Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Final blows is what counts as K in prolewtnoscoping circles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Take him to the practice range and plink at the robits. Aim slightly higher than you think you need to, esspecially at longer ranges.

Yeah coming from the huntsman the storm bow travels faster but drops quicker

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Torbjorn is really ridiculous on The Kings Road, I ended up with 40 eliminations. Just too many good places to put that turret where junkrat can't reach it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just got a funny PotG as Tjorbjorn. I basically set up my turret on a chokepoint in Anubis, then when the whole enemy team ran past, I popped my Q and sat right behind a pillar just wailing on my turret with my hammer. Apparently when you are in molten Core, you repair for several hundred HP per swing, and I netted a loving teamkill as they all tried to be the one to finish off the turret. it was over in a flash, but kind of exhilarating watching my turret go from 800 -> 350 -> 680 -> 120 = team is dead.

I have the video on my highlight reel but it's literally just me hammering a turret that is aimed offscreen and 5 red names popping up.

EDIT: i think it's kinda neat how Hanzo and Torbjorn, clearly both cyborgs, are the ones who come off as the most xenophobic towards the robot people. Like, how do you not understand that is exactly how people made of 100% flesh think of you? its fitting in how nonsensical it is.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 27, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The thing I've discovered about Tjorbjorn is that few people really expect his turret as a defensive tool while on the attack. Set it up just behind your team on a push and while it isn't killing Literally Everyone it's wrecking the day of the Reaper or Tracer who keeps coming in to kill your Mercy, and setting it up that way means there's no real good way for someone to destroy it without going well out of their way to do so or blowing an ult.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I watched someone who was not a moron stream Junkrat and realized how bad I've been playing him (mostly not using my traps offensively enough)

Ran a match immediately after and had 3x my average damage and 2x my average eliminations

Is this the first step on the long road to getting good???? Probably not

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Soothing Vapors posted:

I watched someone who was not a moron stream Junkrat and realized how bad I've been playing him (mostly not using my traps offensively enough)

Ran a match immediately after and had 3x my average damage and 2x my average eliminations

Which stream, and is there a replay?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Looking at the top 100 rankings, if you really just wanted to see your name in lights you could probably grind into the top 100 XB1 Zarya players in about a half-hour. The 100th ranked XB1 Zarya has just over 4200 points with a record of 2-3.

The 100th ranked Symmetra on XB1 is 2-1 with a score of 4200.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

How do you use the bear trap offensively? You can just toss the mine out and immediately detonate it for a quick burst of easy to hit damage right in front of you I know, but the bear trap seems like it's best for doing stuff like baiting a Tracer to chase you around a corner then tossing it down so she runs right over it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
MISSION STATUS: SICK

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

More or less just toss bear trap out on cool down. As you move up move up the trap, unless it's already in an important choke. If it didn't trigger yet consider placing it farther up.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Afraid of Audio posted:

people play roadhog?!??!!?!?!?!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u05HImkCing

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

PantsBandit posted:

Yup. I honestly think her mech guns are in a fine place right now. Two biggest changes I'd want to see is some more maneuverability/survivability in her pilot form and some kind of buff to her ult that makes it not complete garbage. Then I think she'd be in a great place.

The ultimate should call down an even bigger mech that her whole robot climbs into.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

how the heck do you report racists on the ps4 version

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Which stream, and is there a replay?

Seagull, and I don't know Twitch well enough to answer that

Slime posted:

How do you use the bear trap offensively? You can just toss the mine out and immediately detonate it for a quick burst of easy to hit damage right in front of you I know, but the bear trap seems like it's best for doing stuff like baiting a Tracer to chase you around a corner then tossing it down so she runs right over it.

He throws down the trap to try to lock people down in front of him and pepper them with grenades or just throws it down in a choke. Trying to set up a clever trap with it winds up just wasting it a lot

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Played a bunch of games with Goon groups last night and we got our arses handed to us. Not sure if it's MMR kicking in or bad luck; but there are some people who are already really loving good at this game.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jack B Nimble posted:

The ultimate should call down an even bigger mech that her whole robot climbs into.

In a 6-D.Va team it should combine your bigger mechs into one MASSIVE map-size mech.

Gattai!

