Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Smythe posted:

I'm thinking about 8.1 and I'm getting pretty hornt

I have a Windows 8.1 partition on my Mac and it works great. It's fast and runs everything and just works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

GameCube posted:

windowsfag: "apple is for non-technical women and children. i'm a power user, i use windows. hurrrrrrrr"

microsoft: *replaces the brightness slider with a button that switches between five distinct Brightness Levels*

windowsfag: "My Computer Company has abandoned me. One Apple iPad Pro, please. And please responsibly dispose of this Surface 4; it is no longer of use to anybody."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
thats ou're graph

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

GameCube posted:

windowsfag: "apple is for non-technical women and children. i'm a power user, i use windows. hurrrrrrrr"

microsoft: *replaces the brightness slider with a button that switches between five distinct Brightness Levels*

windowsfag: "My Computer Company has abandoned me. One Apple iPad Pro, please. And please responsibly dispose of this Surface 4; it is no longer of use to anybody."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Windows 10 is good on my convertible 10" asus tablet, come at me haters

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Windows 10 is actually bad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

Windows 10 is actually bad

Wrong. It's loving awesome you stupid piece of poo poo.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

maniacdevnull posted:

what do you think your ratio of tablet:laptop usage is

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

i installed a wicked s1k new graphics card and ftwindows 10 found the drivers automatically. had to do an update but never had to restart. i was in overwatch speccing Widowmaker's rear end wihthin minutes

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

maniacdevnull posted:

does it fit in your cargo jorts side pocket?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Condiv posted:

After a few days of long hours, I (28HLM) genuinely asked how she (24LLF) was feeling. Immediately and without hesitation, I got the typical "exhausted" comment. Then she said (after considerable hesitation) "....we can have sex."

It felt disgusting. More of the obligatory, keep the peace, star-fish sex on the Menu. So I told her "no, I'm okay. I don't want the kind of sex you're offering. I want actual involved intimacy. Or we'll have extremely lazy sex tonight, you'll mentally tally it, and we'll go another 2 weeks without any kind of physical contact." "OR you're going to say 'we can have sex' and then you'll fall asleep on the couch and make no mention of it tomorrow or the next day"

"I'm sorry. I'll work on it." (as usual)

Me: "How are you going to do that?"

"I don't know, I'll work on it."

Cue toddler waking up.

This is incredibly frustrating given all of the recent circumstances plus I was an idiot in the past and just left this at "I'll work on it" without actually hearing her plan. (She doesn't have one.) I think she's just saying it to shut me up but any talk about sex doesn't go very far with a toddler in the room. And, she fell asleep. I hate being right.

We've "compromised" in the past. 3x/week was the goal. This meant 1 time early in the week (usually a quickie just for the tally), me getting irritated later in the week (Thursday, Friday) and her reminding me that "OMG we just had sex on Monday!" So it usually turned into 1, maybe 2x per week if I'm LUCKY. She followed thru maybe twice on this in 6 months otherwise it's business as usual.

Last week: Thursday - work event until 9PM "too tired to keep my eyes open" Friday - "I'm exhausted" Saturday - "We can do it in the hotel tonight." Key word here was CAN. (Exhausted again) Sunday - "We can have a quickie tonight, but I'd rather have good sex on Monday" Monday - woke up to a note saying "I have a deadline for Thursday, so I'll probably be at work late." Anything over 8 hours is a definite no-go in the bedroom. Needless to say we did not have the good sex I was excited for on Monday night. She knew about the deadline before the weekend.

So here I am, more than a week from the first glimmer of hope in 3+ weeks.

Not sure what I'm looking for. Maybe just ranting tonight.

lol how does someone type all this and not realize that their sexual relationship is over and never going to come back

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that guy seems rly obsessed with putting his dick inside his wife. get a freakin hobby. jeez

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

also it's ugly as balls i mean seriously aero looks so much better, christ

"B-b-but Aero stoled my GPU cycles!"

GameCube posted:

the windows 8 Charms Bar: big, touchable buttons that provide what you need, when you need it - and stay out of your way when you don't.

the windows 10 Tablet Mode: buttons tinier than system tray icons, that stay on-screen constantly, wasting precious Screen Real Estate on my One Hundred Dollar Tablet.

any questions? yeah. didn't think so. idiot

What the gently caress is a Charms Bar? Who would ever think calling something a Charms Bar was a good idea?

