Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

frozenpussy posted:

hey drunkbro are you drunk too

I AM A loving MORON

ya

also of course i'm drunk when i see poo poo like this http://www.evepraisal.com/e/11046048

and flub the drat gank because i can't cycle through my accounts fast enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

DarkMalfunction posted:

So I haven't paid much attention to null the last few weeks: who's now poised to be the new BoB/CFC/Imp power? Has the Imperium got a Steiner-esque assault planned that will turn the war around? Are the Russians gonna storm out the dronelands and create glorious people's republics? Is it just gonna simmer down and stagnate again?

yes

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Zephyrine posted:

They left in fall last year. They never did intergrate into GSF and I 'm sure they felt it as much as GSF did.

:agreed:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54254604/

:aaaaa:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Love the comment.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

:eyepop: wow

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

quote:

And I thought I was stupid when I bought my first 3 injectors at Perimeter and had to move em to Jita...

edit: imagine if they dropped... it would have been like finding a retarded leprechaun that you had to punch in the face to get your gold.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 10:46 on May 27, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Can people scan your cargo? Or was it an inside job? That seems crazy to carry so much in such a little ship in the biggest scamming area.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Can people scan your cargo? Or was it an inside job? That seems crazy to carry so much in such a little ship in the biggest scamming area.

People can indeed scan your cargo. That might well be what happened since its pretty unlikely someone would suicide gank with a svipul just to kill a shuttle unless they had reason to believe there was something worth killing with it.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Daco Vato posted:

I know this will probably leak to reddit, but I've actually been named the new director of cap ships for our vaunted alliance. As such. I have ordered all capital ships to continue standing down and all pilots to keep using communication protocol level z0r until further notice.

Shut up Paco

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Carth Dookie posted:

People can indeed scan your cargo. That might well be what happened since its pretty unlikely someone would suicide gank with a svipul just to kill a shuttle unless they had reason to believe there was something worth killing with it.

I'm assuming it was an insta lock svipul. But to lock it and scan it, and ultimately pop it before it's gone to warp is pretty fast?

I thought shuttles were quite quick, not interceptor quick mind.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oodles posted:

I'm assuming it was an insta lock svipul. But to lock it and scan it, and ultimately pop it before it's gone to warp is pretty fast?

I thought shuttles were quite quick, not interceptor quick mind.

they're not instawarp quick which means someone could have scanned it with another ship when it undocked and then the svipul killed it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Shuttles do have a sub 1 second align time, so they're unkillable unless they don't use a proper insta-dock, or are smartbombed on gates.

That guy in particular likes to sit both on the incoming traffic to 4-4, and on the undock. The guy could have died any of these ways:
1) Being AFK off the station undock.
2) Being shot as he undocked (Unlikely, as a ganker would have to cycle a cargo scanner to decide if he was worth ganking or he's just shooting random shuttles, which tend to have nothing* inside of them 99% of the time.)
3) Being shot after he warped to the station, but died on the approach. (ie warping to zero, but not an insta dock. This is equally as unlikely as #2 because again, scanning time.)
4) Autopiloting. (most likely scenario.)
e: 5) DCing. (Somewhat unlikely, as a shuttle logging off will draw no attention compared to something like a freighter, and will enter it's emergency warp rather quickly. It's possible that he may have undocked, DCed, and died at the start while the client was waiting on confirmation that he DCed or something i don't know i'm not a computer nerd.)

*no one suicides a 60 mil ship for a 10,000 isk ship

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 27, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Shuttles do have a sub 1 second align time, so they're unkillable unless they don't use a proper insta-dock, or are smartbombed on gates.

