Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Goetta posted:

I don't know if this is controversial or anything but I think Bastion is the only garbage hero in the game. Not garbage in super unbalanced, just fun killing and boring. All the other ones are super interesting and offer something unique even if they obviously borrow from something else in the genre,, which is pretty remarkable for a FPS game made in tyool 2016.

Widow. If the enemy team has a really good widow it is FAR more frustrating than any Bastion.

I got the Vigilante Mcree skin last night and so finally had to play as Mcree and holy poo poo is he fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Onean posted:

I put a link to your post in the OP, just in case.

That's brilliant, cheers.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

looks like we have barons to thank for the icon and hamburger test to thank for buying the zenpop emote

for all your overwatch eyepop needs

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
That Mariachi and El Blanco Reaper doesn't change DIE DIE DIE into mariachi music is a loving travesty.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Reo posted:

I was on a team with wolf'd up Hanzo and not only did he say Let the Wolf consume you, the attack was white wolves instead of blue dragons :)

Speaking of which, last night I noticed that at least the graphics for the dragons stay active for a really loving long time. Two Hanzos shot them from the gate to Hanamura A, I got there on defense right after they had already passed the point, and I just watched the dragons fly off to the distance, towards the mountain in the background. It was really quite pretty.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

:shrug:
I'm not saying you're wrong but I haven't seen any of the goofy huntsman boxes yet. Even when I was killed by hanzo. It's mostly been pretty clean.
Maybe it gets dodgy the farther away it is? Most kills I'm thinking of are mid range.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Did no one watch the video I posted.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
It's definitely seems like the arrow hitbox covers the entire length of the arrow, making it slightly easier to hit strafing targets.

Kill feeds are hilariously bad with Hanzo: half-charged shots that land short of my feet yet display HEADSHOT with my death.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Had a good couple matches in Arcade

First was on Gibraltar. On Defense, I want Toblerone, which didn't work, then something else, then eventually Zarya. Zarya is much harder to kill in Arcade mode, and thanks to constantly shielding enemies and myself I was at full charge a lot of the time. We eventually won that. On offense I picked Tracer. I wasn't that great with her, but not super-terrible. One moment I recall was when I had nearly killed a Reaper when it went smoke-shaped. I knew it was heading for the health so I blinked there before it. I couldn't pick it up because I was already full. It stood there a second until it materialized and then it shot at me from across the room, letting me take the health and then kill its helpless butt. We won that round thanks to our own Zarya.

Next was on Route 66. I went Mei first, but the attacking team went double Pharah. My first thought was to go Widow to counter, but I got killed by a Tracer, so I swapped to D.Va. From there on I spent most of my time in the skies harassing the Pharah. The double health and faster booster cooldown in arcade mode makes D.Va much more viable. I kept bothering and harassing the enemy Pharahs and we kept them from capping the first point. Victory.

I stick with D.Va on defense even though the enemy was down to one Pharah. It still worked, even better because by that time I remembered Defense Matrix to neutralize her rocket barrages. The enemy team countered by going with 3-4 D.Vas which I couldn't do that much with, so I mostly harassed the other remaining members because the D.Vas couldn't do much to me either. We won that round.

Ddraig posted:

D.Va has the highest health pool in the game (650, 400 of which is armour)

Giving her a smaller headbox would make her most dependable counters pretty bad against her and make her way more powerful than she is. It's the same principle with giving Zenyatta more health, it seems like a common sense solution, but given that he shits out damage himself and is a huge enabler for increased damage among other people, giving him any sort of edge over his counters would tip the balance hugely in one direction. He's already teetering on the edge of being imbalanced and almost gets there when paired up with Symmetra and her shields/flanking counters, but Teamwork is forever OP and that's fair enough.

First, it's 500 HP (400 of which is Armor), NOT 650 HP. Secondly, she really, really does not remotely feel like a 500 HP character. I've played 500 HP characters. Zarya, a 400 HP character feels much tougher than D.Va. I've tried playing as D.Va a lot and her mech dies very quickly.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
everyone is saying Hanzo's arrow has a huge hitbox, but isn't it about the same as other non-hitscan projectiles?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I have literally never seen a Hanzo kill that I feel was in any way earned. Honestly, even the best Widowmakers I feel that they deserved that kill, with Hanzo it's always either the result of spam or incredibly wonky hit detection.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

First, it's 500 HP (400 of which is Armor), NOT 650 HP.

She doesn't die when her mech does.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

First, it's 500 HP (400 of which is Armor), NOT 650 HP. Secondly, she really, really does not remotely feel like a 500 HP character. I've played 500 HP characters. Zarya, a 400 HP character feels much tougher than D.Va. I've tried playing as D.Va a lot and her mech dies very quickly.

I guess D.Va now dies when you blow up her mech? When did they introduce that?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Your Computer posted:

Did no one watch the video I posted.

I'm at work

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Papercut posted:

Widow. If the enemy team has a really good widow it is FAR more frustrating than any Bastion.

I got the Vigilante Mcree skin last night and so finally had to play as Mcree and holy poo poo is he fun.

I partially hate Widow because I know how I play her, which is charged up body shots for days. You don't need to head shot when you are covering the one and only entrance to an area, just tap them again when they go for a second try.

I will stop when it stops being effective

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Yeah, everyone's noticed how crazy forgiving the arrow hitbox is

it's kinda bullshit

I was completely behind a wall with my shoulder just about at the edge and a Hanzo still hit me

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Favor the shooter :thumbsup:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
My favorite sound has become "DIE! DIE! --- uurrrggghh!"

