Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Exactly! All the systems are in place, somebody with actual talent just needs to do skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I saw some bolter pistols on the Nexus the other day. I imagine a lot of the hardcore modding crowd not put off by some of the core changes to the games systems are waiting for a price drop in the coming summer sale.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pendent posted:

How are there not hundreds of mods adding 40k weapons and power armor to the game? The modding community has really let me down here.

Also, where's the red death companion mod

e: guess I should have looked first!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14116/

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SeanBeansShako posted:

I saw some bolter pistols on the Nexus the other day.

Horrible firearms.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

SplitSoul posted:

Horrible firearms.

I'd steer clear of them if I were you.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pound_Coin posted:

Edit: Also the dude that makes functional displays is a scrublord. When you put a gun in the display it references the generic ID, so your super modded legendary pistol will just be a "10mm pistol" on the display, rather than grabbing the actual ID of what you placed.

Functional Displays posted:

- The weapons default to their base world model. I can't fix this yet (I think) until the CK is out. What this means is that all weapon modifications are invisible while displayed. It will go to the default look as if there were no changes made to it. Don't worry, all of your mods are still on your weapons, they are just invisible :) Look at the last image and you'll see what I mean. The modifications and legendary stats are all still there.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

FlyinPingu posted:

this mod seems real bad

Some questionable thinking went into its implementation (you need cannibal before bloody mess? Awareness and several others before gun nut? what the hell guy) but the basic idea is very solid from a roleplaying perspective, because it makes mastering every single playstyle at once impossible. There's not much reason the same guy would be a sneaky, pickpockety cannibal by night and a respected, heavy gun toting mayor by day, but if you did want to roleplay that guy, you should have to put some more work into it than picking a few perks.

If it wasn't currently busted like this I'd overhaul it myself with some better thinking. Tier one perks should be free and then some other kind of investment should be made to go beyond that, like Scrapping before Gun Nut 2 and Inspirational before Local Leader 2.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Saint Sputnik posted:

There's not much reason the same guy would be a sneaky, pickpockety cannibal by night and a respected, heavy gun toting mayor by day

Jeffrey Dahmer inconsolable

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

Barn Owl posted:

Has anyone gotten skilled enough at the creation kit to add in a scrapping settlement prop? I'm tired of dropping my stuff on the ground and having to use the workshop interface to turn items into their base materials. It'd be handy to have a container that any scrap-able item you place into it gets turned into crafting resources in a separate chest. I know yu don't have to pre-scrap items, but I don't like the inventory clutter.
Do what I do: Find a settlement you don't care about, drop everything on the ground, and then go to console and type "scrapall".

I do this in Coastal Cottage, since it's impossible to build anything useful there.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwCljxLOl0c&t=69s

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011
Is there a good alternative start mod yet? Preferrably one that removes all the references to SHAUN :byodame: and the pre-war background.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So what, you want a mod that starts with you exiting the vault and disables the main questline entirely? Just load your end-of-vault autosave and don't talk to any npcs :ms:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

One thing I want from the Trait mod is the Gifted trait to have higher SPECIALS and slower leveling, and it occurs to me that since mods that slow the leveling already exists, perhaps there's one that just increases your starting special points at character creation. Is there one like that?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Midnight Voyager posted:

Functional display word

Turns out, it is I who is the scrublord.

(Still can't get displays loving working with snap and build + WBO anyway, tempted to just loving give up)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Azhais posted:

So what, you want a mod that starts with you exiting the vault and disables the main questline entirely? Just load your end-of-vault autosave and don't talk to any npcs :ms:

Traditionally alternate start mods for bethesda games dump you at any one of a number of places with a variety of starting equipment.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

New weapons on the Nexus report once more.

First off, does anyone want a BAR to help with Super Mutant smashing?

Also, apparently some sort of weird Nazi militia assault rifle is avaliable too but you might need Far Harbour.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

OwlFancier posted:

Traditionally alternate start mods for bethesda games dump you at any one of a number of places with a variety of starting equipment.

Well, fine, but how do you get rid of "SHAUN :byodame:" without re-writing the entirety of the main questline? Because "I'm looking for an alternate start that doesn't reference the pre-war or entire baby-related plotline" sounds like "What other post-apocalyptic game should I be playing?" not "Where's the mod?"

