Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

VideoGames posted:

Oh my word. Just. Oh my word. I put through a six just in case he comes back, and my ban should go through as well because reading ALL those reports is :yikes:

I don't get it. I just...

It was spillover from a thing that happened in our chat room. I wish he hadn't chosen here to vent his frustration at being banned from our space guild clan, but that's in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
From what I can tell calling the police on CCP is some kind of mssed up that I am fairly sure Something Awful is NOT known for. Maybe he is thinking of a different website, because I know Goons can be good at exploits and banding about and doing things to games. Calling the Police falsely is not something I ever recall from the past.

I've been around a long time so I may be wrong here, but I'm struggling to think how any of his meltdown is rooted in truth.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
yeah you're gonna keep wondering too there he's been gone the full retard for about a week now on our internal forums with the "psyops" thread BS and then when he pulled his latest shenanigans and got kicked decided to be buttmad over it. If he actually gets into DJ's Truegoons I'll be suprised with that meltdown.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ullerrm posted:

On Eve topic:

https://zkillboard.com/related/30001332/201605271300/

What the hell happened here?

Also, please work out don't AFK rat in capitals anymore.

e: Actually, just looking at the list of ships killed by dread rats is pretty good popcorn.

Potentially the biggest nerf to goons ever made and we're out of nullsec right as it gets implemented. Suck it CCP.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Well the last couple of pages were some crazy poo poo.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

ChickenWing posted:

Goonwaffe doesn't really purge, aside from if you unsub/let your api expire. That's sorta our schtick, as long as you're a goon you can stay in the corp. At least, last I checked.

We used to purge but the last goonwaffe one was done in may 2014 if I remember rightly: you can see it on dotlan if you want but I'm phone-posting. Even if the desire to purge was there can you imagine the :effort: involved in purging 2000 characters? The only person was prepared to do it for tranches of five hundred or so, if I remember rightly, was kismeteer, and that option is gone. Basically, asking someone to purge waffe (or any similar behemoth) affer two years or so of accumulation is opening yourself up to an rsi lawsuit.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

ullerrm posted:

On Eve topic:

e: Actually, just looking at the list of ships killed by dread rats is pretty good popcorn.

I have to give Pandemic Horde credit, at least they're trying to take them down. I assume they do grab some of them, but drat...

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Xachariah posted:

Well the last couple of pages were some crazy poo poo.

At least it was busy. I checked the mmo hmo and saw 280 new posts instead of 20 and thought something important and exciting had happened. As opposed to something veering between comedy and tragedy.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Endie posted:

At least it was busy. I checked the mmo hmo and saw 280 new posts instead of 20 and thought something important and exciting had happened. As opposed to something veering between comedy and tragedy.

I don't see how getting rid of someone horrible is not a momentous occasion Endie.

Also come home to us.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Would there be a way to ask deadtear to unfuck my situation? I kind of got banned from goonswarm... I know, I'm that loving horrible.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Querns

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Would there be a way to ask deadtear to unfuck my situation? I kind of got banned from goonswarm... I know, I'm that loving horrible.

You sneaky poster!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

VideoGames posted:

You sneaky poster!

i am a posting assassin

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Zalmun
Jan 17, 2008

It'sa me!

Nap Ghost

VideoGames posted:

I've been around a long time so I may be wrong here, but I'm struggling to think how any of his meltdown is rooted in truth.

The only truth of his meltdown is that he's a mentally unbalanced person. Posting insane dribble on the GSF internal forums, which intentionally or not got picked up by reddit as an example of how bad GSF is. Of course the usual suspects dogpile on, but even some posts on reddit acknowledged that every reply to the GSF thread was basically negative, and the OP was negrepped heavily, though that doesn't do anything to the post since we generally don't hide our shameful idiots. The OP was a bait and switch as well, posting the insane PsyOps crap after he had a couple neutral replies.