That guy in particular likes to sit both on the incoming traffic to 4-4, and on the undock. The guy could have died any of these ways:
1) Being AFK off the station undock.
2) Being shot as he undocked (Unlikely, as a ganker would have to cycle a cargo scanner to decide if he was worth ganking or he's just shooting random shuttles, which tend to have nothing* inside of them 99% of the time.)
3) Being shot after he warped to the station, but died on the approach. (ie warping to zero, but not an insta dock. This is equally as unlikely as #2 because again, scanning time.)
e: 5) DCing. (Somewhat unlikely, as a shuttle logging off will draw no attention compared to something like a freighter, and will enter it's emergency warp rather quickly. It's possible that he may have undocked, DCed, and died at the start while the client was waiting on confirmation that he DCed or something i don't know i'm not a computer nerd.)

*no one suicides a 60 mil ship for a 10,000 isk ship

you forgot F) baited on a free can

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Glory of Arioch posted:

you forgot F) baited on a free can

i don't understand this meme

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Here's that guys Svipul fit

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54222140/

If Shuttles still have a 25 meter signature radius, that Svipul with max skills in Sharpshooter mode would lock it in under 2 seconds (rounded up to 2) and then a third second to shoot it. Two remote sebos and a Quafe could get it under 1 second, plus an additional second to shoot. The tricky thing however is that cargo scanner - looks like it completes a scan in 1.152 seconds, which I assume would round up to two seconds, making the entire event over and done with in 4 seconds if he was a computer that could identify valuable cargo immediately and then immediately fire on the shuttle.

Regardless, 5ish seconds - could have been a warp-to-station and then 2,000m off of it scenario, or it could have been an undock and then align and accidentally not immediately warp situation. Either way you spin it, there's two very upset people in EVE right now!

Otacon fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 27, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i don't understand this meme

i am not sure that has stopped anyone from using a meme

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Are people that stupid to autopilot with that much stuff in their hold?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
He probably did manual piloting but combined with alt+tabbing

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Oodles posted:

Yes.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oodles posted:

oh god yes

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Glory of Arioch posted:

i am not sure that has stopped anyone from using a meme

glad of it

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

According to Reddit, Skill Injectors were ~8mil isk cheaper next door to Jita, in a citadel in Perimeter - looks like this guy was trying to buy low there and sell high in Jita and got blapped because he didn't use an insta-dock bookmark. An expensive lesson to learn!

Also worth noting: You can't remotely inject Injectors from a citadel, they need to be located in a station. Double ouch.

Also fitting: a pilot named Trader got suicide ganked by a pilot named Kamikaze.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 27, 2016

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Fix Lag posted:

And by we I mean me, personally. It hurt inside.

You've done it Mara. You've officially ended the golden age of Hole Squad.

tempezt
Oct 28, 2011

jm20 posted:

I afk freighter all the time, am I at risk?

As you afk your 1 billion isk freighter, think how are you going to get it replaced. If you can replace it then afk all the way. if not well goodluck!
Do remember that going thought space you are going to get in to a fight at some point.
I lost my frighter it was my error. still trying to get it replaced. (when resub again) .
SO do also remember when having alot of stuff in your freighter, people will target you more....

Bloodspike
Apr 29, 2016

Mandingueiro danado

Hubbl3 posted:

Doing gods work.

The gank was really well done. I had a webber and all and it seemed to me like I webbed at the proper time. Logical_Fallacy did tell me later on that I missed a tick. It was probably due to my poo poo laptop.

jm20 posted:

This is why you have separate accounts no one knows about that cannot be traced back to you even if you think your space friends are the greatest.

That alt was known to a lot of people as it was my neutral JF alt and was also used a good few times to move MINILUV stuff around.

Zephyrine posted:

Rhea says 12. But other sources point to it being in the 4.5 range.

I just redid the math and it was around 6.5b. Yeah, I lied because why not.

i thought lea stormwhatever was a miniluv hauler

boney i let them go carrying 10 bil like a week ago

boney why

I had actually noted that I still had light blue (0.2) standing with CODE. about a week ago. I think it's from the just-before-I-left kill when I was hauling Talos minerals for MINILUV, if that rings any bells.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Sadness. I'll try to work on our communication problems more in the future, bae.

