Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Yeeeah I'm number 1! Holding it down for PBC on the Verminion front.

Of course, there is a 100% chance I'm not #1 by morning when the tournament ends, but let it be known, when it counted (right now, at the time of this post), we were #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
And here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPmeKA5-03M

Well there's certainly a lot to digest here. The deep dungeon is what they're doing with Gelmorra? Cool. AND gently caress THAT'S EDDA ISN'T IT

And also the MSQ looks aces. We fight Velgr at the end of Sohr Khai? Just what the hell is in there? Is Velgr keeping some other secret from everyone?

also shapeshifting ozma jesus yes give it to me

Basically it looks like a lot of the patch budget went into this patch specifically. I am now Fully Hype for it and can't wait.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
While on the subject of Verminion, does anyone have any advice for Challenge #12, the one with the big Demon Brick? Once it destroys my gates, I can't keep up. It may just be that I don't have good enough minions. I only have a bunch of quest and purchasable minions, and some of the veteran reward ones.

I try spamming poppets, including minions of light, Wind-up Neros and mammets, but they're slow and I eventually end up holed up by my final crystal and I run out of time before I can kill the brick. The lowest I've gotten it is maybe 30%.

At this point, I throw myself at it three times a week for my 10k MGP and then leave it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

The biggest question I have about the next patch is whether people are going to be idiots and call the raid VA2 or not.

Who am I kidding, that's not a question at all.

I'd say M2, since they're both Mhachi.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

If that character at the end of the video is Niddhogg's Shade, I think some fuckery or influence from bahamut going on because wow.

e: Someone mentioned they saw some dyed Final Coil armour in the trailer :getin:

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 27, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh man this outfit set thing is awesome and super convenient it is the best thing.

Anyway what level do I have to be to do the make it rain stuff?

EDIT: Also is there any way to change how an item looks? Like the transmogrify stuff from WoW or whatever.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 11:25 on May 27, 2016

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Unguided posted:

I'd say M2, since they're both Mhachi.

Some people call A6 M2 so that would create confusion. Just use VA2 who cares if it's not technically accurate, the only thing that matters is that people know what you're taking about

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

SpaceDrake posted:

Well there's certainly a lot to digest here. The deep dungeon is what they're doing with Gelmorra? Cool. AND gently caress THAT'S EDDA ISN'T IT

And also the MSQ looks aces. We fight Velgr at the end of Sohr Khai? Just what the hell is in there? Is Velgr keeping some other secret from everyone?

also shapeshifting ozma jesus yes give it to me

Basically it looks like a lot of the patch budget went into this patch specifically. I am now Fully Hype for it and can't wait.

Palace of the Dead: I think you're right, and that really psyches me up.

I'm also excited to fight Slafyrsyn at the end of Hullbreaker Hard. Get hyyype!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Assuming I didn't miss anything for people who get gated by the IT department at work:

* MSQ
* Palace of the Dead Deep Dungeon Thing
* Hullbreaker Hard 4-man
* Sohr Kai 4-man
* The Aquapolis is maybe the timeworn maps thing?
* Fields of Glory (Shatter) PVP
* Final Steps of Faith 8-man
* VA2/Weeping City of Mhach, RIP PS3. I don't know how they can keep doing poo poo like this on console, long loading times or otherwise.
* Manderville Quests
* Moogle Beast Tribe Quests
* Flowerpots
* New clothes
* THE POMPADOUR HAS PHYSICS

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

There is so much good stuff in here. I really want those Vath/Vanu outfits. :allears:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I have hope that the Ironworks-looking stuff is 2*-capable generic crafter gear a la Patrician's @ 50.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Leofish posted:

While on the subject of Verminion, does anyone have any advice for Challenge #12, the one with the big Demon Brick? Once it destroys my gates, I can't keep up. It may just be that I don't have good enough minions. I only have a bunch of quest and purchasable minions, and some of the veteran reward ones.

