Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I might just buy a case from somewhere. I want like all of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If I bought that whole case what would be the odds of Deadpool/Cable being sought after enough to sell without the BAF parts, cause gently caress Deadpool and Cable

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Wow, if there's ever been a reason for me to just buy a full case... that wave is it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Cable with no baby? No sale.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I also didn't realize that there was still love for Zim toys. I may have posted about it before, but now that I've moved I'm more likely to follow through. I have a bunch of older Zim stuff from that line that I have 0 desire for. They fall apart super easily. I have a bunch with the huge set pieces that I have no use for.

While they aren't 'Broken', they have arms that just fall out of the sockets and stuff. Nothing needs to be glued or anything, they are just loose joints. :(

I'll see if I can dig them up and lay them out. I know I definitely had that dog from that auction posted earlier, the one that torments zim in his old man human disguise, but I'm totes keeping that!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I need the Gir house piece real bad.

And the Series 1 Dib pieces too. Maybe even the Dib itself depending on how hosed up he is.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
The problem is that I want some of those Zim toys but the going prices are wayyy out of synch with what I'm willing to pay. Like Shocker Toys Maxx, it'd be nice but gack.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I'd be interested in a Zim and Dib.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ShimSham posted:

You guys may have already seen, but Hasbro's upcoming X-Men line is going to be kind of amazing.

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=20238

- BAF Juggernaut
- Brown suit Wolverine, with removable hands, and a new sculpt.
- A good version of Jim Lee Rogue
- Classic Phoenix
- Kitty Pryde with Lockheed
- Havok
- Modern Cable
- Modern Deadpool
- Best Iceman I've seen at a 6" scale.

Have they said if the Onslaught head for the Cap BAF is going be in it still?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Old bad picture but here's what I have.

I need a Purple and his base too.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Rirse posted:

Have they said if the Onslaught head for the Cap BAF is going be in it still?

Back in Feb. at Toyfair when they showed pictures of Kitty, Havok, Cable, Deadpool, Rogue, Ice and Phoenix, they had the Onslaught helmet sitting underneath Kitty.

I can't imagine they've changed their minds, especially since this is a wave of 8 and Juggs won't be 8 (or even 7) BAF pieces by himself. Most BAFs are just six pieces, so maybe they pack one BAF in with two figures, as they've done in the past.

Or even better idea, they don't give Phoenix a BAF piece at all and instead give her a large flame effect.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Could still have alt-arms and head so you can make Coloss-naut.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I saw X-Men Apocalypse last night, and now I wish that Fox and Disney would make nice so that we could get a reasonably priced Nightcrawler figure with his Thriller jacket.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They did allow a Hot Toys Deadpool, so maybe?

(Doubtful.)

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Louisgod posted:

I genuinely don't get the appeal of Pops and I don't want to

The days of $10 high quality figures like Palisades Muppets or even mass market stuff like Marvel Legends are dead, so it's nice to have something that is affordable. Plus they're not too big.

I mean I remember when this thread went gaga over Mighty Muggs, so...

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Nut Bunnies posted:

The days of $10 high quality figures like Palisades Muppets or even mass market stuff like Marvel Legends are dead, so it's nice to have something that is affordable. Plus they're not too big.

I look at them a lot like nendoroids, some things fit the stylized look pretty well, but probably 80% of it is trash. If the crossover works, I'll buy it. They're basically beanie babies at this point, though. Cheap, mass appeal, hyping up the speculative value and selling protector cases in a bubble before it all blows up in to a giant pile of non-posable plastic junk.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nendoroids are mostly useless but at least they are articulated and have changeable hands and accessories and stuff. Pops and mighty muggs are garbage

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

They did allow a Hot Toys Deadpool, so maybe?

(Doubtful.)

Nope, nothing from Apocalypse at all. Deadpool Hot Toys deal took forever to get done too.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nut Bunnies posted:

I get that, moreso I don't get the appeal of the stylized look, especially since it's basically the same across them all.

Also my dig about DC earlier was meant toward the movies.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

therealjon_ posted:

Nope, nothing from Apocalypse at all.

Right. This is the primary source of the Fox / Disney friction. Fox was pissed that they weren't allowed to get toys made for Days of Future Past.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Timby posted:

Right. This is the primary source of the Fox / Disney friction. Fox was pissed that they weren't allowed to get toys made for Days of Future Past.

