Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

Milo Yianoplous is our generations Oscar Wilde

Sent to prison and dead before he's 50? I can get behind that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Fathis Munk posted:

E: I love mgtow because at its core it's a "I'm taking my ball and going home" philosophy. Except no one cares about their balls.

:laffo: how true this is

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?
I just googled mgtow because I had no idea what you guys were talking about and now I'm... wow. :psyduck:

quote:

A girlfriend is just a silly female who thinks an unmarried man should be interested in not banging other chicks and paying for everything. What idiot would ever sign up for that?

This is the sort of thing I'd expect to hear from a bitter 14 year old boy, holy poo poo.

The subreddit is just so special

quote:

[–]Jos_Metadi 5 points 2 hours ago

36 and virgin here. I don't want to get married to someone who despise me as someone to be used until she gets bored, and I won't have sex outside of marriage for religious reasons. That leaves celibacy.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I dunno, I can't work up any anger or bafflement about them the way I do about MRAs and, especially, PUAs. Mostly I just feel really sad that they have such a bleak view of interaction with 50% of the human race, and that they've had the sort of life experience that has allowed them to never be corrected on their incredibly warped viewpoint. :smith:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I "prefer" them to MRAs and PUAs who seem much more aggressive and try to dominate and exploit women instead of just giving up and retiring to mount celibate echo chamber, yelling at women together :shrug:

They're still idiots but at least they seem less dangerous than the rapey rapey PUAs and MRAs.

E: upon re reading your post actually we are of the same opinion, they are the saddest of the bunch.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 08:34 on May 27, 2016

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Fathis Munk posted:

I "prefer" them to MRAs and PUAs who seem much more aggressive and try to dominate and exploit women instead of just giving up and retiring to mount celibate echo chamber, yelling at women together :shrug:

They're still idiots but at least they seem less dangerous than the rapey rapey PUAs and MRAs.

E: upon re reading your post actually we are of the same opinion, they are the saddest of the bunch.

I agree, MGTOW are just pathetic sad sacks, whereas PUAs and MRAs can be actually dangerous (Elliot Rodger and his fans).

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Fathis Munk posted:

Observation: Women are the Goebbels of Social Media

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Observation: Women are the Goebbels of Social Media

Women are the dog JPEG's of social media

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Has there been any discussion by the red pill community about the fact that the two people who created the red pill/ blue pill metaphors are both now living as women?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

grittyreboot posted:

Has there been any discussion by the red pill community about the fact that the two people who created the red pill/ blue pill metaphors are both now living as women?

who are they? I'd be interested in reading about them

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cumslut1895 posted:

who are they? I'd be interested in reading about them

Lana and Lilly Wachowski.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Serperoth posted:

Lana and Lilly Wachowski.

danke

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Leavemywife posted:

I've seen LOB posting normally in the Venting About Students thread, and I'm starting to become a little worried that some of these quotes are from students.

Where is the venting about students thread? I had a great year, but I would love to read about kids being jerks.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Snowmankilla posted:

Where is the venting about students thread? I had a great year, but I would love to read about kids being jerks.

Here you go.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
My partner goes to DePaul and they just received a notice of a noose left hanging on campus. A measured, mature response to what happened.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
MGTOW had to have been started by a woman who glued a mustache on, went to an MRA meeting, and said, "Hey, you know what would really show those bitches? Leaving them alone. Just going away and not bothering them ever."

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Eponine posted:

My partner goes to DePaul and they just received a notice of a noose left hanging on campus. A measured, mature response to what happened.

What happened at DePaul?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Who What Now posted:

What happened at DePaul?

BLM protestors took over the stage at Milo Yiannopoulos talk

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The girls of my generation had me wanting to live on a mountain top since in was 14
submitted 6 hours ago by MGTAO

Skip like 5 years and a bunch of lame meaningless sexual encounters. And I meet this single mother of two in Texas on line. Didn't listen to anyone of how stupid I was. And I was just literally following chemicals in my brain. Well this girl was illl in the head and just used guys since a early age. She had no sensitive bones or nerves. She just couldn't feel compassion yet being a mother acted like she was the sweetest earth child of the land who is all feminine and all nurturing lol. She was the furthest from that. The young and old mothers of today scare me. They are nothing like my mom whose biggest desire at my age was to become a nun and study theology. But not a single girl left is like that.

"No one will ever be as special or as pure as my mom."

I knew a few guys back in the late 90's who told me they "preferred the company of men" but not in a "gay way". They would talk about how women were too dumb to understand what the complex male mind had going on and how women had smaller brains. Complex thoughts, like dick and fart jokes apparently.

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I dunno, I can't work up any anger or bafflement about them the way I do about MRAs and, especially, PUAs. Mostly I just feel really sad that they have such a bleak view of interaction with 50% of the human race, and that they've had the sort of life experience that has allowed them to never be corrected on their incredibly warped viewpoint. :smith:

Oh I'm not angry at them at all, just baffled. I'm glad they're "going their own way" and not bothering women, but they don't seem to understand how relationships work at all and it just confuses me how someone can make it to adulthood like that. You're right though, they've probably never had any good or meaningful relationships and are lonely, confused and scared. And that's pretty sad.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Otisburg posted:

On the contrary, they're all too easy to get. It's a story as old as Aesop and his proverbial sour grapes.

In the analogy working on being the kind of person women want to be around, and making the effort to not approach them with undisguised and off-putting thirst is like building a ladder or learning to climb.