I try spamming poppets, including minions of light, Wind-up Neros and mammets, but they're slow and I eventually end up holed up by my final crystal and I run out of time before I can kill the brick. The lowest I've gotten it is maybe 30%.

At this point, I throw myself at it three times a week for my 10k MGP and then leave it.

When in doubt, the solution to every verminion problem is either wind up odin or gentleman. They both have max speed and huge amounts of atk/def, with decent hp. Doing this I've never failed a verminion challenge before.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Nuebot posted:

Oh man this outfit set thing is awesome and super convenient it is the best thing.

Anyway what level do I have to be to do the make it rain stuff?

EDIT: Also is there any way to change how an item looks? Like the transmogrify stuff from WoW or whatever.

Level 15 for Make It Rain, it's very accessible content.

Also there is indeed a (slightly awkward) transmog system, but it doesn't unlock until level 50 of all things. I do wish they unlocked it earlier. OTOH you'll blow through gear so fast that if you dislike your look now, just wait a bit and it'll change.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

SpaceDrake posted:

Level 15 for Make It Rain, it's very accessible content.

Also there is indeed a (slightly awkward) transmog system, but it doesn't unlock until level 50 of all things. I do wish they unlocked it earlier. OTOH you'll blow through gear so fast that if you dislike your look now, just wait a bit and it'll change.

Oh rad I'm already almost at the right level for that then. As for the transmog, at least there is one. I kind of know what I want my character to wear until I find something cooler so now it's just a matter of levelling up.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

SL the Pyro posted:

If the boss of Hullbreaker Isle (Hard) isn't Slafrsyn or Merlwyb, I'm going to frown very hard.

Welp, I was right on the money with that one. Good on you, Squar-

AND MY GOOD MOOD IS INSTANTLY OVERRIDDEN BY AN UNFATHOMABLE SENSE OF DREAD.

If SE has any sense, Mhach confirmed for the penultimate boss being more difficult than the final boss again.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

SL the Pyro posted:

If SE has any sense, Mhach confirmed for the penultimate boss being more difficult than the final boss again.

If anything, being a 24 man boss, he isn't going to remotely live up to his reputation.

Which is a shame because that fight looks absurdly cool and I figured he was the endboss.

Nuebot posted:

Oh rad I'm already almost at the right level for that then. As for the transmog, at least there is one. I kind of know what I want my character to wear until I find something cooler so now it's just a matter of levelling up.

It is there, and we complained a lot about it not existing in 2.0 and 2.1, which is why it got added. :v: The main problems are that it takes a reagent per "glamour", and you also must own the item in question to use its appearance - the item isn't consumed, but if you want to use your starting chestpiece as your chestpiece at level 60, you have to keep it somewhere, either on a retainer or in your inventory proper. Given how many items there are in the game, this is already proving onerous.

Also. :siren:important information for everbody:siren:: the Gold Saucer event is live, and not only is the quest cool, but the extra MGP applies to all sources earned in the Saucer. All sources. Including the Challenge Log entries.

Needless to say this makes some of the challenge logs comically lucrative to do compared to the effort required, and they refresh daily edit: herp, weekly. Even so.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 27, 2016

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

SL the Pyro posted:

You won't be able to physically attack him unless all 24 people have max rep with every beast tribe (incl. moogles).

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
DGKK has awesome folks who keep the company chest stocked with prisms, so if you are in there then the reagent requirement is mitigated. Can't speak towards the other Excalibur FCs.

But yeah, we need a proper wardrobe or expansion of the armoire, stat. Gear quantity bloat is getting a bit much, and I'm someone who got extra retainers and have a lot more room to store things.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Tortolia posted:

DGKK has awesome folks who keep the company chest stocked with prisms, so if you are in there then the reagent requirement is mitigated. Can't speak towards the other Excalibur FCs.

But yeah, we need a proper wardrobe or expansion of the armoire, stat. Gear quantity bloat is getting a bit much, and I'm someone who got extra retainers and have a lot more room to store things.