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Cephas posted:

It'd be cool if Dva had mini-versions of her mecha abilities in pilot mode. Like rocket boots to leap away from things and a personal barrier that doesn't last very long. Honestly, half the time I play her, it feels like I'm playing a game of chicken where I'm seeing how long I can stay in pilot mode even when the mecha is available for deployment, waiting for a situation where the mech is more relevant. Her pistol just seems like a much better weapon than the fusion cannons on the mecha.

Giving her access to the pistol as an alt-fire in mech mode would provide some needed flexibility. Let her use the cannons as a deterrent while providing ranged support fire.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Jack B Nimble posted:

gently caress yes, just turn her into a nesting doll. I am all about this.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

i like soldier: 76.

He's the best for quick play.

This is true, and I hate it.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

drewmoney posted:

Played a bunch of games with Goon groups last night and we got our arses handed to us. Not sure if it's MMR kicking in or bad luck; but there are some people who are already really loving good at this game.

my experience is this game gets harder exponentially as the size of your premade increases until at a full stack you face god herself in tracer form regularly

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

gently caress yes, just turn her into a nesting doll. I am all about this.

Close enough? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzoAScuimTU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah all the games ive played with goon stacks recently have been hard but when we played in the beta weekends we rolled a lot of games. makes sense since rank didn't reset but lots of people i like to play with aren't all willing to play tactically so the games are kinda slogs. usually i have more fun playing solo or with 1-2 people since the games feel pretty fair.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I hate myself for it a bit but I'm starting to really actually like Tracer

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Radical posted:

yeah all the games ive played with goon stacks recently have been hard but when we played in the beta weekends we rolled a lot of games. makes sense since rank didn't reset but lots of people i like to play with aren't all willing to play tactically so the games are kinda slogs. usually i have more fun playing solo or with 1-2 people since the games feel pretty fair.

im hurt

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Played a few pre-lunch games with a goonstack and got the enemy team to call us all "fags" and sextuple-ragequit thanks to Mei on offense.

Thumbtacks posted:

Why would you hate yourself for it. What's with all the goons posting "I hate myself for it but I like {Reaper / Tracer / Torbjörn / Widowmaker / Bastion}", no one is going to judge you or anything, you don't need to self-flagellate

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I actually do judge people who play widowmaker sry

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

people don't play widowmaker

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont think we won any of those games the other day, the goon dota classic.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
See if you can spot the fundamental tactical error in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmBm1e8AwSU

I'm sure he meant well, but that was really unfortunate timing.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Prav posted:

people don't play widowmaker

i feel really bad about playing widowmaker on king's row even though somebody really ought to play widowmaker on king's row

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Ddraig posted:

That was amazing timing.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Ddraig posted:

Would have been even better if the last charge of the teleporter was used up before Mercy got to it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fried Watermelon posted:

Blizz should let us play just as D.Va's mech

We should also be able to start the match as Pilot D.Va by holding down the A button when the map is loading

Give pilot dva more firepower than the mech but she dies faster, balanced

Brannock posted:

Played a few pre-lunch games with a goonstack and got the enemy team to call us all "fags" and sextuple-ragequit thanks to Mei on offense.

Why would you hate yourself for it. What's with all the goons posting "I hate myself for it but I like {Reaper / Tracer / Torbjörn / Widowmaker / Bastion}", no one is going to judge you or anything, you don't need to self-flagellate

I like Dva and I hate everyone else for it and I'm gonna pick her all the time so you all have to play with more Dvas

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

i certainly hate you for it

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like tracer but there is definitely a difficulty curve to her. I find myself often getting the jump on an enemy and buzzing their health down to like..20..and then either dying, get stunned, or they get away. I gotta figure out how to seal the deal instead of just mildly wounding them. Her guns just get so inaccurate its crazy.

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

Jastiger posted:

I like tracer but there is definitely a difficulty curve to her. I find myself often getting the jump on an enemy and buzzing their health down to like..20..and then either dying, get stunned, or they get away. I gotta figure out how to seal the deal instead of just mildly wounding them. Her guns just get so inaccurate its crazy.

Melee is the answer. Its hitbox is mad large.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Give pilot dva more firepower than the mech but she dies faster, balanced

they already did

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Jastiger posted:

Melee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Prav posted:

they already did

Zero Suit Dva needs to be way stronger for the comparison to work