Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Winter wtf

Summer in the Northern Hemisphere is winter in the Southern Hemisphere, and vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
ITT: people who didn't go to 5th grade, apparently

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hedrigall posted:

ITT: people who didn't go to 5th grade, apparently

Disparaging the boot is a bootable offense.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Northern hemisphere is the best hemisphere. We have all the good countries.

I'm so glad the show will be back soon. I was thinking about it the other day because I saw Amy Sedaris on the Good Wife. Her character was trying to swear less, so kept exclaiming 'Oh fish!' and it made me want to watch Bojack again.

Andenalli
Sep 17, 2007

I'm unique, just like
everyone else
Awesome. Time to renew the ol Netflix subscription now.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

time to go back and rewatch seasons 1 and 2 again :)

gently caress I can't not crack up whenever Princess Carolyn's hold music plays

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

My wife still has Vietnam flashbacks from her high school choir class because of Cats. Her eyes went wide when Princess Carolyn's voicemail first went off.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Aces High posted:

time to go back and rewatch seasons 1 and 2 again :)

gently caress I can't not crack up whenever Princess Carolyn's hold music plays

Same, though I'm not sure I can watch escape from LA again. We will see when I reach it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I dont know posted:

Same, though I'm not sure I can watch escape from LA again. We will see when I reach it.

Not as good as Escape From New York, but hey, I saw it first so it has a special place in my heart even if it was a note for note remake.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I dont know posted:

while doing my rewatch I realised that Downer Ending and Escape From LA are two great episodes that are really difficult to watch. Yet I always find myself watching them again whenever I want a BoJack fix

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So I finally got around to season 2 and I can see a pattern

The show breaks the norms of tv. Reminds me of venture brothers which the creators describe as a show about failure.

When Bojack has a chance to do the right thing he wont. When he tries to do good it makes it worse. Every time he should win he loses and everytime he should fail he wins. Flaking off the movie set should have ruined his career but instead cgi bojack gives him success.

When they broke into the library to gorilla and the scene they wanted it was suppose to be positive but instead it was a failure.

The episode in new mexico was great. Bojack runs back to his past and finds Charlotte of course she is married with kids and happy. He has a chance to have positive relationships with people.

he tries/was the cool friend adult teaching the kids how to drink and having fun, and dancing with penny. When he turned her away because she didnt know what she wanted and then ran to charlotte and hosed it up. Was really good and emotionally hitting.

Then Charlotte went to the boat and that bridge was burned. Everything before him was ruined. In the end he just has todd.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I figured everyone would like to know that Secretariat won the triple crown today in 1973.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I figured everyone would like to know that Bojack Horseman drank triple sec today, yesterday, and tomorrow in all years.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
No one ever talks about Jeffretariat, the war hero.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

i am the bird posted:

No one ever talks about Jeffretariat, the war hero.

Probably because it's too sad, he died in that war :smith:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This show makes me really sad, especially season 1. Really good.

Welp that's all I have to contribute.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Here's the season 3 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VESKjoxAmZg

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Man it is really hard to convince someone that the show about the talking horse has real meaning and emotional depth, I've given up trying to recommend it to people because it's such a journey

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wow

"DELIGHTFULLY MANIC" is like the last possible pull quote I'd think to toss over the top of a trailer written to play up the deep-delving psychodrama aspects of this dumb-animal-pun show.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
That quote from Princess Caroline was pretty great. Can't wait for this season.

I wonder if the car-into-the-pool is a new intro, or just a cheeky reference to the current sequence?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Man it is really hard to convince someone that the show about the talking horse has real meaning and emotional depth, I've given up trying to recommend it to people because it's such a journey

I haven't! I actually just convinced/forced a friend to watch most of the first season with me and now she loves it.

Season 3 looks amazing, but I do wonder: what would it take for Bojack to be happy?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I haven't! I actually just convinced/forced a friend to watch most of the first season with me and now she loves it.

Season 3 looks amazing, but I do wonder: what would it take for Bojack to be happy?

Medication and therapy, perhaps. But maybe not. :shrug:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Is BoJack underwater in a few of those scenes? I guess it's not a stretch that marine life is anthropomorphic too.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

He was born broken, that's his birthright.

He's Bojack Horseman, and there's no cure for that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

counterfeitsaint posted:

He was born broken, that's his birthright.

He's Bojack Horseman, and there's no cure for that.

Just like there's no cure for being Iron Crowned!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nichael posted:

Is BoJack underwater in a few of those scenes? I guess it's not a stretch that marine life is anthropomorphic too.

Some significant portion appears to take place at a "freshwater taffy" plant (that explodes) at the bottom of the ocean. :getin:

Seriously this is a drat good trailer.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Todd grew out his hair and looks like he got fat. Can't wait.

The music choices, as always, are stellar.

Nichael posted:

Looks like it! The animation looks cool and I'm excited for more dumb puns and background jokes in a completely different setting.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

HA, if I tried getting my friends to watch a whole season if something they'd just leave

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
It looks like New York is under water or something? That's pretty cool

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Nichael posted:

I think that might be their version of New York--there's that one scene where he's looking up at skyscrapers with the diving helmet on his head. Which is, uh. Inventive.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

HA, if I tried getting my friends to watch a whole season if something they'd just leave

Well, we were baking cookies together so I had an excuse to just sort of put it on in the background while we worked. Maybe try tricking your friends into baking somehow?

EricBauman posted:

It looks like New York is under water or something? That's pretty cool

Global warming happened slightly faster in the Bojack Horseman timeline.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Really love the animation style. Season 3 looks like it's going to be even more vivid and detailed.

Looking forward to underwater New York and more 90s flashbacks. Hurrah.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

HaitianDivorce posted:

I think that might be their version of New York--there's that one scene where he's looking up at skyscrapers with the diving helmet on his head. Which is, uh. Inventive.

Bioshock Horseman

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

To stop trying so loving hard and find happiness where it can be found instead of wallowing where it isn't and doing nothing to change things like a sack of poo poo.

But Bojack can't do that, because he's stuck on what he thinks should or will make him happy but really just leave him empty.

Now that aside, bring on the animal puns!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ooops, wrong thread. Anyway, great trailer, really looking forward to the next season. It's going to be Emotionally Hardcore!

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 30, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Did you guys know Bojack Horseman has a tumblr?

http://bojackhorseman.tumblr.com

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Did you guys know Bojack Horseman has a tumblr?

http://bojackhorseman.tumblr.com

:yikes:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Anyone notice that Todd yells his line a lot? It's a bit annoying, I hope they tone that down next season.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

A lot of people noted that Todd didn't really develop at all in season two; I really hope they listened to that particular criticism.

Anyhoo, I have a train journey ahead of me, so imma start season two again. I haven't watched it since it first came out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

No more disturbing than the real face swap filter.