Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shinmai

CHK Instruction
wth is a target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

shinmai posted:

wth is a target

American retail store chain

cuntman.net

heroin

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
made this v good meal tonight:

here's the recipe, if anyone's interested:

joke_explainer

Thank you. That looks right. That's how chicken should look. Nice plating too!!! A lovely meal.

Chicken legs and thighs should always get up to around 165 to fix that tough connective tissue in them. Delicious when done right.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

joke_explainer posted:

Thank you. That looks right. That's how chicken should look. Nice plating too!!! A lovely meal.

Chicken legs and thighs should always get up to around 165 to fix that tough connective tissue in them. Delicious when done right.

Thanks! I got this recipe from my dad, and he usually puts bakes it at 375 for about 35-40 minutes, and 400 for the last 5-10. The skin usually comes out nice and crispy that way.

King of Bees

joke_explainer posted:

That chix looks great. I usually start my thighs skin down in a buttery pan till the skin crisps up and flip and finish in the oven to break down that collagen. Prep however, lemon, soy, whatever. The best part is the chicken skin potato chip IMO.

alnilam

HighwireAct posted:

The recipe looks like it says "very food"

alnilam

wow, much recipe, very food

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
i can confirm that it is, indeed, very food

the unabonger

HighwireAct posted:

thats some nice plating

poverty goat

if only the plate was centered on the mat...........................

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
i was totally shooting for that wabi-sabi aesthetic

King of Bees
Anyone gonna try them tacos inflated this weekend. I'd like to hear what you think so pm me if you want (I just got plat back). No goatse please

King of Bees

King of Bees posted:

Anyone gonna try them tacos inflated this weekend. I'd like to hear what you think so pm me if you want (I just got plat back). No goatse please

Hahahaha. Inflated. "I posted" is what it was supposed to read.

shinmai

CHK Instruction
I'm going to try, but it all depends on how well my tats heal, as delicious as those tacos sound, I don't want to gently caress up my hands for them :)
If not this weekend, I'm definitely trying them the weekend after.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

King of Bees posted:

5. Roll your meat

hey, was gonna make this pretty soon, but I wanted to clarify what you meant by this. is it basically just tenderizing the meat, or is there some other process here?

Afro Doug

joke_explainer posted:

at this place:

It was pretty good.

hmmm... i'm surprised the food didn't get wet

om nom nom

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
This threads really coming back to life! I just got a promotion (executive sous chef) and life is really really busy, but I've got pics and will try to make an effort post about my fancy schmancy new kitchen soon.

King of Bees

HighwireAct posted:

hey, was gonna make this pretty soon, but I wanted to clarify what you meant by this. is it basically just tenderizing the meat, or is there some other process here?

Basically just roll the skirt steak so all the stuff is inside it and then it's pretty compact and getting good contact. No need to tenderize it since its getting chopped into taco sized pieces. Then just put in the bag and add juice for juice flavor. The juice being acidic will make the meat mushy if you leave it in too long imo. So I just do one hour.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

King of Bees posted:

Basically just roll the skirt steak so all the stuff is inside it and then it's pretty compact and getting good contact. No need to tenderize it since its getting chopped into taco sized pieces. Then just put in the bag and add juice for juice flavor. The juice being acidic will make the meat mushy if you leave it in too long imo. So I just do one hour.

great, thanks!

King of Bees
Hey guys I want to grill fresh sardines for the first time tomorrow. Any recs?

the unabonger
get big ones, rinse them, dry them, cut them open and get out their gills and guts, rinse their insides, then make a brine out of salt and water, then rinse them in that. pat it dry and then take some salt in your fingers, press it into the fins tail and gills, then rub it in lightly, then lightly salt the whole thing. get the grill hot, oil the grate, then grill them for about 3 or 4 minutes, then flip them using chopsticks or a spatula, grill them for the same amount of time, then serve with soy sauce and lemons.

King of Bees

i flunked out posted:

get big ones, rinse them, dry them, cut them open and get out their gills and guts, rinse their insides, then make a brine out of salt and water, then rinse them in that. pat it dry and then take some salt in your fingers, press it into the fins tail and gills, then rub it in lightly, then lightly salt the whole thing. get the grill hot, oil the grate, then grill them for about 3 or 4 minutes, then flip them using chopsticks or a spatula, grill them for the same amount of time, then serve with soy sauce and lemons.

