 250 health Genjis is actually quite a big loving deal.

This is also why they added LOS to Zenyatta's orbs seeing as how he could just place it on Genji and suddenly one of his big weaknesses is gone forever.

Yeah I'm really, really wishing that they rework Symmetra's E into something else. It's incredibly boring and either overpowered (before) or terrible (current).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I wish Mei was better competitively (or just more used) because a good Mei is crazy fun to look at. I'm watching A_Seagull playing her now and he does some absolutely insane stuff with Ice Walls :stare:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
One thing I hate about legendaries is that you can't see the weapons syou can't tell if they're different.

On the off chance someone has Siberian Front Zarya, what's the gun look like? (And do you have weird textures going on on her coat?)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Yeah I'm really, really wishing that they rework Symmetra's E into something else. It's incredibly boring and either overpowered (before) or terrible (current).

It should self regen like hers does

Or E makes car wash bots that heal friendlies if they are damaged and close.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It should self regen like hers does

It does.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

PureRok posted:

It does.

Faster and better!

But I'd rather have Carwash healsprays

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

The problem with Symmetra's shield is buffing every single teammate with it every time they die is just mind bogglingly boring.

It should be something like Zarya's shield that's actually interesting to use.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Elman posted:

The problem with Symmetra's shield is buffing every single teammate with it every time they die is just mind bogglingly boring.

It should be something like Zarya's shield that's actually interesting to use.

I'm usually a big fan of the "buff support" role in games, but individually buffing every teammate has never been fun and Blizzard of all companies should really know this by now. Lùcio does it way better with his auras, and I think it would be cool if Symmetra had a similar mechanic.

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
I played a game where we all picked 76. We were all soldiers now. We actually did real good. So now I am wondering what the best gimmick monoteam is. Chain hooking woth roadhog sounds aMAIzing but I can't help but think that max Winston would be the best.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
What if you could build a wall that when passed through by your team they got the shield

So you could just slap it down somewhere in an entry way and people would just walk through and get it, buff the shield amount but make the deployer destroyable like her other poo poo.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

What if you could build a wall that when passed through by your team they got the shield

So you could just slap it down somewhere in an entry way and people would just walk through and get it, buff the shield amount but make the deployer destroyable like her other poo poo.

That sounds awesome.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Putting down shield/heal stations would fit better with her design as an architect and it would make all her support into "build stuff", just like the teleporter and turrets. I'd love it :3:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I am doing it. I am embracing becoming the cancer that is Mei. And I must say it is incredibly cathartic to be on the giving end of the icicle.

Also, in lieu of shields, I feel like teleporter needs to be moved to a regular skill, and having something else as an ult. Again, I hate to bring up the comparison, but TF2 mitigated the impact of the teleporter by having it cool down in between uses. I feel that with a sufficiently long cooldown, you could make it useful without leaving her stuck on 0% bar until the teleporter is consumed.

(That said I am biased towards my beloved Prism Princess and her laser chainsaw with BFG attachment.)

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:25 on May 27, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Complaint: The Statistics screen sorting is real poo poo. Let me sort by role or by map or let me select multiple heroes

I say this because I want to be able to see my healing average without it factoring in my Soldier:76 games

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Symmetra ult is two giant car wash scrubbers that come in from the side of the map and kill everyone on both teams except you, so you can play with your hard light construct trains in peace.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Random whimsical idea for a replacement ability: That light bridge that she makes in the comic. I'd love to be able to ferry the entire team across from the bell to the balcony from A -> B on Hanamura, for example.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Anyone done any good pubstomps?
Managed to get both points on hanamura in 1:26 which was highly amusing

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
A symmetra costume with pizza degreasing napkins and music slowed down by 87.6%

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Someone told me to gently caress off and stop bming because I said GG after we won lol what the poo poo. How thin does your skin have to be

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

what a shame

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Why in the world am I getting so many 1 hit kill headshots with Hanzo when I'm nailing people in the chest!? I'm not complaining, but it feels really dirty that it's happening constantly. :psyduck:

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 11:48 on May 27, 2016

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

http://webmshare.com/BBmwP

Does this guy's aim look suspicious to anyone else

namely the part where he locks on to a falling d.vas head and tracks her for 3 successive shots, then snaps away to shoot away someone else, then snaps back to d.va and tracks her head for a few more shots

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

A week from now no one will ever get killed again by Hanzo/D.Va ultimates, right

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Minorkos posted:

http://webmshare.com/BBmwP

Does this guy's aim look suspicious to anyone else

namely the part where he locks on to a falling d.vas head and tracks her for 3 successive shots, then snaps away to shoot away someone else, then snaps back to d.va and tracks her head for a few more shots

it does look suspicious but I'd need to see like two or three more before I decide

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

it does look suspicious but I'd need to see like two or three more before I decide

He didn't really kill me during that game at all so I didn't see any other killcams, but when my friends first died to him they immediately claimed aimbot.

that guy's team still lost, by the way. And the guy left once my friend said "reported" in chat after the PotG

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 27, 2016

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Back Hack posted:

Why in the world am I getting so many 1 hit kill headshots with Hanzo when I'm nailing people in the chest!? I'm not complaining, but it feels really dirty that it's happening constantly. :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUtMYkDUnSM

It's this reborn.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Hey, could the goon running the big sheet take my name off it?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Help Im Alive posted:

A week from now no one will ever get killed again by Hanzo/D.Va ultimates, right

Pretty much.

Reaper will always be allowed to stroll right up to blobs and wipe them all out though.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm not sure which stage it is but as a Mercy main I sure don't like that stage with the bright green grass and beautiful blue sky. Like on an aesthetic level I apprecaite it but everything there is so light colored that I feel like I'm straining my eyes trying to see players' white health bars against that backdrop.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

The bloom on numbani destroys me eyesight

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Help Im Alive posted:

You can use your boost to arc the dva mech and if you can flank and do it at a good angle you will clear a point, but hanzo really needs a team to push enemies into his ult, when I hear a hanzo start screaming I meander to the side and avoid the big dumb slow dragons. Really throwing it into the middle of a fight and hoping it spooks the other team is probably the best use of it.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Help Im Alive posted:

Hanzo ultimate is always pretty lethal if you fire it so the dragon actually appears directly on the enemy team instead of drifting slowly towards them. If you're directly in the middle of the dragon when it appears you're probably not going to get out in time.

Every so often I think "Heck, I'll go D.Va, this might be the time she really clicks for me", and every time I am freshly disappointed. She needs to get up close but is incredibly fragile, she can boost into people but then they just run away because her guns slow her to a crawl. If you're facing more than one person then they will dispatch you in seconds and calmly wait around to kill your 150hp pilot form. Her ult is good at scaring people off a point but a lot of other characters can do that without being mediocre while their ult is down.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Siivola posted:

Hey, could the goon running the big sheet take my name off it?

Why? Friends list full?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I'm just getting a bit, I dunno, antsy with all the people in my friends list I don't actually know, and I don't really hang out in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
I wish pubbies would at least try to protect Mercy when she is being targeted.