Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

How the gently caress does literally anybody aim Zarya's beam well enough to make it worth a poo poo? Against even a tank that has any interest in juking around a little, I can't maintain contact for more than split seconds at a time?

Lower your sensitivity and use your strafe keys to aim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Grammaton posted:

Do you need a microsoft account to store the vids? Or they save into a certain folder?

You can specify where the videos save in the Xbox app settings, but otherwise they are saved by deafault in Username/Videos/Captures

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Pumpy Dumper posted:

For everyone on Win10: win + alt + r records the screen. you don't even need special software, its built in to windows 10

I'll keep this in mind when it eventually manages to install itself

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Spiritus Nox posted:

How the gently caress does literally anybody aim Zarya's beam well enough to make it worth a poo poo? Against even a tank that has any interest in juking around a little, I can't maintain contact for more than split seconds at a time.

Same here! I see her potential and I expected to really like her, but goddamn if I can hit anything with that gun. I do fine, even well, with mei's right click and genji and zenyata's left click, so I don't know what it is. I expected her to be my go-to when I read up on all the characters, but I can't do a drat thing with that stupid laser

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I am terrible at this game but I am having fun with it! Just had a loss on the hollywood map where we managed to snatch the payload and then blew it trying to take it away, and didn't even care because the match was a ton of fun. :) A good game!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

How the gently caress does literally anybody aim Zarya's beam well enough to make it worth a poo poo? Against even a tank that has any interest in juking around a little, I can't maintain contact for more than split seconds at a time.

Git gud

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Pumpy Dumper posted:

For everyone on Win10: win + alt + r records the screen. you don't even need special software, its built in to windows 10

alternatively, shadowplay which comes with your nvidia drivers records with very little to no resource impact at 1080p60fps

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Faced against a group that had a bastion and whoever can shield and had one on each side on top of the payload and a bastion in the middle :shrug:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jimbot posted:

I love playing as Zarya but there's a distinct lack of feedback that helps you with things. How do you know you have a shield up? Subtle details in the corner of your screen. How often do you look at the corners of your screen? Very rarely. The beam is really hard to gauge because there's no point of reference. It casts no shadow or light so you can't check the ground under it for its length. Having more info on the crosshairs would go a long way to fixing some of those problems for pretty much all the heroes, in my opinion.

I know I have a shield up because I just hit the shield button

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
Stop discouraging Widowmaker picks. Sometimes you need a Widow to deal with the opposing Widow

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Minrad posted:

people who demonize zarya as being "the tumblr character" have no idea what it is they even hate and are too dumb to even identify stereotypes

in fact it is you that is wrong

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

objects in mirror posted:

Stop discouraging Widowmaker picks. Sometimes you need a Widow to deal with the opposing Widow

I don't think picking Widow is the issue, it's picking Widow when your team already has a sniper and you're absolute garbage at her.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zorodius posted:

in fact it is you that is wrong

people hate zarya because of dumb articles like this

http://www.zam.com/article/560/if-zarya-were-your-girlfriend

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if dva was my girlfriend i would be in jail

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Abu Dave posted:

people hate zarya because of dumb articles like this

http://www.zam.com/article/560/if-zarya-were-your-girlfriend

as tracer would say

"oi mate who gives a bloody gently caress"

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Zarya is actually based on a real person. She's an artist at Blizzard. (Or at least was at the time.)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Top, let's smash it

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wasnt she chris metzens girlfriend

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Megazver posted:

Zarya is actually based on a real person. She's an artist at Blizzard. (Or at least was at the time.)

Not confirmed as far as I'm aware, people just thought there was a resemblance and ran with it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Megazver posted:

i bet she runs a blog on global warming. she writes on it daily since she has nothing else to do while stationed in antarctica

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://youtu.be/y_hCcGW4ZTs

War is hell.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.
most of the characters are pandering super hard, just to different audiences

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Abu Dave posted:

wasnt she chris metzens girlfriend

No. I hang out on a same forum with her husband. P. sure he mentioned they based her on her.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i

Megazver posted:

No. I hang out on a same forum with her husband. P. sure he mentioned they based her on her.

i too have a subscription to fetlife

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zorodius posted:

I want to read Zarya's tumblr

It's 100% videos of her weightlifting

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Soothing Vapors posted:

I have been using the m2 way too much then :ohdear:

The laser starts at 80 dps and maxes out at 150

The grenade blast does 45 (95) damage per shot

You use the grenade blast for hitting clumped up enemies, tricky knockbacks, or for long-range lobs while you lumber forward towards your team

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
Genji's voice lines should be subtitled

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zorodius posted:

most of the characters are pandering super hard, just to different audiences

wait you're telling me blizzard designed characters to appeal to MULTIPLE audiences now

holy gently caress

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
I never play Tracer but I got her best skin:

Also:

At least I play Torbjorn sometimes.

How the turret looks:

Level 1:

Level 2:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Dias posted:

wait you're telling me blizzard designed characters to appeal to MULTIPLE audiences now

holy gently caress

appeal in the sense of, "You like this right? RIGHT?! Isn't this the kind of bullshit you gobble up??"

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Grammaton posted:

Do you need a microsoft account to store the vids? Or they save into a certain folder?

saves to the default video folder

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zorodius posted:

appeal in the sense of, "You like this right? RIGHT?! Isn't this the kind of bullshit you gobble up??"

so like every other game and media in the world except this one does it to more than one specific group

cool

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
How do I feel less helpless playing Zenyatta on a team that doesn't stay close enough together to give line of sight or bodies to hide behind? He's probably the healer I prefer most, but unless there's at least one tank and one defense hero near me, I feel like some flanker or sniper is gonna oneshot me.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Spiritus Nox posted:

I kinda wanna know this too, at least if there's some trick beyond 'strafe to aim and lower sensitivity'

For some reason my Junkrat grenades are on loving point but I'm about as good at Zarya M1 as you are

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
I find that Zarya's laser beam at lower charge to be garbage. It barely tickles it seems. Below 50%, the M2 is a lot better to do something. After you hit around 50%, the beam gets respectable and the grenades start to hurt. At 100%, you are chasing down Reapers and McCrees, laughing like a maniac as they evaporate.

Thankfully, one shield well placed will get you to 50%. Get a partner to face tank something and you are now a monster.

I really like the M2 over the M1 cause splash damage is awesome and you have enough health to brawl with multiple people. You really need that charge up there to engage properly though. A 0% charge is a no go for seriously engaging.

Hypha fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 28, 2016

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Zorodius posted:

We quail before your powerful cynical detachment

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Zorodius posted:

where's the reaper's creepers gang tag

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Dias posted:

so like every other game and media in the world except this one does it to more than one specific group

cool

are you pretending not to understand the concept of "pandering" or do you really not get it?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Man the brawl just seems built for teams around Lucio. You can just keep pumping amp up on the payload/whatever and any mildly survivable team can punch through 20 minutes of overtime and drive it to the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zorodius posted:

are you pretending not to understand the concept of "pandering" or do you really not get it?

I'll bite: which characters are pandering?