But I feel like that mindset should lead to garden-variety awfulness, not abandoning your sexuality out of spite

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Vanellope posted:

Oh I'm not angry at them at all, just baffled. I'm glad they're "going their own way" and not bothering women, but they don't seem to understand how relationships work at all and it just confuses me how someone can make it to adulthood like that. You're right though, they've probably never had any good or meaningful relationships and are lonely, confused and scared. And that's pretty sad.
For the sake of my own sanity, I see most of them being miserable youngins going through their teen years. My body is telling me to chat with girls and have a sex and girls don't want to do either with me, gently caress this, I'm so lonely, oh, wait, here's a group of guys on the internet who feel the same way, now I'm not as lonely and slightly less miserable!

Then they grow out of it and end up being well-adjusted individuals who, like everyone else, did dumb things and had dumb ideas when they were young. No big.

Part of me knows, though, that there are plenty of grown-rear end men who take this poo poo too seriously and keep walking the path the other guys grew out of, fallen arches producing obnoxious footfalls with each angry step further into the darkness

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The biggest danger of those toxic internet communities is exactly that they attract teenagers and tell them it's okay to never grow up. It's pretty normal for kids to gravitate towards libertarianism, raytheism and I guess PUAism on their own, and part of establishing a healthy identity is discarding those when you realize you didn't actually have the world figured out at 15. Even if MGTOW are benign in that they actively avoid women, they still gently caress up kids who might not need that much guidance to learn how to have a healthy relationship to women.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Kajeesus posted:

The biggest danger of those toxic internet communities is exactly that they attract teenagers and tell them it's okay to never grow up. It's pretty normal for kids to gravitate towards libertarianism, raytheism and I guess PUAism on their own, and part of establishing a healthy identity is discarding those when you realize you didn't actually have the world figured out at 15. Even if MGTOW are benign in that they actively avoid women, they still gently caress up kids who might not need that much guidance to learn how to have a healthy relationship to women.

I think that's a bit alarmist. Part of growing up is figuring out how to determine who is full of poo poo. It's likely that 75% of these 16 year-old misfits who become MGTOW to cope with their relationship anxieties will facepalm and groan when they're 30 and say "ugh please don't remind me."

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
some shithead got super upset that his precious video game was getting delayed, so he sent a kotaku writer this:

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Scarf posted:

some shithead got super upset that his precious video game was getting delayed, so he sent a kotaku writer this:

"Be afraid human" hahahaha what the gently caress

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
The game seems like it WOULD be cool if there was any type of interaction with other players. It just seems like a dumbed-down version or babby's first Eve Online/Star Citizen.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
What happened in the last 10-15 years to make alleged adults take video games so seriously? I'm fairly certain I never got this mad about video games even as a teenager.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The repeated MGOTW mention of "paying for everything" makes me loving laugh. I was paying for my own poo poo and my dates were paying for their own poo poo at every age. I had my first "relationship" at 13, and never paid for her stuff. I had over a decade of dates after that, and still split bills and ordered separately at counters.

The problem is, you dumb gently caress, you set precedent with paying for the first date. This is the date when you lay out your preferences, and one of them should be equality in paying for goods the relationship needs. Meals and entertainment, eventual home and bills, eventual childcare and healthcare... why would you want to start a relationship saying "hey, even though I hate this I'll pay for everything and just never tell you how it makes me feel" and now you're dishing out cash you don't have for expenses you didn't choose?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

zakharov posted:

What happened in the last 10-15 years to make alleged adults take video games so seriously? I'm fairly certain I never got this mad about video games even as a teenager.

Teenagers who got mad about video games got older, but never grew up.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/status/736205858376290304

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

zakharov posted:

Feminists who talk about video games have awakened the deep-seated, almost primal fear that Mom is going to take your video games away if she sees that they have blood in them.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Or a blogger proudly showing off his ignorance and bigotry

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Well, depends on what subforum you're in...

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Scarf posted:

Wait ... he's mad at the guy for simply reporting the news that there's a delay? Why would he not threaten the developer instead?

:psyduck:

I guess that's why we have the expression "don't kill the messenger".

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

zakharov posted:

You remember that kid who would throw tantrums because he took games too seriously, refused to play with you unless he was player 1 with the good controller and got really mad if you just button mashed in Street Fighter because "that's not how you're supposed to play it! I'm not playing with you anymore!!!" and would throw his controller and start angry crying? That kid is in his 20s now and never changed.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

MoreLikeTen posted:

But I feel like that mindset should lead to garden-variety awfulness, not abandoning your sexuality out of spite

When you're depressed and frustrated (and, in this case, can't figure out that the problem is you/your choices in dates) the urge to give up because things are impossible gets really strong.

Also claiming that you're opting out means you don't have to accept that nobody wants to date you. "I could get women if I wanted! I could be swimming in pussy! I just don't wanna!"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Compassionate conservative values

https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/736187739125714950
https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/736184985133191168
https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/736183547451604992

Mr Ice Cream Glove has a new favorite as of 18:44 on May 27, 2016

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Jesus who is this rear end in a top hat.

Also
https://twitter.com/PaulyBowz/status/736184187435286528

R U an, AMERICAN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
More or less every person involved in bombings and every historian with even a shred of credibility acknowledges that we didn't actually need to use the nukes to end the war with Japan. Most of the people involved in the decision went on to regret it later in life. gently caress off Crowder.