Regarding Rhea, if you're reading this, no hard feelings, it was nothing personal. A lot of guys got pretty excited since he went fuckgoons, but I don't really get that upset about that stuff. He was a cool MiniLuv dude, but nbsi.

Content is content, no hard feelings. I was sorta wondering how long it'd take until Miniluv actually caught up with me. Well done once again. Hope the pointer enjoys the reward. :D

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

frozenpussy posted:

can I petition this since I'm a literal cuck and it's not a meme it's a way of life for me as a cuck

Don't bother petition response time is 3 weeks+ for non stuck petitions, and probably a week for stuck petitions now

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

DarkMalfunction posted:

Has the Imperium got a [...] plan[ ]

no

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Bloodspike posted:

That alt was known to a lot of people as it was my neutral JF alt and was also used a good few times to move MINILUV stuff around

Let me get this straight. You supposedly looted some dudes who know about your neutral alts, and do nothing to mitigate the potential disaster that could happen :raise:

Bloodspike
Apr 29, 2016

Mandingueiro danado

jm20 posted:

Let me get this straight. You supposedly looted some dudes who know about your neutral alts, and do nothing to mitigate the potential disaster that could happen :raise:

Indeed.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Otacon posted:

According to Reddit, Skill Injectors were ~8mil isk cheaper next door to Jita, in a citadel in Perimeter - looks like this guy was trying to buy low there and sell high in Jita and got blapped because he didn't use an insta-dock bookmark. An expensive lesson to learn!

Also worth noting: You can't remotely inject Injectors from a citadel, they need to be located in a station. Double ouch.

I actually bought one of those injectors too. Unsure if it's a bug, but I couldn't use the injector locally either while docked in the Perimeter Citadel. Had to move it to an NPC station, but a) just had the one, b) was on an instawarp inty, and c) had proper instadock bookmarks.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

jm20 posted:

Don't bother petition response time is 3 weeks+ for non stuck petitions, and probably a week for stuck petitions now

I just received 2 weeks from a GM for a petition I made... last month? The petition itself was denied, though. If I petition a post here do I get something awful Gold for 2 weeks

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

rgocs posted:

I actually bought one of those injectors too. Unsure if it's a bug, but I couldn't use the injector locally either while docked in the Perimeter Citadel. Had to move it to an NPC station, but a) just had the one, b) was on an instawarp inty, and c) had proper instadock bookmarks.

There's a couple of wonky things happening in citadels- like being unable to trade, activating PLEX/using Injectors, and a few other things.

But we can cyno onto them safely! ~my killboard stats~

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I have a petition that's been lingering for a week. I finally got a response and it was a GM telling me they were busy and if I still needed help I had to respond to the ticket or they would close it in 7 days :v:

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 27, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Zephyrine posted:

I have a petition that's been lingering for a week. I finally got a response and it was a GM telling me they were busy and if I still needed help I had to respond to the ticket or they would close it in 7 days :v:

reply to that petition right away (like I did) to make sure you get bumped back to the front of the queue (or something) and receive 2 weeks of additional game time as a consolation prize.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Would there be a way to ask deadtear to unfuck my situation? I kind of got banned from goonswarm... I know, I'm that loving horrible.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

bluegoon posted:

Would there be a way to ask deadtear to unfuck my situation? I kind of got banned from goonswarm... I know, I'm that loving horrible.

Did you atleast post goatse?

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Thatim posted:

Did you atleast post goatse?

I'm serious though I got banned the gently caress out of goonfleet, it involved a rogue division called psyops, jabber, and the Icelandic police department, I still think it was pretty funny. But yeah Mittani thought it good to kick my rear end out.

Edit: spelling

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

bluegoon posted:

I'm serious though I got banned the gently caress out of goonfleet, it involved a rogue division called psyops, the icelanding police department, I still think it was pretty funny. But yeah Mittani thought it good to kick my rear end out.

Psyops claims another victim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Zephyrine posted:

Psyops claims another victim.

Well, obviously, it's psyops..

• Locked thread