We did get a Wolverine from DOFP Hot Toys through! But yeah, it wasn't easy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you work in the industry or something? You always seem to be in the know.

Actually now that we're talking about X-Men, looks like the company that made that unlicensed Magneto just previewed a Cyclops. Their stuff looks pretty good, but probably need better paint for the skin to look more realistic.

https://www.facebook.com/toysera1008/

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 28, 2016

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lol

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Louisgod posted:

I get that, moreso I don't get the appeal of the stylized look, especially since it's basically the same across them all.

Also my dig about DC earlier was meant toward the movies.

Eh, acquired taste. The character usually comes through unless you're buying a generic white guy from a TV show. Try and guess who these guys are:

I have a Kirby Nendoroid & it's great. I have a Venom Snake one on order. They're mostly too anime for me, though. And overpriced.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

this is me, all day

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Nice thing about next year is we're finally far enough away from the Fantastic Four movie.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Nut Bunnies posted:

Eh, acquired taste. The character usually comes through unless you're buying a generic white guy from a TV show. Try and guess who these guys are:

I have a Kirby Nendoroid & it's great. I have a Venom Snake one on order. They're mostly too anime for me, though. And overpriced.

Clearly it's agent Phil Coulson and Ziggy Sobotka.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
No it's obviously Frank from House of Cards and Mac from Always Sunny

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sweet lord, that top one is supposed to be John Oliver. :psyduck:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CelticPredator posted:

Sweet lord, that top one is supposed to be John Oliver. :psyduck:

...sure, why not? :cripes:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Does anyone happen to have the right arm to the old Pitt BAF? It's the one that came with Ripclaw (i think) I'd like to complete this thing 10 year later.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
http://imgur.com/8uvxxbr
http://imgur.com/onk63MW

I'm on my iPad and can't seem to get the direct image links, but that is the bunch of pallisades sim stuff I have apparently. My wife took offense to selling it though, even though we don't have them displayed anywhere.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Did I just score a NECA Reeve Superman for one of you guys or did I accidentally become a scalper?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

For those in California, the TRUs look like they're getting the latest World of Nintendo figures:

If a kind soul is interested on checking for me, I'm after Falco, Toon Link and Paratrooper (4") and Villager and Chain Chomp (2.5").

Falcon and toon link, get.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Blackchamber posted:

Nice!! I'll pm you.

The TRU near me had a lone Keaton '89 7" Batman. I can grab it if anybody still needs him.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Blackchamber posted:

I still need toon link if anyone can assist....

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I still need toon link if anyone can assist....

I can see if there are any left, but it wouldnt be until tomorrow since I'm working til 10pm tonight. I found him at the ToysRus near work, and if hes not there anymore I'll be swinging by the one near my apartment anyways.

EDIT: I'm not a smart guy so I dunno how to do it, but we should have a spreadsheet for people looking for whatever toy. Make it so you have to re-enter whatever you want again each week so people don't forget about it and you don't end up buying something they no longer looking for or the poster has gone inactive, and people wouldn't have to scour the thread on their phones to see who needs what.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 29, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackchamber posted:

I can see if there are any left, but it wouldnt be until tomorrow since I'm working til 10pm tonight. I found him at the ToysRus near work, and if hes not there anymore I'll be swinging by the one near my apartment anyways.

EDIT: I'm not a smart guy so I dunno how to do it, but we should have a spreadsheet for people looking for whatever toy. Make it so you have to re-enter whatever you want again each week so people don't forget about it and you don't end up buying something they no longer looking for or the poster has gone inactive, and people wouldn't have to scour the thread on their phones to see who needs what.

Someone should set up a public Google Docs file.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
uhhhhhhhmmmffffffffff

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=20243

While we aren't calling this 100% confirmed, we have gotten word from a reliable source that a second wave of 6" X-Men Marvel Legends figures are in the works for later this year. The second wave will include the following:

- 630509502195 Shatterstar
- 630509502202 Colossus
- 630509502219 Polaris
- 630509502226 Sunfire
- 630509502233 Dazzler
- 630509502240 Cyclops
- 630509502257 Wolverine

My heart can't handle this rumored list not being true. Two X-Men waves in one year and an absolute killer lineup in both waves? Unreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

- 630509502195 Shatterstar

Yeah, what outfit though?