What kind of Idiot Hell Fucker would use a Windows tablet?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Doc Block posted:

What the gently caress is a Charms Bar? Who would ever think calling something a Charms Bar was a good idea?

If you review the evidence, you will find that Windows 8.1 on the Tablet is supreme.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

windows 10 was a little shaky in the beta but at this point it's cock solid and i have no ragrets about using it instead of windows 7. you gotta turn off cortana and poo poo but lol if you've ever kept a computer configured the way it was from the factory. like a child

windows 8 and 8.1 were bad.

this.

at a minimum delete the shity live tiles and collapse the start menu down to a non-comedy size.

now have 10 running boot camped on both my MacBooks and on both of my mac pros as well as on my shity acer home theater pc. I also upgraded my folks' desktop pic as a whim. they both primarily use their iPads though, and probably haven't noticed the change. I think they only use that fuckin thing when they need to print something.

my 'games' machine still has xp on it. idgaf about it, haven't switched it on in months. it's an old Dell P4 crapcan, prolly won't run 10 anyway

not switching any of the work PCs because gently caress doing all that work just some can spend time and resources retraining end users just to get them back up to the level of productivity that they have with win 7

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Doc Block posted:

those infected with incurable fail AIDS

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol how does someone type all this and not realize that their sexual relationship is over and never going to come back

windows users

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
also the Windows-X menu is p much the one thing I'd like to have in Win7

dunno about 8 because Fuuuck Tablet GUIs on desktop's

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

buttcrackmenace posted:

and on both of my mac pros

macbooks pro

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
in Windows 7 the product is Windows
in Windows 10 the product is me

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
that was p funny how microsoft forgot to make a desktop version for their tablet os, windows 8/8.1, and responded to that by forgetting to make a tablet version of their desktop os, windows 10

windows 10 owns but i only got around to installing it on my desktop like a week ago (had it on my laptop for a few months longer). i wasn't even getting nag messages about it though because it turns out i hadn't even installed any windows updates for like a year or something :nyoron: yospos bithc

(back in the windows xp days it had this cool setting where instead of updating automatically it could notify you so you could have it install them when you were ready with a single mouse click. windows 8 had an equivalent option except instead of actually notifying you it would just hide a message in a place where you'd never see it then force you to go through a dozen menus to actually install them :shobon:)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
pee pee

doo doo

it is a bad os

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

im pretty happy with how fast win10 boots on an ssd

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

windows 10 copy paste is really good and the environment variable editor is really good and powershell is finally usable. the tiling window manager owns too. wish I had win 10 at work

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

GameCube posted:

what do you think your ratio of tablet:laptop usage is

fairly even? i normally use the keyboard for post post posting but detach it for anything im just watching/reading. even as just a laptop its got incredible battery life, and it charges from micro usb / 5v chargers. even if you never detached it, i'd recommend it as a ultralight laptop.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

one is a macbook the other is a macbook pro

now what

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

buttcrackmenace posted:

one is a macbook the other is a macbook pro

now what

macbooks pro et al

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

Bloody posted:

windows 10 copy paste is really good and the environment variable editor is really good and powershell is finally usable. the tiling window manager owns too. wish I had win 10 at work

Another coolcopy paste feature of Windows 10 is how it copies everything you type and pastes it to a Microsoft server.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the only thing that's cool about windows 10 is the explorer rightclick menu finally finally has the option to open a folder in a new window

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

macbooks pro et al

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Bloody posted:

which one is the tiling wm?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the only thing that's cool about windows 10 is the explorer rightclick menu finally finally has the option to open a folder in a new window

that's not new tho

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

which one is the tiling wm?

winkey plus arrows

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

mishaq posted:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Bloody posted:

windows 10 copy paste is really good
is this new? p sure i remember you being able to copy and past in windows 8.1

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

mishaq posted:

No dummy, it doesn't fit in my pants, it's a great big ten inch

tablet

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bloody posted:

winkey plus arrows

you can also drag and snap windows to the edges

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
LOL at copy/paste being in the positives column for Win10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Ordinary computer user: "GM broke into my car and replaced the dashboard controls with buttons and the steering wheel with a joystick and added a GPS tracker that tells them where it is"
YOSPOS poster who I am told probably fucks his computer and cums in it on the regular: "What's wrong with that? Your car was getting old anyway."

• Locked thread