Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Full spoiler is up

Hello there Calciderm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

gently caress yeah Duress!!!!!!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Also reset Planeswalker loyalty, bounce your auras and reattach them (ignoring hexproof/shroud, right?), get your own stuff out from under your opponent's auras, etc.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
No Craterhoof, or anything sexier than Maelstrom Wanderer to Natural Order for. Yuck.

Unless you NO up a Shaman of the Pack for a zap to the face or something.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Doesn't seem to be much of interest for Pauper, which is kind of disappointing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So for the Reanimator deck you pretty much have Victimize and Animate dead as your only reanimation spells, right? Oh Extract from Darkness and Torrent of Souls too. So 4 Uncommon enablers.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 27, 2016

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Also lets you untap your strionic resonator and sol ring and make everyone at the edh table mad at you.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Was young pyro spoiled before today?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Was young pyro spoiled before today?

No. Relic of Progenitius too. Both at Uncommon.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Oh cool foil beetleback chiefs. Also no worldly tutor.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Some really good stuff in this and some absolute loving garbage as well. I'm trying to figure out if I will even open the boxes I preordered or wait.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lots of Garbage but this limited format looks fun as hell.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

Doesn't seem to be much of interest for Pauper, which is kind of disappointing.

Night's Whisper, Elephant Guide (?!), Mongoose :3: might be interesting

I guess Elephant guide was already common in VMA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

netcat posted:

Even Rancor on a Mongoose is gonna be annoying as hell.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Also Cephalid Sage was downgraded to common and I doubt it will see any play but I love that card

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

mcmagic posted:

How do you get it onto the mongoose?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Did I miss something, or does white only have one mythic (Balance)?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cactrot posted:

You're right. NM.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

Shroud is not Hexproof

C-Euro posted:

They probably considered Ravages of War and then decided that gently caress you you want Sphinx of the Steel Wind

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

C-Euro posted:

I think they are counting the multicolor cards against it.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Cactrot posted:

:thejoke:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I miss shroud, it was so much more balanced then loving hexproof.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Some really good stuff in this and some absolute loving garbage as well. I'm trying to figure out if I will even open the boxes I preordered or wait.

What, you didn't expect this exact outcome from the moment the set was announced?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
As someone who buys all 5 Commander decks every year they have 'em, and usually buys every Duel Decks set, this set has a TON of poo poo that has been in both products. Like it's not bad enough they bump rarities on anything that costs any amount of money, but they are also tossing in a bunch of junk rares that are more available than an average rare is. It seems really really lazy.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Angry Grimace posted:

They probably considered Ravages of War and then decided that gently caress you you want Sphinx of the Steel Wind

That's funny because when I was thinking "What could be in EMA?" My first thought was "OH drat!! I would love to see me some Sphinx of the steel wind, legacy bomb card and badass finisher!"

Thanks Wizards for letting me live the dream,

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Powered up limited environments are awesome and if nothing else this set is that.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

A Fancy Bloke posted:

As someone who buys all 5 Commander decks every year they have 'em, and usually buys every Duel Decks set, this set has a TON of poo poo that has been in both products. Like it's not bad enough they bump rarities on anything that costs any amount of money, but they are also tossing in a bunch of junk rares that are more available than an average rare is. It seems really really lazy.

Wizards of the Coast

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

netcat posted:

I guess Elephant guide was already common in VMA

Also maybe daze won't be a million dollars online

Judd Stackington
Oct 27, 2015
I'm pleased with Pauper because I can now afford another two decks instead of another deck. Only two cards over 5tix and before that Daze was 20tix alone.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I always wondered who WotC was talking about when they said players treated shroud like hexproof.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i want to live the dragon combo dream

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

black potus posted:

I always wondered who WotC was talking about when they said players treated shroud like hexproof.

It's very sneaky of WOTC to include a bunch of great Auras in a set with Shroud.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

That's what Brago is for, right?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Pit fighters cycle is in but only poor Rorix is cursed with bad art

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Oh poo poo, has anyone said no Port yet?

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

black potus posted:

That was me when I first started (before hexproof even existed). Won many games throwing Trusty Machetes on Sphinx of Jwar Isle, because a 5/5 flier clearly needs to be even bigger, and no one ever including me ever noticed.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

The limited chaff is all making my super nostalgic for my crappy 6th grade schoolyard decks. Phantom Monster! Gaseous Form! Memory Lapse!

Lol they kept Serendib Efreet at rare.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

odiv posted:

I'm rich

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

odiv posted:

I can't wait to pick up my new Rishidan Ports.
*checks spoilers*
:gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
In addition to no good NO target, there is also no good manasink for Gorger/Animate save for ... Wildfire Emissary? No, that doesn't work either!

Why put these things in?

• Locked thread