Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
NOT LIKING MY BOOK IS PURE EVIL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Red Minjo posted:

NOT LIKING MY BOOK IS PURE EVIL!

Episode 213: You're Reviewing It Wrong

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

This isn't the quantum medicine episode.

Give us the hippy bullshit already! :argh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

A review episode...I dunno F Plus, with how popular 'terrible reviews' are as a meme isn't this just gonna devolve into only kinda funny people trying to write funny fake reviews being read?

What's this...

quote:

We're looking at authors who, around the internet, show up to berate, insult, and argue with people who say unfavorable things about a book they've written. It's kind of like the Correct The Record PAC, except without the funding.

Well, nevermind, this sounds like gold.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

This isn't the quantum medicine episode.

Give us the hippy bullshit already! :argh:

Personally, I'm still kind of anticipating the "acne lovers" episode that Lemon teased with it being arguably the most disgusting episode in the entire F Plus oeuvre.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Wow, I'm surprised that after being so tactful with their anniversary retrospective episode they outright name-dropped Bo News in this one.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dragonatrix posted:

Personally, I'm still kind of anticipating the "acne lovers" episode that Lemon teased with it being arguably the most disgusting episode in the entire F Plus oeuvre.

God, that might be the first episode I skip. The bug one got close, but I can only begin to imagine the horrors contained within an erotic acne popping forum before I want to die.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Somwhow goons prove themselves to be collectively more autistic and awkward than dozerfield itt.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

The freelance hustle will do terrible things to a person's mind.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Does Lemon have a different mic? His audio quality sounds a step down compared to usual.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/736383958749847553

oh my god

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i hope there's a whole community of people who chat about their blowbots, and maybe have bad blood with the fleshlight forums.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It looks like it hurts!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
That looks hilariously noisy.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

now i get a pavlovian erection if i hear an electric can opener.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
This episode was awful for me, not because of anything in it, but because it reminded me of a brilliant meltdown I'd seen a few years ago and caused me to spend a very unfulfilling hour looking for it.

If anyone else remembers a crazy right-wing PDF "novel" about some mysteriously important chick in the quasi-dystopian near future (think Southland Tales without the sci-fi gobbledygook and with even dumber politics), generously illustrated with competent but unpleasantly sterile vector images (gradients EVERYWHERE), please let me know where I can find the author's flamewar over it. Please. It's killing me.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 28, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sham bam bamina! posted:

This episode was awful for me, not because of anything in it but because it reminded me of a brilliant meltdown I'd seen a few years ago and caused me to spend a very unfulfilling hour looking for it.

If anyone else remembers a crazy right-wing PDF "novel" about some mysteriously important chick in the quasi-dystopian near-future (think Southland Tales without the sci-fi gobbledygook and with even dumber politics), generously illustrated with competent but unpleasantly sterile vector images (gradients EVERYWHERE), please let me know where I can find the author's flamewar over it. Please. It's killing me.

Sarah Zero or whatever?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
No, that's a webcomic full of sci-fi gobbledygook. Perfect example all the same, though; thanks for reminding me of it.

Edit: I guess my description is pretty similar, but the important thing here is that as wonky and exaggerated as Sarah Zero is, this thing was deadly serious in equal measure.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 28, 2016

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
This takes me way back. I remember when the Ann Rice tirade came out and lots of fanfiction writers were hooting about it, especially the "interrogating the text from the wrong perspective" and "strains my Dickensian principles to the max" bits. They were common joke responses for years after that.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Sham bam bamina! posted:

This episode was awful for me, not because of anything in it, but because it reminded me of a brilliant meltdown I'd seen a few years ago and caused me to spend a very unfulfilling hour looking for it.

If anyone else remembers a crazy right-wing PDF "novel" about some mysteriously important chick in the quasi-dystopian near future (think Southland Tales without the sci-fi gobbledygook and with even dumber politics), generously illustrated with competent but unpleasantly sterile vector images (gradients EVERYWHERE), please let me know where I can find the author's flamewar over it. Please. It's killing me.