CFox
Nov 9, 2005

Azhais posted:

Well, fine, but how do you get rid of "SHAUN :byodame:" without re-writing the entirety of the main questline? Because "I'm looking for an alternate start that doesn't reference the pre-war or entire baby-related plotline" sounds like "What other post-apocalyptic game should I be playing?" not "Where's the mod?"

Nah just replace Shaun with "answers" and you can still have the same general flow of the main quest just with a surprise that your son isn't dead and is running the institute.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Azhais posted:

With more difficulty given that you have a more specific backstory than a TES game but the premise is similar, disable the initial main quest hook and let you start in different places with different situations and equipment, have a quest to hook into the main quest at some point.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Lotish posted:

One thing I want from the Trait mod is the Gifted trait to have higher SPECIALS and slower leveling, and it occurs to me that since mods that slow the leveling already exists, perhaps there's one that just increases your starting special points at character creation. Is there one like that?
Er, "want"? It does exactly that already.

As to the second point, this info might help: There's a GMST that determines how many SPECIAL points you start with called "uSpecialPoints". Its vanilla value is 28, because it apparently counts the 1 in every stat you start with in the engine's funky calculations (28 - 7 for a one in each stat = 21, the number of points you can assign at the Vault-Tec Rep in vanilla). Adjust that value as you see fit, but always remember to have it be 7 points higher than what you want, because the engine reserves 7 of those points to give the player a 1 in each stat. So if you wanted people to start off with 30 SPECIAL points instead of 21, you would change the GMST to 37.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OwlFancier posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14253

This one is brand new today

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Man, is there really still no mod that lets you hook up Home Plate to a supply line?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

My wife wants to try a playthrough of Fallout 4 but can't tolerate feral ghouls. Is there a mod that can replace them wholesale with more synths or dogs or something? I've searched around but the closest I could find was a mod for New Vegas that replaced ferals with Mr Handy. (Which would be perfect, if it were for Fallout 4)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Cirosan posted:

Er, "want"? It does exactly that already.

As to the second point, this info might help: There's a GMST that determines how many SPECIAL points you start with called "uSpecialPoints". Its vanilla value is 28, because it apparently counts the 1 in every stat you start with in the engine's funky calculations (28 - 7 for a one in each stat = 21, the number of points you can assign at the Vault-Tec Rep in vanilla). Adjust that value as you see fit, but always remember to have it be 7 points higher than what you want, because the engine reserves 7 of those points to give the player a 1 in each stat. So if you wanted people to start off with 30 SPECIAL points instead of 21, you would change the GMST to 37.

I was saying "I could download the traits and perks mod and have all this extra stuff that comes with the one thing I'm interested in, but then I have all this extra stuff I don't care about cluttering the game--does there exist a mod that just recreates the Gifted trait and does only that." Turns out, there is one that changes the You're SPECIAL book to exactly the same Gifted Perk.

But thanks for the tip.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

CFox posted:

Nah just replace Shaun with "answers" and you can still have the same general flow of the main quest just with a surprise that your son isn't dead and is running the institute.

THEY TOOK MY ANSWERS

GIVE ME BACK MY ANSWERS

I'm looking for a missing person. My son. Answers.

e: now that I'm thinking about it, what if there was a mod that basically did that but instead of replacing Shaun with another word, you replaced it with !@#%& and replaced every voice line with line where your kid's name is bleeped out like a swear.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The old mod that removed level requirements from perks is broken and the author got weird. Is there an alternative?

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Repost of mine from the nexus and reddit forums but:

quote:

I'm working on making some new masks/ / headgear / goggles for the game. I know it's not going to be identical to making weapons so I am interested in reading about other's workflow or what I need to do specifically for clothing.

Additionally, I have some other questions: How does the custom mesh deal with the variable head shapes and sizes? Is there special properties I have to add to deal with that? When I import official glasses it seems to come with giant diamonds that indicate something. Where the head is supposed to be, maybe? Also, how do others ensure that the headgear fits the head? I as aiming to have straps on the back of the goggles that wrap around the head, and have imported a base_head model, but it is also missing the back of the skull, so it is a bit difficult to use that as a reference.

Any know the answers to these questions, know somebody I can ask, or know of any workflow guides or discussion on this topic?