Thank k you for responding but I have questions. Please clarify the salt in your fingers sentence. And the soy/lemon would a ponzu lime sauce work? Thanks!

the unabonger

King of Bees posted:

Thank k you for responding but I have questions. Please clarify the salt in your fingers sentence. And the soy/lemon would a ponzu lime sauce work? Thanks!

take a little pinch of salt inbetween your fingers, then sprinkle it on the tail. rub it in a little bit so its not just resting from the sprinkling but actually sticks on a little bit. don't do the rubbing too hard or the salt will start grind the tail, fins, and gills up. do the same on the fins and gill slits after doing it both sides of the tail, it should give them a little bit of a salty crust. I think that a lime/ponzu sauce would be nice, but just to clarify, I didnt mean a lemon/soysauce, I meant a slice of lemon to squeeze onto the sardines and soy sauce to dip them in.

King of Bees

i flunked out posted:

take a little pinch of salt inbetween your fingers, then sprinkle it on the tail. rub it in a little bit so its not just resting from the sprinkling but actually sticks on a little bit. don't do the rubbing too hard or the salt will start grind the tail, fins, and gills up. do the same on the fins and gill slits after doing it both sides of the tail, it should give them a little bit of a salty crust. I think that a lime/ponzu sauce would be nice, but just to clarify, I didnt mean a lemon/soysauce, I meant a slice of lemon to squeeze onto the sardines and soy sauce to dip them in.

😃 Thank you! Will trip report in gbs sardine thread

Oh I will be doing a mix of your method and others just to clarify.

El Generico

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

loud noise warning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H79PPoSfqBM

El Generico fucked around with this message at 08:24 on May 30, 2016

King of Bees
Ok ibposted my dunes in the gbs dine thread. Thank you byob for the help!

King of Bees

King of Bees posted:

Ok ibposted my dunes in the gbs dine thread. Thank you byob for the help!

Holy crap auto correct!

shinmai

CHK Instruction
Looks like they turned out pretty nice, kudos!

shinmai

CHK Instruction
Some peachy chicken I made just now. Not a great photo, it's so hot a phone snap was all I could manage

It was pretty good, but as a frugal student, I'd recommend just buying marinated slices instead of marinading breast fillets yourself and cutting them up.

thanks Matoi Ryuko :love:

poverty goat

i made biscuits and gravy! everything is made from scratch, even the sausage (2:1 pork shoulder and cherry smoked slab bacon w/ some sage and a lil maple)

i didnt take any pics of it plated because i was starving and high and i forgot, but it was excellent

also i made this for dinner (bacon, garlic, garlic, garlic, anchovies, lemon zest/juice, etc):

i didnt take any pics of it plated because i was starving and high and i forgot, but it was excellent

treasure bear

The Goatfather posted:

i made biscuits and gravy! everything is made from scratch, even the sausage (2:1 pork shoulder and cherry smoked slab bacon w/ some sage and a lil maple)

that sausage sounds good

The Goatfather posted:

please show us your food on plates

treasure bear

Chorizo tapas!

Finely chop some garlic and onion, glug or two of olive oil, saute.

Add the chopped chorizo and brown.

Add a teaspoonish of honey.

Add a couple of glugs of red wine.

Eat with bread. Token parsley for colour.

King of Bees
Doing a crawfish boil in the dine thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756260&pagenumber=68#lastpost

poverty goat

first stab at cheddar+jalapeno

shinmai

CHK Instruction
Your loaves always look very nice. Beautiful bread is a pleasure to cut into :)

You cook a lot of nice, not-fancy-schmancy, yummy looking fish and seafood. Those Sea Roaches looked really nice!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I ordered beef cheeks and will cook them next weekend while i am away i'm looking forward to it

FutonForensic

today i made some flavored butter to go along with some homemade bread rolls. the bread was eh but the butter was pretty good. 1/2 cup softened butter. 1/2 tsp of garlic powder. couple tsp of fresh minced basil and thyme each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees

shinmai posted:

Your loaves always look very nice. Beautiful bread is a pleasure to cut into :)

You cook a lot of nice, not-fancy-schmancy, yummy looking fish and seafood. Those Sea Roaches looked really nice!

Thanks friend! I cook a lot of non seafood too. Did anyone try my tacos yet?