There's a bad book thread in PYF that might have your answers.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dickensian to the max was great, a good episode.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Jennifer Government?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Twitch posted:

Jennifer Government?

That one's pretty dumb, if merely because it's a dystopian novel written in the 21st century, but can it really be accused of being right-wing?

my girlfriend is Legos fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 30, 2016

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
That's an actual book.

Edit: If anyone has any more ideas, just PM me. I don't want to take up any more of the thread's time with this.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Jennifer Government is basically that copypasta story about the cop in full libertarian world that has to put in quarters to shoot his gun and won't solve crimes without being paid first, so no, it isn't right wing.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Alaois posted:

the F-Plus episodes never really got into any of that deeply uncomfortable poo poo, the closest they got was when Lemon said "Whores get murdered when they wear that shirt in my show" which makes me think they did record stuff about it that got cut

then again given how long they said those recordings went on for, that's not surprising

Speaking of uncomfortable poo poo, I've been relistening to Lou Reads and while I like the f plus for only focusing on the funnier parts of the internet's crazies, Lou Reads' roller coaster approach tickles that part of my brain that wonders just how hosed up the Internet can get. Speaking of which: I was actually vacuuming out my car at a gas station and had it playing, I think it was one of the episodes on trip reports. Anyhow, the episode ends and the next one comes on, I'm only half listening until I have to make this mad dive into my car to my phone to turn the podcast off because everyone in a 20 foot radius of my car was now listening to Lou's dulcet voice serenading them with the "people who enjoy eating poo poo" thread on fetlife.

Also while I'm at it excelsior and also gently caress you Lou, I listened to that during this second go through because I thought it couldn't possibly be as bad as I remembered and yet it totally was

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
There should really be an IDEOTV thread. I wanna talk about how they butchered a sacred cow this week without apparently realizing it was a sacred cow, and it feels awkward and off-topic to do it here.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

The Vosgian Beast posted:

There should really be an IDEOTV thread. I wanna talk about how they butchered a sacred cow this week without apparently realizing it was a sacred cow, and it feels awkward and off-topic to do it here.

The magic of SA is that anyone can post a thread.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Please name the thread I Don't Even Own a Television: A Podcast About Dad Books

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Wrist Watch posted:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Improbable Lobster posted:

The magic of SA is that anyone can post a thread.

I feel like I'm not a big enough fan to make a good OP, but I can make a lovely perfunctory OP if no one else is going to

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Wrist Watch posted:

I Don't Even Own A Television: WEED DAD

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Wait, people really care about Armor?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Grondoth posted:

Wait, people really care about Armor?

People are super into Armor as a classic of science fiction. Ask for recommendations for fiction about the horror of war and especially science fiction, and Armor is going to pop up in seconds.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

People are super into Armor as a classic of science fiction. Ask for recommendations for fiction about the horror of war and especially science fiction, and Armor is going to pop up in seconds.

that's kind of depressing honestly

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Alaois posted:

that's kind of depressing honestly

I mean maybe people just wanted a book with powered armor that didn't devolve into your ultra conservative uncle lecturing you(hackcoughstarshiptroopershackcough).

They wanted a book with powered armor that devolves into spending waaaayyyyy too much time with a lovely space pirate

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

I feel like I'm not a big enough fan to make a good OP, but I can make a lovely perfunctory OP if no one else is going to

Okay I took it off your hands http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778269

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

You are a gentleman and a scholar:tipshat:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jesus Christ, I forgot how horrifying "Spoiled" was.

Enjoy-ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
I can't wait to read listen to the newest episode. I had a regretful period of youth where my love of giant robots meant I'd read fuckin' anything with power armor, so I ate up Starship Troopers and Armor both. I tried to reread Armor recently and want to time travel back and cuff little me upside the head for being a fan.

When I'm on cold meds I mix up the difference between reading and listening to things.