It's been tough finding information when it comes to clothes.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I tried this out, and maybe it's an interaction between it and some of my other mods that I just haven't noticed yet, but movement controls stop working for me after I leave character creation, and then it crashes.

edit: okay, tried it again, and made sure to interact with the computer before moving into the next room, and no problems, but it did a side effect: While the War of the Commonwealth mod still put its in-game control into my inventory, the bullet-time mod did not.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 28, 2016

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Lotish posted:

So I tried this out, and maybe it's an interaction between it and some of my other mods that I just haven't noticed yet, but movement controls stop working for me after I leave character creation, and then it crashes.

edit: okay, tried it again, and made sure to interact with the computer before moving into the next room, and no problems, but it did a side effect: While the War of the Commonwealth mod still put its in-game control into my inventory, the bullet-time mod did not.

That's normal. The bullet time items get added as soon as you start a game with it active. If you start a new game they vanish the moment you leave Vault 111.

Make a save with the BT mod disabled, enable it again and load that save, the items will be added now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah, I found that out, though I did stumble upon something else a little strange: When I got to Boston, there were Railroad agents in the streets that were hostile to me before I even fired a shot. That normal with War of the Commonwealth? I mean, I might like to talk to the Railroad at some point, so I'm wondering if I should ditch this game if they're going to hate me out of the gate.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

e: now that I'm thinking about it, what if there was a mod that basically did that but instead of replacing Shaun with another word, you replaced it with !@#%& and replaced every voice line with line where your kid's name is bleeped out like a swear.

My gently caress. They took my last gently caress! I'm all outta fucks, Commonwealth here I come!

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Singing Sunflower posted:

Is there a good alternative start mod yet? Preferrably one that removes all the references to SHAUN :byodame: and the pre-war background.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13762/

This one is pretty alright. Lets you start in various settings with appropriate faction alliances and such. The OH NO MY SON HE IS ONLY A BABY stuff is (usually) put in terms of it being a weird dream thing or something (changes per scenario), but obviously doesn't do anything to remove the main plot entirely. I'm hoping he gets the "escaped synth" scenario implemented soon, but right now there's a couple BoS ones (runaway initiate and hopeful member ones), a Gunner start, a Raider start (everyone hates you in this one), a ghoul start, atom cats start, and a few other random ones.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Zelmel posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13762/

This one is pretty alright. Lets you start in various settings with appropriate faction alliances and such. The OH NO MY SON HE IS ONLY A BABY stuff is (usually) put in terms of it being a weird dream thing or something (changes per scenario), but obviously doesn't do anything to remove the main plot entirely. I'm hoping he gets the "escaped synth" scenario implemented soon, but right now there's a couple BoS ones (runaway initiate and hopeful member ones), a Gunner start, a Raider start (everyone hates you in this one), a ghoul start, atom cats start, and a few other random ones.

Looks promising, thanks!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

New MO2 release

https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

This one is an interesting one, basically a modder has reskined and adapted the HK G3 Battle Rifle mod to basically become the US Assault Rifle from Fallout 3. Great for ~CANON~ spergs who loved the previous game like myself and hate the weird Vickers looking machine gun pretending to be an assault rifle.

Also, BEEP BOOP WOOF OLD SCHOOL CYBER DOG COMPANION!

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

(it's not a conversion of the rex from New Vegas but cyberdog based on Dogmeat model)

Odd thing to try and clarify, considering they look nearly identical, and is this even legal? Since you're ripping assets from New Vegas and putting them online?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

KiddieGrinder posted:

(it's not a conversion of the rex from New Vegas but cyberdog based on Dogmeat model)

Odd thing to try and clarify, considering they look nearly identical, and is this even legal? Since you're ripping assets from New Vegas and putting them online?

Well I guess someone agreed with you, looks like it's gone.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

CFox posted:

If Shaun was stolen as a baby then how does everybody including himself know his name is Shaun when the player asks? This doesn't add up.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Davoren posted:

Well I guess someone agreed with you, looks like it's gone.

Oh Nexus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Between the two alt start mods posted above, I prefer the newer one. It had a couple movement/camera bugs initially that he ironed out pretty quick, should be solid now. It's faster than the other one since he doesn't make you sit through the Shaun kidnapping scene; and it's very flexible, lets you choose your profession and starting weapon and gear, and there are way more locations than the slightly older alt-start mod. He needs to add Goodneighbor tho.

Inzombiac posted:

The old mod that removed level requirements from perks is broken and the author got weird. Is there an alternative?

I'm using this one
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13768/

• Locked thread