Can someone explain what the little voice clips you can get from loot boxes are for? Does it just add the clip to list the game will choose from when gabbing on your behalf?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Goetta posted:

I don't know if this is controversial or anything but I think Bastion is the only garbage hero in the game. Not garbage in super unbalanced, just fun killing and boring. All the other ones are super interesting and offer something unique even if they obviously borrow from something else in the genre,, which is pretty remarkable for a FPS game made in tyool 2016.

Widowmaker is way more boring than Bastion. Widowmaker is literally just your bullshit FPS sniper with xray vision sometimes.

Dick Trauma posted:

Can someone explain what the little voice clips you can get from loot boxes are for? Does it just add the clip to list the game will choose from when gabbing on your behalf?

You can press a button/select the option from the voice menu to play those lines whenever you want. Good for annoying your team at the start of the match.

a-Mei-zing!
a-Mei-zing!
a-Mei-zing!
a-Mei-zing!
a-Mei-zing!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

It's just a video showing, in the training room, that the arrow's hitbox is about the size of a cannonball instead of an arrow and that you can headshot someone from nowhere near their head.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

Deleted.

/edit: If anyone else wants to be taken off the list (or have their information changed), you can send me an edit request via the sheet itself with the info and I'll do the changes.
Cheers, luv!

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Dick Trauma posted:

Check the dialog wheel, Voice Line should be on there.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dick Trauma posted:

You equip them just like skins and emotes, and if you go into the keybindings you can bind the voice line to a key and spam it throughout the entire match!

Winkey face ;)

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

deadwing posted:

She doesn't die when her mech does.

No, just about three seconds later to the thing which effortlessly killed the mech in the first place. Or if you're lucky, you can get away and spend the next 30 seconds plinking away trying to get the mech back, meanwhile your team is short a character which could be doing anything at all better than pilot-form D.Va.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Is there any resource out there that shows how your weapons/turrets look with different skins? Cause in Hero's Gallery picking skins you can't see your weapon. And Soldier 76, for example, will have a different weapon based on his skin. His Command/Night Ops skins has his weapon looking like an M16, for example.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

No, just about three seconds later to the thing which effortlessly killed the mech in the first place. Or if you're lucky, you can get away and spend the next 30 seconds plinking away trying to get the mech back, meanwhile your team is short a character which could be doing anything at all better than pilot-form D.Va.

D Va without the mech is still pretty good

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Or if you're lucky, you can get away and spend the next 30 seconds plinking away trying to get the mech back, meanwhile your team is short a character which could be doing anything at all better than pilot-form D.Va.

but this way i can rack up <10% elimination assists for a 23:0 killing spree, clearly dva is very powerful

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Your Computer posted:

You equip them just like skins and emotes, and if you go into the keybindings you can bind the voice line to a key and spam it throughout the entire match!

Winkey face ;)

Or confuse the hell out of people with Zarya's "I want to hug you like big, fuzzy bear" at the start of a match.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I partially hate Widow because I know how I play her, which is charged up body shots for days. You don't need to head shot when you are covering the one and only entrance to an area, just tap them again when they go for a second try.

I will stop when it stops being effective

This is my problem with her. I'm thinking they should make it so you can only shoot fully charged. The double tap is bullshit.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i was playing hanzo the other night (poorly) and was running back from spawn on one of the KOTH maps. remembered i had the sensor arrow thing and knew they were pushing the point, so i decided to lob it from across the map as soon as i could. lined it up through maybe a 2 pixel wide gap between pillars in the general direction of their team and my aim is so bad i was just hoping to get it through

which headshot a soldier 76

if you are reading this, soldier, i am sorry

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TheTatteredKing posted:

This is my problem with her. I'm thinking they should make it so you can only shoot fully charged. The double tap is bullshit.

Her attack speed is insane and even the charge is really fast. :sigh: I even saw it catch A_seagull off guard and in the kill cam he was like "oh drat I forgot she could fire that fast".

I hope I stay in scrub tier matchmaking forever and only have to deal with terrible Widowmakers (even if half of them are on my team).

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

So you agree that she has 650 health and that she doesn't disappear into the void when her 500 mech health is depleted, which is incidentally what other characters who run out of health tend to do.

FrozenMeats
Apr 28, 2003

Preserved for the ages.

Despite her mech having a lot of armor, her head hitbox on the mech is huge and in the middle of the model so it's very easy to hit. I always feel ineffective as a tank playing anything but Reinhardt, though Roadhog does have his moments.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tanks are more about damage mitigation than they are about just absorbing damage themselves. (Well, except Roadhog.) Diva can soak hilarious amounts of damage with her shield that people tend to constantly forget about. If you're smart about how you use it you can completely shut down some enemy pushes.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
That's because Reinhardt is the only actual proper Tank tank type tank, who can absorb a poo poo ton of damage and push forward.

Which is why I know we're always going to lose when our sole tank in any given attack map is D.Va or Roadhog. I'd even take Winston over those two as an attacking tank as he can at least establish a new baseline front by pushing back defenders.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Earlier someone mentioned the idea that teammates should be able to walk through Mei's ice wall for a defensive buff, like receive a little Reinhardt shield. I read that as "receive a little Reinhardt" and I had this image of a Clank size Reinhardt running before me with his shield out.

Blizzard make it happen.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Would it be enough if there was just no headshot hitbox? Or the headshot hitbox would be the size of pilot forms head?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
they simply need to remove Dvas head

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ddraig posted:

That's because Reinhardt is the only actual proper Tank tank type tank, who can absorb a poo poo ton of damage and push forward.

Which is why I know we're always going to lose when our sole tank in any given attack map is D.Va or Roadhog. I'd even take Winston over those two as an attacking tank as he can at least establish a new baseline front by pushing back defenders.

Wait until everyone finds out the Double Winston strat for attacking. Those shields are mean, and having two apes to jump in and place them as needed just shuts down defenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

they simply need to remove Dvas head