TPT's company chest is like 40% glamour prisms. Your note about the extra retainers makes me feel like it's not an issue SE would change, though, because you need to give them money to have extra space, so eliminating it for a kind of glamour catalog like other games have would dis-incentivize paying for extra retainers.

Also #PS3Limitations :v:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I would agree but they have honestly been really good in general about implementing quality of life improvements.

I bought the retainers to get the whole venture class set filled out anyway, that need will never go away.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
So are we getting three ex dungeons? The aquapolis looked like a four man.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mr. Nice! posted:

So are we getting three ex dungeons? The aquapolis looked like a four man.

No, it's the "sometimes spawns from a treasure map" dungeon.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

You won't be able to physically attack him unless all 24 people have max rep with every beast tribe (incl. moogles).

:yeah:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ignimbrite posted:

e: Someone mentioned they saw some dyed Final Coil armour in the trailer :getin:
If I get to dye the buttwings BLM coat EVEN MORE PURPLE I will be an even bigger crime against fashion.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kirbysuperstar posted:

No, it's the "sometimes spawns from a treasure map" dungeon.

I thought that was the palace of the dead.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 27, 2016

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Aquapolis is the loot dimension that sometimes spawns from Dragonskin maps.

Palace of the Dead is the endless dungeon.

Hullbreaker HM and Fantasy Dragon Place Name are the (only) expert dungeons.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I thought the palace of the dead was the thing that spawned from the dragonskin maps. Still, that's a lot of content.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Palace of the dead is the new endless dungeon that's coming in 3.35. It's set in the ruins under the black shroud, a little like Tam-Tara or Toto-Rak.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
3.3 looks really drat good guys :toot:

Which song was the Mhach theme a remix of? I recognize it, just can't place which game/area it's from.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Heeey is it alright for me to join Goon discord even if I'm on an entirely different server? Complete noob here so would like some people to help me out.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stalins Moustache posted:

Heeey is it alright for me to join Goon discord even if I'm on an entirely different server? Complete noob here so would like some people to help me out.

Excalibur goons only :colbert:.

Serious answer no-one cares you'll be fine, go ahead and join.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Does anyone even use the Discord server? There have been like three messages posted in the FFXIV room for all of May.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Xenoveritas posted:

Does anyone even use the Discord server? There have been like three messages posted in the FFXIV room for all of May.

E: I shall never reveal the Wu Tang secret.:ssh:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 27, 2016

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just in case you thought the official forums forgot:

quote:

HOW did we go from having a female looking miqo'te booty that was rounded and well formed in 1.0 to looking like you are some mid teenage girl with no hips at all in 2.0? I mean come on I am female, and I am disappointed in the form of the Miqo'te booty. If people had an issue with the booty of the kitteh then ok tone it down not remove it all together and make us look like we got no junk in that trunk!

BRING BACK THE BOOTY BRING BACK THE BOOTY!!

Do not get me wrong this is not a hate on miqo'te I main one and love playing kitteh with my friends and fc. I just really wish you re thought your actions on the booty of a miqo'te!

If you agree please for the love of all things sane, type : BRING BACK THE BOOTY as your reply. If you think I am wrong in asking for a more rounded miqo'te then I am open to your thoughts

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/293677-Bring-the-Miqo-te-BOOTY-back

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ahh I see it's time for the monthly OF cat booty thread.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I also confused aqua polis with the POTD at some point and stop being hyped for it, but now I have rehyped

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I gave up and transferred to Excal just now. :toot:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Lemon-Lime posted:

I gave up and transferred to Excal just now. :toot:

Welcome to the future! :neckbeard:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So wait, what -are- POTD and Aquapolis? Are either gonna be able to be done solo? There are goons on Balmung but I've been having wacky playtimes recently when not many people are online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Aquapolis is a % chance spawn from doing Dragonskin Maps and it's balanced for 4 people.

POTD is an 'endless dungeon' that scales from 1-4 people. It's going to be available from a lower level than 50 or 60 and the way stats work in the POTD instance will be different to 'normal' dungeons. It's coming in 3.35 so there's not been as much info on it.

• Locked thread