Even DJ used the opportunity to poo poo on GSF leadership for not immediately kickbanning him, saying it's indicative of how damaged our leadership is. I'm sure DJ will be pleased that they agreed with him and will acknowledge some shred of decency to GSF. Right?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Is there a skill required to gun citadels like there was for POS gunning?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Dallan Invictus posted:

There are if you want to use fighters. There are also some skills that boost capacitor usage/weapon damage.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Dallan Invictus posted:

No. There are skills that reduce the capacitor need of citadel defences and increase the damage of citadel weapons, but they're not actually required to man a citadel and they don't have especially strong effects - at level V they reduce cap consumption/increase weapon damage by 10%.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Eve sure has some inspired spaceship designs.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Xttz how many thousand dollars have you spent on eve by now? Surely it's over 4, not sure what that converts to your weight based currency but it must be a lot.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fix Lag posted:

Remember that this one of the Old Goons that Reddit and Darius Johnson so desperately wish to see the return of.

did DJ burn out yet

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Fix Lag posted:

Eve sure has some inspired spaceship designs.

To be fair a space middle finger/dong is the exemplar of Gallente values.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i am pushing entirely new meta

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dad banned. So what.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
*wakes up & yawns*
Let's see what's happening in the eve thread today

bluegoon posted:

:bravo2:

:yikes:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
So goat simulator has a space expansion. Already better than eve online. Discuss?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rhymenoserous posted:

So goat simulator has a space expansion. Already better than eve online. Discuss?

sounds like sigma cultural dross

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

We used to purge but the last goonwaffe one was done in may 2014 if I remember rightly: you can see it on dotlan if you want but I'm phone-posting. Even if the desire to purge was there can you imagine the :effort: involved in purging 2000 characters? The only person was prepared to do it for tranches of five hundred or so, if I remember rightly, was kismeteer, and that option is gone. Basically, asking someone to purge waffe (or any similar behemoth) affer two years or so of accumulation is opening yourself up to an rsi lawsuit.
It's so bad, I used to do it wayyyyyyyyyy back in the day and it was like setting up old pos bad

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zalmun posted:

The only truth of his meltdown is that he's a mentally unbalanced person. Posting insane dribble on the GSF internal forums, which intentionally or not got picked up by reddit as an example of how bad GSF is. Of course the usual suspects dogpile on, but even some posts on reddit acknowledged that every reply to the GSF thread was basically negative, and the OP was negrepped heavily, though that doesn't do anything to the post since we generally don't hide our shameful idiots. The OP was a bait and switch as well, posting the insane PsyOps crap after he had a couple neutral replies.

Even DJ used the opportunity to poo poo on GSF leadership for not immediately kickbanning him, saying it's indicative of how damaged our leadership is. I'm sure DJ will be pleased that they agreed with him and will acknowledge some shred of decency to GSF. Right?

everybody tries to come at my mod style but now everyone sees the divedends

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

heard about it today, frand. v. interesting.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

everybody tries to come at my mod style but now everyone sees the divedends

dividends*

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Im on my phone and it didn't correct gently caress the world

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ullerrm posted:

On Eve topic:

I like the part where those OoS people updated their capital fits, but still didn't bother adding any buffer whatsoever. Non-extended/plated carriers die so drat fast (trust me, we're foremost experts on the matter).

The Dread Rats are my morning reading material, Rat Titans are pretty hilarious too. It's sooo good. Also, because I'm generally the least knowledgeable person in the world when it comes to PvE, do all sites have a chance to spawn cap rats, or is it just sanctums?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Endie posted:

I thought there was some sort of automatic purge system that you can use. I remember seeing it when penif just gave me Rens 911.

Edit: Yep there is. I haven't bothered setting it up since I don't care.

YouTuber fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 28, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
There's really nothing to gain from purging Waffe. "Largest Alliance in the game" is a common GSF claim and taking a thousand pilots out of Waffe would cost a lot of human effort but also be used as hostile propaganda since it would show GSF losing people.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
loving hell, apologies for yesterday guys, went full turbo.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

bluegoon posted:

loving hell, apologies for yesterday guys, went full turbo.

It was interesting to say the least.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

What happened there? Did you use a Lachesis for suicide tackle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

What happened there? Did you use a Lachesis for suicide tackle?

yeah i'm swapping to much cheaper keres after i get gallente frig to 5

• Locked thread